Quoted:

Nah bro, we’ve got Circle K too. This shit is on another level
View Quote

Circle K, Racetrac, Wawa,  or Bucees???
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:37:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was growing up in SE NM I used to put ketchup on my Allsup's burrito.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I had heard of the place many times from others, but Thursday was the first time I had ever been IN one, the Bucees in Terrell, Texas.

Attachment Attached File

Mind you, it was about 10:30 PM, and it there was plenty of people. The wife had to buy merchandise, so we have mugs, she has a t-shirt, and she bought shirts for family. We had no difficulty finding a parking place.

Attachment Attached File

I couldn't remember what it was we were supposed to try, (the brisket sandwiches), so we bought Beaver Nuggets, original flavor, white cheddar ad cinnamon sweet. She liked the original, (tased like CrackerJack), and I liked the white cheddar, and the cinnamon sweet is still unopened.

As posted, they are hiring.

Attachment Attached File

It is a big place for what it is. Next time we drive out to Texas, (GOD, that DRIVE!), we'll stop and try the brisket.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They said they were building 2 in TN, 1 or 2 in GA and another 2 in KY.
View Quote

There's one being built in Alabama near Auburn.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love Bucc-ee's!

Decent food and super clean restrooms 24/7.
View Quote

Yep.    

Some of my favorite Buc-ee's food items:

-breakfast tacos (they are actually pretty good)
-grilled cheese with added bacon and jalapenos
-California wrap (great option if you want something not so heavy)
-The Mighty Cod (fried fish sandwich)
-tater tots (gimme some tots!)
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
For some reason every time I go to an out of state (not Texas) one, the place is a disaster. Employees don't care, nothing restocked, food extremely slow. I honestly think it's due to little oversight from corporate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Buccees are good but the better restroom was the busy bee in Florida. Liked that bathroom more.
View Quote

Busy Bee restrooms are legit…but Buc’ee’s is the winner. Stay mad.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif

I think all of us that are agreeing or disagreeing about how great bucees is need to put our differences aside and gang up on this ketchup burrito guy lol. I enjoy allsup burritos very much but adding ketchup is just wrong.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:15:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't doubt that you have traveled more and been to more gas stations than me.  But you obviously weren't at that buc-ees that day.  Nothing I said was exaggerated or embellished, that place was a mad house.

"The only bucees that is crowded is the tiny old one that was by surf side."  Really??

Edit because I just saw your edit: yeah I don't remember if it was around a holiday when everybody is traveling or what.  But it was ridiculous.  And no every buc-ees hasn't been THAT busy, but it's amazing how often every single pump is full when they have over 100.
View Quote

I meant the surf side one was always crowded because of how tiny the store was. Others here are saying their bucees visits were super crowded also so I guess I am wrong in how busy they can get. I have been lucky I guess that they were not crowded to me. I probably don’t pay attention to the crowds because I’m too busy in shopping mode.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:18:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There are multiple here in Texas and they are pretty much always that crowded, at least the larger ones right off major interstates.
View Quote

They are crowded; but the shelves are well stocked, the drink stations are clean, not to mention the restrooms, and I have never had much if any wait for product or to check out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck being that packed with people....damn.

There were no Bucees close enough to me on my last visit to Texas to slide on in and check them out. Wish there was.

But I also missed out on a more regional Texas thing the Allsups burrito.

I intend to fix that soon.
View Quote

Allsups is dog food compared to Laredo Kitchen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Their BBQ is bottom of the barrel.

Their restrooms are worth stopping for.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So like a Circle K with a few more gas pumps and a beaver?
View Quote

It is nothing like Circle K; they don’t let methbillies hang out on the property. The store and grounds is always clean, including the pumps.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:34:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Went to the one in Terrell on Tuesday. Blew my mind.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:57:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, I would have kept on driving. No way in hell am I standing in line to buy something at a gas station, let alone waiting to get a parking spot.
View Quote

Trying to figure out how I know you haven’t been to a Buc-ees…

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:01:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The one in Florence SC should be opening soon. Once it does I’ll have to find an excuse to make a road trip down 95.
View Quote

There goes South of the Border
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:06:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet you used to try and fuck a doorknob too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For some reason every time I go to an out of state (not Texas) one, the place is a disaster. Employees don't care, nothing restocked, food extremely slow. I honestly think it's due to little oversight from corporate.
View Quote

That's a big deal if true - and they need to nip that shit in the bud fast if they want this to work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I meant the surf side one was always crowded because of how tiny the store was. Others here are saying their bucees visits were super crowded also so I guess I am wrong in how busy they can get. I have been lucky I guess that they were not crowded to me. I probably don't pay attention to the crowds because I'm too busy in shopping mode.
View Quote
I seriously think it's people who feel crowded if they aren't the only people in the store.  Baytown buccees was busy yesterday but easy to move around in and the lines move fine.   I've been in Buccees on some busy travel days and while there can be a lot of people it's not crowded by any reasonable standard.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everyone move here to KY!
View Quote

Don't worry....they are!

Big assed gas station selling lotsa food and junk.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I visited one for the first time about a month ago, it was good, nothing in there I would wait in a long line for.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's a way of life in Texas.
View Quote

LOL - I've lived in Texas all my life and I've never even seen one. And I'm good with that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This has been my worry about their expansion out of state. Don't get so big your Brand is tarnished.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Buc-ee's hate us here..so does HEB.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck being that packed with people....damn.

There were no Bucees close enough to me on my last visit to Texas to slide on in and check them out. Wish there was.

But I also missed out on a more regional Texas thing the Allsups burrito.

I intend to fix that soon.

Our friends told us not to get my hopes up, but it was an area thing that many liked. Quick, decent burrito on the road type of thing. We left their place later than planned so we just didn't get the chance.

After a quick google search, I would absolutely expect a real restaurant burrito to be better than a gas station burrito.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I have no idea why, but I love going to a buc-ee's. Normally, I hate a place like that but man, those brisket tacos are the shizz. I can spend $100 on snacks in like 5 minutes and be happy about it. Wish we had one here in NWA but we stop at one while en route to see fam in  Houston.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Welcome to Kentucky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God damn, almost everyone in that first pic is overweight.

Welcome to Kentucky
Welcome to America

Now build a couple in AZ
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Bucc-ee's takes this inspirational motivation to heart every day...

Absolutely the Cleanest Bathrooms with NO WAITING around - period!!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/73592278.jpg

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

Excellent!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Driving through Kentucky and a Buc-ee's just opened up this week I guess. Near Richmond/Berea.  This place was off the hook busy. They told me they were breaking records for the chain multiple times today. Even had a line just to get off the highway.  

Zero parking (you have to get lucky) and dozens more driving in circles waiting for a spot. Many parking on a country road with a good walk.

I had a brisket sandwich, which was tasty. And a pound of various jerky (Delicious!).  Cool spot. But damn it was busy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220423_142038_jpg-2359528.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220423_135655_jpg-2359529.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220423_140517_jpg-2359530.JPG
https://buc-ees.com/

Fat girl central for sure
View Quote

Passed that on the way to see Tool a month or so back. I was bummed it wasn’t open yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All hail the mighty beaver!

Attachment Attached File

@Lug1 should know about this Buc-ee’s thread. He is an enjoyer of all things Buc’s
View Quote

Someone online (I can't remember where) suggested replacing all the Confederate statues with Bucc-ee's beaver statues, and honestly, I thought that was a pretty cool idea for once, unlike the BLM statue suggestions (which were dogshit).

Leave the Robert E. Lee statues alone though, Lee was a good man.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have no idea why, but I love going to a buc-ee's. Normally, I hate a place like that but man, those brisket tacos are the shizz. I can spend $100 on snacks in like 5 minutes and be happy about it. Wish we had one here in NWA but we stop at one while en route to see fam in  Houston.
View Quote

Springfield, Mo is in the planning stages to get a Buc-ee's off I-44.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Excellent!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/73592278.jpg

BIGGER_HAMMER

Excellent!

Next time you & the family come back to Texas, we'll make a Buc-ee's stop -  Your wife & daughter will become huge fans!  

When I'm traveling with my daugthers or my Gal, Buc-ee's is a "must stop" stop!

It was good to meet Y'all at Wolfie's Chili-Fest.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#35]
If I never step foot in another bucees that will be fine with me.
My goal when traveling is to minimize my contact with people.
Its the union station of gross.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I went to the Buc-ee's in Leeds, AL a month ago for my first ever Buc-ee's visit. Yeah, I'll be back.

Like as already been said multiple times in this thread, the bathrooms are awesome.

The food is on another level. The brisket sandwich is awesome, but the Buc-ee's Club Melt is even better, in my opinion. I ordered both because I couldn't decide which I wanted to try more. I ate the Club first, followed by the brisket. I had a religious experience eating that Club Melt. The next time I go, though, I'm buying both again and combining the two of them into one glorious sandwich.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't go into the bathroom when I was there. Is that a Bucee's sacrilege?

They had a long line though and didn't need to use them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I have visited a few times…
I prefer the ones in Georgia to the ones in Texas

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I went to the Buc-ee's in Leeds, AL a month ago for my first ever Buc-ee's visit. Yeah, I'll be back.

Like as already been said multiple times in this thread, the bathrooms are awesome.

The food is on another level. The brisket sandwich is awesome, but the Buc-ee's Club Melt is even better, in my opinion. I ordered both because I couldn't decide which I wanted to try more. I ate the Club first, followed by the brisket. I had a religious experience eating that Club Melt. The next time I go, though, I'm buying both again and combining the two of them into one glorious sandwich.
View Quote

what's your total cholesterol? geez...
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I didn't go into the bathroom when I was there. Is that a Bucee's sacrilege?

They had a long line though and didn't need to use them.
View Quote

for guys the line moves fast, they have ~30 urinals!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#41]
they have a ton of bathrooms

their bbq sandwich is good

they have a ton of gas lanes

I am ok with it
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he definitely spends time in the bucees bathroom after eating all that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Made it to this location last Sunday.  The parking lot area is laid out poorly and tight compared to the other Buc-ee's locations I've been to.  The jerky is great but almost $30 a pound now.  Brisket sandwich was awesome but at $7.49 it's not worth the price.  Then as shown in the picture in the OP there is a way too much back boob present at this location.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, I drove to Florida last week, and I stopped at the Buc-ee's in Fort Valley, GA.  It was kinda neat.  Basically a gas station the size of a mid-sized grocery store.  Tons of gas pumps, and I filled up for about 3.45/gal, which is the cheapest I've seen in a while.  Got a pulled pork sandwich and a fried apple pie, and both were good.  Also picked up some snacks, including some jerky, which was quite good.  Popped into the bathroom, and as others have said, it was very clean.

Wish there was one near me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#45]
AAR - the garlic beef jerky is good.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
AAR - the garlic beef jerky is good.
View Quote

I do not eat Jerky and I will buy more of that flavor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Coming back from FL in February saw plenty of billboard signs for them. I'll have to check them out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There's one being built in Alabama near Auburn.
View Quote
There's another going up at I-65 exit 347 just south of Athens. I might try it out after the hysteria dies down. I doubt they have anything worth fighting the hordes of people that will descend in the first few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#50]
The beaver nuggets are def must have... also... I would take bets on the restrooms being cleaner and nicer than lots on these boards...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top