BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People don't get taught economics in high school and most don't pay attention to it, if they even have to take it, in college.

I said this a long time ago to the min wage increase freaks... If you get bumped to $20hr, your manager and everyone else is going to demand an increase, and costs will increase across the board, it will be a zero gain in the end, but they don't listen, because they are stupid.

Now everyone is trying to demand a tip in order to make their employees/position more attractive.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
California is the poster State for Communism.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In Samuel L Jackson, "Sarcasm MF, do you understand it?".

I typed this out a while ago but still like it. Beer may be involved.  

@JLPettimoreIII
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The PA Dems are screeching that minimum wage here is $7.25/hour and they babble that it's $15 in Jersey.

They could eliminate it here with no change because nobody works for it to begin with.

The convenience store nearby starts kids at $17 AND BENEFITS.

I have no idea what KFC pays but it sure the fuck ain't $7.25 or they'd be out of business because nobody would work for them.
View Quote

Maryland raised the minimum wage to $13 and my area borders PA and DE. So instantly the wages of the surrounding areas went up along with the cost of living. Its obvious to most of us that it

drives inflation, but these knuckle-draggers can't figure it out.

I have no idea what the localized inflation rate is here, but I know money doesn't go as far as it did.

My Dad came to visit from the midwest last week and about shit when two sandwiches at Wawa cost me $20
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Well thankfully this isn't happening anywhere else.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pump up those wages, and eventually BurgerBot 9000 becomes a practical alternative to meat-people employees.

Eventually, each shift is just one or two employees who sweep up, handle the cash, and call the techs out when there's a glitch.
View Quote

Sweep up?   I think Roombas have that covered already too.     And ATM / self-pay mechanisms seem to be pretty efficient these days at receiving and disbursing cash.  

Probably the smart folks should prepare to be a repair technician for all these upcoming automated machines.

The people who demand higher minimum wages need to realize that each job has a certain economic value (per hour) to the business, which represents a portion of the profits generated.   If they succeed in mandating a higher wage than the value of the work, then those job positions will inevitably need to be eliminated.

It is like communist countries that mandate selling something for less than it costs to produce.  
Every business will either have to stop selling that product, or will eventually go bankrupt.  
There isn't really any escape from the laws of basic economics.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is the way to filthier motels managed by Patels.

Most are too filthy and broken down to use now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol do you want more robot fast food?  This is how you get robot fast food.
This is the way to filthier motels managed by Patels.

Most are too filthy and broken down to use now.

I was at one in Los Angeles where the sewage was backing up into the bathtub repeatedly (while it was empty and unused).  

But even when they were confronted with the evidence of the obvious residue, they absolutely wouldn't admit that the drain line was backing up.

However, the most disgusting motel I ever came across was in France near the Euro Disney.  
The walls, floor, and bedspread were so filthy that I didn't want to touch anything in the room.  
The management there appeared to be normal French people.
I refused to stay there, even though I had to pay for one night because I had a reservation.  
Instead stayed at a spartan but spotlessly clean Ibis motel.  Worth it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Service based economies do not work.

Spending more than you take in from revenue does not work when you are dumping it into nonproductive personnel/zero return-net loss endeavors.

Non real asset backed currencies do not work.

we’ve been concurrently raping and doing cpr/resuscitation on an economy with all three features for decades.
View Quote

It is worth considering how much longer this current system will keep limping along.  

Make your decisions appropriately.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top