BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nothing personal with SAS.  They hardly covered themselves in glory in DS or in the Falklands.  

Ironically, I think the SBS to be much more professional and capable.
View Quote
There was actually a pretty huge goof during the end of British active involvement in OIF, as well.

The Brits do have a good excuse, and that is a bureaucracy that makes the American one look risk tolerant and mission command focused.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So many here mistake hypocrisy for irony.

Your preference for Limey SEALs over Limey Army is deliciously ironic.

As to the topic at hand it might be possible that a member of the SAS team got caught with an empty mag and bad guy at contact distance.

Instead of transition to pistol he opted for transition to puddle and rock.

Who knows?
View Quote
I know you're no expert, but the SEALs could be described as American SBS, from an historical standpoint.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Again, based on what, what you read about on the internet? You a BTDT? And who are the 'SEALs'? A SEAL takes a shit and there is a documentary.
View Quote
He's taken a training course before.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the hero is the guy you never hear about who plans his operations properly, goes out, clubs baby seals, and comes home with all his men without breaking a sweat.

the us military has tons of them.  but we don't seem to care much about those guys.
View Quote
A wise man once told me, "More careers are ruined by honesty than incompetence."
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wasn't there recently a story of SAS running out of ammo and killing some isis with a fucking kukri?  If this is propaganda, at least they have their heads in the right place.
View Quote
"Don't worry that your kid was waiting for the school bus when he got run over by the jihad express. And don't worry about those nice "refugees" groping and raping women. We are really giving the bastards a thumping over in the savage lands. Your few remaining freedoms are only a tiny sacrifice in our glorious fight." Pretty sure that is where there heads are. That and they can make money doing it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Bravo Two Zero is a good read if anyone's interested about how things went very badly for a few SAS guys
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Royal Marines hand to hand combat
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I know you're no expert, but the SEALs could be described as American SBS, from an historical standpoint.
View Quote
I think that was what he was saying.

Hey.  I call it as I see it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#9]
It's lik Bravo Two Zero times ten!
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top