BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magic.  Or science.  Take your pick.

While you're pondering, take a box with an address on it to both the USPS and UPS.  Make sure the address is to a residence.  One recent example--UPS was $17.00+ and USPS was 9.00+.  Same address, USPS got it there two days faster too.  Like magic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL!!!!! USPS is cheaper? Would anyone care to fucking explain why!!!

While you're pondering, take a box with an address on it to both the USPS and UPS.  Make sure the address is to a residence.  One recent example--UPS was $17.00+ and USPS was 9.00+.  Same address, USPS got it there two days faster too.  Like magic.
I'll take government org for $100 alex.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
USPS delivers to my commercial building business sometimes at 5:30+pm. How the fuck am I going to get mail after normal business hours? Forgeting the fact that sometimes checks for sales are coming in and things need to be shipped out asap after payment, there are countless times where a package doesn't get to me for 2-3 days after the first attempt. FUSPS 
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have more problems with FedEx than all other shippers combined.
View Quote
Funny you say that... Fedex has had my Griffin Armament stuff since Friday and I am still waiting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Only have 3 issues with USPS. First we never know when our mail lady runs. Rural community type mailboxes. Most of the time we get the notice that the package needs to be picked up after it's already 5pm and our PO is closed.

2nd issue we keep getting somebody else's mail marked on our address even though nobody has lived at this address besides us.  

Last issue and more or less UPS. Used to have UPS transfer stuff to USPS for final delivery. See number 1 for that issue. Wouldn't get the package till the next day even though the UPS truck is on a scheduled delivery route for a business at the end of our street. UPS delivers to that business 5 days a week without fail.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Edit:  Or bailouts/subsidies.  That is a third option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL!!!!! USPS is cheaper? Would anyone care to fucking explain why!!!

Edit:  Or bailouts/subsidies.  That is a third option.
I once had a guy buy a motorcycle exhaust from me. He was in the Navy at Pearl. UPS wanted $149 to ship it, USPS shipped it for $70.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So, again....

Why should they be paid for packages that they can’t actually deliver?
View Quote
LOL...You really are bright-eyed aren't ya?

Sigh, the PO is the "secure location" you paid for delivery to since you don't provide a secure enough delivery location at your box.

Fucking hell you should be grateful they don't stick your widget in a Wally World bag and hang it off your fucking mail box like some rural carriers do.

I'm sure if you talked to your carrier and did not act like a fucking dick while doing so they might accommodate you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually have a deaf chick working the counter here
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Still light years better than Amazon Logistics. 
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m tired of paying to have things delivered that never get delivered.

If it’s not a letter, they can’t deliver it.
So why are they getting paid for packages they can’t deliver?

“No secure location”
“Too big to fit in postal Jeep”

It’s a 10x10x12 box and it’s getting delivered to a rural address with a front door that can’t be seen from the road.

Fuck the USPS.

So fucking sick of standing in line for thirty minutes waiting for a mouth breathing troglodyte to hand me a package that I paid to be delivered.

Oh and dont forget you have to drive past the post office to go home and get the god damn delivery notice, because the package can’t be picked up without it.

Third time in two weeks dealing with these stupid lazy bastards.

Motherfuckers
View Quote
I have the same issue. When I lived in the city it wasn't bad unless of course you had to go inside the facility and be face to face with those miserable fucks. Maybe one time in my 45 years have I had a pleasant experience with a USPS employee. I wouldn't be surprised at all to walk in one day and every employee was hanging from a rope. I'd just shrug my shoulders and thing "that took longer than expected!"

If USPS was a private sector business, they would have been gone 15 years ago.

I live on a "rural highway" route and no its not by a highway at all. They are contracted carriers and give 100% less fucks than the USPS fucks don't give. Blows my damn mind how shitty that whole organization is in the golden years of mail order everything!

I hope Costco buys them out, fires everyone and charges Amazon the same price to deliver their shit. All new employees have to go through Southwest customer service school before touching your package
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]
At least stop Saturday delivery.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Your problem is local, not with the entire USPS.

Take it up with your local postmaster.
View Quote
Ya with tenured union employees, that will help.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Funny, I came home today and there was a dirty unmarked jeep backed into the driveway, and someone in plain street clothes who looked odd walking to it. 

I practically flew my truck into them pulling into my driveway and was about to get out and ask them what the fuck they're doing...

Only to realize it was a USPS delivery person 

Real nice, federal employee, not in a rural area, delivering mail in an unmarked vehicle and not in a uniform...
View Quote
Rural mail carriers are not federal employees.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Agreed....

I get a message every week...

"No access", "too big", etc.

They don't even _try_ and claim no access, but a VW beetle navigates the driveway daily, and not once have they shown up on my cameras.

If  they cant deliver, then they need to accepting the business.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’m tired of paying to have things delivered that never get delivered.

If it’s not a letter, they can’t deliver it.
So why are they getting paid for packages they can’t deliver?

“No secure location”
“Too big to fit in postal Jeep”

It’s a 10x10x12 box and it’s getting delivered to a rural address with a front door that can’t be seen from the road.

Fuck the USPS.

So fucking sick of standing in line for thirty minutes waiting for a mouth breathing troglodyte to hand me a package that I paid to be delivered.

Oh and dont forget you have to drive past the post office to go home and get the god damn delivery notice, because the package can’t be picked up without it.

Third time in two weeks dealing with these stupid lazy bastards.

Motherfuckers
View Quote
If only they weren't Constitutionally mandated, huh? 
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

LOL...You really are bright-eyed aren't ya?

Sigh, the PO is the "secure location" you paid for delivery to since you don't provide a secure enough delivery location at your box.

Fucking hell you should be grateful they don't stick your widget in a Wally World bag and hang it off your fucking mail box like some rural carriers do.

I'm sure if you talked to your carrier and did not act like a fucking dick while doing so they might accommodate you.
View Quote
Your .gov subsidized service is a bunch of lazy fuckwads.

They burn more gas hauling the shit back to the post office than it takes 10 seconds to drive to the door get off their lazy ass and put at the adress listed.

And since your reading comprehension so subpar I’ll reiterate the fact that half the time it doesn’t even get put in the mail jeep to be delivered.

Don’t you have some bullshit yard sale score stories to invent for Saturday?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

no.

it is some USPS policy. i also constantly suffer from the same problem as the OP.

i pay to have something shipped to my house. USPS won't deliver to my house. if it don't fit in the box it don't get delivered.
View Quote
I'm in a condo, my mailbox is inside behind a locked door. I get no secure place regularly. Especially Amazon deliveries.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny, I came home today and there was a dirty unmarked jeep backed into the driveway, and someone in plain street clothes who looked odd walking to it. 

I practically flew my truck into them pulling into my driveway and was about to get out and ask them what the fuck they're doing...

Real nice, federal employee, not in a rural area, delivering mail in an unmarked vehicle and not in a uniform...
Last sentence - I'm not a in a rural area. I'm actually in a city off of a main road.

Now if the local USPS has rural mail carriers doing city routes? No idea, and no idea why they would.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL....I love all you "get away from it all" peeps that expect curb service but yet don't even provide your carrier with as much as one of those big-ass rural boxes.

Of the two which one is more likely to have to go to the PO to pick up a package. I suspect it's 660. 664 is GTG for most stuff.

There are other common sense solutions available but I know most GDers that bitch about the USPS would not apply any brain-power to deal with it.....Easier to complain here i guess.

Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Tired, lazy "same 'ole same 'ole" rant OP.
What's your plan for all those "letters" that need delivered, or are we just interested in you today?

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They burn more gas hauling the shit back to the post office than it takes 10 seconds to drive to the door get off their lazy ass and put at the adress listed.

And since your reading comprehension so subpar I’ll reiterate the fact that half the time it doesn’t even get put in the mail jeep to be delivered.
View Quote
Yep.

Had some stuff sent to my office a couple of weeks ago.  Damn box didn't even get on the truck.  Got a notice that said no one was available when the driver came by.  Office opens at 5AM, closes at 8PM.  That's why I had it sent to my work.

I filed a complaint, got a half assed "we strive to do our best" bullshit line that basically told me they didn't care.

.GOV always gives the shittiest service, because there is no accountability.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I've shipped and received many more packages with USPS than I ever have with UPS and Fedex combined and have had fewer problems with USPS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don’t you have some bullshit yard sale score stories to invent for Saturday?
View Quote
I'd not waste my time and put it in the Jeep either since I would be familiar with my route and know that you fail to provide a secure location for the packages that won't fit in your box.

And no, given your attitude I'd not drive it up to your fucking shanty either.

That is a courtesy reserved for those that act decently towards others and don't bear some kind of hateful grudge against the USPS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
... One thing that has always bothered me is the free run to fill my box with junk mail.  There is really no viable way to stop it 
View Quote
'junk' mail is what subsidizes your stamps.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tired, lazy "same 'ole same 'ole" rant OP.
What's your plan for all those "letters" that need delivered, or are we just interested in you today?

A.W.D.
View Quote
Yes because no one else is capable of delivering a fucking letter.

God forbid USPS is made to compete without government backed monopoly on mail.

No one should wonder why it’s cheaper. They’re not accountable and run millions of dollar deficits year after year.

So no it’s just not me and the retards at my local post office.
It’s a top down idiocracy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#26]
What's stopping you from using other shipping services? Stop whining and use another service if they're as bad as you suggest. I've had "issues" with them, but, no more than I have had with FedEx and UPS. I've had packages disappear from all three of them. The only thing that UPS and FedEx does better than USPS is update their Tracking information in a timely manner. That's it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Not this shit again. I've had to deal with shenanigans from all of the Big 3.

Also dig how USPS changed their flat rate box plan around to being basically useless.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Last sentence - I'm not a in a rural area. I'm actually in a city off of a main road.

Now if the local USPS has rural mail carriers doing city routes? No idea, and no idea why they would.
View Quote
Yep I missed the "not in."  That is odd.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'd not waste my time and put it in the Jeep either since I would be familiar with my route and know that you fail to provide a secure location for the packages that won't fit in your box.

And no, given your attitude I'd not drive it up to your fucking shanty either.

That is a courtesy reserved for those that act decently towards others and don't bear some kind of hateful grudge against the USPS.
View Quote
I treat decent people decently.
And decent people don’t collect a check without putting in the work.

I wouldn’t expect a USPS employee to know that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't believe ya'll talk bad about the Post Office! Just look at this efficiently delivered package. This was a box of welding supplies including a 10 roll of wire.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What's stopping you from using other shipping services? Stop whining and use another service if they're as bad as you suggest. I've had "issues" with them, but, no more than I have had with FedEx and UPS. I've had packages disappear from all three of them. The only thing that UPS and FedEx does better than USPS is update their Tracking information in a timely manner. That's it.
View Quote
I can count on one hand the number of times an online retailer gives any option other than time frame.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not this shit again. I've had to deal with shenanigans from all of the Big 3.

Also dig how USPS changed their flat rate box plan around to being basically useless.
View Quote
Please to explain?

I know I use PM less now that 1st Class went from 13oz to 16oz.....I've saved a good bit of money on shipping with that 3 oz increase.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
USPS provides incredibly good service, at a much lower price, compared to UPS/FedEX .
View Quote
Really? Do tell, cause I see it the other way around.

Had package sent over 7 days ago from TX and all of a sudden the tracking stopped tracking on the 28th and haven't heard a thing since. Like it just disappeared.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#34]
So are we (arfcom) going to start our own shipping service? I see complaints of UPS, FedEx and USPS on a weekly basis?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The USPS does not have to deliver to your door, just to your box.
View Quote
You must have a lazy mail-man because that is not the rule. 40 minutes ago my mail-lady walked a trash bag size Kohls package to my door. We get at least one delivery a week. My last house was out in the country. For 10 years the mail-lady drove up my 150' driveway to deliver packages to my front door.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a package from midway on the way

usually takes 3 business days to the door step. I ordered saturday last weekend.

today is the 3rd business day and the tracking has not updated in 48 hours. Estimated delivery is this Saturday.

fingers crossed it actually gets delivered at my house.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Really? Do tell, cause I see it the other way around.

Had package sent over 7 days ago from TX and all of a sudden the tracking stopped tracking on the 28th and haven't heard a thing since. Like it just disappeared.
View Quote
I ordered a vintage holster from a guy in CO on Monday morning and got it today. It came by USPS 1st class parcel shipping. I'd say that's pretty damn quick. Tracking showed it every step of the way.

1st entry....

SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
Oct-30-17, 08:12 AM, PAGOSA SPRINGS 81147

Last entry....

DELIVERED LEFT WITH INDIVIDUAL
Nov-01-17, 13:25 PM, (redacted) 22XXX

That is pretty typical of the service I receive.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I have only had one problem with USPS. Their sorting machine shredded my cable bill.

Other than that I am fairly impressed with their service. My mail carrier is a Cajun gal.

Anything that doesn't fit she rings my doorbell and hands it to me.

If I'm not home then I get a notice and have to go pick it up.

No big deal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#39]
OP you do realize that the USPS is the only option available for rural areas throughout the US right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I like USPS and compare them to McDonald's in the sense that both are essentially herding cats and getting it right 99.9% of the time when it comes to their products and service. You may not like those products and services, and there will be mistakes, but most of the time they deliver as advertised.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
USPS sucks, got email from AMAZON yesterday that they couldn't deliver a package because receptacle was blocked? Don't know maybe a car broke down in front of it or something?
Well today I watch her stop at the mail box, remove letter, put mail in mailbox and drive away. No Package! Called post office, told them what happened they took the tracking number and looked
and said package wasn't at post office and they would call mailwoman. 15 min later stupid ass comes back with package.  
View Quote
Pure fucking unionized laziness right there...

I live on post. Unfortunately, my apartment is right across the street from the Children and Family Center main office, so EVERYONE visiting said office parks in the street in front of the block of housing that I live in, including parking in front of the mailboxes. I have seen the mail carrier parallel park to deliver mail, park down the street and walk up to the mailbox to deliver mail and park in the grass across the street to deliver mail.

Some people take more pride in their work than others.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#43]
They do a great job for me.

For a while Amazon Prime had 40lb bags of CAT LITTER for several bucks cheaper than I can get it here- no tax and free delivery.....

By USPS.

Shoulda seen the guy's face when I told him what was in the box.

Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Just picked up the package and I’m pretty sure this will fit in my mailbox

What excuse will @1srelluc give then?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just picked up the package and I’m pretty sure this will fit in my mailbox

What excuse will @1srelluc give then?
View Quote
So you claim.....I don't believe you tried.

Run down your path from your Res. shanty and see.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So you claim.....I don't believe you tried.

Run down your path from your Res. shanty and see.
View Quote
I haven’t tried, I’m not home yet.

Would you like to bet on it?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#47]
USPS is the only service I don't have issues with. If your individual mail carrier is a douche wagon, it will only take a few calls with complaints to the local branch before you see a new carrier on your route.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
You drive a Dodge?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I like the usps. I've never had an issue and the price is right.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#50]
I made an order with Campsaver on July 28.  It never arrived and they re-sent it.   Towards the end of September the original order showed up out of the blue.  I didn’t make it to the post office until the 13th of October to send it back to them.  It’s still traveling around the country .

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Except for the two week period, this package has been in transit for three months.
Page / 4
Top Top