Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:05:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care equipment.
View Quote

I bought my Stihl saw used maybe 40 years ago... I haven't started it for a couple of weeks but I can give it a shot of starting fluid tomorrow and cut wood. How many batteries would your green weinie saw take to last that long? Don't forget the dead ones will end up in the landfill. My saw can go to the scrapyard when it's done and be remelted and be used over and over. Fug your EV crap.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quote:  As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric Free Choice is just better for yard care equipment.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care equipment.
View Quote

You know how I know you don’t do any yard work?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol, this include ALL internal combustion engines under 25 hp. Generators, lawn mowers, water pumps, rototillers, anything with a 25 or less hp engine.
View Quote

I’d use my ford NAA with a finish mower every week to mow if they pulled that shit where I lived.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

The materials required to make electricity aren’t carbon neutral, and the state wants to shut down power plants.  Enjoy mowing with dead batteries and black outs.  Mining lithium is getting harder and harder thanks to environmental groups protecting the earth as much as possible.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like a bordering state person could make money transporting black market equipment into California.

View Quote

Or mail order from a company that doesn't know like Amazon or Walmart.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol....k...

Show me the electric chainsaw where I can pull a 36" bar all day long and we can talk.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

How small is your lot?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

How small is your lot?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck Kalifornia.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#11]
After seeing this bullshit I think I’ll fill my riding mower full of fresh gas, start it and let it idle until it’s out of gas just cause. Fuck Commiefornia, I don’t see how anyone would want to live in that shit hole!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong. If we are talking a 1/4 acre or less in suburbia, sure.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing like having the .gov make your decisions.  Go cut a couple cords of wood and get back to us.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#14]
4 cycle alcohol fueled (carbon neutral fuel) should be an option
The democraps I’m sure have yard care equipment battery powered stores selling everything needed to switch over to the new law

There are silencers for chainsaws to kill the noise
I bet if a Mexican is running a leaf blower and it is quiet who is going to care?

We have robot sweepers for inside the house
Now we need robot yard trimmers for the yard
Instead of a spinning blade use an cutting head like a hedge trimmer
It trims every few days so no clean up
It picks up leafs and yard debris and drops in a compost bin
Have a dog poop pick up option
All things to make the left happy
A bigger hedge trimmer robot with a long arm cutter could keep thing’s looking good or make advanced designs
This would make a new market to fill and keep robot technology repair people employed
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here in WretchedGretchenLand (where we're not YET forced to use electric for yard care equipment), 100% of lawn care companies still bitterly cling to their fossil-fueled mowers, blowers, etc. Guess they haven't seen the light.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It’s a 25 horsepower and up limit. If you get the big boy stuff you aren’t affected. What are you mowing like 2 acres?
View Quote

Those 25 hp chainsaw/trimmer/blower/etc are going to be damn heavy
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oddly enough, its still legal (for now) to buy out of state and bring it back in. No shipping from out of state. I went to Amazon looking at a Honda 2000 watt generator. No shipping to California because it would arrive after Jan 1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a bordering state person could make money transporting black market equipment into California.

Oddly enough, its still legal (for now) to buy out of state and bring it back in. No shipping from out of state. I went to Amazon looking at a Honda 2000 watt generator. No shipping to California because it would arrive after Jan 1.

Sounds like a someone in a border state should setup a cigarette, liquor and gas powered motor store
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#18]
For typical 1/4 to 1/3 acre suburban homes, electric makes perfect sense.  Before we moved to acreage I had converted.  Ego mower, line trimmer, and blower.  It was perfect in that role.  For any larger properties, electric ain't quite up to the task yet.  That said, fuck California and their dictatorial laws.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not exactly true, I've been searched twice over the years.  I've also been asked about bringing in aluminum cans and potted houseplants on other occasions.

The first time I was searched, I had driven across the country and the front of the car was covered in a thick layer of bugs.  I think that is why he chose to search  I knew how tightly the trunk was packed, and thought it would be funny to watch him unpack and repack it.  I popped the trunk, and told him to go right ahead.  He opened the trunk and saw the tetris job inside, said fuck it, and sent me on my way.

The second time I was searched, i was driving a moving truck. They made me unlock the box and open the door.  He looked in from outside for about 30 seconds while traffic was piling up behind me and then told me I could leave.

The bottom line is if you tick enough boxes, they will go for it. (Then you take the long way around).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check stations in place for produce and other things on the major highways between the borders.

And they check for produce....and only produce....hell...they don't even check, they just ask!

Not exactly true, I've been searched twice over the years.  I've also been asked about bringing in aluminum cans and potted houseplants on other occasions.

The first time I was searched, I had driven across the country and the front of the car was covered in a thick layer of bugs.  I think that is why he chose to search  I knew how tightly the trunk was packed, and thought it would be funny to watch him unpack and repack it.  I popped the trunk, and told him to go right ahead.  He opened the trunk and saw the tetris job inside, said fuck it, and sent me on my way.

The second time I was searched, i was driving a moving truck. They made me unlock the box and open the door.  He looked in from outside for about 30 seconds while traffic was piling up behind me and then told me I could leave.

The bottom line is if you tick enough boxes, they will go for it. (Then you take the long way around).
How is this remotely legal? (4th amendment)
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How is this remotely legal? (4th amendment)
View Quote

Feel free to fight The Man

You'll be dead before your case sees anything but a liberal activist judge and limitless state budgets to "enforce common sense laws to protect Californians."

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
4 cycle alcohol fueled (carbon neutral fuel) should be an option
The democraps I'm sure have yard care equipment battery powered stores selling everything needed to switch over to the new law
View Quote
What do you mean by "carbon neutral"? Wouldn't CO2, CO, and NOX still get produced? I haven't said that I agree with this new law.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Let the serfs rake.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got rid of my small lawnmower a few years back and replaced it with an electric, because I got a riding mower and only used it for small areas.

It now takes two freakin' batteries that charge forever to do that. And the batteries cost $100 a pop. I should've kept the gas mower.

Batteries suck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends.
My yard, no.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

The issue here isn't that different people have different preferences, it's that the government is removing the ability to choose what many prefer. It is, at the very least, not a legitimate function of government.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong...

Some of us have more than a quarter acre lot...
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe in the subdivision.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says the guy with sand, rocks, and cactus for a lawn.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Going to be pretty cool to see 26 HP 22'' cut push lawn mowers.

Wonder if I can sell my used grasshopper ZT for a premium to a californian now?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Part of this law bans gasoline powered portable generators in 2028.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are silencers for chainsaws to kill the noise
I bet if a Mexican is running a leaf blower and it is quiet who is going to care?

We have robot sweepers for inside the house
Now we need robot yard trimmers for the yard
Instead of a spinning blade use an cutting head like a hedge trimmer
It trims every few days so no clean up
It picks up leafs and yard debris and drops in a compost bin
Have a dog poop pick up option
All things to make the left happy
A bigger hedge trimmer robot with a long arm cutter could keep thing’s looking good or make advanced designs
This would make a new market to fill and keep robot technologists employed
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#34]
move to a free state?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Electric being better is inaccurate for a lot of situations.  It may work fine for you if you have the Arizona desert landscaping or a tiny yard.  For the rest of us, electric comes up short on power and runtime.  Electric also has some issues at extreme temperatures.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#36]
How long until Stihl develops a 25 horsepower leaf blower?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#37]
“What do you mean by "carbon neutral"? Wouldn't CO2, CO, and NOX still get produced? I haven't said that I agree with this new law.”

The source of the carbon in alcohol is from plant sourced
So from the air back into the air, so neutral
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What's to stop someone from driving to Arizona or Nevada and buying a gas powered blower or trimmer at a Home Depot or Lowes?  Border check point for gas powered tools?  
View Quote

Nothing really.  There's agriculture check points on major crossings, but there's places you can cross without any agriculture check point.

I've lived here since 1999.  I've never been checked.  A handful of times I was asked where I was coming from or if I had any meat, fruit, or plants. One time this year I was asked about fireworks, but I crossed the border probably 20 times this year and that was the only interaction with anyone.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazon will likely restrict them. They already restrict certain things being shipped to California.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fuck Kalifornia.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't agree with his sentiment, but this is such a ratarded statement, you have no idea what type of lawn he has and there's plenty of grass lawns in Arizona, even in the desert parts.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't agree with his sentiment, but this is such a ratarded statement, you have no idea what his lawn is made of and there's plenty of grass lawns in Arizona, even in the desert parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't agree with his sentiment, but this is such a ratarded statement, you have no idea what his lawn is made of and there's plenty of grass lawns in Arizona, even in the desert parts.

Frankly, if you're wanking on about eco-sustainability and no gasser lawn equipment and have a green lawn made of grass in Az, you're kind of like the greenie Karen who lives in a 6000 ft house carved out of a pristine forest that had hundreds of trees cut down to make room for it, drives a suburban, has one kid, everything is climate controlled ''just so,'' and who's husband trades in oil futures to pay for it all but wants you to live like a troll in a cave for the sustainability of the earth.

Grass lawns [as in green cut lawn] in Az are pretty eco horrific as far as what is needed to actually sustain them. For that area, they aren't natural.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you live on a postage stamp, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you live on a postage stamp, yes.

I don't foresee electric dominating the jobs where my MS660 runs (actually runs) 6+ hrs/day
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"What do you mean by "carbon neutral"? Wouldn't CO2, CO, and NOX still get produced? I haven't said that I agree with this new law."

The source of the carbon in alcohol is from plant sourced
So from the air back into the air, so neutral
View Quote
I get it now thanks for explaining.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I got rid of my small lawnmower a few years back and replaced it with an electric, because I got a riding mower and only used it for small areas.

It now takes two freakin' batteries that charge forever to do that. And the batteries cost $100 a pop. I should've kept the gas mower.

Batteries suck.
View Quote

My two Ego batteries are running strongly on their fourth year.  Cost a little more than $100 each though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
 I'll concede the point, reluctantly for the sake of argument, for an average yard.  No go clear the fire lane on the back 40.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I bet you like beans in your chili, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you like beans in your chili, too.

HEY! Don’t lump us that like beans in with those anti-ICE people!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Not going to affect me personally anymore, but personally I do like it, those leaf blowers are way way too loud.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not going to affect me personally anymore, but personally I do like it, those leaf blowers are way way too loud.
View Quote

ETA: How about portable generators and people who are affected? Don't care about them because it doesn't affect you anymore?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Frankly, if you're wanking on about eco-sustainability and no gasser lawn equipment and have a green lawn made of grass in Az, you're kind of like the greenie Karen who lives in a 6000 ft house carved out of a pristine forest that had hundreds of trees cut down to make room for it, drives a suburban, has one kid, everything is climate controlled ''just so,'' and who's husband trades in oil futures to pay for it all but wants you to live like a troll in a cave for the sustainability of the earth.

Grass lawns [as in green cut lawn] in Az are pretty eco horrific as far as what is needed to actually sustain them. For that area, they aren't natural.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't change the fact that your presumptive statement about the composition of his lawn is ratarded.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top