Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure that Pelosi has already turned off her yard sprinkler system to help conserve!
View Quote

She has a drip irrigation system from her catheter.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure that Pelosi has already turned off her yard sprinkler system to help conserve!

High octane fuel.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If only they had a giant body of water next to them and maeans for abundant clean energy by splitting atoms to desalinate it.    That might relive their water and power issues all at once.  

View Quote

To be fair, California can’t be trusted with rubber knives at this point. No nukes for third world nations upwind of the rest of us. Put it all in New York so the fallout of government failure destroys Europe, and make them pay to ship the water by rail.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What’s Pelosi supposed to do without ice for cocktails?  Do shots?

Oh, and her husband, too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahh, good ol climate change, amiright?!?
How about too many people in an area that cant support them?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does everyone in CA refer to the Interstates this way?

Watching "Air Disasters" on the Kobe Bryant crash. The NTSB actors used "the I5".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just drove through the Central Valley on the I-5.................

Watching "Air Disasters" on the Kobe Bryant crash. The NTSB actors used "the I5".

Yes, they do all talk like fags and their shit’s all fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s a southern California thing.  Everyone up here just says 5, 101, 99, etc…
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#8]
10 years ago i was part of a team that was proposing to build 25 combined cycles and piggyback desal plants to each of them up the coast of california. Idiot environmental groups through a fit about a 60' diameter hot brine discharge that sealife always.... swims around. They mothballed that and continued to run out of date power systems and pull from the snowpack up north for water.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Doesn't agriculture account for roughly 95% of California's water use? I seem to remember reading that recently.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Meanwhile, the Resnicks chuckle and say "hold my wine and watch this."
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
10 years ago i was part of a team that was proposing to build 25 combined cycles and piggyback desal plants to each of them up the coast of california. Idiot environmental groups through a fit about a 60' diameter hot brine discharge that sealife always.... swims around. They mothballed that and continued to run out of date power systems and pull from the snowpack up north for water.
View Quote

How does that saying go? ...

Let them eat environmentalists.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Holy shit what a joke of a fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A $2,000 fine per 326,000 gallons of water.
That's not going to stop golf courses from keeping the fairway green.

Holy shit what a joke of a fine.

Essentially a $.006 per gallon water tax. This says the average California golf course uses 90 million gallons of water per year. That’s an additional $552,147 of tax revenue for each average golf course.

$20 says the additional tax revenue won’t go into any programs that’ll actually help their water supply issues during real droughts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#13]
This doesn’t work though. The poor people on postage size lots will cut back water usage but businesses, government, and the wealthy will just pay the fines or higher rates.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Silly humans and their “in recorded history” sensationalism
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#15]
with one recent study calling the current drought the worst in 1,200 years.
View Quote

Damn, that's some bad luck right there!
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Doesn't agriculture account for roughly 95% of California's water use? I seem to remember reading that recently.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A large majority seem to at least. One of the ways you can pick up you're talking to a transplant here if they refer to freeways as "the X".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A large majority seem to at least. One of the ways you can pick up you're talking to a transplant here if they refer to freeways as "the X".
Same here. You can spot a CA transplant to AZ just listening to road directions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Can we mandate all liberals MUST go to California. Then we can announce that Roe v Wade is overturned and AR15's are fully legal in California forever.
The tears of the liberals should keep California wet for centuries.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Same here. You can spot a CA transplant to AZ just listening to road directions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Press Cot

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Lets build a city where it never rains...oops there might be a problem when you exhaust an under ground water supply that took thousands of years to build up.

But let's blame it on "climate change".
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Parlance of our time, I guess

I refer to the local highways here as "the"

The 51. The 17. The fucking 10.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parlance of our time, I guess

I refer to the local highways here as "the"

The 51. The 17. The fucking 10.

Here in Tulsa, it's "The B.A.", "The Tisdale", "The Creek".
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The dismal fuckers just killed off a desalination plant. Let hem dry up and blow away.
View Quote

They really like to bring on the pain to their own people. What was their reason for closing it?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its "the 5", not "the I5". Transplants.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe this will be enough to force some more commies to move back to their shithole states.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They really like to bring on the pain to their own people. What was their reason for closing it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The dismal fuckers just killed off a desalination plant. Let hem dry up and blow away.

Didn't close it - it wasn't built. It was in the planning stages.
Killed because removing some water from seawater makes it more salty, and pouring that back into the ocean would upset the natural balance and make the entire pacific a dead zone within 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s not quite that high, but any measures people take to conserve water has about a 0.00087% to 0.00% affect.

Plus, if you drive around, you’ll see sprinkler heads gushing water along interstates/state highways and at state and city properties.

There’s zero enforcement from what I’ve seen when these measures are implemented, at least in my area.

We need more desal and less dependence on Colorado river water, which actually in the big scheme of things, is a small percentage of total water usage here anyway.  4 million acre feet per year.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he’s referring to HB, it was proposed and they denied the permit to build it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Climate change excuse and not gross mismanagement possibly coupled with bad luck? You decide!

It must be so easy to have that scape goat in your back pocket at all times.

Powerful hurricane? Fossil fuels bad

Cold in the south? Fossil fuels bad!

Warm in the north? Fossil fuels bad!!

Fires? Fossil fuels bad!!!

Water shortage? FOSSIL FUELS BAD!!!!
View Quote

Occasionally razor:
maybe fossils fuels ARE bad...
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#29]
There are some Central Valley members here.

So, the last time that I passed though, all sorts of trees were uprooted. New crops?

Last week I saw grapes and citrus. Looked like new crops.

How does this affect the farmers? Switching from one crop to another.

Water is apparently still an issue. Signs showing displeasure with the Governor.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Yay!!!! Nice and green here in THE KY.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#31]
There is a water shortage in the desert. Who knew that could happen.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Y’all are in for a nasty fire season. Praying you get some rain.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#33]
And a month ago, the fucking retards voted down a desalination plant.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Its a desert. That is its climate, at least for the last several 1000 years or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Its a desert. That is its climate, at least for the last several 1000 years or so.

Not so much as you think. We killed a fuckton of beaver in the US, the missing beaver population is roughly the human population today.

That's a huge amount of water that used to be slowed down and infiltrated. CA used to have a lot more water, and more water used to be transpired/evaporated across the SW states.

Quoted:
Good.  CA needs to fix their own water problems.  They need some pain first to give them a kick in the ass.  

One advantage to being on the wet side in the PNW- the well never seems to run out of water, no matter how much we use.  

Fucking raining today in fact...

It isn't the rain. Much of the SE gets more rain than the PNW does, just get thunderstorms instead of drizzle for a month.

It's the mountain snowpack that really makes a difference.

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I just know they're gonna substitute Bwando soon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

I thought that was a known fact.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Getting rid of a couple million illegals would save lots of water.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
FYI- Tennessee is full.  No vacancies.
View Quote

But I just bought a chunk of land there.  .

Family from there, and most still live there, so technically I am grandfathered in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#39]
In before race based water restrictions?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#40]
They have had decades to prepare for this.  The fossil record indicated that huge decades long mega droughts have happened in the past.  California has spent over a century bullying and steeling water from neighboring states while squandering it like drunken sailors.   For years efforts at installing water desalinization plants have been stymed by the green lobby.  Instead billions have been spent building bullet trains to nowhere.  

Now the bills are coming due after decades of incompetence.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#42]
10 dollar gas/no water. GOOD
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
HAHAHAHAHAHA,

8 million acre feet of water has been released into the ocean through the delta since October.  
there is no real "drought".

Just a plan to manipulate the sheep into compliance.
View Quote

You may want to research the Colorado River levels...... There is a drought, but there is also excessive use from the Kalifornia farms in the middle of the desert. No new technologies used and they refuse to adapt to the Israeli designs, which even Mexico has began to embrace.

We also need to remember they just vetoed another desalination plant last month.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Didn't California vote down a desalination plant?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I have family in kalifornia.  Just for fun I like to call them on FaceTime and leave my kitchen faucet running behind me during the call.
When they ask why I’m wasting water I tell ‘‘em the Great Lakes more than handle our needs and how nice it is to have it running as background noise.

Then I ask if they enjoy using their pool as a skate park.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Interesting comment from a related thread.

My fear is that they will force the Imperial valley to go to the "efficient" drip irrigation systems instead of the current "wasteful" flood irrigation.

Yes, they will save some water, and in about 50 years there will be so much salt built up in the soil that they will no longer be able to grow any crops. It is currently happening in Israel, the inventors of today's "efficient" irrigation systems which drip the water directly to the crop plants and be absorbed and then evaporated by the plant leaves, leaving the salts in the irrigation water in accumulate in the soil. Flood irrigation where water is flowed across the fields, and then allowed to run-off back into the river, allows the salts to be washed away by the excess irrigation water.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If only they had a giant body of water next to them and maeans for abundant clean energy by splitting atoms to desalinate it.    That might relive their water and power issues all at once.  

At some point we are going to have to cut California off the Colorado river and force the to do this since inland states don't have that option.
View Quote

Desalinated water is about 200x more expensive than surface water.

This is the equivalent of asking why Arizonans don't power their air conditioners by having day laborers ride bicycle generators.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on how you do the math, it's about 80% of withdrawals unless you count letting water flow to the sea as a "use," then it is like 40%.

There are a lot of people that would just use all the water and don't give a shit about the plants and animals that need it to survive.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good.  CA needs to fix their own water problems.  They need some pain first to give them a kick in the ass.  

One advantage to being on the wet side in the PNW- the well never seems to run out of water, no matter how much we use.  

Fucking raining today in fact...
View Quote

I grew up in the PNW (wet side) and the well I grew up on has had to be drilled deeper twice in the last 20 years because the water table is falling.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Interesting comment from a related thread.

My fear is that they will force the Imperial valley to go to the "efficient" drip irrigation systems instead of the current "wasteful" flood irrigation.

Yes, they will save some water, and in about 50 years there will be so much salt built up in the soil that they will no longer be able to grow any crops. It is currently happening in Israel, the inventors of today's "efficient" irrigation systems which drip the water directly to the crop plants and be absorbed and then evaporated by the plant leaves, leaving the salts in the irrigation water in accumulate in the soil. Flood irrigation where water is flowed across the fields, and then allowed to run-off back into the river, allows the salts to be washed away by the excess irrigation water.
View Quote

On a long enough timeline ag is going to move indoors and use hydroponics.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top