Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The fuck do people care about what anyone else thinks for?

That will be my supercar. Everyone else's opinions can fuck off.
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I REALLY like the C8 but to be honest, if I had $60k to drop on a fun car it would most likely be a Viper.

These Vetts are going to be a dime a dozen in a couple of years.
View Quote
Exactly why I have a Viper and not a Vet.

Gen 4 Viper is best Viper. The most power without the nanny computer. A Drivers car.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh,
Looks good... but waiting for the C8 Z06 or Zora/ZR1... and for GM to fix any teething issues especially with a DCT... and cooling with a mid engine car....
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A lot more goes into a super car than just performance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will see when the ZR1 comes out.
As you well know, we both were talking about the base model. Like everyone else on the planet when mentioning the C8.
A lot more goes into a super car than just performance.
Like high maintenance?
Breaking a lot?
Long tow jobs to the dealer 200 miles away?

So interior quality may not be as good as a Mercedes SLR or whatever, and it has "normal" doors. So what!? If the C8 hasn't kicked the door to the super car club off it's hinges, nothing will.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Like high maintenance?
Breaking a lot?
View Quote
I guess you can “tow” in the sense of the word. But you can’t hang a supercar from a normal tow truck. I know everyone knows this, but it takes a special flat bed. What many people don't in now is most tow companies won’t touch your supercar due to the likely cost of an extremely expensive damage repair claim... So enjoy sitting on the side of the road in your supercar waiting for an out of area tow company with the right truck, an experienced driver, and enough liability insurance to load and move it for you. [At that moment as the camera pans and zooms out, CLICK flys by in his white C8...]
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Waiting for AssMonkey to put one on airbags with green paint.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I guess you can “tow” in the sense of the word. But you can’t hang a supercar from a normal tow truck. I know everyone knows this, but it takes a special flat bed. What many people don't in now is most tow companies won’t touch your supercar due to the likely cost of an extremely expensive damage repair claim... So enjoy sitting on the side of the road in your supercar waiting for an out of area tow company with the right truck, an experienced driver, and enough liability insurance to load and move it for you. [At that moment as the camera pans and zooms out, CLICK flys by in his white C8...]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like high maintenance?
Breaking a lot?
Flat bed tow trucks are required for most all AWD vehicles, they're still tow trucks...now wither or not they will touch your Ferrari or not is another matter entirely like you pointed out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Waiting for AssMonkey to put one on airbags with green paint.
View Quote
And then lose money at an auction?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Flat bed tow trucks are required for most all AWD vehicles, they're still tow trucks...now wither or not they will touch your Ferrari or not is another matter entirely like you pointed out.
View Quote
On perfectly flat ground, most American fwd yes. Some supercar with field conditions, often not. The approach is too steep.

My buddies owns a large tow company and has trucks that can't grab some cars. And he won't move the three local Lambos here in our area. If they go down, a specialty fleet mover sends a truck. He says even most dollies won't fit these exotic cars.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On perfectly flat ground, most American fwd yes. Some supercar with field conditions, often not. The approach is too steep.

My buddies owns a large tow company and has trucks that can't grab some cars. And he won't move the three local Lambos here in our area. If they go down, a specialty fleet mover sends a truck. He says even most dollies won't fit these exotic cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think he'd tow the C8?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Think he'd tow the C8?
View Quote
No idea. Not one around to move yet. I saw a cool feature on the C8 where the front end will lift itself at speed bumps, deep gutters, and steeper driveways when you hit a button. And that the car will remember the lift and tags it via GPS to auto lift at the same location the next time you're there. So maybe getting it on a truck with that feature wouldn’t be too bad. Besides, it should be reliable enough to probably never need a tow.

I saw a thing once where a guy hit a raccoon in his supercar at very high speeds and it caused almost $275,000 (or some crazy number) in damage. And it would take a few years to get the parts together, repaired, and painted. iirc, it was a blue Lamborghini but don't remember which one. It said if you could move the same year model Honda Accord the same speed, it would have been just a few thousand in damage at most and could be repaired in under a week. It was mentioned you could buy eight or nine new accords for the same $275,000 repair cost to the Lamborghini.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No idea. Not one around to move yet. I saw a cool feature on the C8 where the front end will lift itself at speed bumps, deep gutters, and steeper driveways when you hit a button. And that the car will remember the lift and tags it via GPS to auto lift at the same location the next time you're there. So maybe getting it on a truck with that feature wouldn’t be too bad. Besides, it should be reliable enough to probably never need a tow.

I saw a thing once where a guy hit a raccoon in his supercar at very high speeds and it caused almost $275,000 (or some crazy number) in damage. And it would take a few years to get the parts together, repaired, and painted. iirc, it was a blue Lamborghini but don't remember which one. It said if you could move the same year model Honda Accord the same speed, it would have been just a few thousand in damage at most and could be repaired in under a week. It was mentioned you could buy eight or nine new accords for the same $275,000 repair cost to the Lamborghini.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think he'd tow the C8?

But, don't you want that kind of exclusivity!?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe...

Everything I own has 33"+ tires on it plus at least a level kit. I've never driven a car that feels like my hemorrhoid was going to scrape the ground.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maybe...

Everything I own has 33"+ tires on it plus at least a level kit. I've never driven a car that feels like my hemorrhoid was going to scrape the ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe...

I haven't driven one, but I did get to ride in a Viper. It was badass.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your buddy may be a good tow truck driver but he just refuses to buy what he needs to move low and wide cars

He would just be need a basic covered car carrier with a double loading ramp

He could even pull it with his f350

Simple as that it’s not rocket science these aren’t F1 cars
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Your buddy may be a good tow truck driver but he just refuses to buy what he needs to move low and wide cars

He would just be need a basic covered car carrier with a double loading ramp

He could even pull it with his f350

Simple as that it’s not rocket science these aren’t F1 cars
View Quote
He doesn't drive. He owns the company.

It's not his target market. He tows for CHP, PD, a few sheriff county departments. Wrecks, repos, hook ‘em book 'em and tow 'ems. Pretty good size impound lot and indoor storage for crime scene cars. He's got flat beds that drop low, but non that he'll try to put a Ferrari on.

You might be very surprised to hear this, but there aren’t many exotic needing to be moved.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The fuck do people care about what anyone else thinks for?

That will be my supercar. Everyone else's opinions can fuck off.
View Quote
I agree with you fuck what people think.  But there wouldn't be a market for super expensive exotic cars if there weren't a lot of people who did care what everyone thinks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Coming soon to a salvage yard near you...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#20]
People don't think lifting on a mid-engine in the middle of a turn be like it is but it do.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
People don't think lifting on a mid-engine in the middle of a turn be like it is but it do.
View Quote
I concur
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I concur
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I concur
I track one, also concur
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I concur
I track one, also concur
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184796/20190421_120425_jpg-1049439.JPG
I'm not a big fan of the Cayman (personal not performance reasons) but that is a sharp looking one you have. :)
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm not a big fan of the Cayman (personal not performance reasons) but that is a sharp looking one you have. :)
View Quote
I am on the order list for a c8.  Gonna drive the c8 a bit before i decide what to do with the cayman.  Love the cayman, but the turbo 4 leaves me wanting more torque at times...
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am on the order list for a c8.  Gonna drive the c8 a bit before i decide what to do with the cayman.  Love the cayman, but the turbo 4 leaves me wanting more torque at times...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A corvette would definitely cure that. My C6 Z51 definitely has it in gobs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
That assumes that stability control was off.  I doubt it.  Much higher probability that they entered hot and pushed out across the line.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That assumes that stability control was off.  I doubt it.  Much higher probability that they entered hot and pushed out across the line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s what it looks like to me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm in the cult of 911.

1st commandment; Thou shalt not lift.

ETA:. But everybody has to do it once.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm in the cult of 911.

1st commandment; Thou shalt not lift.

ETA:. But everybody has to do it once.
View Quote
Best learned on a track and not the street...
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I still do not believe that the base model c8 is a sub 3s car in 0-60.

Is this a legitimate thing that GM is claiming, or just some internet rumor that people are repeating?  

If it IS able to do 0-60 in less than 3 second, it is absolutely in the the “supercar” category, IMO.
View Quote
Z51 package. Add $5k to the price.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Best learned on a track and not the street...
View Quote
On the street they have PSM to save them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

On the street they have PSM to save them.
View Quote
I know of a few overconfident guys that turned the nannies off and had a bad outcome...
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That’s an official thing?

Holy crap.  To get under 3 seconds is insane, and for only $5k on top of an already VERY low base model price?  
View Quote
That's what was stated at the unveiling. Price is a guess, based on what's in the package and the cost of the option package on the C7.

Probably the only part required for that 0-60 time is the eLSD. Doubt the bigger brakes, and additional cooling would make the difference, though the suspension tweaks might help.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Female driver according to a reply to the corvetteblogger site.
lmao it was buddies wife driving too he wouldnt let her drive finally she bitches enough, he pulls over, they swap, and within 2 minutes its a head on collision
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lmao it was buddies wife driving too he wouldnt let her drive finally she bitches enough, he pulls over, they swap, and within 2 minutes its a head on collision
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
takes a breath

Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Is this a legitimate thing that GM is claiming, or just some internet rumor that people are repeating?  

If it IS able to do 0-60 in less than 3 second, it is absolutely in the the “supercar” category, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL..no. C8 is a far cry from a super car.
0-60 < 3 seconds, >1g lateral. I'd call that pretty super.

nissan does it with the GTR. of course the GTR has awd drive but its heavy as fuk. its the computer, the gears and the dual clutch tranny that makes it possible. making the new C8 do 0..60 in under 3 seconds is simply an engineering problem that has been solved by other manufacturers. there is no reason to think that GM couldnt do the same with gearing engineered to do it, torque to make it happen and traction to keep the tires from spinning. in the end, its in the software and the DTC. the question is, does that gearing have some negative impact in other areas.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

takes a breath

View Quote
I blame the guy not being able to properly tell his woman, “No. You may not drive.”
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I blame the guy not being able to properly tell his woman, “No. You may not drive.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

takes a breath

Lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's an official thing?

Holy crap.  To get under 3 seconds is insane, and for only $5k on top of an already VERY low base model price?  
View Quote
I agree.  does the z51 include pilot sport cup..whatever tires that are R compound and guaranteed for 3k miles? cause the zl1-1le has those and 150 more horsepower and can't get to 60 with a 2 handle.

that is awd territory...if GM found a way to cheat physics that well they shouldn't be building cars.

guess we'll see when someone gets their hands on one.  GM doesn't have a history of over promising. If anything they have been conservative.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#42]
A YouTube car channel with a connection to a GM insider (with 30 yrs under his belt) reported that the LT1 Z51 was going to be priced around $66k.

< 3 sec 0-60 mph for ~$66k
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I agree.  does the z51 include pilot sport cup..whatever tires that are R compound and guaranteed for 3k miles? cause the zl1-1le has those and 150 more horsepower and can't get to 60 with a 2 handle.

that is awd territory...if GM found a way to cheat physics that well they shouldn't be building cars.

guess we'll see when someone gets their hands on one.  GM doesn't have a history of over promising. If anything they have been conservative.
View Quote
No, it has a new compound Michelin PSS. Probably a bit stickier than the current PSS 4's, not the Sport Cup II's.

Horsepower isn't the issue. Getting it to the ground is. And the weight distribution of the mid-rear engine is better for that then the current mid-front (both C7 and Camaro).
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's what was stated at the unveiling. Price is a guess, based on what's in the package and the cost of the option package on the C7.

Probably the only part required for that 0-60 time is the eLSD. Doubt the bigger brakes, and additional cooling would make the difference, though the suspension tweaks might help.
View Quote
Pretty sure the Z51 comes with different tires too that are stickier so I bet those have some play it it getting to 60 quicker.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the Z51 comes with different tires too that are stickier so I bet those have some play it it getting to 60 quicker.
View Quote
I would guess it's a combo of tires, and gearing. Traditionally the z51's have been geared different as compared to the base cars.

This car is 500+ lbs lighter than a zl1-1le zlso...
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#46]
The Z51 should also have the electronic limited slip differential that the base car won't have.  At least on the C7s, the Z51 comes with a slightly lower gear ratio also over the base car.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#47]
It wasn’t a women driving it lol

It was a fleet of M plate cars, all engineers

Eta: was responded to the wife claim, wasn’t a wife

And I know it wasn’t a female engineer
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It wasn’t a women driving it lol

View Quote
Female Engineer?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Female Engineer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It wasn't a women driving it lol

Female Engineer?
I'm not sure what's more ironic. Assuming it was a woman driver who wrecked or thinking there's no women engineers.

Lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what's more ironic. Assuming it was a woman driver who wrecked or thinking there's no women engineers.

Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It wasn't a women driving it lol

Female Engineer?

Lol
0 has just been divided by
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top