Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Since this topic popped back up and you guys seem to love looking at my 68 yo toes, here is another pic.

It blistered a bit a couple days ago and squirted about 8" when i stuck a needle in it.  The toe is tender but not really painful.  Still looks like an overcooked little smoky.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Why, OP?  Why?

Edit to above: Take a belt sander to those nails.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why, OP?  Why?

View Quote

For educational purposes only
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know who I feel worse for, OP for getting bit or the spider for putting it's mandibles on those toes.

Trim those toe daggers.

OP is right though, ARF does have some sort of weird male on male foot obsession. OP just giving the people what they want.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since this topic popped back up and you guys seem to love looking at my 68 yo toes, here is another pic.

It blistered a bit a couple days ago and squirted about 8" when i stuck a needle in it.  The toe is tender but not really painful.  Still looks like an overcooked little smoky.

https://i.ibb.co/4s42rS4/IMG-20210719-120803852.jpg
View Quote

Nail clippers. Does you haz them?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/4s42rS4/IMG-20210719-120803852.jpg
View Quote

Fucking shit, OP. Have some self pride and cut your fucking nails.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking shit, OP. Have some self pride and cut your fucking nails.

While I agree my nails need cutting.

How about you guys manage your feet as you want and I will take care of mine.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]

By the looks of that big toe, I don't think good foot care is a priority to that guy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Still has decent color. Good thing you dont have the beetus OP, if you did, that toe would be darker than a Ralph Northam Halloween costume.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeebus, did nobody teach you how to trim those nasty toenails.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Those nails explain the spider bite, that happens when you climb trees.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#13]
A brown recluse killed my friend. He didn't survive the following infection.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Still has decent color. Good thing you dont have the beetus OP, if you did, that toe would be darker than a Ralph Northam Halloween costume.
View Quote

That made me laugh
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I had it. The antibiotics didnt work. Read an article form University of Texas on a guy who has dcoumented treatment since the 70s. He recommended huge amounts daily of benadryl. After nothing else worked this did. The bite was brutal, although oddly pain free.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ADVICE

ADVICE

ADVICE is different than ADVISE
View Quote

Maybe OP is British.

OP, do you have any neighbours? What's your favourite beer?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Use a PVC pipe cutter, quick, precise, clean margins.
Plus, if you get the blade red hot first, it cauterizes as it cuts, leaves a nice finished result.
View Quote

I need to price PVC pipe cutters.  I already have the chisel and cigarette lighter

I do like how you think
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I need to price PVC pipe cutters.  I already have the chisel and cigarette lighter

I do like how you think
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use a PVC pipe cutter, quick, precise, clean margins.
Plus, if you get the blade red hot first, it cauterizes as it cuts, leaves a nice finished result.

I do like how you think

Steve?? You're alive!

Ste
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Steve?? You're alive!

Ste
View Quote

Why yes I am and toe is still intact.

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Does OP use his hind legs to rip the guts out of his unlucky prey?

Fever, chills, achy joints, heavy sweating, loss of appetite for two, maybe three weeks. Make sure to drink plenty of water and force yourself to eat properly, and trim them toe nails. I had to dry myself off multiple times a night from sweating so much.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Updated: Back from urgent care, Doc said likely BR bite.  

Wrote a script for Bactrim, said if the toe starts getting black go to ER cause they didn't do any cutting at UC.

Not the beetus,  my AC1 is around 3.  

Advise/advice yeah I know the difference,  just sometimes my fingers type without my brain fully engaging

Edit.  There is a wealth of informed information here at ARFCOM.  Many educated people and then there are those that posted in this thread.

Original post:

I got bit yesterday morning by what I believe was a Brown Recluse.  The bite was on the tip of my second toe,next to the big toe.

I first noticed a little irritation and thought I was developing an ingrown toe nail.

As the day progressed the toe continued to swell and by the end of the day the skin was mostly blistered.  I took Benedryl (50mg three times), so the histamine response was minimized.

Anyway this morning the toe is a little more swollen and a little more blistered.  Very sensitive to touch.   No throbbing or pain unless touched.

My question is at what point do I need medical attention?  From my research they really can not treat the reaction to the venom and can only excise the necrotic tissue, correct?

So go to the Doc when necrosis starts?  Or sooner?
View Quote

Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top