Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/27/2022 1:17:55 AM EDT
They mention "emissions-free."   I am unaware of any solution besides EVs and the EV power source (electricity) is not emissions-free.

Source

"Canada recently released the first details of its flagship policy to achieve one of its most ambitious climate goals to date — by 2035, every new car sold in the country must be emissions-free. While ambitious, Canada may very well achieve the milestone within the next 12 years. 

Despite veterans like Tesla saturating Canada over the years, the country’s EV sector is still in its early stages. In 2021, only 5.6% of new cars sold in Canada were electric. In comparison, EVs comprised 19% of new car sales in the UK. EVs are even more impressive across the EU and in China, where they accounted for 17% and 16% of new car sales, respectively.

As noted in a report from The Toronto Star, government action and electric vehicle policies have had a notable effect on the sales of EVs across Canada’s provinces. In British Columbia, for example, one in five new cars sold in Q3 2022 was electric, but in Ontario, the ratio was one in 13. Thus, the federal government of Canada announced proposed regulations to achieve its zero-emission vehicle sales targets to even the playing field among provinces.

The new policy in Canada requires automakers to increase the percentage of electric vehicles available for sale in the country. This is because while measures aimed at promoting the adoption of EVs may have no issues stimulating demand, they do not address the issue of supply. A federal policy that pushes automakers to increase their EV supply in Canada would then allow more customers in the country to opt-in for an electric vehicle. "
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
No unforseen consequences there!
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Let them.. and when their leftist society crashes... laugh.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Canada is fucking gay
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#4]
The future is so good it will be forced on you!
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
This isn’t about ev’s or the environment.This push is too big.This is about population reduction and control.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No unforseen consequences there!
View Quote

Quoted:
Let them.. and when their leftist society crashes... laugh.

View Quote

Eventually we will need walls on the northern border, too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This isn’t about ev’s or the environment.This push is too big.This is about population reduction and control.
View Quote

Definitely easy to remotely monitor and control an EV.  Since they're implementing other retarded energy plans I wonder how they plan to charge all of these thing year round?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:39:55 AM EDT
[#8]
LOLNO..
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#9]
does Castro Jr. just run the entire place at his whim or something?... seems to be ramming through all the globalists most sticky, nasty, wet dreams onto Canada weekly at this point..
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Not possible.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:45:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Good thing it doesn't get cold up there, we all know how good EVs are in the cold.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:36:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Gay and retarded? Yup, thats Canada.

Several years ago, the government missed the charger installation goal by a country mile.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:37:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not possible.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:02:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll just leave this here:

Electric car fires = Firefighter Nightmares. #electric #nightmare #firefighter
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:05:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I haven’t seen a Tesla up here in Alaska. There is an obvious reason for it.

Lol Canadians, they will find out.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Its as if kali, Wa and canada are running the same playbook.

I expect oregon to make the same announcement soon
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:56:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Insane. I have a Model Y, love it.  Also have a 2020 Accord Hybrid. The future, a SENSIBLE future, would be hybrid cars. Most of the time it’s running on the electric motor anyway, but when I need the engine, it’s there. It’s the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Many of you are assuming that EVs will be the same in 12 years as they are now…

I am against government mandates, but that is not a good assumption.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I haven’t seen a Tesla up here in Alaska. There is an obvious reason for it.

Lol Canadians, they will find out.
View Quote

Here is a video shot at Tesla's Testing facility in Delta Junction, AK in 2019.

EXCLUSIVE: Winter driving all Tesla cars in Alaskan snow | Sideways Included
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I am sure the children in the Congo that mine the cobalt are very happy to read this thread.

This goal is unobtainable until they find different minerals to build batterieswith..
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeppers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Definitely easy to remotely monitor and control an EV.  Since they're implementing other retarded energy plans I wonder how they plan to charge all of these thing year round?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don’t intend for everyone to have one, wealthy and elites will, everyone else will ride the electric bus.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

BoSanders is correct.

you can't drive to the Capitol to protest...
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Driving to a protest? Gov will shut off your car remotely.  Another pandemic? Can't break lockdown if your car won't start.  This is about controlling your mobility, period.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I am sure the children in the Congo that mine the cobalt are very happy to read this thread.

This goal is unobtainable until they find different minerals to build batterieswith..
View Quote

Yeah we need a whole new technology for energy creation (well, we technically have that in nuclear), delivery and storage in the vehicle.

Someone needed to take the reins on this 20+ years ago and put a real plan together, but politicians are only interested in politics and their term limits. But as noted above, this is about population control and not the environment.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I for one would really like to see how these things are doing in the cold weather.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#29]
There aren't enough lithium mines on the planet to supply this "demandate".  

There likely isn't enough easily accessible lithium, either.  Not one of these governments is considering the waste stream...which is nasty.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#30]
No allowance for hydrogen or fuel cell vehicles?

China must be salivating over this.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Canada keeps going full authoritarian recently.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#32]
lol, looking forward to all of these dates coming n going without achieving these goals...
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The raw materials used to manufacture them have to be sourced first...
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not possible.
View Quote

Agreed...
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#37]
How is that possible. EV aren’t emissions free - unless 100% of the electricity is made from wind or solar or water and then it still isn’t 100% free.  Wtf.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I laugh at emission free
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not possible.
View Quote

Doesn't have to be possible.  It's way out in 2035.  They can quietly walk it back in 2034.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Many of you are assuming that EVs will be the same in 12 years as they are now…

I am against government mandates, but that is not a good assumption.
View Quote

They won't be the same but the rate of technology advancement in the next 13 years would need to be greater than the last 13 years for 2035 to stick.

EVs cover lots of niches really well and I even own one but they won't cover all niches until batteries are 3 times as energy dense at same or less cost.

When an F-150 Lightning can go 300 miles, while towing, in the winter,  then you'll finally be able to say that we've arrived.  Right now I think that scenario would barely yield 100 miles of range.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Driving to a protest? Gov will shut off your car remotely.  Another pandemic? Can't break lockdown if your car won't start.  This is about controlling your mobility, period.
View Quote

That's not an EV problem.  That's an all new cars problem.

There is nothing about electric motors as a form of pushing wheels down the road that makes them more susceptible  to being network connected.

My gas F-150 can be started and stopped remotely from an app too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#42]
If it’s such a great idea why is the government not leading from the front and not buying all electric immediately?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This isn't about ev's or the environment.This push is too big.This is about population reduction and control.

They don't. It's all about power and control over mobility (or your very existence really).

They will push to get everyone on the grid. No more gas heat or cooking, no more woodburning stoves, no more ICE vehicles. No more off-grid living, unless you are a favored minority group.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#44]
If it's so important why wait 12 years? How about January 1st?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They don't. It's all about power and control over mobility (or your very existence really).

They will push to get everyone on the grid. No more gas heat or cooking, no more woodburning stoves, no more ICE vehicles. No more off-grid living, unless you are a favored minority group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This isn't about ev's or the environment.This push is too big.This is about population reduction and control.

It was rhetorical and sarcastic, Castro's bastard is all in on that neoNazi NWO, globalist crap and the urbanites seem to be all too happy to let all of Canada go along with it. I hate it for the rest of Canada.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#46]
It’s funny because Canada is cold.

It’s also so hilarious oh far off it’s just a virtue signal and will likely never happen.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Good thing those charging stations work so well in the cold.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Bet your ass the US tries to one up all the Leftist bullshit and try to do it as well if not sooner
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Insane. I have a Model Y, love it.  Also have a 2020 Accord Hybrid. The future, a SENSIBLE future, would be hybrid cars. Most of the time it’s running on the electric motor anyway, but when I need the engine, it’s there. It’s the best of both worlds.
View Quote

My commuter cars have been Toyota hybrids, and that's all I'll own for commuter cars going forward.  

I've had duel fuel CNG / gasoline in the past, and the fuel cost made sense for it at the time.  But this current market doesn't really make this option attractive at the moment.  I do like the option for other reasons.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp0FFY4oBsg
View Quote

Saw a burned up EV on the road last week. It looked like  it was made of thin white ash
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top