User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He said - she said, no?
View Quote
Unless there is documentary evidence like phone logs, texts, emails, etc and other witnesses then, yes, it would come down to Cohen's credibility. And his credibility is less than 0 at this point. That's exactly why I'm skeptical of the Buzzfeed story.

I don't see how there would be an documentary evidence that would specifically and directly implicate Trump. My suspicion is that the documentary evidence (assuming it exists) would be emails or texts showing that Trump was aware of Trump Tower negotiations and timeline, and that because of that he supposedly knew Cohen's testimony to Congress was untrue.

To complete the circle, Cohen would then have to testify that not only was Trump aware of the Trump Tower negotiations and timeline as the documents supposedly show, but also that Trump is the one who directed him to continue negotiations with the Russians, and then persuaded him to lie to Congress about the timeline and Trump's knowledge of the Trump Tower plan.

Perhaps there is also documentation that implies or demonstrates that Cohen's continued negotiations with the Russians were on Trump's order, but that still stops short of there being some kind of explicit text or email in which Trump essentially says "go mislead/lie to Congress."

That means the most critical part (that Trump directed Cohen to lie) would be based solely on Cohen testifying that Trump told him to lie. And because Cohen has zero credibility, that means it all unravels.

Because they may be able to prove that Cohen's Trump Tower negotiations were at Trump's direction, and even that Trump knew Cohen lied to Congress, but for it to implicate Trump in a crime it would still require Cohen's testimony to be the key piece of evidence. Cohen simply lacks the credibility necessary to serve as the most critical piece of evidence in a criminal case (aka impeachment proceeding).
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Beginning of the end
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
In the two days prior to this information being leaked, information has come out that implies the FBI tried to pressure at least one Trump campaign team member to spy on Trump when he became the sitting President of the United States, and information has also come out that a DOJ official informed members of the team investigating Trump that the dossier was corrupt and politically biased prior to them using it to obtain a FISA warrant.

This was a move in an ongoing game of political chess designed to both try and blunt the damage and to put Trump back on defense.

Neither Buzzfeed nor Cohen have any credibility.  They do not need credibility nor accurate information. This entire debacle was laid on a foundation of lies that are now widely exposed, yet it still continues. They need enough public opinion against Trump to provide cover for Senate RINO’s. 15-20 and Trump can be removed and put in prison.

Senator Graham’s questions in the Barr testimony, in my opinion, strongly imply that he was aware of this beforehand, and is most likely actively working against the President.

Someone who is not a member of the Uniparty in Washington cannot be allowed to survive and be reelected.  Trump will either burn the establishment to the ground or he will be sitting in prison serving as a reminder to anyone who wants to stand up and stop the pillaging of the American people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unless there is documentary evidence like phone logs, texts, emails, etc and other witnesses then, yes, it would come down to Cohen's credibility. And his credibility is less than 0 at this point. That's exactly why I'm skeptical of the Buzzfeed story.

I don't see how there would be an documentary evidence that would specifically and directly implicate Trump. My suspicion is that the documentary evidence (assuming it exists) would be emails or texts showing that Trump was aware of Trump Tower negotiations and timeline, and that because of that he supposedly knew Cohen's testimony to Congress was untrue.

To complete the circle, Cohen would then have to testify that not only was Trump aware of the Trump Tower negotiations and timeline as the documents supposedly show, but also that Trump is the one who directed him to continue negotiations with the Russians, and then persuaded him to lie to Congress about the timeline and Trump's knowledge of the Trump Tower plan.

Perhaps there is also documentation that implies or demonstrates that Cohen's continued negotiations with the Russians were on Trump's order, but that still stops short of there being some kind of explicit text or email in which Trump essentially says "go mislead/lie to Congress."

That means the most critical part (that Trump directed Cohen to lie) would be based solely on Cohen testifying that Trump told him to lie. And because Cohen has zero credibility, that means it all unravels.

Because they may be able to prove that Cohen's Trump Tower negotiations were at Trump's direction, and even that Trump knew Cohen lied to Congress, but for it to implicate Trump in a crime it would still require Cohen's testimony to be the key piece of evidence. Cohen simply lacks the credibility necessary to serve as the most critical piece of evidence in a criminal case (aka impeachment proceeding).
View Quote
Agreed, but unfortunately this is more about influencing public opinion than actually making a solid legal case. They don;t need real proof if they can convince enough people that "he must have done something"
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My guess is Cohen says Trump told him to lie but the "evidence" is just evidence that he lied.  Nothing that backs up Trump telling him to commit perjury.

Also the context of any email or recording of trump telling him to lie about it may not be enough to be criminal. There's a big difference between me telling you to lie to the cops vs me telling you to lie under oath.  Their evidence would have to be specific with Trump telling him to lie under oath.  Not just a general statement made at some point in time that Cohen should lie.
View Quote
While I agree with your first paragraph that the key evidence would be Cohen's word alone, the part I bolded would be extremely bad for Trump.

Soon to Attorney General Barr said that if a President asks/directs someone to mislead or lie in an investigation then it is obstruction of justice. Plus, it is a crime to lie to a federal agent/investigator.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How can a client direct his LAWYER to commit perjury??????
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hooray President Pence
How can a client direct his LAWYER to commit perjury??????
This. Plus, atty-client privilege for any discussions on the matter. Seems they are throwing out the rules with the logic. And Cohen is lying for his own benefit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In the two days prior to this information being leaked, information has come out that implies the FBI tried to pressure at least one Trump campaign team member to spy on Trump when he became the sitting President of the United States, and information has also come out that a DOJ official informed members of the team investigating Trump that the dossier was corrupt and politically biased prior to them using it to obtain a FISA warrant.

This was a move in an ongoing game of political chess designed to both try and blunt the damage and to put Trump back on defense.

Neither Buzzfeed nor Cohen have any credibility.  They do not need credibility nor accurate information. This entire debacle was laid on a foundation of lies that are now widely exposed, yet it still continues. They need enough public opinion against Trump to provide cover for Senate RINO’s. 15-20 and Trump can be removed and put in prison.

Senator Graham’s questions in the Barr testimony, in my opinion, strongly imply that he was aware of this beforehand, and is most likely actively working against the President.

Someone who is not a member of the Uniparty in Washington cannot be allowed to survive and be reelected.  Trump will either burn the establishment to the ground or he will be sitting in prison serving as a reminder to anyone who wants to stand up and stop the pillaging of the American people.
View Quote
Yeah, the specific questions that Graham and Klobuchar asked means they are either extremely prescient, or they had some reason to believe that the criminality of a President directing/persuading someone to lie was about to be a major topic of conversation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Agreed, but unfortunately this is more about influencing public opinion than actually making a solid legal case. They don;t need real proof if they can convince enough people that "he must have done something"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all about the narrative. Keeping the focus off the FBI spying and fabricating evidence. Keep the focus on Trump at all cost. Credibility and integrity be damned.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Public opinion's at a stalemate.  Those putting any stock in this have been in the nevertrump arena all along, and those who support Trump see it as the latest in an endless stream of attempts to discredit him by any means necessary.  Net result is just to raise the irritation level on both sides a notch.  Eventually it'll probably get to the breaking point.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
While I agree a lot of what is going on is about PR and influencing public opinion, we probably disagree on the last part. I'm on the fence as to whether or not Trump did something criminal. I see arguments for both sides as it pertains to that issue.

The current media hysteria is out of control and inflaming things, but I do believe the Mueller investigation is legitimate and that there are serious questions that need to be answered. That doesn't just include any possible criminal acts by Trump, but also political bias in the opening of the FBI investigation, leaks, and whether the FBI/DOJ overstepped the boundaries of the Constitution or their statutory powers. Add in a review of the FBI's investigation of Clinton's emails and any improper DOJ influence that DOJ exerted.

I want all of it be properly investigated. I realize my position on this issue is rather unique, but I think the only way we get past the 2016 election is for EVERYTHING to come out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you really short sighted enough to believe that? Do you really think after seeing the left gaslight Trump out of office and possibly into prison that Pence is going to fight them? That he is going to say hey I want all my friends and family to get the exact same treatment Trump's friends and family got? That any future republican president is going to risk doing anything the democrats don't like.

God if our side is really stupid enough to cheer this we deserve everything that is coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm imagining a world in which Pres Pence gets to nominate two justices to the SC.

That's when the shooting starts...
Are you really short sighted enough to believe that? Do you really think after seeing the left gaslight Trump out of office and possibly into prison that Pence is going to fight them? That he is going to say hey I want all my friends and family to get the exact same treatment Trump's friends and family got? That any future republican president is going to risk doing anything the democrats don't like.

God if our side is really stupid enough to cheer this we deserve everything that is coming.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
While I agree a lot of what is going on is about PR and influencing public opinion, we probably disagree on the last part. I'm on the fence as to whether or not Trump did something criminal. I see arguments for both sides as it pertains to that issue.

The current media hysteria is out of control and inflaming things, but I do believe the Mueller investigation is legitimate and that there are serious questions that need to be answered. That doesn't just include any possible criminal acts by Trump, but also political bias in the opening of the FBI investigation, leaks, and whether the FBI/DOJ overstepped the boundaries of the Constitution or their statutory powers. Add in a review of the FBI's investigation of Clinton's emails and any improper DOJ influence that DOJ exerted.

I want all of it be properly investigated. I realize my position on this issue is rather unique, but I think the only way we get past the 2016 election is for EVERYTHING to come out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may want it, but Mueller has been about one thing since day one: Get Trump.

An investigation, based on lies, that is a coup attempt.

NOTHING more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's all about the narrative. Keeping the focus off the FBI spying and fabricating evidence. Keep the focus on Trump at all cost. Credibility and integrity be damned.
View Quote
As I've told you before, both Trump and the opening of the the investigation should be investigated.

As I said to you in the last thread, I think the FBI has been given too much power (and for that reason likely had statutory authority to open an investigation), and the American public needs to understand the conflict and crisis that occurs when federal agencies and the government have too much power. People with political bias who work at a federal agency can use that excessive power to undermine democracy and the Constitution.

So, if Trump is a victim of that excessive governmental power then that is something that absolutely needs to come out. Same goes for if Trump abused the power of his office and committed a crime.

I don't understand why people see this as an explicitly one-sided affair. If there is wrong-doing or criminality then it needs to be exposed. No matter who or what it is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fucking retards.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#16]
This is Killing the haters

They were on such a high thinking they actually had something
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think we disagree. My issue is that I don't believe we are getting an impartial review on any of that; I believe we are getting a PR campaign designed to damage Trump rather than uncover provable facts. This may not be Mueller's intent, but it's what we are getting whether it's under his control or not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#18]
The Buzzfeed story does not rest on believing Cohen. It says Cohen confirmed what Mueller had learned from documents, texts and other interviews.

Net/net the story indicates that there are multiple sources confirming this information, Cohen is just bringing it to light.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#19]
It's also worth pointing out, if this is in fact true, then Don JR will likely go to jail for a very long time for lying under oath to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Buzzfeed story does not rest on believing Cohen. It says Cohen confirmed what Mueller had learned from documents, texts and other interviews.

Net/net the story indicates that there are multiple sources confirming this information, Cohen is just bringing it to light.
View Quote
The story currently rests on believing two "sources" (and we have no way of knowing if it is really two, or one source being reported through two channels).
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's also worth pointing out, if this is in fact true, then Don JR will likely go to jail for a very long time for lying under oath to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
View Quote
Remind me of what specific lies he told and how they tie into this story please.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
And he just happened to forget all about it while he was being convicted of tax fraud and lying to investigators, stoically keeping mum while he was sentenced to three years in federal prison.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And he just happened to forget all about it while he was being convicted of tax fraud and lying to investigators, stoically keeping mum while he was sentenced to three years in federal prison.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying I disagree, but he has also been cooperating with the Mueller investigation for some time now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Remind me of what specific lies he told and how they tie into this story please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go read his testimony. He said he wasn't involved with trump tower moscow, aside from early work that stopped around 2014. Cohen testifies this wasn't the case , and Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress about it. That is a major,major problem if it is in fact true.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#25]
that's some high concentration pot-kettle-ing right there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why? Comey, Clapper, and possibly Brennan haven't gone to jail for lying to a congressional committee.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#27]
The public doesn't care anymore. It is like the boy who cried wolf. They have been going after Trump so much, it's probably helping Trump instead of hurting him. Every week they have "new evidence that will for sure bring him down!".

Sort of like the Nazi/racist card. If you use it too much, it loses its edge and no longer shocks anyone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Have I mentioned that I am really coming to strongly hate this country and a significant amount of it's voting public?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The public doesn't care anymore. It is like the boy who cried wolf. They have been going after Trump so much, it's probably helping Trump instead of hurting him. Every week they have "new evidence that will for sure bring him down!".

Sort of like the Nazi/racist card. If you use it too much, it loses its edge and no longer shocks anyone.
View Quote
Maybe we can roll back around to grabbing pussies again.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#30]
So this is obviously much worse than lying to the country, and telling others in your administration to lie, that a youtube video was the cause of an attack on our consulate killing 4 Americans including our ambassador.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Have I mentioned that I am really coming to strongly hate this country and a significant amount of it's voting public?
View Quote
Just laugh at them. And the tremendous amount of stress about Trump is shedding years off their life like crazy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Go read his testimony. He said he wasn't involved with trump tower moscow, aside from early work that stopped around 2014. Cohen testifies this wasn't the case , and Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress about it. That is a major,major problem if it is in fact true.
View Quote
Not going to - you threw out an accusation and I asked for supporting information. Are you saying that Cohen testified that Don Jr worked on trump tower moscow later than Don Jr says he did? What work did he allegedly do and when?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You lost me there.

No way an investigation is legitimate with the kind of biased investigators and prosecutors Mueller has working for him. Not only that, the evidence they used to launch this is tainted with bias and is unverified.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I watched an  interview with him on one of the major networks and the way he caged his answers made him seem about as accomplished a lawyer as Lionel Hutz,virtually everything he said would be torn apart on cross examination and should have been had the interviewer not just been tossing softballs for salaciousness. I know Trump only surrounds himself with the best people but this guy isn't nearly as clever as he thinks he is.

At some point,Trump will be probably be found guilty of something. I can't remember the saying but "X felonies per day" holds true of everyone. However,that's not really the goal and the Mueller investigation isn't actually about finding wrongdoing at this point,it's about prolonging everything until the 2020 election. I find it comical that this is what the US government has come to but it's like seeing pictures of Detroit and laughing...it's really not very funny because who will fill the void as America declines is no laughing matter.
View Quote
The world has lived under a bubble of protection by Anglo-Saxon navies since at least 1805. Most don't realize that, and won't grasp why everything turns to shit when it is no longer the case.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#36]
These traitors need to be delt with, I hope the Trump train rolls right over them!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Buzz feed reporter has a history of lying, mental illness and substance abuse

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/18/media/buzzfeed-reporter-jason-leopold/index.html
View Quote
Has Cohen himself backed any of this up?  So far all I've heard is "I talked to a guy who said this is really really true".
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#38]
The number of Democrats that have lied to Congress about infinitely more important things is too numerous to count

Nothing was done

I wouldn't care if this story was 100% true
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#39]
So CNN is just doing their normal bs as always!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As I've told you before, both Trump and the opening of the the investigation should be investigated.

As I said to you in the last thread, I think the FBI has been given too much power (and for that reason likely had statutory authority to open an investigation), and the American public needs to understand the conflict and crisis that occurs when federal agencies and the government have too much power. People with political bias who work at a federal agency can use that excessive power to undermine democracy and the Constitution.

So, if Trump is a victim of that excessive governmental power then that is something that absolutely needs to come out. Same goes for if Trump abused the power of his office and committed a crime.

I don't understand why people see this as an explicitly one-sided affair. If there is wrong-doing or criminality then it needs to be exposed. No matter who or what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laws mean nothing if there is no devotion to constitutional and inalienable rights. They didn't have the authority, as you claim, to initiate this coup attempt. No one gave them this power to break protocol and procedure and subvert the will of the people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
The authors of the story say their sources and information is from before the mueller probe.
The authors also contradict themselves on CNN one say he has seen documents the other say he hasn't.
Might want to listen to both interviews yourself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
The story does not even allege that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I feel like I am beginning to see a pattern that anytime we hear the left yelling "we got him" "its the beginning of the end" that they are actually deflecting attention from a new juicy piece of info just came to light further exposing the democrat and swamp spying operation on the Trump campaign/presidency.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If can’t wait until he gets re-elected in 2020.
View Quote
Same I want to see them all go f@cking nuts
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Investigation of the FBI is not part of the Mueller operation.

You can shout at the sky about what should be true. You’d better start dealing with what actually is true.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
What about all the other people that lied?  Hmm, they're all in jail, so that seems legit.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Fake news.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Whatever happened to this guy taking down Trump?

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He's done for.

https://youtu.be/qjUvfZj-Fm0
View Quote
F’ing. LOL...!
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top