Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
People leaving early due to a huge sandstorm.

More
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ah, corporatized rebellion for the neo-aristocracy.

so cool.
View Quote

yep - its literally a parody - "absolutely fabulous" but on a salt lake.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Which Arfcommer are we missing this week?
View Quote

The grey bar lefties have been somewhat quite lately.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Don’t they burn the man tonight? Leaving now would be like leaving the Superbowl at halftime.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sure it is, unfortunately a lot of the participants don't know it.  I can't show you the pics because they aren't mine to share, I saw them on my lezbo friend's iPad.  She showed me after she got back.

Satan was in rebellion to God.  The whole point of Satan is that he didn't want anybody having authority over him and telling him what to do.  This festival is nothing if not a festival of rebellion.  Rebellion against God and pretty much any rules of normal society.

The bible says that the spirit of rebellion is like the sin of witchcraft.  1 Samuel 15:23   Many people are the hands and feet of Satan and they don't even realize it.  The evidence is everywhere these days, especially in the United States.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pagan?  Sure, they are there.  Satanic?  I wanna see pics.  Burning Man isn't a "satanic ritual"  It just isn't.

Sure it is, unfortunately a lot of the participants don't know it.  I can't show you the pics because they aren't mine to share, I saw them on my lezbo friend's iPad.  She showed me after she got back.

Satan was in rebellion to God.  The whole point of Satan is that he didn't want anybody having authority over him and telling him what to do.  This festival is nothing if not a festival of rebellion.  Rebellion against God and pretty much any rules of normal society.

The bible says that the spirit of rebellion is like the sin of witchcraft.  1 Samuel 15:23   Many people are the hands and feet of Satan and they don't even realize it.  The evidence is everywhere these days, especially in the United States.

You're mistaken...just because it free spirits creating amazing art and whipping themselves into a frenzy dosent mean its paganism. It can simply be a reminder of... colonial industrial age.

Euro opening of tunnel
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Burning Man.

Radical inclusion. “Ugh. I can’t believe Kylie Jenner is here. This isn’t for her.”

Self reliance. Influencers have their people set up camp.

Self expression. People are there so they can hopefully become an influencer.

Communal effort. “We don’t help them, they’re not one of us.” Go back to radical inclusion.

Like all things, it gets corrupted by popularity. Still, it’s on my bucket list for some reason.
View Quote

For some odd reason everytime I see vid's of this event the first thought that comes to mind is barter town. In fact I wrote a short story for a creative writing class I was taking a couple of years ago about a group of people who attended, but in my story there was an actual Thunder Dome.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pagan?  Sure, they are there.  Satanic?  I wanna see pics.  Burning Man isn't a "satanic ritual"  It just isn't.

Man, I just do not know where they find some of you people. Or how some people get through the day.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I hear the quality of the LSD available there is second to none.

My freind was there 10 years ago and an entire building was put up just so people could free base DMT.

Sounds like a good time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So those $500 tickets do nothing to keep out the riff raff?  Hmmm...
View Quote

It’s chic to be well off and live homeless.  Go to any national park or hotspot in a national forest or BLM land
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That explains it. I thought I was seeing more of them than normal back in town.
View Quote

I saw a few on my trips out today, playa dust covering every damn part of their vehicle. The couple days leading up to it the Costco and Walmart were slammed with people buying water and bikes to take. Kinda crazy, I’d go to check it out for a few hours but the wife and kids put a stop to that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don’t they burn the man tonight? Leaving now would be like leaving the Superbowl at halftime.

View Quote

Lots of people leave before they burn the man. A lot of them stay for the Temple burn and then head home.
Quoted:

I saw a few on my trips out today, playa dust covering every damn part of their vehicle. The couple days leading up to it the Costco and Walmart were slammed with people buying water and bikes to take. Kinda crazy, I’d go to check it out for a few hours but the wife and kids put a stop to that.
View Quote

You'll see a lot more tomorrow and Tuesday
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I hear there are lots of bare female tiddies.
View Quote

This is what someone off this had to say when I asked the same question.
"Most of the bewbies you're gonna see are not the ones you want to.In addition, you'll find that most of the females smell like a hamster cage. After the first day, and can braid the hair covering their Brittney by the time they leave. That being said, if you like unshowered loose women with smelly snatches and a bunch of swinging dicks around you then go for it (Shocktroop)
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#14]
1945 miles from my house, bit far in the rv
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Most of the bewbies you're gonna see are not the ones you want to.In addition, you'll find that most of the females smell like a hamster cage. After the first day, and can braid the hair covering their Brittney by the time they leave. That being said, if you like unshowered loose women with smelly snatches and a bunch of swinging dicks around you then go for it (Shocktroop)
View Quote

They are full of shit. There is a fuck ton of drop dead chicks out there and most of them are wearing a bikini at most, maybe pasties, see through mesh or nothing up top. After about the first 15 minutes I didn’t even really notice what people were or weren’t wearing unless it was a super unique costume.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They are full of shit. Their is a fuck ton of drop dead chicks out there and most of them are wearing a bikini at most, maybe pasties, see through mesh or nothing up top. After about the first 15 minutes I didn’t even really notice what people were or weren’t wearing unless it was a super unique costume.
View Quote

I've never been so I'll just take your word
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Long before burning man, the guys would say, hey, let's go to the river for the weekend. (Colorado river) Beer and boats
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
One day I will attend.  Bucket list.
View Quote

mine too.

lets go see some Titties.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
we gotta get a bunch of arfcommers together and go to burning man.

convoy out there in u-hauls and RVs and do it up right.

imitation crab meat, model trains, and unshowered dirty inkie hippie girls.
View Quote

RENO 911 did an episode on it and I figure an ArfCom crew would be on par with it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#20]
A recently retired co worker of mine  goes every year.  He said there is an immense amount of wealth there. Some people's "camps" have multiple luxury trailers and large diesel gen sets running the AC. He was a electrical controls guy and has helped  some of the luxury camps when they had issues
He said his ticket was  $1400 this year and that there were several series of tickets released at different times with various prices.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There is a Mad Max Fest out in the California Desert called Wasteland Weekend.

https://www.wastelandweekend.com/history/

There are a number of videos up on YouTube to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOlDEScp5vc

The "Standard Greeting" hail given to passing participants...  "FUCK YOUUUUUUU"  

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

That's my kind of an event.  What bands play that venue?  Those are my people.

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 1:28:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A recently retired co worker of mine  goes every year.  He said there is an immense amount of wealth there. Some people's "camps" have multiple luxury trailers and large diesel gen sets running the AC. He was a electrical controls guy and has helped  some of the luxury camps when they had issues
He said his ticket was  $1400 this year and that there were several series of tickets released at different times with various prices.
View Quote

Apparently Elon and many other (ridiculously) wealthy people attend.  Some regularly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#23]
That was cool in the years that started with one nine.

Now it’s the ugliest kind of vapid faggotry. You might as well go to Disneyland, pay full price and suck a fat man’s dick in the VIP lounge, and text a picture to your mom because your proud of yourself.

Disgusting fakery.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 2:12:55 AM EDT
[#24]
About Gate Perimeter Exodus at Burning Man
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Man, I just do not know where they find some of you people. Or how some people get through the day.

View Quote

It's not surprising to me to get this reaction.  

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#26]
There are over 100,000 drug overdose deaths in the USA every year - in the main, these same people want to take your rifles which account for less than 400 deaths per year.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ah, corporatized rebellion for the neo-aristocracy.

so cool.
View Quote
The video game Watch Dogs 2 did a pretty brilliant send up of this aspect of Burning Man.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#28]
lol, the ticket prices from the burning man website...............

Approximately 10,000 tickets at $575 each, and approximately 5,000 vehicle passes available at $140 each, plus applicable fees and taxes.

You can buy a maximum of two (2) $575 tickets and one (1) $140 vehicle pass.

Apparently it's expensive to rebel against capitalism.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD be like:

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Sainte Vie live at Burning Man 2022
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’d go in a heartbeat.

I’d also like to go to Belgium to see Tomorrowland.  

They both look like a blast.
View Quote

They did a Tomorrowworld in GA for several years. It’s really over the top. They even themed the lake with fire breathing fish.

Too bad it flooded and went bust.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Approximately 10,000 tickets at $575 each, and approximately 5,000 vehicle passes available at $140 each, plus applicable fees and taxes.

View Quote

Like the "Tourists" who visit Cuba and buy a $50 "Che" t-shirt...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Damn

Schooled him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts on this rebel?  If rebellion is the same thing as satan worship, this guy is doomed to eternal hell fire.

Well, I never met old George but I'd wager that he believe he was rebelling against tyranny and not rebelling against God.  From what I understand he was a praying man who took things to the Lord.  He'll be judged for his deeds just as we all will.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fchristianheritagefellowship.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FWashington-Praying-at-Valley-Forge.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Damn

Schooled him

Did he?  The federal WOD is literal tyranny.  Therefore partying at Burning Man is rebelling against tyranny.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#34]
No thanks, had enough of the desert. Adding a bunch of stoned smelly people and crappy recorded music is not a selling point.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Ayahuasca vendors I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I still have my dust storm goggles.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Never been to Burning Man, but have gone to a bunch of regional burns like Lakes of Fire, Resonate, etc. as a patron. Some of these events are absolutely wild. I’ve been to Electric Forest a few times professionally and it’s another planet. Absolutely wild how the entire forest is light up with permanent installations, tons of scenery, tree houses, all sorts of glow in the dark shit, etc. it’s just wild. Very cool.

Also, I should clarify, I’m a touring sound guy, so I’m been to many of these crazy music festivals like Ultra, Bonaroo, EDC, Lolla, etc.
View Quote

And you're from Wisconsin. Imagine that.

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Burn Trials: Out of the Maze and onto the Playa | Quiznos | Toasty.tv
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

mine too.

lets go see some Titties.
View Quote

I went late 90s as a LEO, mutual aid. Total nudity was not unusual.  I still remember one nude sweet young thing riding her bike around.  
I remember being told not to make arrests for controlled substances.  Seemed like we were basically there to keep folks from killing themselves or others and to keep raping and pillaging down.  I was okay with that.
Very interesting but I never had a desire to return.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Another victim of it's own success.
Went from a hippie gathering to a dot com millionaire event.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Burning Man 2022 dust storm in camp 1/2

Burning Man 2022 dust storm in camp 1/2
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Odd Birds.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#43]
A half million people all trying to be the center of attention. No, thank you.

How is all of that even remotely carbon-neutral?
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's 80,000 attendees. Tightly controlled by the BLM.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why does it have to be carbon-neutral?
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here is an article from 2020 using 2018 tax documents for a little insight into where the money goes...

https://www.rgj.com/story/life/arts/burning-man/2020/01/09/burning-man-money-t-tax-documents-black-rock-city-budget/2827709001/

While money may not be welcome in the economy of Black Rock City, money is necessary to create the city.

It took more than $44 million to run the Burning Man Project and erect the arts metropolis in the Black Rock Desert in 2018, according to the Burning Man Project's most recent tax documents.

The San Francisco-based arts nonprofit covered costs with more than $43 million in ticket sales, more than $2 million in contributions during fiscal 2018 and a number of other miscellaneous revenue streams, all together more than $46 million in revenue.  

About a third of the revenue went toward salaries, with some top staffers receiving more than $40,000 raises that year.

Though the organization is known for its free-spirited ethos, tax documents also reveal that the Burning Man Project is focused on financial security. In two years, the organization's rainy day fund more than tripled to $10 million.

Consistent with years past, a large chunk of Burning Man's budget during fiscal 2018 went to the more than 100 full-time employees of the nonprofit corporation, which now has offices in San Francisco and Reno.

The organization's highest paid employees included:

Burning Man CEO Marian Goodell: $268,000, increase of $7,000 over 2017
Director Harley Dubois: $216,000, increase of $40,000
Director Theresa Duncan: $192,000, increase of $6,000
Attorney Ray Allen: $185,000, increase of $10,000
IT Director Heather Gallagher: $183,000, increase of $46,000
Managing Director Heather White: $176,000, increase of $15,000
Director Kim Cook: $175,000, increase of $19,000

Some of the other big ticket items during Burning Man's 2018 budget included more than $5 million to contractors. Burning Man Project also paid $1.4 million for sanitation services (portable toilets), $500,000 for on-site medical services at the event and $1.2 million for catering

The Project paid more than $4 million on permits and fees during the year.

ther expenses included equipment rental, office expenses and grants. The Burning Man Project awarded more than $2.2 million in grants in 2018, an increase of about $500,000 over 2017.

The Burning Man Project donated more than $58,000 to Friends of the Black Rock High Rock nonprofit, which fosters environmental awareness about the Black Rock Desert, and $9,300 to the Gerlach Volunteer Fire Department.

The nonprofit also paid more than $920,000 for Ticketfly's operation of ticket sales in 2018, though the former vendor returned about $35,000 after Ticketfly suffered a major cyber attack that exposed the accounts of 27 million users.

As for the festival, organizers attempted to grow the 80,000-person event to 100,000 last year, though federal regulators denied the request citing concerns that growth would adversely affect local and federal resources used during the event.

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Here is an article from 2020 using 2018 tax documents for a little insight into where the money goes...

https://www.rgj.com/story/life/arts/burning-man/2020/01/09/burning-man-money-t-tax-documents-black-rock-city-budget/2827709001/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While money may not be welcome in the economy of Black Rock City, money is necessary to create the city.

It took more than $44 million to run the Burning Man Project and erect the arts metropolis in the Black Rock Desert in 2018, according to the Burning Man Project's most recent tax documents.

The San Francisco-based arts nonprofit covered costs with more than $43 million in ticket sales, more than $2 million in contributions during fiscal 2018 and a number of other miscellaneous revenue streams, all together more than $46 million in revenue.  

About a third of the revenue went toward salaries, with some top staffers receiving more than $40,000 raises that year.

Though the organization is known for its free-spirited ethos, tax documents also reveal that the Burning Man Project is focused on financial security. In two years, the organization's rainy day fund more than tripled to $10 million.

Consistent with years past, a large chunk of Burning Man's budget during fiscal 2018 went to the more than 100 full-time employees of the nonprofit corporation, which now has offices in San Francisco and Reno.

The organization's highest paid employees included:

Burning Man CEO Marian Goodell: $268,000, increase of $7,000 over 2017
Director Harley Dubois: $216,000, increase of $40,000
Director Theresa Duncan: $192,000, increase of $6,000
Attorney Ray Allen: $185,000, increase of $10,000
IT Director Heather Gallagher: $183,000, increase of $46,000
Managing Director Heather White: $176,000, increase of $15,000
Director Kim Cook: $175,000, increase of $19,000

Some of the other big ticket items during Burning Man's 2018 budget included more than $5 million to contractors. Burning Man Project also paid $1.4 million for sanitation services (portable toilets), $500,000 for on-site medical services at the event and $1.2 million for catering

The Project paid more than $4 million on permits and fees during the year.

ther expenses included equipment rental, office expenses and grants. The Burning Man Project awarded more than $2.2 million in grants in 2018, an increase of about $500,000 over 2017.

The Burning Man Project donated more than $58,000 to Friends of the Black Rock High Rock nonprofit, which fosters environmental awareness about the Black Rock Desert, and $9,300 to the Gerlach Volunteer Fire Department.

The nonprofit also paid more than $920,000 for Ticketfly's operation of ticket sales in 2018, though the former vendor returned about $35,000 after Ticketfly suffered a major cyber attack that exposed the accounts of 27 million users.

As for the festival, organizers attempted to grow the 80,000-person event to 100,000 last year, though federal regulators denied the request citing concerns that growth would adversely affect local and federal resources used during the event.

Isn't that around when they changed to a for profit? I had heard that happened but never looked into it. I assume it's easier to keep everything under wraps if you're a private company.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They are full of shit. There is a fuck ton of drop dead chicks out there and most of them are wearing a bikini at most, maybe pasties, see through mesh or nothing up top. After about the first 15 minutes I didn't even really notice what people were or weren't wearing unless it was a super unique costume.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are full of shit. There is a fuck ton of drop dead chicks out there and most of them are wearing a bikini at most, maybe pasties, see through mesh or nothing up top. After about the first 15 minutes I didn't even really notice what people were or weren't wearing unless it was a super unique costume.

I watched a drop-dead gorgeous chick ride the hell out of a guy like she stole that dick at 0800 on a random morning on the playa, 50 yards from the rave bus.

People who make generalizations about BM are people who have no clue about BM
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#50]
8 hour traffic jam just to leave

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top