Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're right.  Man being created out of mud is much more likely.
View Quote
Mud.......Primordial ooze; take your pick.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again,  the hypothesis of Abiogenesis, is quite different from a sky god creating a full blown modern human being out of dirt.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
First of all, not here to bash the Bible, religion etc...

So if Adam and Eve concieved  Cain, Seth and Able, and some nameless daughter, how did they produce?  Was incest OK for that moment?

Never understood how way back when people lived to 900 y.o.,  Was there a different calender or did they eat healthier.

So lets now explain Noah, so him and his family are the only ones left on earth, you know because it rained for 40 days and 40 nights.

How did that family tree work out, was incest ok then too?
View Quote
The answer is yes, incest was not forbidden until Sinai, thousands of years later. After errors began to accumulate in the genetic code.

Noah had his entire extended family with him, several generations.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Cain left and found "his people."  The biblendoesnt say if they were children of Adam or not.

Noah, had to be some incest.

I'm surprised that Noah isn't a bigger "father figure" in the bible
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Again,  the hypothesis of Abiogenesis, is quite different from a sky god creating a full blown modern human being out of dirt.
View Quote
Again what if that was the driver that God used to bring life to the planet?

Hmmm
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Incest was ok. And God made it so no retards were made. Then after a few generations he was all like, "ok, no more  sister poking, or I'll make tards." Says so in Leviticus.
View Quote
If you wrote a book I’d buy it
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Genesis 2:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

I will go with the above verse!   The living soul is what you need to be concerned with.  Not your decrepit decaying body.  That is going back to the worms.  The body is just the "vessel" for the soul.  Your soul is eternal.  Your body aint.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Agreed. When taken as a guide on how to relate to God and your fellow man, The Bible is invaluable. When taken as a science text book, The Bible is useless.

Besides, who came first and who was of what family bloodline means nothing in terms of salvation. If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord and that a God raised him from the dead then you will be saved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the bible cannot and should not be taken literal

do you take homer's odyssey literal

no you don't, does that diminish the lessons it conveys

certainly not
Agreed. When taken as a guide on how to relate to God and your fellow man, The Bible is invaluable. When taken as a science text book, The Bible is useless.

Besides, who came first and who was of what family bloodline means nothing in terms of salvation. If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord and that a God raised him from the dead then you will be saved.
well said

he gets it
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

certainly not

The problem with that is that if you do not take it literal man can corrupt it yet the bibles says it is incorruptible by man. For that to be a truth you have to take it literally.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The Book Of Jubilees (a non-canonical book) sheds additional light on this, starting in chapter 4.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Allegory not to be taken literally.
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hmmm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm
That’s kind of where I am at this point in my life. I’m still having a hard time reconciling the use of evolution and that it possibly negates God’s omnipotence. Then again, what’s to say he didn’t take his sweet sweet time forming life as we know it. Was like, these giant lizzards are cool and all but I want something else, decides that human life and Dinosaurs aren’t congruent and goes asteroid asteroid asteroid. Cool, let’s make people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Genesis 5:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

Yes Cain and Seth had children with one of their sisters.

Incest was not forbidden until Moses (Leviticus) some 2,000 years AFTER Adam/Eve.  You have Lot whose daughters slept with him after the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah.

There is also a theory that Cain and Able were twins but not from the same father.

1 John 3:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

This theory goes that Satan transformed himself into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

1 Timothy 2:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Also there was no conception mentioned between the birth of Cain and able.  Twins can have two different daddys a we now know.

Genesis 4:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

That is why it is said.

Genesis 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Again the above is just a theory.

A theory as to "why did they live longer" would go back to Exonucleases.  They were not as prevalent in DNA, or were not programed as they are now.  What science calls "evolution" is merely adaptations already built in to the DNA.  So when certain criterias are met, then the switch in the DNA gets turned on.  It is code, and most likely has to do with PSALMS 119, and the letters in the Hebrew alphabet vs the pairs of chromosomes?  Again just theory.

Also the atmosphere was different back in Noah's day.

Noah's sons brought their wives with them on to the ark.  So yes the children from them created offspring with each other.

Genesis 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
View Quote
Thanks for taking the time to write all this.

Be nice to turn those DNA switches on
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Evolution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
None of it happened.
Prove it didn't .
Evolution.
Nope

Don't work, even the the atoms floating in nothingness is theory.

I do however believe there were other two legged animals / people and dinosaurs
And I believe the earth is older than 10k yrs also.

Some things we will never be able to know until we die.
We can all have our opinions but that's all.

I don't push religion on anyone and I don't like someone pushing their non-religion on me ( not saying you are, js in general ).

I can use the same type answers non-believers use when saying there is no God.

Ultimately, we'll all find out the truth in the end.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
I just realized after looking at the genealogy chart.  Did God intend every women to have 2 men? Makes one wonder if Abel was never killed, it would be normal societal standards for every home to have 1 women and 2 husbands.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cain married a woman from the land of Nod and bore a son, Enoch. That woman was of no relation.

There were clearly other proto-humans in the region, just none that met whatever standard led to the Fall story.

Frankly, Bible stories make a whole lot more sense enlightened by science than placed in opposition to science.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just realized this after looking at the genealogy chart.  Did God intend every women to have 2 men? Makes one wonder if Abel was never killed, it would be normal societal standards for every home to have 1 women and 2 husbands.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Cain & Able married monkees. Duh.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I believe the fall occurred at the Younger Dryas boundary and the flood at the YD/neolithic, so 12,800 and 11,600 years ago.

The stories themselves incorporate other ideas like the discovery of ethics and so on, they were passed down orally for millennia before they were written down in the form we have now. There are other stories that relate the same events, and the same ideas. Gilgamesh, Atlantis, Buddha starts out in a walled garden paradise too, and discovers ethics due to disobedience, and finds he can't go back to the garden. It's the same metaphor of adulthood.

There was about 60,000 years of relative climate stability and plentiful resources for hunter/gatherers between Toba and the YDB, so the population of Eden was probably quite a bit higher than what made it through the YD into the Neolithic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolution.
As someone who isn't religious

That doesn't prove it didnt happen
I'm not taking sides here, but isn't that pretty much the theory of evolution?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolution.

Evolution would have man being “created” from a species virtually indistinguishable from man.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolution.

No. Not in a biblical sense.
Again, I'm talking about this.
Attachment Attached File

Not abiogenesis and evolution.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#23]
If Chinese/Indian/etc. people came/"evolved"/begat from White people, why is there still White people?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
well said

he gets it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

certainly not

well said

he gets it
No he does not.  Every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.  Even Satan!  Edit:  and even basp2005
Philippians 2:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The definitive article before the word Lord is key.

1 Corinthians 12:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

And you say why is this a big deal?

1 Corinthians 8:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

Matthew 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

And the Bible is above science.

1 Timothy 6:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Lol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So if Adam and Eve concieved  Cain, Seth and Able, and some nameless daughter, how did they produce?  Was incest OK for that moment?

Never understood how way back when people lived to 900 y.o.,  Was there a different calender or did they eat healthier.

So lets now explain Noah, so him and his family are the only ones left on earth, you know because it rained for 40 days and 40 nights.

View Quote
I am a pastor and have been studying this stuff for years.
Adam and Eve (Ish and Isha in Hebrew), had far more children than the three named. In Genesis 5:4 it simply said that they had more 'sons and daughters.'  Who knows how many kids a couple can have in 900 plus years.  Lots. Plus their kids had kids.  And yes, there was incest.  Inscestual relationships do not produce defects early in a race.  Only when gene profiles start to compound during multiple generations of incest.  We see these complications in our attempt to breed 'pure bred' dogs.  And, this is also how the races developed.  Certain genetic traits were amplified after Noah's kids reproduced, ect.  Long lives were necessary to sustain the infancy of a race.  If you recall, the earth was shrouded in a dense cloud cover and watered with the morning dew for thousands of years until the flood.  The flood was the first time that it had rained upon the earth.  Also, water sprang up from the ground along with the rain.  Science has discovered vast aquifers deep below the earths crust that are large enough that if they were caused to come to the surface, it would cover the earth entirely with water.  These cloud covers were paramount to the longevity of early man.  The sun kills us on a molecular level with radiation.  This is what causes aging.  Being protected from the power of the sun by a dense canopy allowed the early men to live for a long time.  Plus, God, the Creator was involve to make certain that happened.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Adam and Eve (Ish and Isha in Hebrew), had far more children than the three named. In Genesis 5:4 it simply said that they had more 'sons and daughters.'  Who knows how many kids a couple can have in 900 plus years.  Lots. Plus their kids had kids.  And yes, there was incest.  Inscestual relationships do not produce defects early in a race.  Only when gene profiles start to compound during multiple generations of incest.  We see these complications in our attempt to breed 'pure bred' dogs.  And, this is also how the races developed.  Certain genetic traits were amplified after Noah's kids reproduced, ect.  Long lives were necessary to sustain the infancy of a race.  If you recall, the earth was shrouded in a dense cloud cover and watered with the morning dew for thousands of years until the flood.  The flood was the first time that it had rained upon the earth.  Also, water sprang up from the ground along with the rain.  Science has discovered vast aquifers deep below the earths crust that are large enough that if they were caused to come to the surface, it would cover the earth entirely with water.  These cloud covers were paramount to the longevity of early man.  The sun kills us on a molecular level with radiation.  This is what causes aging.  Being protected from the power of the sun by a dense canopy allowed the early men to live for a long time.  Plus, God, the Creator was involve to make certain that happened.
View Quote
Eve's hoo ha must have been looser than the health practices of a mexican food truck. I bet if she even thought about laughing she wet herself.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Incest was ok. And God made it so no retards were made. Then after a few generations he was all like, "ok, no more  sister poking, or I'll make tards." Says so in Leviticus.
View Quote
OMFG Im dying
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

..................... Science has discovered vast aquifers deep below the earths crust that are large enough that if they were caused to come to the surface, it would cover the earth entirely with water.  These cloud covers were paramount to the longevity of early man.  The sun kills us on a molecular level with radiation.  This is what causes aging.  Being protected from the power of the sun by a dense canopy allowed the early men to live for a long time.  Plus, God, the Creator was involve to make certain that happened.
View Quote
More reason never to leave moms basement!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

..................... Science has discovered vast aquifers deep below the earths crust that are large enough that if they were caused to come to the surface, it would cover the earth entirely with water.  These cloud covers were paramount to the longevity of early man.  The sun kills us on a molecular level with radiation.  This is what causes aging.  Being protected from the power of the sun by a dense canopy allowed the early men to live for a long time.  Plus, God, the Creator was involve to make certain that happened.
But the Radon, bruh.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Genesis 5:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

Yes Cain and Seth had children with one of their sisters.

Incest was not forbidden until Moses (Leviticus) some 2,000 years AFTER Adam/Eve.  You have Lot whose daughters slept with him after the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah.

There is also a theory that Cain and Able were twins but not from the same father.

1 John 3:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

This theory goes that Satan transformed himself into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

1 Timothy 2:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Also there was no conception mentioned between the birth of Cain and able.  Twins can have two different daddys a we now know.

Genesis 4:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

That is why it is said.

Genesis 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Again the above is just a theory.

A theory as to "why did they live longer" would go back to Exonucleases.  They were not as prevalent in DNA, or were not programed as they are now.  What science calls "evolution" is merely adaptations already built in to the DNA.  So when certain criterias are met, then the switch in the DNA gets turned on.  It is code, and most likely has to do with PSALMS 119, and the letters in the Hebrew alphabet vs the pairs of chromosomes?  Again just theory.

Also the atmosphere was different back in Noah's day.

Noah's sons brought their wives with them on to the ark.  So yes the children from them created offspring with each other.

Genesis 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
View Quote
If there were awards for fucked up mental gymnastics this would receive a perfect ten and the gold medal.
It reads as though it's been constructed to embarrass the the living daylights out of the religious and credible.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, presumably, a person raised far underground, away from all that nasty 'solar radiation', will never age?.
Oh, by the way, the thing about the aquifers?, that's complete fucking nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So, presumably, a person raised far underground, away from all that nasty 'solar radiation', will never age?.
Oh, by the way, the thing about the aquifers?, that's complete fucking nonsense.
View Quote
What does this even mean?

There's no water underground?

Cuz i live in Florida buddy, and we're basically just a sandbar floating on top of an underground river
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is any of that even in the Bible?
If the clouds were that thick, how come it didn't rain for thousands of years?
How come people that live with limited sunlight today don't live longer?
How did plants survive without much sunlight? Didn't Cain grow crops?
Where are these huge aquifers that "science" discovered?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No he does not.  Every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord.  Even Satan!  Edit:  and even basp2005
Philippians 2:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The definitive article before the word Lord is key.

1 Corinthians 12:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

And you say why is this a big deal?

1 Corinthians 8:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

Matthew 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

And the Bible is above science.

1 Timothy 6:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
View Quote
the Creators truth is there in the bible, but be smart, much of it is written by man and man is corrupt
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Cuz i live in Florida buddy, and we're basically just a sandbar floating on top of an underground river
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course aquifers exist.

The problem is this : 'Science has discovered vast aquifers deep below the earths crust that are large enough that if they were caused to come to the surface, it would cover the earth entirely with water.'

Which is a rainbow of shit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Genesis 4:13-17

Why was Cain worried that someone would kill him if there weren't other people?
Who lived in the land of Nod if there weren't other people?
Where did Cain's wife come from if there weren't other people?

The only explanation is that there were other people.
View Quote
So Adam wasn't the first man then?  They couldn't breed with these other humans unless they were the same species.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you have a newsletter?

Quoted:
And, how did they progress from nice WASPY names like Adam and Eve to Meshac and Abednego?

And the back again to Paul, Dave, and Mark?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Perhaps "the breath of life" was breathing a soul into a man, and while there were humanoids of varying degrees of humanness, they were more animal than man. Therefore as the neandrathals and homo sapiens intermingled, the hot neandrathal women were taken as wives by the soul-endowed offspring of Adam and Eve, and children had that self aware soul that was borne of Eden at the Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil.

Is it really that hard to imagine how our scientific evidence jives with biblical teachings?

Genesis 1:26-28 says-
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,

in the image of God he created them;

male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.

But it's not until Genesis 2:7 that the Bible mentions creation of Adam-

2:7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

Note that is say that "God formed a man (not God formed man). Also, in 1:26 it says that god created man to have dominion over the earth, but Adam was created to manage the Garden of Eden specifically.

We don't know that it's definitive that the same "man" created in His image in 1:26 is Adam. So if it's possible that man was created and that Adam was given the Garden to tend, then after the original sin and the subsequent casting out of the Garden of Eden into the world, the world was already populated by the men and women from 1:26

Further in Genesis 4:14 as Cain is banished to be a wanderer of the earth, he says

G3:13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me. 15 But the Lord said to him, “Not so[e]; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[f] east of Eden.

Logically, Cain's fear of being killed must be at the hands of other people since "whoever finds" him can't be just his mom and dad because 1. they weren't in the land of Nod. and 2. they aren't "whoever"

Verse 4:7 says "Cain made love to (knew) his wife and gave birth to Enoch. He already had her as a wife when exiled to Nod.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#40]
because- ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Duh.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You appear to like dumping on post without backing anything up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is what I conclude as well. There were other people outside of Adam and Eve. The Bible pretty much says so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is what I conclude as well. There were other people outside of Adam and Eve. The Bible pretty much says so.
Including Adam's first wife, Lilith.

When the first man, Adam, saw that he was alone, God made for him a woman like himself, from the earth.God called her name Lilith, and brought her to Adam. They immediately began to quarrel. Adam said: “You lie beneath me.” And Lilith said: “You lie beneath me! We are both equal, for both of us are from the earth.” And they would not listen to one another.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Is any of that even in the Bible?
If the clouds were that thick, how come it didn't rain for thousands of years?
How come people that live with limited sunlight today don't live longer?
How did plants survive without much sunlight? Didn't Cain grow crops?
Where are these huge aquifers that "science" discovered?
View Quote
(Cough) Ken Ham (Cough)
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are 3 primary time periods relevant to our progenitors before the flood that are not known to most, but are described in painful detail in The Book of Enoch, which was prevented from being canonized in the 4th Century when they were debating what scriptures would be included.  These periods are:

I. Adam and Eve in the Garden, the fall, banished from the Garden, procreation begins

II. The Watchers (angels assigned to the earth to watch over it) illegally take the daughters of Adam and Eve unto wife, and create an unholy race of giants. The Watchers send Enoch to Heaven to beg for them mercy from God.  The condemnation of the Watchers and their evil seed (giants), the wars of the giants with each other and man, devouring all living things in sight, and the slaughter of the giants among each other by management from righteous angels commanded to ensure they all die before they eat everything and everybody.

III. The Watchers retaliate by teaching surviving mankind (sons and daughters of Adam and Eve) sorcery, witchcraft, idolatry, fornication, "a reprobated mystery".  All of mankind except for a few pure bloods and purest blood possible women (3) are told to build the Ark to pass through the coming deluge, which must be released to cleanse the earth of the corrupted flesh.

Enoch 16: 2-4

2And now to the Watchers, who have sent you to pray for them, who in the beginning were in heaven,

3Say, In heaven have you been; secret things, however, have not been manifested to you; yet have you known a reprobated mystery.

4And this you have related to women in the hardness of your heart, and by that mystery have women and mankind multiplied evils upon the earth.
View Quote
Adam and Eve had many children and grandchildren, great grandchildren, great-great grandchildren.....

They lived to be almost 1000yrs old because their DNA had not been corrupted yet.  That was the normal life cycle for a human being until it was corrupted.

Within the generations of Adam, DNA (flesh) was corrupted, which is spelled out in detail in The Book of Enoch.  The picture that is painted in the Book of Enoch tells the history of the Watchers and their perverse acts against humanity.  The Watchers mated with the daughters of Adam and Eve, producing giants, who killed each other off under a managed program to eradicate them from the earth.  The Watchers retaliated by teaching people sorcery (the reprobated mystery).  This created a generation of beings that could not be inhabited by clean spirits, but would house the spirits of the damned from before the world was, the followers of Satan from the Council In Heaven who chose not to receive a physical body, otherwise known as the fallen angels.

Because of the massive scale of human corruption in flesh and behavior under these conditions, the Deluge was necessary to literally cleanse the earth from all life, with the few remaining humans that had gone into hiding and kept their blood (DNA pure), which was only 3 sons of Noah and his wife, with daughters selected by Noah's sons to go into the Ark.  The 3 young women were distant cousins to Noah's sons, not daughters of Noah and his wife, so there are the 8 that went into the Ark from which mankind re-populated from.

After the Great Flood, some of this corrupted DNA still manifest itself through at least one of the lines of Noah, manifested in the Rephaim, Anakim, and Goliath and his bothers amongst the Philistines.  Any post-flood people of God were ordered to exterminate any giants on contact, hence the commandments to the Children of Israel in the Old Testament.

The ancient monuments, statues, and texts of the Babylonians, Sumerians, Akkadians, Egyptians, Indians, Greeks, Ethiopians, and Dead Sea Scrolls tell of these events.  The ancient accounts of the Titans and other giants are not myths, but are history.

We don't live to be 700-999yrs and have not done so for thousands of years, one possibility being that what little corrupt DNA that made it through the flood cross-contaminated throughout mankind shortly after the flood.  You start to see why there is so much emphasis on bloodlines in the Old Testament, among royalty, and ruling classes throughout history.

Noah was a close descendant of Enoch, his great grandfather, and carried the Gospel teachings through the Flood to be passed down.  Most of Noah's children abandoned these teachings and descended into the valleys and far places of the earth, while Noah went into recluse in the mountains.  One of Noah's close descendants, Abram, came to live with him in his early days when he was evading King Nimrod after Abram's father sent him and his mother off to be hidden after birth.  King Nimrod had sent out a decree to have Noah killed under advice from his sorcerers.

Noah taught young Abram the ways of God, and when Abram returned to Ur at age 56 ( relatively young man then), he chastised his father for worshipping false idols after wrecking his father's shrine.  Abram then fled from Ur through Turkey and down into Palestine, which was promised to him and his seed.  He later became Abraham, and most of us are his descendants.

The literal blood lines back to Abraham are well-known and kept among Israelites (Sarah), Ishmaelites (Hagar), and other descendants of his wife, Keturah.

The biggest challenge anyone who wants to discredit the Bible has-at least as a genealogical and historical document, really puts you in the position of having to erase most people's connection with Abraham, which simply can't be done.  There are billions of people who descended from him, their fathers knew it, and their father's father's knew it, etc.

Once you are forced into accepting Abraham (kicking and screaming as you might), you are now faced with his lineage from Noah.  You seriously then have to question the motive of anyone who is trying to discredit the scriptures contained in what we call the Bible.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
So God just created those people as well?  Are they supposed to be missing a rib also?

....and people believe this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Prove it didn't .
View Quote
Better yet, prove it did.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

certainly not
View Quote
Yet, it is still fiction.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Noise cancelling headphones are your friend when flying commercial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had some guy sitting next to me on a flight do just that.  From Adam and Eve , to Noah, and then every subsequent relative until the present day.

He. Wouldn't. Stop.
Noise cancelling headphones are your friend when flying commercial.
Usually heavy drinking helps.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Prove it didn't .
View Quote
Bzzt you fail basic logic.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top