Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Our enemies are too busy laughing, at the demise of the USA, to bother attacking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would have to agree Dems will be a headache to put it mildly
View Quote

I agree with the guy above that our military can beat them , but that would take a president with guts enough to say , General , kill all those motherfuckers and make them wish they’d never fucked with us .

I can see trump saying that  and the generals promptly fuck it up on purpose because they’re all liberals .

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He’s a fucking idiot if he thinks the next war will be like WWII.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I guess the millions of illegals can be the first to go
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On a serious note with the current situation with Biden, China's time to do what they want would be right now.

View Quote

Don't worry, don't get into a rush they have some time, yeah thing can and will get worse.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link below to download the CSIS war game report mentioned in the OP. (Two US aircraft carriers sunk in the "base scenario" yikes!)

??Warning it's +100 pages long.??

I think that if the  ROC was foolish enough to declare independence the PRC would simply mine the harbors on Taiwan, sink any commerical ships going near Taiwan, and dare anyone to try and break the blockade . With no fuel or food coming in the ROC's economy quickly ceases to function and political pressure  rapidly grows to produce a rescindment of independence.

Invasion would be a real "roll of the dice".

The First Battle of the Next War: Wargaming a Chinese Invasion of Taiwan.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/first-battle-next-war-wargaming-chinese-invasion-taiwan

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What about Pringles?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No blood for silicon. The only chips we should care about come in bags and are in bags.

What about Pringles?

NUKE PRINGLES NOW
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#9]
People forget that we are living in about the most peaceful era in history.

War is part of the natural order. Peace is an uncommon luxury. It will end.

Wishing away and wringing your hands over our involvement in a war with China is idle talk and foolish.

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And we still have Dems .....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Democrats had quite a hand in each of those

Lyndon B Johnson

Joe Biden withdrawal

Barack Obama withdrawal

And we still have Dems .....

It’s worse than that I’m afraid.  We still have the Military industrial complex.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I would gladly sacrifice all of my sons so taiwan can make my next iDevice processor.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

Every once in a while, a comment is made, which is stupid on so many levels, that you literally can’t decide which level to work on first.  

Congrats bro. .  Ya got me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It’s worse than that I’m afraid.  We still have the Military industrial complex.  
View Quote

I’ve said it before but wars are going to happen regardless of the MIC.

All I hear every time someone like you parroting that tired line about the evil MIC, is how many more dead troops you’d apparently prefer we’d have.

Bitch about wars, the reasons for them and why politicians start them if you want.

I personally, am happy that the MIC is responsible for saving mine and many, many Soldiers and Marines lives at the taxpayers expense through better weaponry.

Peace is an anomaly. I prefer we outclass potential threats.

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gen Brown's quote from the article...

"A recent think tank simulation studying conflict between U.S. and China forces over Taiwan found the United States defeats China in combat but at a heavy cost. The Center for Strategic and International Studies exercise projected that U.S. and allied forces lose tens of thousands of troops, dozens of ships and hundreds of aircraft in the war."

I don't doubt the capabilities of our military, but I sure doubt the nation's resolve to fight that war.
View Quote

The majority of losses would happen before the question of “National Resolve” plays any part.    

Naturally, China believes they could wear us down if they could stretch it out beyond a couple years.  

The length of our Resolve would be proportional to the manner in which we were attacked.   If China pulled off a Pearl Harbor, we’d be suitably united for a few years.  

America would have to enforce a maritime blockade of China.   We’d have to coerce, threaten or fight every Nation on Earth.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Your daily dose of scare tactics
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm surprised we are still here. Time to go dust off that old Norinco. Let's party like it's 1991.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
China has an exploding industrial base. China is expanding it's influence throughout the Pacific rim. Our answer is to scatter what amounts to Marine defense battalions (Wake Island come to mind?) on tiny islands. The Chinese will do to us what we did to the Japanese. They will out produce us in war materials. They will take the islands that they need. The will cut off, and bypass the ones they don't, leaving the Marines to wither and die.
View Quote

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep, weapons are a skosh more powerful and more precisely aimed than back in those days.

That said, after about 3 years of a pointless quagmire I can easily imagine there being a groundswell of support for a strategy that calls for the complete extermination of enemy population centers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Joint Chiefs think they will be fighting something akin to WW2 they are doing it all wrong.

Yep, weapons are a skosh more powerful and more precisely aimed than back in those days.

That said, after about 3 years of a pointless quagmire I can easily imagine there being a groundswell of support for a strategy that calls for the complete extermination of enemy population centers.

Not even that long.  Early in the war, Chinese saboteurs will disrupt American infrastructure leading to death and privation. This would result in swift retribution against, first, anyone with a Chinese accent here in the U.S.  Then, second, against China itself.  

There is nothing that will energize American anger faster than guerrilla attacks on civilians.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:58:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

They are already here. Just because you haven’t been affected negatively doesn’t mean they aren’t doing damage. Soon their efforts will be more direct and you will understand. It’s better if we take control of the situation and force their hand. The democrats and big business have been colluding with them since at least Bill Clinton
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:00:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Gov, corporations, investors from the USA, West our allies etc ALL made the Chicoms strong and made us weak.
View Quote

Yes, all are traitors. These Judas are beginning to squirm now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"A recent think tank simulation studying conflict between U.S. and China forces over Taiwan found the United States defeats China in combat but at a heavy cost. The Center for Strategic and International Studies exercise projected that U.S. and allied forces lose tens of thousands of troops, dozens of ships and hundreds of aircraft in the war."

I don't doubt the capabilities of our military, but I sure doubt the nation's resolve to fight that war.
View Quote

It will happen very suddenly and it will be catastrophic at home. Anyone who wants to disengage will be a traitor
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:03:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't understand how we could possibly win a war against China. That's like a fetus waging war against the umbilical cord. Until we can figure out the part of the equation where we aren't completely dependent on China for so much of our shit, how do we plan on winning that war?

Are they going to continue exporting goods to us as we're bombing them? Are we going to have the military roll in to man the sweat shops, run the pharmaceutical plants and mine the critical raw materials?

Or do people believe we'd be able to swiftly destroy all their military capacity and get them to cry uncle without firing nukes and they'll just go back to exporting all the shit that we're dependent on them for like nothing happened?

People joke about not needing Chinese rubber dogshit, but in reality they actually make a whole lot of things that we are extremely reliant on.

I think we could take out their military, but even still, we would lose if the imports stop rolling in and this country subsequently goes up in flames.

Step one of a war with China is don't be dependent on them for all our shit
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
LOL.  We can't even defeat the Taliban after 20 years of trying, or keep the Red Sea open for US shipping.

Let alone maintain our troop levels or make enough ammunition or weapons to even fight more than a few weeks against China.

Shut up, General Diversity Hire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"We are the most lethal, most respected combat force in the world," he told the Aspen Security Forum on Friday. "Now, it's going to take all the nation if we go to conflict with the with the PRC, and I'm confident, if we're challenged, we will be there."

LOL.  We can't even defeat the Taliban after 20 years of trying, or keep the Red Sea open for US shipping.

Let alone maintain our troop levels or make enough ammunition or weapons to even fight more than a few weeks against China.

Our objectives will be very different from Afghanistan. Think Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I don’t doubt will will send many human waves of diversity at the CCP. Respect their sacrifice
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:08:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I do not accept your premise.

American grit and determination can defeat any enemy on this earth with shock and awe, doing it in short order.  

It is the powers that be allowing these conflicts to stretch out over many years.  There is not much profit in manufacture of war equipment in peace time, and the politicians must keep the wheels turning to get paid.

I agree with the general's assessment, China would be defeated but at great cost in blood & treasure.  There is currently no stomach for such loss.  We will wake up one morning and read China has occupied Taiwan.  There will be great echoing speeches, fanciful strutting about and mighty chest thumping.  But in the end the world will go about its business not wanting to pay the price to confront China.

And the keyboard warriors of GD will fill pages with rhetoric and eloquent soliloquies of what should have been done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not accept your premise.

American grit and determination can defeat any enemy on this earth with shock and awe, doing it in short order.  

It is the powers that be allowing these conflicts to stretch out over many years.  There is not much profit in manufacture of war equipment in peace time, and the politicians must keep the wheels turning to get paid.

I agree with the general's assessment, China would be defeated but at great cost in blood & treasure.  There is currently no stomach for such loss.  We will wake up one morning and read China has occupied Taiwan.  There will be great echoing speeches, fanciful strutting about and mighty chest thumping.  But in the end the world will go about its business not wanting to pay the price to confront China.

And the keyboard warriors of GD will fill pages with rhetoric and eloquent soliloquies of what should have been done.

You don't understand the situation here. The United State will be in it from the first minute. The initial loss will be heavy. There will be attacks on the homeland. Nobody will get to vote on this.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 2:09:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Isolationism is stupid, and always has been.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.

How did those wars go in Iraq and Afghanistan. Think we won after 20 years. Or Vietnam, I’m sure if we just added more napalm everything would have worked out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.

30,000 in one month alone (March, I think).
View Quote
A thousand infiltrators could wreak havoc on our infrastructure.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I see we are having our weekly/monthly circle jerk about China.  For those of you wondering China is not taking Taiwan by crossing the Strait in troop carriers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't understand how we could possibly win a war against China. That's like a fetus waging war against the umbilical cord. Until we can figure out the part of the equation where we aren't completely dependent on China for so much of our shit, how do we plan on winning that war?

Are they going to continue exporting goods to us as we're bombing them? Are we going to have the military roll in to man the sweat shops, run the pharmaceutical plants and mine the critical raw materials?

Or do people believe we'd be able to swiftly destroy all their military capacity and get them to cry uncle without firing nukes and they'll just go back to exporting all the shit that we're dependent on them for like nothing happened?

People joke about not needing Chinese rubber dogshit, but in reality they actually make a whole lot of things that we are extremely reliant on.

I think we could take out their military, but even still, we would lose if the imports stop rolling in and this country subsequently goes up in flames.

View Quote
First and foremost of which is...electronic components for our own weapons, 40% -- FORTY PERCENT  -- of which come from China.

Cut off Chinese imports, and the US war machine would grind to a halt within a few weeks .
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

One world government is the only answer
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Sidebar question: has CSIS done a report on Domestic Violence Extremists?

I read some DHS brief, and I don't recall what source they used, thought it might have been CSIS.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#32]
War with China would start high tech (assuming no one nukes) and be little like WWII but if it last more than 12 months it will evolve into artillery vs artillery and who can throw the most shit so something like WWI-WWII once uber expensive shit has been neutralized by counter measures

Our biggest advantage like WWI-II is we are over here and war will (likely) be over there
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Don’t worry about Ping-Ping turning off Holosun.  Worry about Ping-Ping turning on self driving China made Tesla, Buick and other shit that turns into a 6000 lb weapon that will rival Mustang Week.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If the Joint Chiefs think they will be fighting something akin to WW2 they are doing it all wrong.
View Quote

They are talking at a macro level. Multinational large scale combat operation working it's way across the Pacific.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

We are committed to war on behest of several Asian partners, Korea, Japan, and Australia to name a few.  If China closes off the SCS they strangle 60-70% of world trade, again making it our problem.  

China needs a couple years to dot some i's and cross some t's.  They need to close a few loops which they are actively working, namely securing resources and economic security outside of the west.  They are building the world's most impressive A2AD bubble out of obscene missile depth to prevent us from coming to them. Ultimately, they don't want to fight us.  They want to seize an enormous amount of power and have the west be powerless to stop it.  They have us tied up in never ending bonfires in CENTCOM and Ukraine designed to strip us of what we would need to stop them, basically ballistic missile defense interceptors and long range strike capability in depth.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In our current clown climate , if an R is the president the Democrats would help the Chinese .
If it’s a dem they would draft every son and daughter of registered R voters and send them to get slaughtered after giving the Chinese the battle plan .

View Quote

Brilliant synopsis.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not even that long.  Early in the war, Chinese saboteurs will disrupt American infrastructure leading to death and privation. This would result in swift retribution against, first, anyone with a Chinese accent here in the U.S.  Then, second, against China itself.  

There is nothing that will energize American anger faster than guerrilla attacks on civilians.
View Quote

Besides, you know, touching our boats.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no structured return to agrarian and sound money but it is inevitable and necessary for freedom to continue to exist.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
First and foremost of which is...electronic components for our own weapons, 40% -- FORTY PERCENT  -- of which come from China.

Cut off Chinese imports, and the US war machine would grind to a halt within a few weeks .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah. Words can't express how happy I am to learn you are also going to post why China is right and we are wrong in this issue as well. Pls PM me talking points so I can help.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I thought Ping Ping had her finger up swallwell's butt.
View Quote

Well, that’s where he keeps his holosun.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's interesting - cuz less than a year ago the Admiral in command of the Pacific fleet said China'd hand us our ass.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The gotaways are what concern me and should concern you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

30,000 in one month alone (March, I think).

The gotaways are what concern me and should concern you.

Them too.

There's a reason they didn't want to encounter border agents.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They are talking at a macro level. Multinational large scale combat operation working it's way across the Pacific.
View Quote

This is correct but I can’t help myself from ever poking fun at most generals
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yep.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam , all of them are bastions of Liberty and prosperity

View Quote

That's what the folks that repeat the shit about isolationism fail to acknowledge, lots of times when we intervene, things turn out worse than if we had done nothing. It's like they don't give a shit, as long as we do something. Anything.

I guess they think we are still the same country as we were in the early to mid 20th century. That country would want nothing to do with the dumpster fire we have become.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed. No way we can commit to loses like that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's not a binary equation; nation-building doesn't have to be the only alternative to shoving our collective heads in the sand.
View Quote

Until we fight a total war again like WWII, what makes you think we have it in us to? We of  course have the military capability but lack the political will. Do you see that changing?

If 9/11 happened today, at least 30% of natural born citizens would dance with joy. You can not raise and indoctrinate children to hate a country then expect them to do whatever is necessary to defend the country they were carefully taught to hate. How would that even work?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top