Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I’m not watching the video.

So let’s get details into this thread…

What precinct in what area?

What was the wording of the warrant?
View Quote

We just need to know which county for a Firemission on the Sheriff's office.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I sure would like to hear the entire story about what actually happened and what the Constable actually served.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Also need to let AG Paxton know
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Not seeing a problem. California likes to take the guns first is all.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Little Suzy's Orthodontist needs a new yacht.
View Quote
Then I don't want to hear any crying when little Suzy's dad doesn't come home.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  Not seeing a problem. California likes to take the guns first is all.
View Quote

If it was a California Red Flag order being served on a Californian in California, that would be California's problem.

It's a California Red Flag order being served on a Texan in Texas by a cocksucking Texas constable, and we need to know what county this took place in.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How about cops just stop enforcing unconstitutional laws. Just following orders didn't fly for the Nazis why should it fly for them?
View Quote
And give up that sweet sweet dental and retirement?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If it was a California Red Flag order being served on a Californian in California, that would be California's problem.

It's a California Red Flag order being served on a Texan in Texas by a cocksucking Texas constable, and we need to know what county this took place in.
View Quote

It is ok as long as there is Due Process.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good luck with that in Texas
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#10]
States often get orders domesticated in other states.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should list what TX judge domesticated it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Huh?! That doesn't make any sense.
View Quote

No, it doesn't.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is why you have to be prepared to actually use your second amendment to defend against intruders committing unlawful search and seizure, unless you prefer the nonviolent alternative of lawfare.
View Quote

That's where we are. Make the ones looking to infringe your right think long and hard before they do it. Enough of them get popped, they'll stop doing it.
You'll never win in lawfare unless your are wealthy, you might not win with violence but you'll send a message.  Now if you'll excuse me, time to make dog costumes with tanerite pouches for my roombas.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It starts around 6:45.
View Quote

Watched it again and it never says this supposed TX resident had his guns confiscated.

It says CA issued a red flag order that was served and then goes into the hypothetical “imagine if your local constable comes and takes your guns”.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No state should honor any unconstitutional warrants or legal docs coming out of california.
View Quote

nics checks are not done at the state level.  I bet if you tried to renew a cwp or buy a weapon and the nics check came back prohibited person you would have a bad day.  

this will last until someone gets popped and fpc/goa gets behind the lawsuit.  then 1-4 years of legal bullshit before ca gets told to fo.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuFxmjteoH4

Just started watching.  I'm baffled.

ETA:  TLDW - A Texas constable has served a California Red Flag order on a Texas man in Texas.

I wanna know what county this occurred in.
View Quote

And people ask me why I view the federal government as an outright active evil.

It is so far gone from waht it should be that it ain't funny.

Fedgov forcing everyone to comply with the most evil states in the union.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Watched it again and it never says this supposed TX resident had his guns confiscated.

It says CA issued a red flag order that was served and then goes into the hypothetical “imagine if your local constable comes and takes your guns”.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  It starts around 6:45.

You are correct.  It is not clear if any guns were seized, or if there were any guns to seize.

Texas should not be serving California's Red Flag orders.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No state should honor any unconstitutional warrants or legal docs coming out of california ANYWHERE, including fedgov.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m not watching the video.

So let’s get details into this thread…

What precinct in what area?

What was the wording of the warrant?
View Quote

Wouldn't it be great if people who openly and bodly refuse to engage with the topic of the thread were muted in the thread?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#20]
We need more info than just "we aren't releasing names to protect the innocent."

Video authors needed to link a news article or say what county or SOMETHING.

"Well I say it's true" is not enough.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#21]
L

O

L

"move
to
a
free
state"

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, I want to know which cocksucking Texas Constable served that California order and what county he works for.  Watch the video - a California Red Flag order was served in Texas & apparently the man's guns were seized.
View Quote

Constable's in TX don't "work for" the county.  He works for his precinct.  And he would be an elected official with attached police duties.  They don't report to anyone technically beyond the voters.

They do however have to maintain good working relations with the sheriff's office and judges in their area.  

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have a very misguided understanding of what a constable is and what their reporting structure is.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:34:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You have a very misguided understanding of what a constable is and what their reporting structure is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  We just need to know which county for a Firemission on the Sheriff's office.

I see that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 1:52:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Come on now, they are just following orders.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yep, You can be red flagged, lose guns, your CCW permit and be banned from buying firearms in your home state. Then you get to fly to CA to resolve it all.

I don't know if other states can do the same or not.
View Quote

Seems like they mentioned NY is similar….I hope the TX guy can sue CA into oblivion……(yes…I know the odds of that happening but still).
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:28:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Once the red flagged is in, that means your guns, ammo and ccw all go bye, bye till it all gets sorted out.

That would suck if your ex's have bone to pick or someone that don't like you.
View Quote

I could see an ex move to CA just to do this….
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:47:28 AM EDT
[#28]
More communist f#@$ery. They should be arrested and returned to their state minus gun and badge. Don't let little children play with guns.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:51:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is ok as long as there is Due Process.
View Quote

Red Flag orders are not about due process.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You do know we’re the patron state of shooting shit, right??
View Quote

So you'd shoot the messenger?
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Apparently it's just that easy to do.  Call the police and file a report, complete an Emergency Protective Order (here) , and it's filed.  On the back it says basically is effective when completed.  I'm guessing it's not long before you're entered into NICS which appears to populate a lot of other data bases.

Now it has to be served to you.  Even if your local fuzz tell them to pound sand I think it's to late you're in NICS. But here is where the real fun starts.  You get a hearing within 30 days to appear in front of a judge to plead your case.  You may not even know the date or location.  You may not even be served for what ever reason.  As already stated you get to fly out to somewhere in California to handle your business.  I guess you could get an attorney and let them handle it, but at what cost $400.00/hr?   What if you're a no show because you can't take off work or don't have the money to fight it?  The judge orders good to go and protective order remains your order is good for five years?

The Emergency Protective Order
Emergency Protective Orders: Emergency protective orders are the easiest types of domestic violence restraining orders to receive, but they last the least amount of time. Unlike other types of restraining orders, any specified California law enforcement officer can issue an EPO, and these types of domestic violence restraining orders go into effect immediately. If a law enforcement officer responds to a domestic violence call, recognizes that one party in the violence is primarily to blame, and determines that the seemingly guilty party should be kept away from the apparent victim, they can issue an EPO on the spot that forces the abuser to leave the home and stay away from the victim, their family, their children, and even their pets. Since these types of restraining orders are so easy to issue, they have very short shelf lives; an EPO only lasts seven days at the most, and in that time, the victim will need to submit official court documents to move on to a TPO if they feel that the abuser is still a threat. From there, an official hearing date will be set, and both the apparent abuser and the victim will be able to state their cases before a judge in an official courtroom setting within 30 days.

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#32]
As full of themselves as they are I'm surprised they haven't granted themselves authority out of thin air to send their own agents to do the confiscations.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's where we are. Make the ones looking to infringe your right think long and hard before they do it. Enough of them get popped, they'll stop doing it.
You'll never win in lawfare unless your are wealthy, you might not win with violence but you'll send a message.  Now if you'll excuse me, time to make dog costumes with tanerite pouches for my roombas.
View Quote

"Those sorts" will never hear that message. It's not in their makeup to accept it. Door kicking types would just bring MORE of them to raid you, and be faster with the violence.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Not seeing a problem. California likes to take the guns first is all.

He’s trolling
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It starts around 6:45.

The bullshit on YouTube gets pretty deep. Thanks for saving me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Could we get a judge from a state with anti-trans-kids laws to start pumping out a shitload of warrants for California teachers?
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Could we get a judge from a state with anti-trans-kids laws to start pumping out a shitload of warrants for California teachers?
View Quote

This is obviously an over-reach by California in their state powers.  I dont' think you'd get a conservative state to do something like this.

You just need the AG of one of the states where one of their citizens has been impacted to sue the state of California in federal court.  I think that's how this will end up going.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I think many of you are missing the entire point.

It ISN'T that someone is going to show up at your door and arrest you/take your weapons because of CA.  Sure, theoretically, it COULD happen, but that isn't the real danger here.

The horrible point IS that someone, literally anyone, in CA can click a few buttons on a form, and INSTANTLY make you a "prohibited person" for firearms nationwide, regardless of what "free" state you live in, regardless of whether the ERO has merit, and regardless of the fact that perhaps you haven't even been to CA in decades, or even ever.  THAT is the reality.  NICS collects and conglomerates such information from EVERY state, not just the one YOU live in.

Can't you see the gigantic problem being illustrated here?
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's beyond disturbing if true!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You are correct.  It is not clear if any guns were seized, or if there were any guns to seize.

Texas should not be serving California's Red Flag orders.
View Quote

California shouldn't have standing to impose their orders on anyone residing in Texas. Their judges should be telling the complainant to re-file if the person moves to California.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top