Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 47
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
In other news, I heard a commercial for Busch Light for the first time in my life on the radio today.  lol.  I hope folks don't fall for that and give AB their money any anyway.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
They are doing some sort of fund-raising silent auction at my work and one of the items out for bid is a BL gift basket with a bunch of the AB brands. I can't see the amount of bids on it but one of our executives put down $50. I assume he just did it to try and spur interest.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are doing some sort of fund-raising silent auction at my work and one of the items out for bid is a BL gift basket with a bunch of the AB brands. I can't see the amount of bids on it but one of our executives put down $50. I assume he just did it to try and spur interest.
View Quote

@Pajamacannon

Make sure to let us know if he wins it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They have already lost floor space at my Costco.  Costco will not fuck around with low performers.  My guess is Bud Light will go down and AB will try to hold floor space with Mich Ultra--at least that is what it looked like to me.  BL did not have a space in the rack like usual. There was one unit out on the floor near the BBq pits.  But they had tons of competition.  Yuengling came in heavy on MO and they have space in Costco.  More than BL
View Quote

Good.

I wish I had the beer stamina I had in my 20’s and 30’s.  I would easily be going though a case and a half a week of Yuengling.

Now I can only handle a six pack or so a week. I have resorted to giving it away to people as gifts in an effort to convert them to the brand.  An ambassador in my own right, so to speak.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@Pajamacannon

View Quote

He probably will. Most of the staff here at least right of center.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep ‘em bleeding—bleeding like a tranny out his science pussy. I almost wish I still drank (used to drink a lot of Butt Light) just to participate. Whatever “well, actually” the naysayers throw out at you, this is a big propaganda win for us (for once). Don’t buckle now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Keep ‘em bleeding—bleeding like a tranny out his science pussy. I almost wish I still drank (used to drink a lot of Butt Light) just to participate. Whatever “well, actually” the naysayers throw out at you, this is a big propaganda win for us (for once). Don’t buckle now.
View Quote

I believe the preferred nomenclature is "rotpocket" sir.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
A walk through a big chain liquor store yesterday says that the supply of AB products grossly exceeds the demand.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm only seeing Miller products now at outdoor events. No more AB booths.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Pajamacannon

If he decides to burn it in the parkinglot or toss it in the dumpster ...

pics?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If he decides to burn it in the parkinglot or toss it in the dumpster ...

pics?
View Quote

I doubt he would do that. Our corporate level executives above him are massively woke. I think he just tossed a bid on so it didn't stay at 0.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You bring up an interesting subject - Shelf Space (and Floor Space)

Sellers really dislike using up shelf (and floor) space on product that does not sell. That space could be occupied by something that does. That’s lost revenue on their end…
View Quote

Walmart at one time looked at everything they sold as dollars per square foot of floor space the product occupied. In that respect Bud Light is screwed
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Mirroring the other thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/AB-trying-to-hire-young-women-to-promote-Butt-Light-at-bars-and-clubs/

https://www.westernjournal.com/desperate-bud-light-now-enlisting-model-agency-help-suffering-woke-brand/
Desperate Bud Light Now Enlisting Model Agency to Help the Suffering Woke Brand

By Johnathan Jones  June 6, 2023 at 2:52pm

Executives at Bud Light have grown so desperate to sell beer in Utah that they recently hired a modeling agency to ask women to go around pitching the brand at bars in Salt Lake City.

That is at least according to a flyer that was posted on Twitter by independent journalist Andy Ngo on Monday.

Bud Light is in the third month of a nationwide boycott of the brand after it validated transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney’s claims of womanhood.

Sales are down and times are tough for America’s most popular light beer.

The brand’s parent company AB InBev has also lost billions of dollars in market value over the fiasco.

According to one former AB InBev executive, if the company can’t start selling beer within a couple of months, it risks its products being replaced on store shelves by brands people are actually interested in drinking.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

According to Ngo’s flyer, Bud Light enlisted the services of a modeling agency called Urban Talent Management over the weekend.

The agency, which has offices in Las Vegas, Boise, and Salt Lake City, asked women aged 21 to 30 to visit bars and to presumably present the beer as a cool item.

Women who were interested in being the brand’s ambassadors were asked to send the agency a headshot, a resume, their social media account links, and their availability.

Scoop: In an act of desperation following weeks of backlash over the Dylan Mulvaney #trans partnership, Bud Light is now using modeling agencies to find attractive, young, real women to go around different bars to promote the brand with free swag. https://t.co/ECM3e4GyZ6 pic.twitter.com/ZYQDkJ0PP3

— Andy Ngô ?????? (@MrAndyNgo) June 5, 2023

The flyer was clear that applicants needed to be “female.”

For $32.50 an hour, these models were told they would be “representing Bud Light and visiting multiple bars” on June 3 to distribute “swag.”

The flyer said each lady hired would visit three bars in the city.

It isn’t clear if these ladies were successful at reviving the dying brand in Salt Lake City. That is a brand that up until two months ago was doing just fine.

But Bud Light entered the culture war and became a “woke” belligerent on the wrong side of it. Now, the company has reportedly resorted to targeted ad campaigns and it is looking for spokeswomen with two X chromosomes.

Perhaps Bud Light should have employed this strategy prior to tanking its reputation with its formerly loyal customer base.

The company’s target demographic loved the Budweiser Girls back when they were still girls.
View Quote

Hey, HRC, larry rat-fink, ESG crew, and everyone on the left:

You gonna stand for ths?

They have to be down-graded and punished for not being "for justice."

Filthy borgies, look at them, trying to use their patriarchal privelige! Using the male gaze!

Saying trans women aren't women!

GET 'EM!

If you don't, people will just take the ESG funds and not do the ESG!

How can AB get away with it's people doing this!

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I am offended that they are now engaging in human trafficking.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Walmart at one time looked at everything they sold as dollars per square foot of floor space the product occupied. In that respect Bud Light is screwed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You bring up an interesting subject - Shelf Space (and Floor Space)

Sellers really dislike using up shelf (and floor) space on product that does not sell. That space could be occupied by something that does. That’s lost revenue on their end…

That’s exactly who came to mind first.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am offended that they are now engaging in human trafficking.
View Quote

Those evil cis-het-patriarchy types, they should be forced to hire transwomen to promote the brand in those bars!

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#17]
They're reinforcing the heterocage. REINFORCING.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They're reinforcing the heterocage. REINFORCING.
View Quote

Man, this is vile, they need an ESG and CEI downgrade for letting their people do this!

ETA:

Quick, someone sic Anita Sarkeesian on them!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/bud-light-experienced-another-week-sales-decline-dropping-24-percent-year-ago

Markets Published June 6, 2023 8:23pm EDT
Bud Light experienced another week of sales decline, dropping 24% from year ago
Bud Light-Mulvaney backlash dates to early April
By Aislinn Murphy FOXBusiness

Bud Light, continuing to face backlash from consumers, saw another seven-day period of declining U.S. sales in the last full week of May.

For the week ending May 27, NielsenIQ data that Bump Williams Consulting provided to FOX Business showed that Bud Light posted a 23.9% decrease in sales on a dollar basis compared to a year ago. The Anheuser-Busch-owned brand’s sales have fallen 24.5% in the past four weeks ending with that one, according to the data.

FOX Business reached out to Anheuser-Busch for comment.

Bud Light and parent Anheuser-Busch have been dealing with backlash since early April, when the company created custom cans for transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney. Some beer drinkers have said they would boycott the brand.

However, in comparison to the week before that, the week ending May 27 marked a smaller decrease for Bud Light. Sales of the brand saw a decline of 25.7% in the week ending May 20 from a year ago, according to the NielsenIQ and Bump Williams Consulting data. 

Bump Williams, CEO of Bump Williams Consulting, told FOX Business on Tuesday that week-to-week softening was due to a "combination of things."

"I think a lot of Anheuser-Busch distributors have been working exceptionally hard to communicate to their local communities that it wasn’t their fault," he said. "And once they clearly stated that this was not on them, I think their strong relationships in retail and with the local communities began to resonate."

Another thing that factored into the Bud Light sales going from a 25.6% decline to a 23.9% decline between the weeks ending May 20 and May 27 was that retailers "continued to merchandise" Anheuser-Busch’s portfolio, according to Williams.

"I think the strength of the AB distributors and obviously the AB national retail team that calls on chains, they kept those displays up there," he said, noting the brand was also going up against "some really strong comps" from 2022 for the week of Memorial Day.

He also credited the discount that Bud Light did for purchases for Memorial Day, a move he said "went a long way in driving some consumer purchases."

Bud Light’s Memorial Day rebate made it so that customers in eligible states could "get up to $15 back" when they bought certain Bud Light or Budweiser products. It ran from May 17 to May 31, according to the brand’s website.

"This price incentive, this coupon, one, it got displays up there and, two, maybe it attracted the consumer back to the portfolio because they’re struggling with the economy being tough," Williams told FOX Business.

That doesn’t, however, mean Bud Light’s problem "is over," Williams said, noting it was "just an improvement from where it was the previous week."

If Bud Light continues to post 20% sales declines in the weeks leading up to July 4, some retailers "are going to be forced to start making shelf space reallocations" to other brands, according to Williams.

Per the NielsenIQ data from Bump Williams Consulting, the sales for the beers Miller Lite, Coors Light and Yuengling Traditional Lager grew on a dollar basis in the week ending May 27.

Miller Lite and Coors Light belong to Chicago-based Molson Coors.

For Yuengling Traditional Lager, sales rose 31.3% in the four weeks ending May 27, the data showed. Miller Lite and Coors Light sales climbed 21.3% and 23.5%, respectively, in that period.

In its subsegment, Bud Light’s market share in terms of sales dollars came in at 35.4% for the 21 weeks ending May 27, according to the provided NielsenIQ data.

It’s "highly unlikely" Bud Light will stop being the best-selling beer in the U.S., but it's not impossible, Williams told FOX Business. He noted that Modelo Especial "has surpassed Bud Light as the No. 1-selling brand in the country" for the past four individual weeks.

Other types of alcoholic beverages may be helped by Bud Light having lost customers in recent weeks.

Boston Beer Company’s Truly and other hard seltzers will see a boost in the summer due to Bud Light’s loss of market share, a senior analyst at Roth MKM wrote last week in a note. He said the "substitutability between Bud Light and seltzers should increase" along with the summer’s warmer temperatures.

As of Tuesday evening, the stock price of Anheuser-Busch InBev has dropped about 15% compared to where it was a month ago.
View Quote

For the week ending May 27, NielsenIQ data that Bump Williams Consulting provided to FOX Business showed that Bud Light posted a 23.9% decrease in sales on a dollar basis compared to a year ago. The Anheuser-Busch-owned brand’s sales have fallen 24.5% in the past four weeks ending with that one, according to the data.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/bud-light-experienced-another-week-sales-decline-dropping-24-percent-year-ago

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Markets Published June 6, 2023 8:23pm EDT
Bud Light experienced another week of sales decline, dropping 24% from year ago
Bud Light-Mulvaney backlash dates to early April
By Aislinn Murphy FOXBusiness

Bud Light, continuing to face backlash from consumers, saw another seven-day period of declining U.S. sales in the last full week of May.

FOX Business reached out to Anheuser-Busch for comment.

Bud Light and parent Anheuser-Busch have been dealing with backlash since early April, when the company created custom cans for transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney. Some beer drinkers have said they would boycott the brand.

However, in comparison to the week before that, the week ending May 27 marked a smaller decrease for Bud Light. Sales of the brand saw a decline of 25.7% in the week ending May 20 from a year ago, according to the NielsenIQ and Bump Williams Consulting data. 

Bump Williams, CEO of Bump Williams Consulting, told FOX Business on Tuesday that week-to-week softening was due to a "combination of things."

"I think a lot of Anheuser-Busch distributors have been working exceptionally hard to communicate to their local communities that it wasn’t their fault," he said. "And once they clearly stated that this was not on them, I think their strong relationships in retail and with the local communities began to resonate."

Another thing that factored into the Bud Light sales going from a 25.6% decline to a 23.9% decline between the weeks ending May 20 and May 27 was that retailers "continued to merchandise" Anheuser-Busch’s portfolio, according to Williams.

"I think the strength of the AB distributors and obviously the AB national retail team that calls on chains, they kept those displays up there," he said, noting the brand was also going up against "some really strong comps" from 2022 for the week of Memorial Day.

He also credited the discount that Bud Light did for purchases for Memorial Day, a move he said "went a long way in driving some consumer purchases."

Bud Light’s Memorial Day rebate made it so that customers in eligible states could "get up to $15 back" when they bought certain Bud Light or Budweiser products. It ran from May 17 to May 31, according to the brand’s website.

"This price incentive, this coupon, one, it got displays up there and, two, maybe it attracted the consumer back to the portfolio because they’re struggling with the economy being tough," Williams told FOX Business.

That doesn’t, however, mean Bud Light’s problem "is over," Williams said, noting it was "just an improvement from where it was the previous week."

If Bud Light continues to post 20% sales declines in the weeks leading up to July 4, some retailers "are going to be forced to start making shelf space reallocations" to other brands, according to Williams.

Per the NielsenIQ data from Bump Williams Consulting, the sales for the beers Miller Lite, Coors Light and Yuengling Traditional Lager grew on a dollar basis in the week ending May 27.

Miller Lite and Coors Light belong to Chicago-based Molson Coors.

For Yuengling Traditional Lager, sales rose 31.3% in the four weeks ending May 27, the data showed. Miller Lite and Coors Light sales climbed 21.3% and 23.5%, respectively, in that period.

In its subsegment, Bud Light’s market share in terms of sales dollars came in at 35.4% for the 21 weeks ending May 27, according to the provided NielsenIQ data.

It’s "highly unlikely" Bud Light will stop being the best-selling beer in the U.S., but it's not impossible, Williams told FOX Business. He noted that Modelo Especial "has surpassed Bud Light as the No. 1-selling brand in the country" for the past four individual weeks.

Other types of alcoholic beverages may be helped by Bud Light having lost customers in recent weeks.

Boston Beer Company’s Truly and other hard seltzers will see a boost in the summer due to Bud Light’s loss of market share, a senior analyst at Roth MKM wrote last week in a note. He said the "substitutability between Bud Light and seltzers should increase" along with the summer’s warmer temperatures.

As of Tuesday evening, the stock price of Anheuser-Busch InBev has dropped about 15% compared to where it was a month ago.

I like how they use dollar sales instead of unit sales. Like lipstick on a pig “it’s not that bad”
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Not only affecting Bud. Igloo coolers has Bud coolers that they dropped the price on

Igloo Bud coolers
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not only affecting Bud. Igloo coolers has Bud coolers that they dropped the price on

Igloo Bud coolers
View Quote

They'll have to drop the price a lot more than that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Igloo Bud coolers

And you know licensing that logo wasn't cheap
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#24]
AB needs to stay on the tranny trail.  The problem with Mulvaney is that she was too feminine looking in a warped malevolent AI looking way.  They need to try more masculine trannys.  More beards!  More chest hair!  Bigger penises!  

That will fix it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#26]

They simply can’t help themselves.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

God damn right! Amazingly, it's one of the rare times where it actually looks to be "Happening"!
View Quote

This has to be the strongest stand made by the right in many years
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Love how they spun a 24% drop as a positive since it didn't drop farther than the previous week.  They've lost a quarter of their in-store sales and probably 80% of bar sales and they are not returning.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is what ESG is meant to do.

Slap your customers around and ignore them, because you have a big fat credit line you can use to replace them with.

Hat-tip CDW4ME, Good find.

Well ... on topic, I don't know about good.
https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/bud-light-sponsors-all-ages-drag-queen-party/
Bud Light Sponsors All-Ages Drag Queen Party
Ben Wilson
June 7, 2023

Bud Light will support an all-ages drag show this month in Arizona despite the conservative boycott of the brand over its sponsorship of a transgender influencer.

The June 17 event will take place in Flagstaff and lists Bud Light as a sponsor. The event, which features several drag performers, is open to "all ages" but requires a guardian for those under 16 years old.

The event's organizers said their mission is to "support, unite, and strengthen our LGBTQIA2S+ community,"

Bud Light's support for drag performances for all ages comes after months of turmoil following a partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

The partnership was first made public on April 1 when Mulvaney revealed it on social media, showing a Bud Light can featuring the influencer's face. Mulvaney also posted a video drinking Bud Light in a bathtub.

Conservatives boycotted the company after the partnership, and it faced an 18 percent fall in its stock price over two months.

Anheuser-Busch, Bud Light's parent company, in April placed Bud Light's marketing vice president Alissa Heinerscheid on leave over the boycott. Heinerscheid received scrutiny amid the backlash after it was revealed that days before the collaboration with Mulvaney became public, she said on a podcast that she wanted to make Bud Light less "fratty" and "out of touch" and instead attempt to "attract young drinkers" with "inclusivity."

Bud Light and other Anheuser-Busch brands have run several ads trying to win back their conservative base, and the company pledged to spend extra on marketing this summer.

Republican senator Ted Cruz (Texas) launched a probe into the company last month over whether the company targeted an underage audience through its Mulvaney partnership.

Bud Light will support an all-ages drag show this month in Arizona despite the conservative boycott of the brand over its sponsorship of a transgender influencer.

The June 17 event will take place in Flagstaff and lists Bud Light as a sponsor. The event, which features several drag performers, is open to "all ages" but requires a guardian for those under 16 years old.

The event's organizers said their mission is to "support, unite, and strengthen our LGBTQIA2S+ community,"

https://archive.is/yQ8y7

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Pride before a fall...
https://archive.is/yyuIe
Bud Light Dethroned as Top-Selling Beer Brand in U.S. After Boycott
By Gerrard Kaonga On 6/7/23 at 7:20 AM EDT

Modelo Especial is now "the number one" beer in America, its U.S. distributor has said, after sales data showed it outsold longtime industry leader Bud Light in recent weeks.

Modelo Especial store sales topped $333 million in the four weeks ending May 28, a 15.6 percent rise on the same period last year, compared with Bud Light's $297 million, a 22.8 percent fall, according to Circana/IRI data figures obtained by Newsweek via Constellation Brands, the Mexican beer's U.S. distributor.

Separate NielsenIQ sales data obtained by Newsweek via industry consultancy firm Bumps Williams Consulting showed Modelo Especial's sales were about $341.9 million in the week ending May 27, compared with Bud Light sales of about $298.6 million.
Bill Newlands, the chief executive officer of Constellation, said the four-week jump had happened "quicker than we had anticipated."

"We thought that would take a little longer," he added. "We've been very fortunate that, that's gone a little quicker than we had anticipated. But what a great position to be in on the beer side."
Anheuser-Busch, the makers of Bud Light, have been approached for comment.

Longer-term trends show Bud Light remains the top-selling beer brand in America this year so far, according to NielsenIQ.

Its data showed Bud Light sales value represented 9.1 percent of the total market in 2023, compared to Modelo Especial's 8 percent—representing a gap of several hundred million dollars.
AB Inbev, the brewer's parent company, has owned the bulk of Modelo Especial's makers, Grupo Modelo, since 2013; however to seal that deal, U.S. regulators forced AB Inbev to sell Modelo's U.S. business to Constellation Brands in a bid to preserve competition in the American beer market.

Bud Light's sales have been down for several weeks amid conservatives calling for a boycott of the brand for collaborating with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, who posted an Instagram video on April 1 and said Bud Light had sent her a can with her face on it.
The latest industry figures, obtained by Newsweek via Bumps Williams Consulting, showed Bud Light suffered a 23.9 percent drop in sales value and a 27.8 percent tumble in volume year-on-year in the week ending May 27. That decline was overall much less steep than the one reported by the company in the previous week, when, according to BWC, it lost 25.7 percent in sales and 29.5 percent in volume.

Former Anheuser-Busch executive Anson Frericks last month suggested that the weekly release of Bud Light sales data by trade publications was encouraging those calling for a boycott of the beer.
In an op-ed for Fox News, Frericks said boycotters were "witnessing their success in real time," and that his former employer "cannot force the media storm to die down by starving it of data."

In response to the latest four-week figures, Constellation's vice president, Maggie Bowman, told Newsweek via email on Tuesday that Modelo had "consistent and accelerated growth" since her company acquired the rights in 2013.
She said Modelo Especial was the second-fastest growing beer brand in 2022, citing Circana/IRI data, praising "runway for growth" thanks in part to increased distribution.
View Quote

Modelo Especial is now "the number one" beer in America, its U.S. distributor has said, after sales data showed it outsold longtime industry leader Bud Light in recent weeks.

Modelo Especial store sales topped $333 million in the four weeks ending May 28, a 15.6 percent rise on the same period last year, compared with Bud Light's $297 million, a 22.8 percent fall, according to Circana/IRI data figures obtained by Newsweek via Constellation Brands, the Mexican beer's U.S. distributor.

Separate NielsenIQ sales data obtained by Newsweek via industry consultancy firm Bumps Williams Consulting showed Modelo Especial's sales were about $341.9 million in the week ending May 27, compared with Bud Light sales of about $298.6 million.
Bill Newlands, the chief executive officer of Constellation, said the four-week jump had happened "quicker than we had anticipated."
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#31]
I can’t see this as anything else but an intentional corporate scuttle in order to diminish company profits for (?) reasons under the guise of altruism. What they’re doing is toxic on many levels and destructive. If it isn’t considered a criminal act, it should be.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Now the organizers of said all-ages drag show are saying ...
https://archive.is/pELPe
Flagstaff Pride
2d ·
We put out an incorrect promotional poster which included Bud Light as a sponsor. Attached is the correct poster.

As for AB:
https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/08/bud-light-drag-queen-event/
“Bud Light is not a sponsor of this event. The event organizers have issued a corrected version of the poster,” an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson told the DCNF, only addressing whether Bud Light was currently sponsoring the event.

The communications of AB for the last few days are suddenly a VERY interesting topic.

I mean, if they pulled sponsorship, shouldn't they lose more CEI and ESG points? If they didn't, how can they not lose CEI and ESG points if they let this stand? This is a GREAT chance for them to show they really deserve the "screw your customers" credit line funding.

Of course, nobody expects them to fight the protection scheme. After all, them coming out, saying they were wrong to do DEI and pursue the ESG via CEI ratings, that they were wrong in their hiring practices, firing the political inquisitors in their midst, and produce any (and all) goods on how they were pressured into doing what was wrong ... and financially stupid ... by these global thug-funds  ... them coming out of the closet and doing that ... it has a real chance of earning their customers back, and better, they'd have the bullies by the short hairs and be able to dish some justice out to them for their behavior.

Besides being the morally right thing to do, but who cares about that ...

They'd never do that. Nope.

Just shut up and pay the goods out to keep your store on this block open. Hide in your closet and pay people to burn your shop down with you in it. After all, you don't have to do anything that way.

ETA: LOL, OOPSIE!

Hey, look who's still on flagstaff pride's sponsor page!

https://archive.is/w464w  <---8th

https://archive.is/hwUoK  <--9th

Oh hey, BUD LIGHT!

So ... off the flyer for the event. But STILL listed as a sponsor!

ROFL.

HURRY UP AB, get your errand boys on down there to force them to pull your sponsorship logo!

ETA2:

And BL is listed as being a sponsor for them in 2012. Also 2013. They ought to have that places contact info down pat...
https://archive.is/hkTEV
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Igloo Bud coolers
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#34]
https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/07/beer-distributors-bud-light-boycott-permanent-surveys/

Some Beer Distributors Believe Bud Light Boycott Could Be Permanent, Surveys Say

James Lynch Reporter June 07, 2023 7:24 PM ET

A significant portion of beer distributors believe the ongoing consumer boycott against Bud Light could permanently damage the brand, two new surveys found.

A survey by investment firm Jefferies Group found that 65% of beer distributors expect the Bud Light boycott to continue for six more months and another 32% think it could be permanent, according to Brewbound, a beer industry publication.

A separate distributor survey by Goldman Sachs showed most respondents do not believe Bud Light will make a “full recovery” in its “brand equity and market share,” Brewbound reported. Goldman’s survey was taken with 57 distributors who serve 200,000 retail outlets.

The distributors who say Bud Light will make a turnaround believe it will take three to five years to rebuild the brand. Almost two-thirds of beer distributors said Anheuser-Busch sales volumes were down on Memorial Day and 62% said inventories are significantly higher in Goldman’s survey.

Conservatives began boycotting Bud Light at the start of April after the iconic brand entered an advertising partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney. The social media star posted multiple videos on April 1 promoting Bud Light and received customized beer cans to celebrate “365 days of girlhood” with fans.

In response to the videos, conservatives accused Bud Light of betraying its customer base by promoting transgender ideology. Mulvaney is a biological male who identifies as a transgender woman and previously promoted transgender procedures for minors in an October 2022 interview with President Joe Biden.

The boycott gained further steam because of an unearthed video showing Bud Light marketing executive Alissa Heinerscheid trashing the brand’s “fratty” and “out of touch” image. Heinerscheid and another marketing executive were later placed on leave because of the Mulvaney partnership.

Anheuser-Busch CEO Michel Doukeris downplayed the Mulvaney advertisements in a May 4 earnings call with investors. “We need to clarify the facts that this was one camp, one influencer, one post and not a campaign,” he said.

Anheuser-Busch stock has dropped by roughly 20% and Bud Light’s sales have dropped for six straight week since the boycott began, per the New York Post. Bud Light sales plunged 25.7% in the week ending May 20 and its total number of beers sold went down 29.5% compared to last year, according to Newsweek.
View Quote

A survey by investment firm Jefferies Group found that 65% of beer distributors expect the Bud Light boycott to continue for six more months and another 32% think it could be permanent, according to Brewbound, a beer industry publication.

A separate distributor survey by Goldman Sachs showed most respondents do not believe Bud Light will make a “full recovery” in its “brand equity and market share,” Brewbound reported. Goldman’s survey was taken with 57 distributors who serve 200,000 retail outlets.

The distributors who say Bud Light will make a turnaround believe it will take three to five years to rebuild the brand. Almost two-thirds of beer distributors said Anheuser-Busch sales volumes were down on Memorial Day and 62% said inventories are significantly higher in Goldman’s survey.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Distributors have an idea what is going on and management is out of touch. The class action lawsuits will be huge and win big. This is incompetence at the highest level.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Distributors have an idea what is going on and management is out of touch. The class action lawsuits will be huge and win big. This is incompetence at the highest level.
View Quote

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's not incompetence.

It's a squeezeplay on AB (which does not make them good actors or competent).

Need the credit for that huge delivery you have to have?

Ok, here, behave how we want you to, or you won't get it.

No really, we are that big, we can bully you into this.

Yes we know increasing your ratings with the HRC and going to full DEI will piss off your employees and customers, we don't care.

To quote rat fink again:

You have to force behaviors.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Social change double tap.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

On what grounds can they sue them?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect people are thinking about breach of fiduciary duties or something like that.

IE they knew this would happen when they did this, or any reasonable person in the same situation would have.

That sort of a thing.

Or who knows. You know the laywers are salivating at the thought of it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I suspect people are thinking about breach of fiduciary duties or something like that.

IE they knew this would happen when they did this, or any reasonable person in the same situation would have.

That sort of a thing.

View Quote

Now why does this come to mind?
It was a bad call, Ripley. It was a baaad call..
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#42]
https://nypost.com/2023/06/13/bud-light-sales-sink-24-4-as-modelo-continues-to-gain-share/
Sales of Bud Light dropped 24.4% in the week ended June 3   slightly worse than the 23.9% decline over the previous week which had included steep discounting over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting and NielsenIQ.
-----
https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/collapse-just-wont-stop-10-weeks-later-tranheuser-busch-sales-still-cratering-down-27
According to Citi Analyst Simon Hales, the latest weekly US Nielsen data through to 3rd Jun shows that Bud Light volume declines accelerated last week to -29.9% vs -26.1% in the week ending 27th May, and sales worsened to -27.0% from -23.3%.

On a relative share basis, volume share was down -342bps vs -316bps in the previous week and value share was down -280bps vs -263bps implying an acceleration in share losses vs recent weeks.

Moreover, there continues to be contagion to the wider ABInBev brand portfolio, with Budweiser, Busch and Michelob all weaker again. According to Citi, Busch volumes are down by -13.8% vs -12.2% and Stella Artois volumes down -9.9% vs -10.1%

Meanwhile, Coors Light saw its recent market share gains accelerate over the last two weeks.

The latest data shows little sign that consumers are moving on from the Bud Light controversy and Citi concludes that "aAs such, we expect the Bud Light controversy is likely to continue to dominate news flow and weigh on short-term investor sentiment."
-----------------------
And BL is STILL listed as a sponsor for the organization putting on the all ages drag show:
https://archive.is/lCELB
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
AB needs to stay on the tranny trail.  The problem with Mulvaney is that she was too feminine looking in a warped malevolent AI looking way.  They need to try more masculine trannys.  More beards!  More chest hair!  Bigger penises!  

That will fix it.
View Quote

She?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That sort of a thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sort of a thing.

That would be fun, I'd love to see what they could get out of emails in discovery.

Though several people are seriously overplaying the ESG + DEI / lending thought exercise. There are lots of regional or larger banks that don't give a flying fuck about ESG. Not playing the ESG game does not lock a corporation out of access to banking and lending.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#45]
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bud-light-demand-plummeted-completely-dylan-mulvaney-controversy-bartending-company-founder

Media Published June 11, 2023 8:45am EDT
Bud Light demand has 'plummeted completely' since Dylan Mulvaney controversy: Bartending company founder

Catarina Tucker, founder of Barnastics Mobile Bartending, said consumers no longer want to support Bud Light
By Kelsey Koberg | Fox News

Demand for Bud Light has "plummeted" since the brand became embroiled in controversy over a promo with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, according to the founder of a mobile bartending company. 

"There has been a ‘significant shift’ in consumer preferences," Catarina Tucker, the founder of Barnastics, told Fox News Digital. "Bud Light, once a popular option, is no longer capturing the attention or enthusiasm of event organizers and attendees."

Since the promo was first released in April, the brand has faced harsh backlash from consumers, some stores have been forced to give away the beer for free, and Bud Light has bought back expired beers from wholesalers, according to the Wall Street Journal. 

Tucker said the liquor stores she works with have yet to sell Bud Light at a discount, but she has seen the backlash in real time. 

Barnastics allows customers to build a custom proposal, which allows the company to see when demand for products shifts. 

"[Demand for Bud Light] has plummeted completely. No one wants it at their event anymore," Tucker said. "There are a couple clients that have expressed to me their feelings behind it, and it’s no longer popular." 

Tucker said consumers are becoming increasingly aware of whether the brands they support align with their values, and as a result, "are actively seeking alternatives to Bud Light, gravitating towards craft beers, specialty cocktails, and premium spirits."

Tucker said she does not foresee popularity of the beer picking up any time soon.  

"With the feedback that I’ve gotten and how strongly a lot of clients feel about it, it [the company] doesn’t switch gears, I don’t see the popularity picking back up," she said.

"Sometimes things blow over" she added, but recognized that Bud Light’s actions "hold a lot of weight" with their consumers.

But, Tucker said she has not seen the same plummeting demand for Budweiser, or other Anheuser-Busch products. "Anything Bud Light, they just won’t support," she added. 

FOX Business has reported on tumbling Bud Light sales for weeks, revealing on Tuesday that the company posted a 23.9% decrease in sales on a dollar basis compared to a year ago, according to NielsenIQ data provided by Bump Williams Consulting. The Anheuser-Busch-owned brand’s sales have also fallen 24.5% in the past four weeks, according to the data.

Fox News' Jeffrey Clark contributed to this report.
View Quote

"[Demand for Bud Light] has plummeted completely. No one wants it at their event anymore," Tucker said. "There are a couple clients that have expressed to me their feelings behind it, and it’s no longer popular." 

Tucker said consumers are becoming increasingly aware of whether the brands they support align with their values, and as a result, "are actively seeking alternatives to Bud Light, gravitating towards craft beers, specialty cocktails, and premium spirits."

Tucker said she does not foresee popularity of the beer picking up any time soon.  

"With the feedback that I’ve gotten and how strongly a lot of clients feel about it, it [the company] doesn’t switch gears, I don’t see the popularity picking back up," she said.

"Sometimes things blow over" she added, but recognized that Bud Light’s actions "hold a lot of weight" with their consumers.

Yup.

But, Tucker said she has not seen the same plummeting demand for Budweiser, or other Anheuser-Busch products. "Anything Bud Light, they just won’t support," she added.

Well, that's something the customers can fix. Do to the rest of AB's stuff what they've done to BL.

There is room for more pain to be applied.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That would be fun, I'd love to see what they could get out of emails in discovery.

Though several people are seriously overplaying the ESG + DEI / lending thought exercise. There are lots of regional or larger banks that don't give a flying fuck about ESG. Not playing the ESG game does not lock a corporation out of access to banking and lending.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sort of a thing.

AB needs a true change of beliefs and heart, followed by actions that show it to be true.

While they still can.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being pushed into it by "shareholders" (CALPERS and other fund managers voting customer/taxpayer owned shares) is more credible.
It all started with CALPERS and the state treasurer about 20-30 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The distributors probably can't. But institutional investors can.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bud-light-demand-plummeted-completely-dylan-mulvaney-controversy-bartending-company-founder

Yup.

Well, that's something the customers can fix. Do to the rest of AB's stuff what they've done to BL.

There is room for more pain to be applied.

View Quote

This isn't even a boycott as much as it is a "I can't hold my nose tight enough to drink this piss water.:" Their previous drinkers are so disgusted with this they may never go back. I truly wish I could be a mouse in the corner in their boardroom meetings right now!
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This isn't even a boycott as much as it is a "I can't hold my nose tight enough to drink this piss water.:" Their previous drinkers are so disgusted with this they may never go back. I truly wish I could be a mouse in the corner in their boardroom meetings right now!
View Quote

A friend and I were discussing the whole BL fiasco and we agreed that it was an abandonment, not a boycott.

AB failed to recognize that many of their customers were only customers because of tradition to "America's beer" not because they liked the taste of Bud Light so much.

It really is one of the worst tasting light beers on the market.
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top