Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 4/13/2023 7:26:25 AM EDT
Link

'In Bud Light's effort to be inclusive, they excluded almost everybody else,' says a St. Louis bar owner
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be nice if people on the right had the principles and conviction to do this with all leftist allied businesses/industries.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure why this one hits home so much. I think it's because Bud was seen as "safe" more so than anything else.

I can tell you that the few times I've been to the store this past week, gas station or grocery store, Bud Light is stocked to the gills and Yuengling is basically out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Anheuser-Busch Loses More than $6 Billion in Market Value Following Transgender Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light Deal
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]
For a brand as large as Bud Light, the public relations calamity already represents millions of lost dollars — even if the consumer revolt ended tomorrow.

View Quote

Just maybe the alphabet-alt folks will realize that they aren't as impressive as they thought they were
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck em. Hope they, and all businesses who follow such models, go bankrupt.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. It'll take a couple quarters for it to shake out.

3% off a 20% increase isn't much to brag about. I'm hearing they've lost alot of customers, but 3% isn't a good showing at all.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure why this one hits home so much. I think it's because Bud was seen as "safe" more so than anything else.

I can tell you that the few times I've been to the store this past week, gas station or grocery store, Bud Light is stocked to the gills and Yuengling is basically out.
View Quote

probably most guys just didnt want to hear their buddies crack fag jokes at their expense if they saw them drinking one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It would be nice if people on the right had the principles and conviction to do this with all leftist allied businesses/industries.
View Quote

This or just stay the hell out of it all. Just make what ever your business makes or does (beer in this case) and don't draw your business into these political shit shows. Seems every fucking business and industry now has to pick a side to be on so they can either virtue signal to a fringe or win over customers from another side. How about the business side of things stays out of all of it all. A few manage to do it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Went to a bar last night for 10 cent wings. Place had a line out the door on a Wednesday it was so busy. I didn't see very many bud lights on the high tops and the bar.

So that's something.

It also was the place from this thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Dispute-Outside-Bar-In-New-Hampshire-Leads-To-One-Punch-Then-Murder-Poll-added-/5-2620117/?page=1

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Good!

This is the way to fight back.

BOYCOTTS!

Boycott all woke companies and everything woke.

Stop the stupid = it is ruining America.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Will mean nothing if it doesn't stick.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anheuser-Busch Loses More than $6 Billion in Market Value Following Transgender Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light Deal
View Quote

Good, I hope they go fucking bankrupt with their faggot woke horse piss
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Still waiting for the Army to commission that trans to 18A as part of their recruiting & wonder why people don’t want to join to be led by him.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#17]
edit: nvm - wrong stock
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought she’d get canned yesterday. Probably working out all the legalize of her “resignation.”
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good, I hope they go fucking bankrupt with their faggot woke horse piss
View Quote
That would be pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#20]
That woke director of marketing gal will probably get a golden parachute and bail, she won’t learn anything. Maybe the Corp will, who knows.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I noticed our local pizza joint had a lot of people with Coors light and Yuengling bottles this past Friday. Anecdotal at best, but Bud light used to be the most representative beer previously at the same place.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#22]
People will be back to drinking it once they forget about it

Wont take that long and they will be fine.

Just a small hiccup

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shareholders will be ass-raping the CEO, who should be doing the same to his vp of marketing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just a small hiccup

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263964/Capture_JPG-2780646.JPG
View Quote

Maybe. This has to be the easiest boycott ever. There is a plethora of alternatives. If people can't do this, then they can't successfully boycott anything.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just a small hiccup

View Quote
That's the world's largest global beer portfolio and Bud Light is one brand out of hundreds.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Bet the board meetings are lit lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still up 45% from Octoberfest.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

This is exactly correct.  People have short attention spans. They'll boycott for a week or two, pat themselves on the back, and then order a Bud Light while saying "we showed them!"

For a boycott to really work, it needs to be sustained for upwards of a year  

AB knows this . . . their short-term, paper-only loss was likely figured in from the beginning.  Hell, execs were probably selling short . . . and are now buying back
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This or just stay the hell out of it all. Just make what ever your business makes or does (beer in this case) and don't draw your business into these political shit shows. Seems every fucking business and industry now has to pick a side to be on so they can either virtue signal to a fringe or win over customers from another side. How about the business side of things stays out of all of it all. A few manage to do it.
View Quote

Staying out of it isn’t really an option the left leaves them.

Understand this, the left is proactive in demanding fealty. Businesses cave to the threat leveled by the left, not the possible reaction of the right. The right is purely reactionary in this regard. Bud is finding out that the reaction can be quite real. But human nature is to address the wolf that is right now at the door (the left) rather than the wolf that MIGHT show up later (the right).

This is the conundrum of the right. Do we become proactive in demanding ideological fealty just as the left does, even though we think that in and of itself is evil? Or do we stick to principle and only act defensively when required?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I’m buying yuengling from now on
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Went to a bar last night for 10 cent wings. Place had a line out the door on a Wednesday it was so busy. I didn't see very many bud lights on the high tops and the bar.

So that's something.

It also was the place from this thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Dispute-Outside-Bar-In-New-Hampshire-Leads-To-One-Punch-Then-Murder-Poll-added-/5-2620117/?page=1

View Quote

I went to a bar yesterday for wings as well. They didn't have bud or bud light on tap, and they have had both for many years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#34]
In a couple months this will fadeaway. I’m sure that BL will rebound. The woman in charge will just take credit for it at that point.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#35]
What’s interesting about this event is that we know the name of the marketing exec and her background.

Isolating and personalizing the focus of outrage is traditionally a leftist tactic
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd like to see if the Busch latte crowd at the bar is still drinking the same.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Fuck yes! Not only is it far better, it's owned and managed by patriots. At least it was the last time I heard.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#38]
drunks drink to forget...and most have already forgotten

FAB
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Several women have taken to TikTok to join the “Burn Bra Challenge” to destroy their NIKE sports bras after the sportswear giant hired transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney to flog the company’s sports bras and leggings.

A TikTok user calling herself “chatterbox.mama,” and who also describes herself as a “southern mama,” posted her “Burn Bra Challenge” on Tuesday in which she is seen setting a NIKE women’s sports top on fire as she tells viewers that she is “sick and tired” of the company pushing women around, the New York Post reported.

Nike faced increasing backlash from women over having transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney promote the company’s apparel as a “Burn Bra Challenge” was launched on TikTok.

What ya'll think about this??#DylanMulvaney #Nike #ChatterBoxMama #Lovelytitv pic.twitter.com/3mcx7ydgiO

— lovelyti (@lovelyti) April 12, 2023

“All you real women out there – we are in the fight of all fights,” the woman said to her more than 140,000 followers.

“Since the 1960s, we have been fighting for the right to be women,” she added. “Nike, you should be ashamed of yourself.”

“NIKE, you should be ashamed of yourself. You chose a little boy with no breasts and some junk in his pants to represent real women,” she said, adding, “Nike, I am done with you.”

“I will never, ever buy a Nike product for as long as I live,” she said. “And there are millions and millions and millions of women just like me.”

She then challenged other women to “burn your Nike bras … as a way of showing our solidarity and how serious we are that we will be recognized.”

“We are the queens, your consumers hit you where it hurts, and that’s right in your pocket,” she said, concluding, “I challenge every real woman that is sick of this nonsense. It’s a great night to burn my Nike bras.”

“They’re pushing us around and we’re not doing anything about it!”

She then burned two bras next to her outdoor pool.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been buying Bud for over 45 years. Now I buy Yuengling.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#41]
I hate to waste a prayer for such things. I usually reserve that for the well-being of family. I really hope America has the wisdom and fortitude to send a message to the likes of in-bev & nike.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That's the world's largest global beer portfolio and Bud Light is one brand out of hundreds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a small hiccup

Yes, which means they wont be hurt at all despite what people think

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#45]
They should cease this foolishness and do a ‘real men of genius’ ad lampooning their own stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Makes ya wonder, were they just sick and tired of making and selling it?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Butt light is all my brother drinks. Anytime he has a get together at his house I bring my own beer and when I have a get together
at my house, he brings Bud Light...
I've never liked BL. Honestly, it just doesn't taste good at all!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#48]
You want to celebrate this perverted mental illness shit? Then prepare to be fucking canceled. Decisions were made and they were poor. Fuck A-B.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Not to worry, the cosplayers will pick up the slack
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#50]
I'd be curious to see inventory and production levels. This is probably more just a fluctuation as they were well high.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top