Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Hoax.

Next?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We will likely never know the truth, but it does (perhaps) serve one useful purpose:  Even the most asleep-at-the-wheel sheeple may use an accumulation of such things to begin to realize there is something amiss with the media.  

True, very true.

(asleep-at-the-wheel sheeple- "Didn't you know the media was extremely right wing?")
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We will likely never know the truth, but it does (perhaps) serve one useful purpose:  Even the most asleep-at-the-wheel sheeple may use an accumulation of such things to begin to realize there is something amiss with the media.  

True, very true.

Not so much.

You can dress the ignorazzi up in a red tie and they're still ignorazzi - in other words - the misled are still misled regardless of which side of the playground they end up on.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Please explain the "Republican Revolution of 1994" then.  

Once upon a time, there was a magical land that had a two party system.  

On one Election Day, the party that was in the majority switched places with the minority, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Or am I over simplifying things?

Personally, I found the "Contract with America" to be more Words than Action.

Also, the Revolution skipped Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#8]
This might get interesting, but FOX wil really have to run with it to get any coverage.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain the "Republican Revolution of 1994" then.  

Once upon a time, there was a magical land that had a two party system.  

On one Election Day, the party that was in the majority switched places with the minority, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Or am I over simplifying things?

Personally, I found the "Contract with America" to be more Words than Action.

Also, the Revolution skipped Wisconsin.

You think so?
Even though the house ended up passing 9/10 of the resoutions they said they would?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not like a huge black X button is standard equipment on the control room console. Somebody thought it up beforehand and did it. Nothing accidental about it.

+1

FWIW -- I'm sure you read this too, but apparently the X is there we just usually don't see it.   Whether or not it could be an accident  is something I couldn't comment on.  Seems so unlikely that it was an accident.

Taken from the Reauter article below.
"The "X" image, a place-holding marker used by technicians to cue up graphics, is not supposed to be visible to viewers but was inadvertently projected onto the screen by a malfunction in a "switcher" device, they explained."

today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2005-11-23T143942Z_01_MCC303600_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-CNN.xml&rpc=22

Bullshit.

I work in both graphics AND Broadcast video, there is no such thing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I work in both graphics AND Broadcast video, there is no such thing.

Explain: "Transition begins after 5 frames of black"

CNN says it was a standard graphic noting the beginning
of a segue. I'm not a video guy, but that phrase sure seems
like something that would appear to cue a segue.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out what this actually
accomplishes if it were intentional. My tinfoil just does not
crank down that tight, I guess.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Where is this call from? Does it have a reputable source?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#13]
So the minimum wage complaint taker was in on the CNN strategy move to X the VP.  OK.  Hey, I have these magic beans for sale or trade cheap - PM me and we can work out a deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, folks, it looks like it WASN'T a hoax after all:

From Drudge:

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN NOV 27 2005 17:05:23 ET XXXXX

CNN OPERATOR FIRED AFTER SUGGESTING 'X' OVER CHENEY WAS 'FREE SPEECH'

A CNN switchboard operator was fired over the holiday -- after the operator claimed the 'X' placed over Vice President's Dick Cheney's face was "free speech!"

"We did it just to make a point. Tell them to stop lying, Bush and Cheney," the CNN operator said to a caller. "Bring our soldiers home."

The caller initially phoned the network to complain about the all-news channel flashing an "X' over Cheney as he gave an address live from Washington.

"Was it not freedom of speech? Yes or No?" the CNN operator explained.

"If you don't like it, don't watch."

Laurie Goldberg, Senior Vice President for Public Relations with CNN, said in a release:

"A Turner switchboard operator was fired today after we were alerted to a conversation the operator had with a caller in which the operator lost his temper and expressed his personal views -- behavior that was totally inappropriate. His comments did not reflect the views of CNN. We are reaching out to the caller and expressing our deep regret to her and apologizing that she did not get the courtesy entitled to her. "

Developing...

Good for them. Asshole deserved it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Not really a dupe but here's more info on this....

CNN covering it ass in the X over Cheany’s face incident.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=412578
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.drudgereport.com/vpotus2.JPG

www.drudgereport.com/flash3cnc.htm

I might have missed this in the original thread(or this one), but what does it say under the "X"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top