User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still up 45% from Octoberfest.
View Quote

It just recovered from the drop from April/May 2022.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I thought she’d get canned yesterday. Probably working out all the legalize of her “resignation.”
View Quote

The corporate speak for someone of her position is, “she elected to take early retirement.”
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It really has very little to do with Trans and more to do with an idiot VP who decided she is smarter than everyone else and changed the face of the product to one that the majority of the country doesn't identify with it.  She could have done that a dozen different ways and caused a similar backlash.  To change the face of the product and insult the existing customer base as unrefined, stupid, sexists...etc was just dumb.  This is really Bud Light pulling their own version of Gillette.  
View Quote

Yup. I was coming here to say something along these lines. I think her doubling down and insulting the majority of their customers is what made the backlash much worse. I haven’t drank BL since my 20’s and rarely ever drink now days but I won’t purchase an A-B product for the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People will be back to drinking it once they forget about it

Wont take that long and they will be fine.

Just a small hiccup

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263964/Capture_JPG-2780646.JPG
View Quote

Bud Lite is in a mature product cycle, it is only down hill from here.  They will loose customers that will be hard to replace because the brand is not viewed as the latest and greatest by the early adopters; the brand is viewed as yesterday’s news and nothing special.

The only way out is to significantly drop the price of the beer which will impact the bottom line. It will take years to bring it back to what it was prior to her awakening.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Please, come next Superbowl, white men will be chugging bud light paying $20 a can for them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link

'In Bud Light's effort to be inclusive, they excluded almost everybody else,' says a St. Louis bar owner
View Quote
Can bar owners return their inventory of Bud Lite to the local distributor from whom they bought it ??
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#7]
'No one at a senior level' was aware Bud Light had made the 'mistake' of partnering with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney - as parent company Anheuser-Busch loses $6BN in six days
Partnership with trans influencer Mulvaney has proved disastrous for Bud Light
Sources claim the company's senior executives were unaware of the campaign

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11967949/No-one-senior-level-aware-Bud-Light-partnering-trans-influencer-Dylan-Mulvaney.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]

THIS

Educate yourself and remember. They own a monstrous portion of the market. Find and drink local. Or if not that, at least not InBev.
Avoiding inbev stuff has been a thing in the craft beer circles for a while, so it’s something we’ve been doing. Getting the rest to stick is the challenge.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Anheuser-Busch made a choice:

If you are normal then no Anheuser-Busch product is for you.  Normal people, don't buy any Anheuser-Busch product, we despise all of you normal people.

Gender confused people, Anheuser-Busch products are made for you and you only.  Anheuser-Busch approves of only gender confused people.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not seeing that.  NFL has never fully recovered and are not at the viewership they would be by now.  Everyone keeps saying the NFL disgust has had no effect.  It certainly has - its just that the media and NFL chose to ignore it and downplay it.  That's fine, in the meantime, a notable portion of people are no longer sitting at their couches drinking shitty beer, but instead are doing something else.  Where basically ANYTHING else makes them a better person with a better life.
View Quote

NFL is worth more, had a record setting viewership last year...and is doing better overall than they were before Kap. It's unfortunate but true.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What’s interesting about this event is that we know the name of the marketing exec and her background.

Isolating and personalizing the focus of outrage is traditionally a leftist tactic
View Quote

She gave interviews about how awesome her decision was. It's not like somebody doxxed her.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
'No one at a senior level' was aware Bud Light had made the 'mistake' of partnering with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney - as parent company Anheuser-Busch loses $6BN in six days
Partnership with trans influencer Mulvaney has proved disastrous for Bud Light
Sources claim the company's senior executives were unaware of the campaign

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/04/13/04/69772783-11967335-Bud_Light_s_parent_company_has_lost_more_than_6billion_in_market-m-30_1681358229454.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11967949/No-one-senior-level-aware-Bud-Light-partnering-trans-influencer-Dylan-Mulvaney.html
View Quote

I find that hard to believe.  If anything they should have known something like this might happen when they hired and promoted an indoctrinated woke Ivy League grad.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Alissa Heinerscheid told the Make Yourself at Home podcast on March 30 that she was convinced Bud Light must incorporate 'inclusivity, it means shifting the tone, it means having a campaign that's truly inclusive, and feels lighter and brighter and different, and appeals to women and to men.'
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I love Bud Light, but I won't buy it anymore, ever. I prefer Coke over Pepsi, since Coke came out as racist towards whites, I havent purchased Coke since.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Go look at stocks...check out UA, Reebok, Adidas and Nike over the last 5 years. The only one in the green is NIKE.

The saying go woke go broke is a joke.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/04/10/13/69664605-11956593-image-m-11_1681128042572.jpg

Alissa Heinerscheid told the Make Yourself at Home podcast on March 30 that she was convinced Bud Light must incorporate 'inclusivity, it means shifting the tone, it means having a campaign that's truly inclusive, and feels lighter and brighter and different, and appeals to women and to men.'
View Quote

Hope you don't drink any of this either

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Thr only people I know that drink Bud Light are Mexican guys.
They won't be the first to hear about this fuckup,  but once they do that will be another customer base lost.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#19]
People will forget all about this.

Football anyone?

Screw Bud.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anheuser-Busch Loses More than $6 Billion in Market Value Following Transgender Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light Deal
View Quote

To cater to a microcosm of the population...FUCK AB and who they're catering to...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#21]
All I know is that I was at the gun club for a hunter safety field day in northern MN, and when I told the guys I was heading in to town to stock the fridge so the instructors would have something after the class everyone at once said "not Bud" or something to that effect.  

"Normal" guys are pissed.  Bud and Bud light used to be the standard in the clubhouse.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Went to a bar last night for 10 cent wings. Place had a line out the door on a Wednesday it was so busy. I didn't see very many bud lights on the high tops and the bar.

So that's something.

It also was the place from this thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Dispute-Outside-Bar-In-New-Hampshire-Leads-To-One-Punch-Then-Murder-Poll-added-/5-2620117/?page=1

View Quote

10 cent wings? That deserves its own thread
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Fingers crossed this is the get woke, go broke marketing catastrophe that gives pause to any corporate marketing idiot foolish enough to follow suite.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

NFL is worth more, had a record setting viewership last year...and is doing better overall than they were before Kap. It's unfortunate but true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not seeing that.  NFL has never fully recovered and are not at the viewership they would be by now.  Everyone keeps saying the NFL disgust has had no effect.  It certainly has - its just that the media and NFL chose to ignore it and downplay it.  That's fine, in the meantime, a notable portion of people are no longer sitting at their couches drinking shitty beer, but instead are doing something else.  Where basically ANYTHING else makes them a better person with a better life.

Doubt
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Lol you all will be back to drinking it while watching NFL in less than a year.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Go look at stocks...check out UA, Reebok, Adidas and Nike over the last 5 years. The only one in the green is NIKE.

View Quote

Gillette – 2022 value – approx. 6.9 billion, 2020 value approx. 8.4 billion
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
People will forget all about this.

Football anyone?

Screw Bud.
View Quote

Once the price drops it will be.... Muh cheap beeeer...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nike is woker than woke and while their value is up over the last five years, it’s come down pretty hard since the pandemic.

That decline probably has very little to do with their leftist bent though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Maybe. This has to be the easiest boycott ever. There is a plethora of alternatives. If people can't do this, then they can't successfully boycott anything.
View Quote

Exactly.

But...  people on the right are the worst at "voting with their wallets", sticking to principles, etc.

"But, muh football!"
"But muh Nascar!"
"But muh entertainment!"
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Holy shit!
A shorter list would be the brands they DON’T own.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#31]
All industries will become organs of the state and not have to show a profit.  That is where we are headed, for power, control and maintaining that control are paramount above all else.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Dylan is probably sleeping great with that weird-ass grin and probably wants to charge more now that he’s famous.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Holy shit!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Holy shit!

I will say, it's been decades since I've had one product from that list.  Paying for sweetened water, especially when there is a huge markup due to the brand name, is just not very smart - goes against my nature.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It would be nice if people on the right had the principles and conviction to do this with all leftist allied businesses/industries.
View Quote

If they did they'd be living in a shack staring at a wall with a mountain of goya beans.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yup. I was coming here to say something along these lines. I think her doubling down and insulting the majority of their customers is what made the backlash much worse. I haven’t drank BL since my 20’s and rarely ever drink now days but I won’t purchase an A-B product for the rest of my life.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Bud Light hasn’t tweeted since this fiasco started. They are hoping it will just blow over and it will be business as usual again soon.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is exactly correct.  People have short attention spans. They'll boycott for a week or two, pat themselves on the back, and then order a Bud Light while saying "we showed them!"

For a boycott to really work, it needs to be sustained for upwards of a year  

AB knows this . . . their short-term, paper-only loss was likely figured in from the beginning.  Hell, execs were probably selling short . . . and are now buying back
View Quote
Do you think the tranny ads will go away as long as the horse faced retard insing is in charge of their marketing? One and done?

Naw, that bitch is going to push it, nobody will forget. They might not care and that can't be helped, but forgetting ain't gonna happen because they will continue the push.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I kinda get why that SJW woman started the campaign with Bud Light... and it is terribly misguided, IMO. It seems to me like she just went WAAAAY too far with it... and it seems to me that the decision lacked any real market research. Specifically whether or not the campaign was likely to gain more customers than it would lose.

As far as Nike hiring that dude to be a representative, I find it even more baffling. Not only for the same reasons as above, though the sportswear client base is probably more spread across the sociopolitical spectrum, but because Mulvany is not only not a woman, he is not an athlete in any way. So they have a dude representing women's athletic wear? They're trying to make 2+2=potatoes with that decision. I suspect, though, that Nike will suffer a smaller backlash than Bud Light will.

Also note that Bud Light is part of Anheuser-Busch, a huge company with lots of brands, so even if Bud Light never sold another can of beer, it might not affect the company enough to cause it to completely fail. Though I suspect that the Budweiser brand is probably their largest unit, so it would definitely hurt them.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Doubt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubt

Same - I know plenty of people who have walked away.  I also know NFL  and woke media are heavily motivated to massage the numbers to indicate growth.

Doubt
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not sure why this one hits home so much. I think it's because Bud was seen as "safe" more so than anything else.

I can tell you that the few times I've been to the store this past week, gas station or grocery store, Bud Light is stocked to the gills and Yuengling is basically out.
View Quote

If Dick Yuengling is smart he will start a major ad campaign based on family and patriotism.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just a small hiccup

View Quote

Is this proof that hedge fund managers and banks are behind woke ism?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#43]

That made me laugh!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#44]
First thing I thought of when this controversy broke was that Paige the bartender was right about bud light.

https://www.tiktok.com/@paigelydick0/video/7137191622223318318

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not really.  They own a huge number of labels, and most people have no idea.  As you have demonstrated so well.  There are many bars where everything they serve is owned by the same company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a small hiccup

Maybe. This has to be the easiest boycott ever. There is a plethora of alternatives. If people can't do this, then they can't successfully boycott anything.

Not really.  They own a huge number of labels, and most people have no idea.  As you have demonstrated so well.  There are many bars where everything they serve is owned by the same company.

Not really. Most bars that sell Bud Light probably do sell a Goose Island IPA or Karbach Hopadillo, but they also sell Coors Lite or Yuengling Flight. Which is a Bud Light drinker more likely to drink?
Of course, getting the Elysian Space Dust drinker to realize that's InBev owned and finding him an alternative might be harder, but Bud Light is  likely bigger than all their other stuff combined.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Holy shit!
A shorter list would be the brands they DON'T own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Holy shit!
A shorter list would be the brands they DON'T own.
I like visuals (don't drink those on left but many are not found routinely in the US)

More likely brands you'll run into:

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#47]
The left doesn't understand the ultimate outcome of identity politics...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If Dick Yuengling is smart he will start a major ad campaign based on family and patriotism.
View Quote

He doesn't need to.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#50]
AB InBev has a hundred brands, and no this dust up is not going to slay the giant.

However I am impressed that this revolt has at least jabbed the giant’s eye.  I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to their meetings and see their emails floating around.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top