Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He managed to do that without anyone else around him including other agents who are intimately knowledgeable of firearms noticing?  Casing magically disappeared?  All the other agents in the car stood by and didn't do anything to apprehend the real assassin?  You really think he was important enough that an enormous cover up was instituted to save his ass?

Doubt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my theory. And he took that to his grave.

He managed to do that without anyone else around him including other agents who are intimately knowledgeable of firearms noticing?  Casing magically disappeared?  All the other agents in the car stood by and didn't do anything to apprehend the real assassin?  You really think he was important enough that an enormous cover up was instituted to save his ass?

Doubt.
That was the cover up. To avoid embarrassment on the world stage. Killing our own president?

If you look at some of the questionable actions of the secret service afterwards, this scenario would explain it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He managed to do that without anyone else around him including other agents who are intimately knowledgeable of firearms noticing?  Casing magically disappeared?  All the other agents in the car stood by and didn’t do anything to apprehend the real assassin?  You really think he was important enough that an enormous cover up was instituted to save his ass?

Doubt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my theory. And he took that to his grave.

He managed to do that without anyone else around him including other agents who are intimately knowledgeable of firearms noticing?  Casing magically disappeared?  All the other agents in the car stood by and didn’t do anything to apprehend the real assassin?  You really think he was important enough that an enormous cover up was instituted to save his ass?

Doubt.

Two of Kennedy's aides, including close friend David Powers were in the SS car the supposed ND would have came from. How does one not hear an AR-15 being discharged a few feet from your head?

Kennedy aide Dave Powers said, "Someone a foot away from me or two feet away from me couldn't fire a gun without me hearing it,"
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

LMAO, you had better re-read my post.
View Quote

I'm concurring with you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Railroad Supervisor Sam Holland - Witness to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been there, and looked out the window to the X they have painted on the street. A half ass rifle shooter could make that shot easy.
View Quote

I have also been there. I think I could pull it off, and I'm not a fantastic rifleman.

I think I could score a hit out of 3 with a Glock from there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#6]
When I read some books where people discuss shooting I immediately think of some of the threads here where people talk about sex. I have the same "are these guys just repeating what they've hears others say" reaction.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Between the half-dozen vax/infowars threads in GD this morning and now this, something must be drawing the crackpots out. Maybe its the full moon.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've seen arfcommers shoot.

I understand why so many here think it's impossible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one could hit a target at 90 yards.

That's just way too far.

I've seen arfcommers shoot.

I understand why so many here think it's impossible.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some very compelling evidence. Jives with a lot of witness testimony, the ballistic evidence, and some of the cover up items that lead to all the conspiracy talk.
View Quote

The ballistic evidence is recovered 6.5 Carcano rounds not .223. You know they pulled frag out of his head right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bingo...   only a lefty would even attempt firing on a moving target moving to the right.  Oswald was right handed.  The FBI commented that the rifle was zeroed for a left handed shooter... and zeroed by shimming the scope.
We'll never know the truth about the most infamous murder in history.
View Quote

Ummm… yeah?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The FBI commented that the rifle was zeroed for a left handed shooter...
View Quote

Please explain the difference between a right-hand zero and a left-hand zero.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#13]
How does the "stretcher bullet" come into play?

Was someone carrying a .264 bullet specifically to use as a throw down?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’ve seen arfcommers shoot.

I understand why so many here think it’s impossible.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Doubt.
View Quote

How embarrassed would the secret service be if an agent of theirs accidentally killed the president? They would protect their agent that fucked up. Why would they pull the M16:from use a couple days after Kennedy was assassinated?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been there, and looked out the window to the X they have painted on the street. A half ass rifle shooter could make that shot easy.
View Quote
This. I know with my .22 rifle, 12 year old Eitek1 could have done this easily.

This was not as challenging as it appears to be. If you actually go there and look, it's a really close shot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bingo...   only a lefty would even attempt firing on a moving target moving to the right.  Oswald was right handed.  The FBI commented that the rifle was zeroed for a left handed shooter... and zeroed by shimming the scope.

View Quote
Wasn't moving right. Slightly left when I was there.  Just slightly, mostly moving down ever so slightly.
Was moving right when he went by the window, but was shot going down the hill, not driving past.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm concurring with you.
View Quote

Fair enough

It sounded like you were talking directly to me.  I was like WTF

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That was the cover up. To avoid embarrassment on the world stage. Killing our own president?

If you look at some of the questionable actions of the secret service afterwards, this scenario would explain it.
View Quote

THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The ballistic evidence is recovered 6.5 Carcano rounds not .223. You know they pulled frag out of his head right?
View Quote

And the front floor of the car, a fragment from the head shot that cracked the windshield.

This-

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

A 6.5mm projectile doesn't make a 6mm entrance hole, but a 5.56 would.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Is the shot difficult?  Probably-don't think about it much.

Was the US government of the 60's corrupt enough to do that?  Probably.

Is the current US government corrupt enough to do it again?  Trump better watch his back.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I try to read 12 non-fiction books a year. This month's selection on my list was The JFK Assassination: Facts They Don't Want You To Know, by Philippe Cassard.

Cassard is a European. One of his opinions, and he says most Europeans are of the same opinion, is that Americans are nuts or thinking a lone, crazed gunman could have pulled off the shots that happened in Dealy Plaza, Dallas, on November 22, 1963.

In the chapter where Cassard examines ballistic evidence, there was this passage, which I thought arfcommers would find interesting:

...veteran, Carlos Hathcock, the best Marine fighter, confirmed that he had tried to carry out a series of gunshots in Quantico Marine Corps base under the same conditions as those Oswald was supposed to use on Dealey Plaza. Hathcock summed up the impossible task: "Let me tell you what we did at Quantico. We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything ... I don't know how many times we tried it but we couldn't duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did. Now, if I can't do it, how in the world could a guy who was a non-qualified on the rifle range and later only qualified as 'marksman' do it?"
View Quote

Relevant footnotes to the passage:
1. Jesse Ventura   They Killed Our President   2013. Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.
2. Roberts Craig Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza 1994. Consolidated Press

I was alive and remember exactly where I was when I heard JFK was killed, even though I did not understand the implications at the time. I have a book on the Warren Commission Report that I inherited from my father, who, as a Korean War vet and lifetime hunter proclaimed tthat the report was "pure T horsesh*t".

I did not know that Hathcock had participated in the reenactment, or that he had voiced an opinion.
View Quote
I don't give a fuck about a European's opinion on US politics or history.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How embarrassed would the secret service be if an agent of theirs accidentally killed the president? They would protect their agent that fucked up. Why would they pull the M16:from use a couple days after Kennedy was assassinated?
View Quote

Not ONE witness testimony that a guy at ground level popped off his AR from anyone despite multitudes of people being just feet away.

Where’s the physical evidence and eyewitness testimony?

You REALLY think all those agents took it to their grave?

Like I said.  Doubt.  Not a likely scenario.  But it sells books.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And the front floor of the car, a fragment from the head shot that cracked the windshield.
View Quote

They replaced the windshield shortly after the shooting.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What if Oswald just got lucky?
View Quote

What if Ruby valiantly sacrificed his life to give you the right to ask that question 60 years later?

There are many possible motivations for Ruby, but putting the taxpayer to the expense of imprisoning Ruby in order to save the taxpayer the expense of imprisoning Oswald wasn't one of them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#27]
BS. Been recreated mnay times.  

My high school buddies did it with a deer stand shooting into a draw with paper targets. Rifle was an iron sighted #4 Enfield since none of us owned a Carcano.  

For the record, we also duplicated the MLK shooting with the same rifle.

This is the sort of thread that convinces me that a hell of a lot of GD has never touched a rifle outside a video game.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

A friend of mine said the same thing.  He went there.  He's a good shot.  He said the range was closer than most people think and it was mostly a going away shot, not a lot of lead required.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#29]
LOL yeah right. I’ve been on the X’s at Dealy Plaza. You could make those shots with a supported Glock 19 and knowing your holds.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The shots have been duplicated numerous times by decent riflrman for various TV documentaries.
View Quote

Except for Jesse Ventura, who fumbled with the bolt on the Carcano, then proclaimed it a piece of shit due to his inability to properly cycle it.

"I'm a Navy SEAL. If I can't do it, no man can."
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
x10000. That explanation sounds like something from The View where they say shooting a deer with an AR15 spoils the meat.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I think Oswald was a shooter but possibly not the only one. Having been there, a 3 letter guy with a suppressed rifle inside a van in the parking lot above the grassy knoll would have a super easy shot if Oswald missed or did t go through with it.

Could drive the van right out of the confusion as the motorcade tried to get
Onto the Highway.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
x10000. That explanation sounds like something from The View where they say shooting a deer with an AR15 spoils the meat.
View Quote

I would like to see where the FBI actually said that if they even did, or if it’s a context twist.

And then to repeat it as fact… LOL.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ask George Hickey, oh wait you can't. That's why the M16 was pulled from secret service use a couple days after Kennedy was killed.
View Quote

This right here

5.56 to the back of the head. A secret service blunder like that would cause all the lore and mystery we've endured.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one could hit a target at 90 yards.

That's just way too far.

They were shooting at dirt clods or old tvs?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#36]
IDK if OldPainless still posts here, but it would be an awesome Box of Truth to recreate the shots.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

The FBI said something incredible, so we have to treat it as not only credible, but established fact, because Hoover's FBI said it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Three shots in 6 seconds on a moving target With a WWII Carcano?

You must be very good.
View Quote
Moving directly away from you at less than 100 yards.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A 6.5mm projectile doesn't make a 6mm entrance hole, but a 5.56 would.
View Quote
That's a 0.020" difference between 6.5 and 6.0mm. Could you see a 0.020" difference in a gunshot wound? Bullets do weird things when they hit targets, especially soft ones.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, an arfcommer repeating that uncritically has me rolling my eyes pretty heavily.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

the Carcano is nowhere the crap rifle it was made out to be. It had huge numbers for foreign nation buys. It's a pretty decent rifle.
View Quote

Yep the Japanese were buying them as the Type I (as letter i for Italian).   Some parts interchange readily.  IIRC it was an ally procured stop gap as the Japanese Army had dibs on most of the rifle production.  The Naval Infantry got the Type I’s to augment their 6.5 Arisakas.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Honestly, an arfcommer repeating that uncritically has me rolling my eyes pretty heavily.
View Quote
OK non-snarky reply. I have seen some people zero their iron sights differently than I would, but that is usually novice shooters with bad head placement or someone making a bullseye zero. It has never been because they are right or left handed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Except for Jesse Ventura, who fumbled with the bolt on the Carcano, then proclaimed it a piece of shit due to his inability to properly cycle it.

"I'm a Navy SEAL. If I can't do it, no man can."
View Quote

He's a god-damned sexual tyrannosaurus.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#45]
yeah I've been there also. Not that hard of shot. Not a easy shot and Oswald got lucky with the last shot that took off the top of his head. That was almost a miss.

As far as the 6 second thing goes, that is between the shots. He might have aimed for several seconds before the first shot. The first shot starts the clock.

No one talks about the reasons the CIA might have had to want to get rid of JFK.  He was a bi-sexual, drug/sex addict that had caved to the russians on Cuba. Part of the "deal" on the Cuban missle crisis was that the Russians keep how much America caved secret from the American people.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This right here

5.56 to the back of the head. A secret service blunder like that would cause all the lore and mystery we've endured.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ask George Hickey, oh wait you can't. That's why the M16 was pulled from secret service use a couple days after Kennedy was killed.

This right here

But no one else noticed it?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/accidental-assassin-jfk-theory-alleges-secret-service-agent-fumbled-gun-flna2d11634276
No eye witnesses have gone on-record claiming to have seen Hickey firing an accidental shot and the Secret Serviceman denied firing his weapon. And none of the seven other people riding in the follow-up vehicle   five Secret Service agents and two presidential aides   reported a bullet whistling past their heads.

It sounds like he didn't even load the weapon until after the headshot too.
The second chapter of the Warren Commission's report on the Kennedy assassination includes a brief mention of Hickey:

"Special Agent George W. Hickey, Jr., in the rear seat of the Presidential follow-up car, picked up and cocked an automatic rifle as he heard the last shot. At this point the cars were speeding through the underpass and had left the scene of the shooting, but Hickey kept the automatic weapon ready as the car raced to the hospital."

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#47]
It’s always interesting to see how critical certain people are of the “official” story yet they completely throw out all logic and reason in accepting the “alternate” version of events.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
New Rifle Drill

Marilyn Monroe's Revenge

90 yard silhouette attached to a moving toy train.

3 shots.  Par value 6 seconds.
View Quote

Gotta run up the stairs first.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Having been there, the shots weren't really that easy in my opinion.  It's not so much the distance, but the extreme angle down and to the right out the window, plus the fact that the vehicle was moving.  In addition there was extra pressure due to the huge number of people in the area and in the building standing near him.  Could he have?  Yes, and I think being trained by the USMC is what made the difference.  

The theory that a SS agent AD's his AR-15 into the president's head is absolutely shameful.  Total nonsense.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Unless you ignore the laws of physics, JFK was shot in the forehead because his brains and skull ended up on the trunk of the vehicle he was riding in.

Someone "found" Lee Harvey Oswald's nearly perfect bullet on JFK's stretcher on the way into the hospital, as if is it was captured by his clothing and fell there. One shot (the one that passed through JFK's back and hit John Conelly) was definitely fired from behind, whether LHO fired that, remains a mystery.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top