Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not as impressive when it's with dudes.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's not as impressive when it's with dudes.  

And that's why we have monkeypox.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And that's why we have monkeypox.
View Quote
Owned dozens of cars and bike. Girls like little trucks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Neon-based SRT4s are better. They handle better, and they're actually faster than the Caliber SRT4s because the Caliber weighs a lot more. The Caliber-based SRT4s also don't have an LSD, so the torque steer is ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The caliber srt4 came out of the box with 300hp, iirc. They were pretty legit

The Neon-based SRT4s are better. They handle better, and they're actually faster than the Caliber SRT4s because the Caliber weighs a lot more. The Caliber-based SRT4s also don't have an LSD, so the torque steer is ridiculous.

I saw the Mopar Performance test mule doing laps while developing the stage kits for the CSRT4. It ran with the first viper ACR off the line from that model year with ease. The financial crisis killed the development of everything at the time and was part of the reason so few of them were made. Suffice it to say that if there wasn't the great recession, the story of the CSRT4 would have been much different.

That said, Chrysler had the worst implementation of that engine, and quite a few of them ate themselves. I know I've probably missed the boat on a decent priced SRT4, and I don't want one of the CSRT4s.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep.  I'm probably going to do the BWS setup from Modern Performance.  Only 165k on this thing, and getting a teeny bit of coolant in the oil (according to Blackstone).  Figure it's not a head gasket, probably a seal in the stock turbo.  Might as well drop a wad and upgrade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's usually how tunes come. Stage 1, 2, etc. and to tell someone to stage 0 their car is easier than saying fix yo shit. Or if I'm looking for tune or upgrade recommendations it's easier to just say stage 0 is done so I don't get 100 reply's about fixing my shit.
Mopar sold staged kits for mine.  Going a different route now that those are no longer available.

SRT4 staged kits were the tits...especially the Stage 3R with the intercooler sprayer, high octane setting and bigger turbo.

Yep.  I'm probably going to do the BWS setup from Modern Performance.  Only 165k on this thing, and getting a teeny bit of coolant in the oil (according to Blackstone).  Figure it's not a head gasket, probably a seal in the stock turbo.  Might as well drop a wad and upgrade.
@Dopple

I've never had an SRT4 turbo on my bench, but from past experience, I find it very difficult to believe there is a seal in the turbo leaking coolant into your oil. The center housing could have a small Crack, but its not very likely. Head gasket seepage? Definitely more probable.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I sold my 87 GN in 1997. 25 years ago...and I miss it to this day.
View Quote
Guy I bought my srt4 from still regrets selling it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]

I owned a 1990 GSX, 1991 GSX, 1994 GSX, and a 1993 GSX.  The 1990 was cursed with cap issues and I traded it for the 1991 which I promptly assploded.  Went on deployment and when I was about to come back I bought the 1994 GSX and while I was flying back to the states from overseas the prior owner totaled that car (so although I "owned" it I never saw it).  Finally I got the 1993 GSX which was the unicorn with the 4 bolt rear, steel transfer case, and 6 bolt block.  There was just a 3-4mo window of production that made that combo.  The 6 bolt block was on its way out, for the less reliable 7 bolt block that year.  But at the same time the 3 bolt rear was heading out and the 4 bolt rear was coming in.  I think the steel transfer case was in all Gen 1 GSX's and in 1995 with the Gen 2 they moved to aluminum.

That car was wicked (for its day).  With a mild build (pistons/rods/cams/springs) I was a bit over 500hp on my FP turbo setup.  The weak link was the transmission.  I'd kill those things regularly.  Ended up with a TRE box that lived until I sold it.  

I was stationed in D.C. with that car in the early 2000's when the GM LS was just starting to get figured out.  I'd run 11.1's all day long in that car on the shittiest prep.  Good prep and cool air I was in the high 10's.  

I had a reputation around the PA/MD/DC area.  You do not run the Black GSX with TX plates from a dig.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I saw the Mopar Performance test mule doing laps while developing the stage kits for the CSRT4. It ran with the first viper ACR off the line from that model year with ease. The financial crisis killed the development of everything at the time and was part of the reason so few of them were made. Suffice it to say that if there wasn't the great recession, the story of the CSRT4 would have been much different.

That said, Chrysler had the worst implementation of that engine, and quite a few of them ate themselves. I know I've probably missed the boat on a decent priced SRT4, and I don't want one of the CSRT4s.
View Quote
Any of he survivors like mine probably draw some coin.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@Dopple

I've never had an SRT4 turbo on my bench, but from past experience, I find it very difficult to believe there is a seal in the turbo leaking coolant into your oil. The center housing could have a small Crack, but its not very likely. Head gasket seepage? Definitely more probable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's usually how tunes come. Stage 1, 2, etc. and to tell someone to stage 0 their car is easier than saying fix yo shit. Or if I'm looking for tune or upgrade recommendations it's easier to just say stage 0 is done so I don't get 100 reply's about fixing my shit.
Mopar sold staged kits for mine.  Going a different route now that those are no longer available.

SRT4 staged kits were the tits...especially the Stage 3R with the intercooler sprayer, high octane setting and bigger turbo.

@Dopple

its a mitsubishi td04r.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

I must find the builder of this, find the price of this, and convince the wife of the need for this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

its a mitsubishi td04r.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Dopple

its a mitsubishi td04r.

I don't believe your leaking from internal seals from one to the other then. The small turbos on the earlier Chruslers were TDo4H turbos. I'm familiar 2ith them in that I pull them off for bigger turbos.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

The abs based traction control was weird, but I found that it didn't feel like it was trying to drive into the ditch if you don't try to counter steer it. It'll go pretty straight if you just let it do it's thing.

I didn't own one. I only had an acr neon. One of my good friends had both srt4s and let me flog them pretty regularly.  If you have access to a caliber srt4 and a place to do silly things, try launching it hard in reverse. It's pretty entertaining. Lol
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:12:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Can we do a car meme thread?

No. They always devolve in to brand bashing, bullshitin' and bragging.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:03:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My 911 looks expensive - (because it was expensive ), and it doesn’t get me any more attention from women than my classic Mustang Boss 351 did.

95% of people who want to talk about either car were dudes.
View Quote

Yep, every time I drive the 911 I get a bunch of dudes wanting to talk cars.

I have been flashed quite a few times by some very hot chicks though, but then again I've been flashed while riding my mountain bike.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:28:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496445/screenshot_20191211_131113_instagram_2a4-2474395.JPG

A neighbor of mine has a black one sitting in his yard, dead.
View Quote

My former boss had an RX-8. She was on her third motor.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#29]

I had this happen in real life once. Stopped at a light under a big 8 lane bridge and there was a teenager in a clapped Honda brapabrapping it for all its worth.

I don't care, not hurting anyone,dude just enjoying his vehicle even if sounding stupid. I looked across one more lane though and saw the guy in the 3rd gen poking away at the screen of a tuner. We  had a moment of redneck understanding, the honda must die.

My truck is mostly a stock tow pig but it's a vp44 truck and clatters like a racket. I don't know what that other guy had done but I'd sure like to. Poor Honda guy went from I got a bad stage 87 tuner car to being stuck between 2 diesels building boost. He tried to launch it when the light turned but I'm guessing the mods ended at sewer pipe exhaust since it bogged like a cold chainsaw.

I might not have a neon, but I gots that Holset hurricane for making good noises
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Needs a marks left by a dodge and a picture of oil and broken dreams, I mean pistons
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I had this happen in real life once. Stopped at a light under a big 8 lane bridge and there was a teenager in a clapped Honda brapabrapping it for all its worth.

I don't care, not hurting anyone,dude just enjoying his vehicle even if sounding stupid. I looked across one more lane though and saw the guy in the 3rd gen poking away at the screen of a tuner. We  had a moment of redneck understanding, the honda must die.

My truck is mostly a stock tow pig but it's a vp44 truck and clatters like a racket. I don't know what that other guy had done but I'd sure like to. Poor Honda guy went from I got a bad stage 87 tuner car to being stuck between 2 diesels building boost. He tried to launch it when the light turned but I'm guessing the mods ended at sewer pipe exhaust since it bogged like a cold chainsaw.

I might not have a neon, but I gots that Holset hurricane for making good noises
View Quote
I've Seen a couple neons running hx35/40s. Def a handful without 4wd.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Start at 2:20
Camaro Wheelstander with HUGE Blower!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The abs based traction control was weird, but I found that it didn't feel like it was trying to drive into the ditch if you don't try to counter steer it. It'll go pretty straight if you just let it do it's thing.

I didn't own one. I only had an acr neon. One of my good friends had both srt4s and let me flog them pretty regularly.  If you have access to a caliber srt4 and a place to do silly things, try launching it hard in reverse. It's pretty entertaining. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People piss on Neons - but they're a much more competent car than peeps give credit. Mid 90s they tore up Showroom Stock C 3 or 4 straight - Hueschele took the title in 97. I owned a campaigned car - most  don't have the experiences to judge well it's capabilities.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have been flashed quite a few times by some very hot chicks though, but then again I've been flashed while riding my mountain bike.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 911 looks expensive - (because it was expensive ), and it doesn't get me any more attention from women than my classic Mustang Boss 351 did.

95% of people who want to talk about either car were dudes.

Ive been privileged to have some unique access, so I get to roll a lot of cool stuff.

Besides exotics (Dude! What!! That's a LEXUS?!?!) and comp cars (anything sponsored and liveried gets attention, Lancia or not), one icon, over many examples, gets me engaged consistently.

Attachment Attached File

Seriously tho I don't need your ducks.

A Saab 900 Turbo Cab, any old Alpha, MK 1 GTI or 2CV esp garner surprising interest.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Ooof. That one gets you right in the feels.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Meme away boys!  This is my sons car he has been cutting, hammering, banging on for 3 years now.  Twin turbo (China turbos) LS swapped.  Ghetto rigged to make it to Mustang Week last week at Myrtle Beach.  Week before the event, he was swapping motors with a junk yard engine from Pull A Part.  But he made it, crooked radiator and all.

I’ll give him credit.  He made it happen.  He said a ‘22 GT with a Whipple could not pull away from him on a short street race. He has less money in this car than that guy spent on his Whipple.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#39]
ANYTHING is racecar.
Japanese Dodge vans at a DAJIBAN meeting at Ebisu Circuit

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Meme away boys!  This is my sons car he has been cutting, hammering, banging on for 3 years now.  Twin turbo (China turbos) LS swapped.  Ghetto rigged to make it to Mustang Week last week at Myrtle Beach.  Week before the event, he was swapping motors with a junk yard engine from Pull A Part.  But he made it, crooked radiator and all.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3876/MOFJTv.jpg

I’ll give him credit.  He made it happen.  He said a ‘22 GT with a Whipple could not pull away from him on a short street race. He has less money in this car than that guy spent on his Whipple.
View Quote

There’s a reason a truck block and Wuhan whirlybois is a meme in itself, it just works. And makes good power
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#41]
This thread was cool until all the Dodge Neon talk.

Someone needs to start the OFFICIAL arfcom Neon thread so this one can still be funny.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Someone needs to start the OFFICIAL arfcom Neon thread so this one can still be funny.
View Quote
racecar

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

racecar
http://www.doppleganger.org/stpr2010/IMG_4208.JPG

LOL are you Chris?!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#44]
also racecar.    (With a dixie horn!)

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LOL are you Chris?!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

racecar
http://www.doppleganger.org/stpr2010/IMG_4208.JPG

LOL are you Chris?!!

Haha, nope.  I did have a couple chats with him, though.  Upgraded to a 2003 SRT a couple years after I took that picture in 2010.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Haha, nope.  I did have a couple chats with him, though.  Upgraded to a 2003 SRT a couple years after I took that picture in 2010.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/334993/IMG_2290__Edited__JPG-2475443.JPG
View Quote

Small World - last I recall he was in the Neon at SOFR prolly '18 or '20 (National).

I'll hafta watch your pics more closely

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3876/MOFJTv.jpg

View Quote

Does that car have a lisp?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

Was to reply to the Mustang Week Turbo post, I fail as usual!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#49]
My buddy just sent me this.  Made me chuckle.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top