BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not exactly true, I've been searched twice over the years.  I've also been asked about bringing in aluminum cans and potted houseplants on other occasions.

The first time I was searched, I had driven across the country and the front of the car was covered in a thick layer of bugs.  I think that is why he chose to search  I knew how tightly the trunk was packed, and thought it would be funny to watch him unpack and repack it.  I popped the trunk, and told him to go right ahead.  He opened the trunk and saw the tetris job inside, said fuck it, and sent me on my way.

The second time I was searched, i was driving a moving truck. They made me unlock the box and open the door.  He looked in from outside for about 30 seconds while traffic was piling up behind me and then told me I could leave.

The bottom line is if you tick enough boxes, they will go for it. (Then you take the long way around).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a bordering state person could make money transporting black market equipment into California.

Check stations in place for produce and other things on the major highways between the borders.

And they check for produce....and only produce....hell...they don't even check, they just ask!

Not exactly true, I've been searched twice over the years.  I've also been asked about bringing in aluminum cans and potted houseplants on other occasions.

The first time I was searched, I had driven across the country and the front of the car was covered in a thick layer of bugs.  I think that is why he chose to search  I knew how tightly the trunk was packed, and thought it would be funny to watch him unpack and repack it.  I popped the trunk, and told him to go right ahead.  He opened the trunk and saw the tetris job inside, said fuck it, and sent me on my way.

The second time I was searched, i was driving a moving truck. They made me unlock the box and open the door.  He looked in from outside for about 30 seconds while traffic was piling up behind me and then told me I could leave.

The bottom line is if you tick enough boxes, they will go for it. (Then you take the long way around).

Aluminum cans??
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
So is the shark move to set up business in state line and Prim?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:01:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Must be interesting for all the arborists and forestry folks. I don't see how electric would really be effective in those jobs working professionally unless I'm just not up to date on current electric offerings... Definitely explains Stihls big jump in to scrambling to create some electric stuff in the past couple years.

ETA:
Stihls "most powerful" battery electric saw
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/battery-saws/msa300co/
20-40 min battery, 16" bar, not recommended for use in rain

Perfect for every professional job
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Our lot is about 65x130 give or take. With two large oaks I doubt electric will blow all the leaves from the back to the front like the Red Max back pack can.  Sometimes it's 10+ contractor bags.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 6:14:33 AM EDT
[#5]
To all the boot licking greenies, let's say the plant goes "green", the U.S., Mexico, China, India, everybody. Then there's a volcanic eruption on an island somewhere. Would that emit more dioxides into the atmosphere then if we burned fossil fuels for years. I could be wrong but maybe the plant has a way of healing itself. Oh, my mistake the government is going to pass laws to stop volcanic eruptions also.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Gas equipment thievery about to get cranked to 11, replacing stolen equipment be costly or require a long drive to Nevada to get a replacement.

Build a store on the Nevada border.. selling gas / diesel trucks / cars , guns, ammo, magazines, insecticide, herbicide, and gas powered lawn equipment , gas / diesel generators, plastic straws, And whatever else daily usage critical items the California dumbfucks have banned
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care equipment.
View Quote
For much of it, yes.  For some of it, no.

Chainsaws being one of those, depending on the use case.  Or really anything that requires power and being run for an extended period of time.

Batteries is where you get truly fucked.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#8]
This thread makes me want to mount 20 or so GAS line trimmers in the bed of my truck, light 'em off at WFO with a zip tie and drive around neighbor hoods in Kali.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]
For sale. Brand new assembled and tested rear tine gas powered rototillers, never used, $800. Many on hand. Call now for best choice.

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Aluminum cans??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a bordering state person could make money transporting black market equipment into California.

Check stations in place for produce and other things on the major highways between the borders.

And they check for produce....and only produce....hell...they don't even check, they just ask!

Aluminum cans??

California  charges a 5 or 10 cent redemption fee when you purchase a beverage in an aluminum can, plastic, or glass bottle.  You turn that container back in to get your 5 or 10 cents back.  A common scam is to drive a bunch or cans in from out if state(without paying the fee), and turning them back in to a  California site to get your highly inflated redemption fees instead or just scrap value.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care equipment.
View Quote

If you like slow and weak shit or have a 25x25 backyard that is perfectly level.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's the problem with fruits & vegetables?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No clue. I cross a number of the check points a half a dozen times a year and have never been searched. As I said in my first post all they've ever asked is if I was bringing in any fruits/vegetables, I answer no and they wave me through. On the occasion I pass through on my motorcycle they have waved me through without stopping and asking.

Guess I don't check enough boxes.
What's the problem with fruits & vegetables?

Invasive pests. California is a HUGE agricultural state.

There's also checks for invasive mussels on watercraft in places. Firewood restrictions. Not just in California either.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
To all the boot licking greenies, let's say the plant goes "green", the U.S., Mexico, China, India, everybody. Then there's a volcanic eruption on an island somewhere. Would that emit more dioxides into the atmosphere then if we burned fossil fuels for years. I could be wrong but maybe the plant has a way of healing itself. Oh, my mistake the government is going to pass laws to stop volcanic eruptions also.
View Quote
They argue you can't control nature but you can control human activity.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, because Californians aren't allowed to drive into a bordering state and buy it.

When they are buying the gas powered equipment, they can also pickup a few cases of windshield washer fluid too.

Because they banned that a few years ago also.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/consumer-products-program/complying-consumer-products-regulations/windshield

Post the part from the link where windshield washer fluid is banned and cannot be purchased here in California.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you like slow and weak shit or have a 25x25 backyard that is perfectly level.
View Quote

Electric has more torque than gas most of the time. And from 0 rpm. And as previously briefed if you have real yards you’re going to be using equipment that’s 25hp or greater anyway.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top