Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Well living on an island is better than being on the mainland when it comes to dealing with the zombies.

The biggest problem we are totally dependent upon shipping for everything.
So I have enough supplies to get us through at least 2 months, hopefully the herd will be thinned out by then.

Best option is a larger blue water sailboat, stocked with freeze dried supplies.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that.
View Quote

He has never tried to hide the fact he has 200 acres, he has mentioned it before.  I seem to recall that, after the divorce and his work place issue, the land is all he has left and is trying his damndest to hold it and pass to his kids.

Edit:  I see he has already responded and I was thinking of the right poster.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hope you're well armed. Sailboat = zero chance of escaping bad guys in speedboats. And they will be out there. Hope you have an exceedingly remote anchorage in mind.

ETA: Unless you plan to avoid proximity to any land enroute  to someplace where TSH not HTF.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pull up anchor, turn on water maker, turn AIS off, hoist sails and sit off of one of Bahamas deserted islands.  

I could literally do this in less than 30 minutes.

I'll ride out the winter in warmth.

Things I wish I had before I bug out:
FLIR camera
Electric dinghy motor
My SSB radio working
Another 50# rice
20-30 cans of food
More bug spray and sunscreen
Hope you're well armed. Sailboat = zero chance of escaping bad guys in speedboats. And they will be out there. Hope you have an exceedingly remote anchorage in mind.

ETA: Unless you plan to avoid proximity to any land enroute  to someplace where TSH not HTF.

If he waits long enough to sail there will be no fuel for those speedboats.

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in a SHTF inspired home. On acreage, few neighbors off in the distance ( likeminded people ) in a county thats low on crime and even lower on population.
Having come here from a city that was falling apart, in a state that is dem run.
Decisions are important. The idea of just grabbing gear and heading out is not only going to get you contact with the bad ones on your way out, but it will put you directly into the sights of those who were smart enough to get faraway from the nonsense.
We do not take kindly to people on our land, and we have a strong sense of community with our neighbors.
This is not even mentioning that up here the weather will kill you faster than a bad person, and very few have I met in my years are worthy of walking into the woods, and surviving for long periods of time. No matter how many Gucci ARs you own, or how much you spent on KUIU and jet boil stoves.
Mother Nature is a mean lady.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
That channel has gotten really popular lately
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone who has ever “Bugged out” during a hurricane knows this 30-50 mile idea is bullshit. Entire REGIONS of the country are on the move-roadways are gridlocked….you are not going anywhere. A spilled box of roofing nails on I-95 through SC shuts down the entire east coast.

Tactical Timmy out in the deserts of Nevada/Utah-where this video appears to be filmed (during decent weather -the early fall-) is screwed when it gets cold wearing what he has on. Who is he talking to with his tier 1comms anyway?

Rated BS.
View Quote

You somehow managed to disagree with him while saying the exact same thing he said in the video you clearly didn't watch.
Good job.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He has never tried to hide the fact he has 200 acres, he has mentioned it before.  I seem to recall that, after the divorce and his work place issue, the land is all he has left and is trying his damndest to hold it and pass to his kids.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that.

I haven’t tried to hide it. Back in 2014 the wife and I had a budget, savings we had carefully nurtured and when we had our ‘goal’ budget we started looking for suitable land. Found a few places that we almost purchased, even walked out on one place at the closing because the sellers had overestimated the acreage.

This place fell into our realtors laps, an older gentleman  owned it and when he passed away his adult children decided to sell it ASAP. There was a large commercial chicken hatchery on the property that had been shut down in 1989 (a 330’x98’ metal barn) and the family gotten a quote to tear it down and remove it from the land. They offered to deduct this cost from the asking price if we left it in place, which didn’t bother us at all. We got a 5 bedroom, 2-1/2 bath farmhouse built half in 1953, half in 1993, two garage outbuildings, the chicken pole barn, and a couple of older wooden barns way out back on the property, and just under 200 acres (actually 196.6 ). It’s all woods and mountains, like I said, with two creeks and a pond. The wife and I paid $159,000. We’d had enough left over for us to go back to school (I had the GI bill and a Pell Grant). We had six kids from 17 to 1 year old at the time and my wife was very interested in self sufficiency and prepping.

The downside was rural/farm life. We’re ten miles from our small town, 40 minutes from Ashland, an hour from Huntington. I firmly believe that country life was one of the things that fed her unhappiness and depression after our daughter was born, and it definitely played a part in her infidelity. She’s a city girl now and her new husband can’t fix a leak sink or replace a fuse or breaker. My oldest son had to change a tire for him.

My daughter, 17, lives with me full time and raises chickens and pigs, although we only have a dozen of each right now, the chickens for the eggs, mostly. We are trying our hardest to keep the farm going and as others have read in previous threads in here, I lost my RN license last year after a long expensive legal battle. I finally have a decent tech job and I’m slowly getting back bills pays and getting back on my feet. My youngest daughter turned ten yesterday, her biggest request for a birthday present was a breakfast of biscuits and squirrel gravy. My 17-year old harvested four greys and made an awesome breakfast for her. My oldest son (26) and his wife brought our first grandchild into the world on Thursday, a little boy, and I couldn’t be prouder.

But back to prepping. We’d bug in. We still have decent prep but my dry goods have taken a beating, slowing replenishing when I can. Biggest fear/hurdle is getting the kids from their moms in a SHTF scenario. Huntington is 45 miles east of me. My other son (19) lives with them most of the time and has his mom’s 2017 wrangler JKU, he knows to get his sisters and head here if things get squirrelly (no pun intended).
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ragnar Benson basically said bugging out equals refugee
https://i.imgflip.com/1pldv7.jpg

In the same vein, Mel Tappan, who dismissed bugging out as "playing Batman in the boondocks"
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Im rural and our threat every day is the meth heads in the run down trailer down the road. It’ll be the same if we’re ever in some kind of national or regional crisis.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in the country and staying put.
View Quote

This. All my urban relatives tell me they’re coming to my place if it gets bad.  I’ll protect you if you can get here is the standard response. I doubt they could get here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Too many variables for me to discredit what he’s saying.

Are we talking about gun fights on the streets, or are we saying no power? Without power half (if not more) of the country isn’t going to survive the winter even before you add other challenges. Can you imagine having to fight for water or firewood when it’s -10 outside? I have a great stock of canned foods but how do I keep them from freezing and popping?

People in cities (like myself) are screwed right at the start.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pull up anchor, turn on water maker, turn AIS off, hoist sails and sit off of one of Bahamas deserted islands.  

FLIR camera
Electric dinghy motor
My SSB radio working
Another 50# rice
20-30 cans of food
View Quote

My plan is lower Exumas, but could run further south.  Hope you know the secret handshake.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I live on Long Island. It takes forever to get past NYC on a good day. During a disaster? Forget it.

I'm not going anywhere unless it's by boat.

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
It is tough enough to live in the wilderness under the best of circumstances.  Food, shelter, fire, attending to basic needs is a lot of work.  To do that while having to worry about whatever else could happen to you in a SHTF scenario?  No thanks.  If you don't have a country place all set and ready to go, or if you don't have a tribe with a pre-arranged meeting place and infrastructure, you are almost always better off staying put.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The only thing to flee is fire, radiation or chemical agents.

View Quote

Truth.  Otherwise, you are best staying put.  The idea is to prepare ahead of time so you don't have to leave.  Chances of success long term are much worse if you "bug out".

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FLIR camera
Electric dinghy motor
My SSB radio working
Another 50# rice
20-30 cans of food

Right this second I have 2x 9mm pistols, Remmy 870, and my supressed 300 blk on the boat.  If I have time to get to my storage I have access to.... everything.

But I will be less worries in the islands remotely than ANYWHERE urban.  

Sure pirates are a problem but much less so than land I would wager.  Fewer people can get to my house than your house.  Also, the average islander is a better person than the average American.

You guys can hunt off the last of the deer.  I will have unlimited crab, lobster...and hopefully some fish.

My luxury is that I can literally go RIGHT THIS SECOND.  I'd bet the bulk of bug out larpers here would be dead after the first tank of gas.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess it depends on location. If you're in the midwest and next to farmland...things would be alot easier than say in the middle of a Big City.  I would think Bugging "In" would be more valuable than Bugging "Out" per se.  Sure one can make it through a week or so out in the woods but once the supplies wear off (Mainly food), things are going to get shaky.  It would make more sense to lock your house down and protect it with a suplus of whatever has been stored in it (i.e. Doomsday Prepping) and being able to Bug In with a Get Home Bag seems more reasonable.

Again I understand everyones situation is different.  If I'm in a big city, I am going to get out as fast and as sneaky as I can. If I'm in the country, I have more time to assess the situation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I live on Long Island. It takes forever to get past NYC on a good day. During a disaster? Forget it.

I'm not going anywhere unless it's by boat.

View Quote

Steal a plane or helicopter.
Anybody can learn to fly, just watch a few youtube videos
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The further you live away from the threats the better.

Distance from large cities will buy you time to shift to a higher readiness condition if the SHTF and make your life better in a hundred ways if it doesn't.

I only worked in a city until I was certain I had enough savings to leave. It's a risky strategy that gets more risky day-by-day with the democrats in power.

Now I live two hours from an interstate freeway, in a city with a crime rate less than half the US average, and the nearest city of +50K is Green Bay about two hours away.
View Quote

But you're still in MI.  TS doesn't have to HTF, it's already all around you. The Yoopers will get you one way or the other.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#20]
With a wife and 2 kids 5/3 bugging out is a nightmare.

As a single guy it's a dream
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lucifer's Hammer had a good scene too, when Tim Hamner (IIRC) arrives at his well stocked observatory only to find it already occupied and gets turned away at gun point. The odds of your well stocked bug out location being looted or occupied by the time you reach it is pretty high if someone doesn't reside there full time.

Me? I'm bugging in. We're in ranch county, and have a good relationship with our neighbors. Only a couple roads in and out of here and everyone has access to heavy equipment to create  obstacles.

View Quote

This ,   read the book and remember that part .    Unless you are wealthy and have your retreat equipped as well as your home in terms of tools ,  food , supplies , etc. and can afford the security to keep it untouched .   Last minute load out and moving may not go as planned and you may lose your cargo .   Then you get to your BOL and find out your hired security has helped themselves to much of your stash .
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My plan is lower Exumas, but could run further south.  Hope you know the secret handshake.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FLIR camera
Electric dinghy motor
My SSB radio working
Another 50# rice
20-30 cans of food

I vote for Thunderball as the password and Warwick Wells as the meeting point.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bottom line is, your best bet is to have some rural land, a home you can defend on that rural land, some ability to farm, a bunch of food stored up, some gold and silver stored, plenty of guns and ammo, and a bunch of like minded friends. But, no one gets out of this world alive and there are no guarantees.
View Quote

This describes less than 1 percent of Americans.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#24]
All you guys staying put are gonna be sorry when this boog kicks off as we all get forcibly moved to FEMA camps.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#25]
While rural, I'm not in the middle of nowhere and I'm sure I'd have to golf clap a few tactical Ted's off my property before it's all said and Done
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#26]
The only thing I want if the shit really does hit the fan is to die well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This; You need a community small enough to raise enough food to be self-sufficient, but large enough to hold off a large refugee / marauder band.  Your family homestead with a few extended families, and 10-20 fighting age adults will get overrun by a small refugee band of 500 people.

Realistically, you would need a community of around 2,000 people to have a fighting chance once the population of the cities take to the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any location, even remote, rural ones, would be perilous in a true TEOTWAWKI situation.  You'd be mistaken if you think a rural farm would be safe, as people, from single persons to roaming hoards, will be like locusts searching for food and supplies.  Probably the best situation would be a rural town where there are enough people for mutual defense, but not too many to exhaust the food from de-industrialized farming.

The hollers in rural KY, WV, TN, etc. would probably do alright, once the meth/fentanyl ran out.

This; You need a community small enough to raise enough food to be self-sufficient, but large enough to hold off a large refugee / marauder band.  Your family homestead with a few extended families, and 10-20 fighting age adults will get overrun by a small refugee band of 500 people.

Realistically, you would need a community of around 2,000 people to have a fighting chance once the population of the cities take to the road.

The majority of people in cities won't make it very far.
James Burke BBC Connections - Technology Traps Scene
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your house in the country is isolated with few, sparse or no neighbors and is full of supplies.  You eventually have to sleep.

When there’s no longer food in the suburbs and the cities, they’re coming in large numbers to your farming or rural community to hunt your live stock or deer and other wildlife on your property.  Then, they’ll take your shit.  If you’re lucky, they’ll let you live.

People don’t think desperation and survival be like it is, but it do.

No one is safe in a SHTF situation.  No one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bug out? To where?  I'm on land, secure building, defendable, and everything I need is here.
If suburban or cities dwellers think they are coming here to hide in the mountains, they thought wrong.

Your house in the country is isolated with few, sparse or no neighbors and is full of supplies.  You eventually have to sleep.

When there’s no longer food in the suburbs and the cities, they’re coming in large numbers to your farming or rural community to hunt your live stock or deer and other wildlife on your property.  Then, they’ll take your shit.  If you’re lucky, they’ll let you live.

How do you think those people are going to GET there when the highways are packed with dead cars?  You think they're going to WALK hundreds of miles?
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How do you think those people are going to GET there when the highways are packed with dead cars?  You think they're going to WALK hundreds of miles?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bug out? To where?  I'm on land, secure building, defendable, and everything I need is here.
If suburban or cities dwellers think they are coming here to hide in the mountains, they thought wrong.

Working cars, motorcycles, bicycles, ATV’s, foot, horse.  People will go where food and supplies are.  Not everyone lives in the city.  Even suburbia or those in the ex-urbs will venture outward.  

You really haven’t thought this out, have you?

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Who would be dumb enough to stay in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina?

Now extrapolate that to any city

Yes, get the fuck out, ideally before, but if you can't, then as soon after as you can

before everyone else builds a wall around the city no one in or out and cops set up on bridges roadways and shoot anyone who tries to leave because they aren't taking a chance on criminals and looters.

Think about it. Why the FUCK would you stay unless you had to because you're a 1st responder or law enforcement? You wanna stay while the population turns feral?

only bright side is you can take pics of the shit you see

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Working cars, motorcycles, bicycles, ATV’s, foot, horse.  People will go where food and supplies are.  Not everyone lives in the city.  Even suburbia or those in the ex-urbs will venture outward.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, one of us hasn't.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#33]
You DO need a bug out plan, but that should be several steps down the "how bad has shit gotten" flow chart, and it's going to be subject to change depending on the emergency.

Everyone in Acapulco wishes they had a pre-staged bag with essitals in it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#34]
anybody really wanna stay as part of this kind of gagglefuck

there's a lot of people that simply do not have the resources to leave the cities in a SHTF scenario.

and there's the hand to mouth types who have been conditioned to always assume that someone is coming to save them.

planner/prepper types are a tiny minority, and those types already don't live in cities anymore.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#35]
When Covid broke through into the public consciousness, what many of you in the land of moms basements didn't see is that a lot of your neighbors bugged out and apparently their idea of "middle of nowhere" or a good BOL was my neighborhood. Large campgrounds were full and for a short time there were many campsites that were just RV's pulled over on the side of the highway.

If you are going to bug in, get serious about preparing your home field advantage.

If you are going to bug out, don't wait till morning.

We used to see more hints here of a type of person out there that you should never forget exists. They've mostly gone quiet and that should speak to you. Their plan is to find rabbits in their burrows and kill and steal. All are dangerous, most are used to violence of either a criminal or military nature and some are very competent if not experienced killers. They have a plan for you and you should have a plan for them. If you don't, you won't even see them coming.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#36]
We're in God's hands.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Bugging out is a terrible idea.  If your bugout bag weighs 80 lbs and you are also carrying rifle plates, a full load out of extra mags, rifle and pistol, you are doubly fucked.    So you have a woobie?  Lol, not only does it take up too much space, the amount of warmth it will provide is negligible.  Any serious backpacker will tell you what a shitty idea bugging out is (unless you are moving to a location that is safer and well prepped).

Watch that series “Alone”.   That is essentially what bugging out and living off the land would be.  Beat in mind they were dropped off and didn’t have to hike in to those locations.  Those contestants have good survival skills and usually last only 60 days.   The ones who last longer and win are starving by the end of it, and their gear has started to degrade.

I watched one - a guy from Alaska who is built like a brick shithouse, made a solid shelter, killed a musk ox, and he was still starting to starve by the end of the contest.  He simply couldn’t get the nutrients and energy he needed.  They had all resorted to eating things like the stomach contents of animals in an effort to get the nutrients they needed.  The ones who were injured or got parasites were even more fucked.  

Bugging out is a fantasy that gear queers like to play out  thinking all the military surplus and gun shit they bought will save them in some apocalypse as they hike over mountains to safety.  You will just die a slow death if someone or something doesn’t kill you first.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ragnar Benson basically said bugging out equals refugee
View Quote

Great books. Just was taking about him today and how he was way ahead of the times
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't live in an urban area.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

When there's no longer food in the suburbs and the cities, they're coming in large numbers to your farming or rural community to hunt your live stock or deer and other wildlife on your property.  Then, they'll take your shit.  If you're lucky, they'll let you live.

People don't think desperation and survival be like it is, but it do.

View Quote
Good luck in your suburbs, don't bother trying to come out in the country. We'll have the local roads blocked off so anyone raiding for food will have to come on foot thru open fields.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good luck in your suburbs, don't bother trying to come out in the country. We'll have the local roads blocked off so anyone raiding for food will have to come on foot thru open fields.
View Quote

Add in a ton of Coyote hunters with thermals waiting for them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's only a fantasy if you haven't already prepped a bug out location.
View Quote

Lol.  

The locals are aware of your bug out location and will get to it before you do.  Free gear and supplies.

I know the shopping locations in my area.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Bugging out is mental masturbation.

I'm bugging in.  

There are very few things that could get me and my family to leave home.

Far burbs are nice...because if I DO have to leave, it is far easier for me to get to the country side than folks in the city.   I'm kinda already there.  But going to the county side is stupid if I have no place to go.  It is more like getting away from the gridlock to find a hotel (or go to family) away from the situation at hand.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When there's no longer food in the suburbs and the cities, they're coming in large numbers to your farming or rural community to hunt your live stock or deer and other wildlife on your property.  Then, they'll take your shit.  If you're lucky, they'll let you live.

People don't think desperation and survival be like it is, but it do.

Yeah, he's not worth arguing with on this subject.  He's building up excuses more than anything else.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They are definitely coming. Friends and family are coming first. That’s the plan. That has always been the plan.

I doubt anyone with a farm or property is really thinking they are going at it alone.
View Quote

Yup.

Me, my sister, my brother and my parents all live on the family farm.  Our homes are strategically located that the other three can provide fire support for the fourth.

We have heavy machinery and have knowledge and a plan for creating fortifications and cutting the roads leading to our property.  

We will have two dozen or more people on hand for chores and defense.

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I’m staying put.
Imagine an entire nation bugging out people tripping over each other thinking they will survive off the land.   There are a few places that’s possible maybe.
  It will be hard enough to try to defend my land I’m familiar with.  Running around with limited supplies is suicidal unless you have a very good reason and plan.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hell, even if you do own a remote hunting / vacation cabin, there’s no guarantee a small town will let ANY outsiders into their town, as they want their limited supplies to go to locals, that may well include giving your cabin to family members of locals who come back home.
View Quote

This is a good point; I have two bugout locations, my preferred one being my place on the coast, stocked, easy fishing within a short walk, with a water distillation setup, on the other side of a bridge, which makes an excellent choke point/roadblock location for the island. But if I'm not already there, or at least ahead of any surge in that direction, I'm not getting there even with documentation showing ownership IMO.

So if one has a viable BOL, you gotta get there well before whatever is about to happen, happens.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Right this second I have 2x 9mm pistols, Remmy 870, and my supressed 300 blk on the boat.  If I have time to get to my storage I have access to.... everything.

Sure pirates are a problem but much less so than land I would wager.  Fewer people can get to my house than your house.  Also, the average islander is a better person than the average American.

You guys can hunt off the last of the deer.  I will have unlimited crab, lobster...and hopefully some fish.

My luxury is that I can literally go RIGHT THIS SECOND.  I'd bet the bulk of bug out larpers here would be dead after the first tank of gas.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FLIR camera
Electric dinghy motor
My SSB radio working
Another 50# rice
20-30 cans of food

I’d monitor the nets and sail nonstop and as far from land as possible to the most remote area you could find.  

I had several months of food, gear/supplies/equipment and guns and ammo ready to roll on to my boat. Ham radios, sat phones, Starlink, guns, ammo, thermal, night vision, fishing gear, solar, storm sails, ground tackle, etc..  Electric cooking so no need for propane.  Fully self contained.  The only thing missing was the Barrett M82 but the truth is I’d rather be where my adult kids and nearby network of friends are on the 200 acre family farm in a SHTF scenario so it was a last resort and the whole leaving early advantage would have been lost.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn't planning on it, but honestly, this makes no sense.
Are you manning road blocks 24 hours a day for weeks on end?
For folks that are meeting family in the county (pre-determined plan), or have land there, are you blocking them out by setting up a road-block on a public road?  Better be careful with who you try that with as it seems like a really good way to get yourself unnecessarily deaded really early in this conflict.  

Are you ready to shoot on sight to to defend that road block?

Rule #1 in SHTF, avoid confrontation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Watched the entire vid. He mentioned water filtration once. Cool guns tho.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top