Page / 109
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate what that State has become.

Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m gonna be serious for a minute. This thread and those of you helping out, it’s a big deal and it means a lot to me because I wanted my son to have the opportunity to own some standard mags and give him some motivation to fight for his rights. My daughter is only 9 but my kids mean everything to me. Hurts a little they didn’t get to know the California I grew up in, which wasn’t perfect but was far better than how it is these days. So I extend my my gratitude, appreciation and thanks
View Quote
Yup this
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
With all this legal fuckery going on, people in CA should just do whatever the hell they want to. Nobody is going to be able to tell one way or the other.
View Quote
You just have to self-identify as an illegal immigrant.  Boom!  No laws apply to you in California.  You can even pick up a police officers gun left in a car and shoot someone dead.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let me stretch your brain a bit. Are you looking at the receipt factor you mentioned earlier as a good to have or a must have?

See I purchased mags but they were off of the EE and probably do not have a receipt attatched to them. But I sure as fuck qualify, just missing "undeniable proof"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IT IS FO TIME FOR MAGAZINE PURCHASING IN CALIFORNIA!!! BUY AT LEAST ONE! BORROW MONEY AND BUY A SINGLE CRAPPY MAG IF YOU HAVE TO!

Every additional person covered by this stay gives it more weight and makes reversing this ruling less possible. It's time to ring a million bells.
Let me stretch your brain a bit. Are you looking at the receipt factor you mentioned earlier as a good to have or a must have?

See I purchased mags but they were off of the EE and probably do not have a receipt attatched to them. But I sure as fuck qualify, just missing "undeniable proof"
I won't try to comment on an individual basis (not my field of knowledge). Here's how I look at it:

The more people with undeniable proof of magazine purchases before the stay, the less possible it becomes to undo this legal trajectory.

The less possible it becomes to unring this bell, the less it will be fought by the state.

The less it is fought by the state, the vaguer the legal claim of pre-stay status can be and still avoid trouble.

If enough people get in on this, the beast will give up the ghost on this issue. Social dynamics at work. Path of least resistance becomes leaving us alone.

People don't think numerical intimidation be like it is, but it do.

Remember the M855 ban? Same thing happened. It became too much trouble (because everyone was pissed off and buying M855), so it just went away, because government is lazy too.

Not many people reacted to the 7N6 ban, so it wasn't stopped.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wouldn't it be a kicker if Judge Benitez was a member here. Just a thought.
View Quote
But the 86 pages, if he were a member it would be 87.

The thought has crossed my mind many times.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:52:15 AM EDT
[#6]
If anyone needs mags, email me at [email protected] - I'm making a store run tomorrow and picking up mags to mail out at re-reimbursement cost plus shipping.  Let me know what you want and how many you want.  Prices will be full retail as I'm buying from local shops.  I'll need paid/reimbursed by 5 PST for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#7]
"IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction
enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in
effect for those persons
and business entities who have manufactured, imported,
sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of
this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.
Dated: April 4, 2019"

If you bought them before Friday, 5 April at 5 PM, you can keep them.  

The Penal Code sections are enjoined from enforcement (shall not be enforced) if purchased during that window of opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in
effect for those persons

The Penal Code sections are enjoined from enforcement (shall not be enforced) if purchased during that window of opportunity.
View Quote
So what does it mean a ‘permanent injunction?’  Does that mean only while the appeal is in process or is that onward forever it applies to those who purchased?!?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:13:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Talk about that Judge, what a fucking Indian Giver.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dude still included a "fuck you" to California. I'm actually still pretty stoked. This is more firearm freedom than has been seen in this state for some time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So what does it mean a ‘permanent injunction?’  Does that mean only while the appeal is in process or is that onward forever it applies to those who purchased?!?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
effect for those persons

Edit: NVM I misread, that is awesome...
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was a calculated move. The judge knew exactly what he was doing and did his best to forward the cause within his capabilities. The stay was coming, him writing it lets him include all the buyers from the last week.

My guess is he's pushing for the 9th to recognize them as common use.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you know how these things work?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, he doesn’t.  Same guy who went on a tirade in the NRA tech forum bashing the NRA in every thread.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:43:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#16]
How’s this work? Payment processed by 5pm pT? Or possession?

PSA is selling cases of Pmags for $960 shipped.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:49:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah
Lets hope this is just the start of something. I think this well end up good in the end. And if it does, it could really set a new pace forward.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:52:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m not sure if anyone is getting my IMs. On the one hand I’m drinking but on the other I saw a red “inbox full can’t send msgs till clear inbox” @jd2395 @brass @thewhitehorse @MILSPEC556 @fmj_shooter
View Quote
@CarmelBytheSea

Strange. I tried to IM you when I saw this and it says you inbox is full too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’m not sure if anyone is getting my IMs. On the one hand I’m drinking but on the other I saw a red “inbox full can’t send msgs till clear inbox” @jd2395 @brass @thewhitehorse @MILSPEC556 @fmj_shooter
View Quote
Go to your sent and inbox folders and click select all for every page then after the check marks appear, click delete.  You're going to have to make some room
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BCM won't even sell a sling to us in MA.  Fuck them.  They won't ever see another dime of my money, and I encourage others to do the same.  The same thing goes for PSA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just let BCM know I’m pretty jaded about sharing the same state with them...you’d think a company would embrace selling freedom dispensers to oppressed citizens, guess those fat .gov contracts speak louder than freedom.  Site sponsor or not, that’s total bullshit on their part.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320626/1D7CD4BF-EE7F-4B2F-8A6A-65B373AB1AE3_png-901484.JPG
BCM won't even sell a sling to us in MA.  Fuck them.  They won't ever see another dime of my money, and I encourage others to do the same.  The same thing goes for PSA.
What did PSA do?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:58:35 AM EDT
[#22]
California Magazine Ban Update with Rick Travis of CRPA
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:00:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:02:58 AM EDT
[#25]
The inevitable trend for California and all the other states is more oppression not freedom.

For those of you who got new mags, why worry what the law becomes? Fact is, you now have them and can use them.

Digging holes in the ground to hide everything is just chopping yourselves off at the knees, until what? the next restriction?

Pretty soon...

Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:03:17 AM EDT
[#26]
When I was stationed at Ord we had an outfit called Esprit De Corps (of something like that) in Seaside.  Is anything like that there now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not sure if they ship to you but try this:

https://grabagun.com/mag-hk-p30-9mm-15rd.html

@testosteroneOD
View Quote
Fuck grabagun
I ordered with them Saturday and haven't seen or heard shit from them . Requests for an order update have gone unanswered also. Take a look at their BBB complaints and I really regret purchasing with them, apparently they are shady scumbags.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Crap, sorry, I’ll try to deal with it tomorrow morning
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@CarmelBytheSea

Strange. I tried to IM you when I saw this and it says you inbox is full too.
Crap, sorry, I’ll try to deal with it tomorrow morning
I'll email you so you can contact me directly later if need be.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:16:11 AM EDT
[#29]
No big deal.  Just claim Sanctuary.
It works in California.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:20:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Agreed.  I love his writings on 2a stuff.  He attempts to address and counter every opposing argument.  They're well-reasoned.

Trouble is, opposing Judges don't always agree on these things.  And this will be a de novo review, so they'll review everything themselves and make up their own minds.

Man, I'd love him on SCOTUS though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe he specifically wrote parts of his ruling to give points of arguments in a higher court.

Example the way he stated that a magazine is the same as a firearm and is protected. Also brought in "common use". I think he was prepping the battlefield.
Agreed.  I love his writings on 2a stuff.  He attempts to address and counter every opposing argument.  They're well-reasoned.

Trouble is, opposing Judges don't always agree on these things.  And this will be a de novo review, so they'll review everything themselves and make up their own minds.

What is stopping someone from using his reasoning in a Amicus Brief?
I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:21:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep, he would be wonderful on SCOTUS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, he would be wonderful on SCOTUS.
If he was 15-20 years younger.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No big deal.  Just claim Sanctuary.
It works in California.
View Quote
Well being I appear to be exempt from the stay, (will need a law expert to explain it out in layman's for me to be sure)

I may be able to build my sanctuary out of pmag's.

<close as I could get.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:24:20 AM EDT
[#33]
In addition to the millions of new standard capacity mags entering the state, just think about the millions of 10/30 mags already here. You know, the ones with the pop-rivet in the front keeping the follower from going all the way down?

How many standard capacity magazines do you think were "manufactured" in the state of California over the past few days using nothing but a drill bit?

Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:24:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone have a line on a 25 round .308 pmag that's in stock and will ship to CA?
View Quote
@Drummerguy1584

If you dont find a site, hit me up and I'll get you one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:29:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In addition to the millions of new standard capacity mags entering the state, just think about the millions of 10/30 mags already here. You know, the ones with the pop-rivet in the front keeping the follower from going all the way down?

How many standard capacity magazines do you think were "manufactured" in the state of California over the past few days using nothing but a drill bit?

View Quote
tan gen 2 windowed, to be exact.

Not crazy about the hole in my mags though. Have a square of duct tape covering them until I find a better solution.

To anyone that did this with poly mags, check that your follower doesn't get hung up when it hits that hole. Mine did, I had to internally sand the flashing down that was made from when they drilled the holes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What is the number of registered 2000 AWB era guns in California? Is it over the 250k mark?
View Quote
Compliance rate was in the 10-20%.
10 years later, I still heard people who thought it was registered when they bought them.
They didn't know there was a separate registration, they had to do.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:35:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If that were the case and the end of it, then my thinking on this whole situation might change.

But that's not the end of it, is it?  Doesn't the law being challenged ban them entirely?  (Destroy, turn in, sell out of state) SB-1446

If the court upholds the law, these mags and the old mags will all be part of the same banned pool of mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no prohibition on the possession of standard capacity mags. once the mag is in the state, nobody cares when it was acquired. You guys from out of state are imagining restrictions that do not actually exist.
If that were the case and the end of it, then my thinking on this whole situation might change.

But that's not the end of it, is it?  Doesn't the law being challenged ban them entirely?  (Destroy, turn in, sell out of state) SB-1446

If the court upholds the law, these mags and the old mags will all be part of the same banned pool of mags.
But maybe the 9th would 'split' the baby.
Go back to grandfathered mags legally purchased.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:37:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
there are 2 separate laws at play here. the older one bans acquiring new mags after a certain date; the other, newer law, bans the possession of mags over 10 rounds. the newer law is the one that was stopped from going into effect  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no prohibition on the possession of standard capacity mags. once the mag is in the state, nobody cares when it was acquired. You guys from out of state are imagining restrictions that do not actually exist.
there are 2 separate laws at play here. the older one bans acquiring new mags after a certain date; the other, newer law, bans the possession of mags over 10 rounds. the newer law is the one that was stopped from going into effect  
Originally yes. But the current ruling threw out the whole enchilada.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:39:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Party's over
View Quote
The party's just getting started for me, snagged a few 20 and 30 pmags for my ARs, and a few 15 and 17 mags for my 92FS, whatever wasn't sold out, lol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The party's just getting started for me, snagged a few 20 and 30 pmags for my ARs, and a few 15 and 17 mags for my 92FS, whatever wasn't sold out, lol.
View Quote
I'll be doing my local store hunt tomorrow morning. Let me know if you need anything.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Party's over
View Quote
We're still partying like it's 1999...

Prince - 1999 (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 3:06:42 AM EDT
[#43]
So can they us actually them in handguns?  Or just have possession only..
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 3:15:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So can they us actually them in handguns?  Or just have possession only..
View Quote

Put down the Bottle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey guys, i received PMs from 3 potential takers for the sig P226 mag.. the first 2 people did not PM me their mailing address. I leave for work at 10am and want to be fair about this and send it to the person who contacted me first.. if i do not receive a PM with your mailing address, it will have to go to the first person (in order of who contacted me) who sent me their mailing address. So far that's the 3rd person in line.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anyone got a line on some SP01 mags? Got a coworker who just had a kid and doesn’t really have the time to hunt some down, appreciate any help.
View Quote
@NorCalRT

I usually buy from Greg Cote, but he is sold out of most stuff...it looks like Stoeger has some (hopefully he ships to CA)
https://benstoegerproshop.com/gun-parts/cz/magazines/
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:47:49 AM EDT
[#47]
On a stupid tight budget, but managed to order a single pmag from primary arms just to get at least one more mag into CA. Every little bit helps
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is a genius idea!

We should get everyone on here to send Newscumb and Becerra all of their empty mag wrappers, just so they can see how many standard cap mags are in the state now!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Decided I'm not waisting good mags on him, BUT I will be mailing all empty Pmag wrappers to:

Governor Gavin Newsom
1303 10th Street, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814

This is a genius idea!

We should get everyone on here to send Newscumb and Becerra all of their empty mag wrappers, just so they can see how many standard cap mags are in the state now!
Get half of ARFcom to send empty P<AG wrappers to you.
Re-send with CA postmark.
Profit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I wonder if retailers are going to continue selling mags after 5pm. If the buyer bought at least 1 mag this week than they can lawfully keep buying more unless the 9th issues a more prohibitive stay.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You mean the ones "a friend" gave to you in the last week?  Or the ones that floated up out of the lake from someone's freak boating accident years ago?  Or the ones left anonymously on your back porch last night from a secret admirer?  I've heard tell there are people from all over the country driving through CA in the past few days leaving gift boxes on doorsteps.

I'm sure the 100 PMags you recently came into possession of LEGALLY are from one of those sources, no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me ask a question: now that the window for standard capacity mags was opened again, can Californians dredge up their sealed mags that have been sitting on the bottom of lakes and ponds and each and every one of them is now legal? You know, the ones that were "lost" when they were banned?

If so, the total number of "newly legal" standard capacity mags in CA might be colossal.
You mean the ones "a friend" gave to you in the last week?  Or the ones that floated up out of the lake from someone's freak boating accident years ago?  Or the ones left anonymously on your back porch last night from a secret admirer?  I've heard tell there are people from all over the country driving through CA in the past few days leaving gift boxes on doorsteps.

I'm sure the 100 PMags you recently came into possession of LEGALLY are from one of those sources, no?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking.

Page / 109
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top