BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does this mean black people can absorb and feed off radiation?
View Quote
"Black Girl Magic"
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#2]

EDITED - DAMN!  Beaten to It...  
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you tell the Chinese it makes their dick bigger/hard. They'll poach it to extinction. Maybe we should tell the Chinese that snorting Tide Pods laced with Cyanide will make their dicks bigger.
View Quote
Nah, won't work. Has to be somewhat rare. Tide pods or cyanide are not rare.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#4]
It's an energy source that has few, if any organisms to exploit it.  Something is gonna come valong and take advantage of free food!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I read about this fungus awhile ago.

Once SpaceXs Starship or some other functional heavy lift system is operational, humanity is going to start expanding out into the solar system. In order to accomplish this power sources will be needed. Solar alone won't cut it. I believe that the best energy source will be Molten Salt Reactors with a synthetic diamond moderated core. As opposed to a graphite moderator.

I also believe this fungus will play a role. What I would like to do is splice it with psychedelic mushrooms. Just to see what would happen. And to create an absolutely irresistible super drug that will be used to finance further mad science. In time I believe that these technologies will be combined into 'living spaceships'.

After the dinosaurs were wiped out fungal life forms were the first to come back. They are tough and adaptable. That said. If we do wind up making living spaceships out of this stuff I do hope they will come out looking more like this.

Attachment Attached File

And less like this.

Attachment Attached File

When it's supposed to look like this.

Attachment Attached File

When your starship starts growing tendrils and whispering to the crew of unspeakable atrocities it's time to call off the shakedown cruise.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everything becomes rare if you let it hang around insecure Chinese long enough.
View Quote
The Chinese people have exterminated their yin energy down to almost nothing and their yang energy is chopped to the bone. An entire generation of the most gelded males you can imagine. Held in an inescapable straightjacket of social credit scores and communist party regulations. Millions of spoiled only children who will face a lifetime of taking care of dozens of crotchety, traumatized old people who won't ever stop shrieking about how bad they had it and how good the young people have it.

And some people here think they are going to rule the world. That country is one serious crisis away from eating itself and, oh look, what's happening right now...?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, no...It's the Andromeda shroom...
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Magic mushrooms?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's not great, not terrible news.
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The planet can cure itself if it gets rid of the virus (humanity)
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Once again, I'm comfortable with the thought that the universe is teaming with life. Everywhere we look, there is life on this planet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#15]
This is a bit old news, but if it is actually generating energy, that is a big deal. That is autotrophy, and a whole new class of it. Characterizing the full mechanism would be a huge discovery.

Same pigment, eumelanin, is correlated with birds in the exclusion zone that are healthier than birds experiencing normal background. From 2014 -
https://m.phys.org/news/2014-04-chernobyl-birds-ionising.html

"The results revealed that with increasing background radiation, the birds' body condition and glutathione levels increased and oxidative stress and DNA damage decreased. They also showed that birds which produce larger amounts of pheomelanin and lower amounts of eumelanin pay a cost in terms of poorer body condition, decreased glutathione and increased oxidative stress and DNA damage."
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Once SpaceXs Starship or some other functional heavy lift system is operational, humanity is going to start expanding out into the solar system. In order to accomplish this power sources will be needed. Solar alone won't cut it. I believe that the best energy source will be Molten Salt Reactors with a synthetic diamond moderated core. As opposed to a graphite moderator.

I also believe this fungus will play a role. What I would like to do is splice it with psychedelic mushrooms. Just to see what would happen. And to create an absolutely irresistible super drug that will be used to finance further mad science. In time I believe that these technologies will be combined into 'living spaceships'.

After the dinosaurs were wiped out fungal life forms were the first to come back. They are tough and adaptable. That said. If we do wind up making living spaceships out of this stuff I do hope they will come out looking more like this.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1264352.JPG

And less like this.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1264349.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1264356.JPG

When your starship starts growing tendrils and whispering to the crew of unspeakable atrocities it's time to call off the shakedown cruise.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's not great, not terrible news.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
probably one of the best, if not the best, science portrayed in a science fiction movie.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
probably one of the best, if not the best, science portrayed in a science fiction movie.
... yup, came to post this
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Mother Nature doing what Mother Nature does, trying to balance the system....
View Quote
besides rusting away the Titanic is being eaten by a bacteria that seems to really love the steel it's made of.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Think of how many horses we can save.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is because of its large amounts of melanin - the pigment which turns skin dark - and allows the fungi to absorb normally harmful rays which it then converts into chemical energy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7966773/Fungi-EATS-radiation-used-like-sun-block-humans-protect-against-deadly-rays.html
Does this mean black people can absorb and feed off radiation?
Think of how many horses we can save.
Doggone near lost a 400.00 handcart.........
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's how you get The Blob
View Quote
Day of the Triffids
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1264352.JPG

And less like this.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1264349.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1264356.JPG

View Quote
Looks like Shadow and Vorlon tech
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]
This is how brain eating fungus epidemics start when it mutates.

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is how brain eating fungus epidemics start when it mutates.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/thelastofus/images/9/9d/Clicker.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150928101722
View Quote
Sortofwant.

Nicer body that 95% of the ones in my AO.........

Probably a hard pass on oral though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I freaking hated that level in Chrystal Chronicles.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top