Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
So how is this different from drinking BUD ICE?

Less calories but higher % alcohol?
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
6.5% and 185 cal, it does not taste like Bud Light.  It also readily available in a different parts of the country, unlike some of the "my beer can beat up your beer" posts.

I hate Fat Tire, fwiw.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
6.5% and 185 cal, it does not taste like Bud Light.  It also readily available in a different parts of the country, unlike some of the "my beer can beat up your beer" posts.

http://www.newbelgium.com/images/scenes/ra_beer_prodshot12_sm.png

I hate Fat Tire, fwiw.

I just had that beer.  Pretty good.  Many people love Fat Tire.  I am not among them.  Bland shit beer.

All that said, this Bud Light Platinum is garbage.  I wish I had a Miller Lite to wash the taste away.  All I have for that is Stone IPA ()
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Wont be on the shelves by this time next year, Annheiser-Busch is losing out big to MillerCoors and theyre tying desperatly to hang on.

I'm trying to think of another beer from AB, Coors, or Miller that's 6% ABV or better and I'm drawing a blank.

Maybe this will start a trend towards stronger beers.  The low-carb and low-cal thing is hopefully going to die.  I tried MGD 64 and it tasted more like seltzer than beer.  

I'd drink all day long if my wallet and liver could handle it, and I enjoy going to brewpubs.  But, as a "staple" beer, Bud Light works fine.  I could see ordering this over another light beer simply due to the alcohol content.

Isn't Bud Ice close to that?

ETA:  5.5%

See my post. Same shit, just repackaged. It's as nasty as bud ice and natty ice.

youve tried it?  read that somewhere?  pulled that out of your ass?

He's pretty much right. I work for a distributor and we've been getting ready for the roll out of this shit for about 2 months. I got my hands on some about a month ago, I won't be buying any.

Same shit as bud ice, in a pretty blue bottle.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Natty Daddy is 8%.  

That shit is fucking horrible.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lipstick on a pig.

This.

Yup.

I've been drinking microbrew real beer for a long time now but I bought a pack of water "beer" a week ago just for the memories.  It has even less taste then what I remember.  People need to wake up and start realizing what real beer is like.

The only place I can stand to drink any of the mainline brews is on the golf course.  When its really hot.  I can tolerate Miller Lite.  Bud Lite baffles me.  If there is a more tastless bland thoroughly disgusting beer out there I haven't had it.  Yet I know tons of people who drink nothing but.  I mean to the extent if there isn't any Bud Lite they don't drink.

Bud Select 55.  The regular Bud select isn't bad for a cheap beer. However,  the select 55 version tastes like something that was reconstituted from the foam off the top of a keg, and  cut w/ rinse water.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, it'll get ya drunk.  I was wishing I had a Miller Lite to wash the taste out of my mouth, but luckily by the 3rd one you couldn't really taste the shit anymore.

Long story short, I can get drunk faster, for cheaper, with better tasting alcohol.

I will not give this a "Buy" rating.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll revive this thread

I'll probably try it just because I am a sucker for new things. I don't like Bud light, so I am not getting my hopes up. Besides, I get all the free Coors products I want  (Father-in-law and brother-in-law work there).

Isn't it just like the "ICE" style of beers?
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Tried some and it tastes 100% like bud ice but at a higher price and in a gayer bottle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#10]
you should try drinking good beer
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Tried some yesterday, I'm not sure why, because I hate Bud light.  It is terrible; sweeter than regular bud light.  It tasted like malt liquor.  There are plenty of good tasting higher % beers out there that I'm not going to waste my time drinking this again.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
see my dinner pic

ehh, it was decent for a cheap beer
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/bradpierson26/IMG_8827.jpg

More plants than meat on that plate.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I may give it a try, but my go to high alcohol beer is Molson XXX.  7.3%, not too pricey and has better flavor than the cheap high alcohol beers.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I picked up a 12 pack of Bud Light Platinum bottles today.

It tastes like Bud Light.  6% ABV and you get buzzed a bit quicker.  137 calories per bottle.

ETA - Scored mine at Hy-Vee in Grand Island, NE.

There's the problem.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Chimay Blue 9% FTW
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Platinum my ass.  Should have named it Budweiser Tin.

I wasn't impressed either.

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#17]
ABImbev is hurting right now. They are trying everything they can to stop sinking. For the first time in a decade they have dropped below 100million barrels a year,which is a big deal, and Bud light just lost to Coor's light as the best selling beer in America. Regular Bud is dropping like a rock in sales. The mega brewers in general are losing market share,  but AB is really hurting.  It would help if they made something that didn't taste like mule piss, and had an original idea.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

ABImbev is hurting right now. They are trying everything they can to stop sinking. For the first time in a decade they have dropped below 100million barrels a year,which is a big deal, and Bud light just lost to Coor's light as the best selling beer in America. Regular Bud is dropping like a rock in sales. The mega brewers in general are losing market share,  but AB is really hurting.  It would help if they made something that didn't taste like mule piss, and had an original idea.

Is this happening because the public's taste have changed or is this backlash for Bud selling out to a Euro?

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this happening because the public's taste have changed or is this backlash for Bud selling out to a Euro?

There are better options.  Most people don't know or just don't give a fuck about the Euro deal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://www.newbelgium.com/images/scenes/ra_beer_prodshot12_sm.png

I hate Fat Tire, fwiw.

That's good stuff.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:you get buzzed a bit quicker.

Wouldn't put that in the "features" column.

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wont be on the shelves by this time next year, Annheiser-Busch is losing out big to MillerCoors and theyre tying desperatly to hang on.

isnt it InBev?

It is actually Anheuser Busch - InBev Corp. if I can recall correctly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Bought a 12 pack monday.  It is most definitely overpriced bud ice.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top