Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If "Real People" Commercials were Real Life - CHEVY Millennials
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The chevy equinox is the cruze's older brother who also has down syndrome.

I have heard that recent chevy trucks are very competitive but god have mercy on the soul of anyone who buys a sedan/crossover from that garbage brand.
View Quote
My wife’s 2002 Impala has its transmission eating itself just a thousand or so miles out of warranty.  Was going to be a very expensive fix, so we dumped it. The Equinox was new to the market and she kinda liked it. I looked over the window sticker and saw a Chinese engine and Korean transmission, or vice versa, I said hell no.  We got her a Toyota, and she’s been in a Toyota or a Honda ever since.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Take to the range and shoot at it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
My ex wife called one day, when those things were new.  She says “I need a new car and it’s down to a Plymouth Neon and a GEO Prizm”.  I advised her to go buy a Toyota or a Honda, but she was determined to get one of these two.  I told her I would not own a Plymouth under any circumstances and left it at that.  She bought Prizm (actually made by Toyota) and put 250k trouble free miles on it. I used to ask her if she wished she had bought the Neon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody remember these babies?  Mid 80s Toyota mini van

Same ex wife from the above story wanted one of these when we were married.  She was convinced she needed one for our two young sons. I was an asshole because I wouldn’t buy one.

She also wanted one of these, I wouldn’t buy it either.

So, after the divorce she bought the Nissan version, like below.

Complete pile of shit, probably the worst Japanese car ever.  Nissan was in negotiations to buy it back when the electric window motor caught fire and burned it to the ground.

That’s when she was looking for either a Neon or a Geo.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
1999 3/4 Ton Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel:

- Brake pull to the right
- No rear braking unless bed was loaded with 750+lbs of stuff
- Infinity stereo front right side door speaker blown (multi times in 100k)
- Dash cracking
- 2 Transmissions within 75k
- Exhaust manifold shrinking/losing issue
- Exhaust manifold crack
- Blown head gasket
- At least 1 fuel lift pump
- Fuel gauge inop
- 4wd auto locking hub issue
- Engine fan issue

& multiple other things I'm sure I've forgotten since getting rid of that total POS back in 2005.  The worst part nearly every issue I had was a known issue that either was TSB from Chrysler or was fully known to the Dodge/Cummins community, talked about on forums & often had multi aftermarket vendors making corrected parts for the faulty OEM stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dad had a 2001 Silverado that he was putting a quart of oil in every couple thousand miles. When I learned this, I asked him why it was burning so much oil.  He says, "Well, it has 100,000 miles on it, son, it's gonna burn oil."

At the time I was driving a 1998 Toyota T100 with about 250,000 on the odometer.  Drove it for 15 years and had to replace a couple of coil packs, the ignition switch, and a new radiator after road debris cracked it.  Best vehicle I've ever owned.

His Silverado was three years newer and the interior looked 10 years older, between the rapid deterioration of the shit-tier materials and dated-as-fuck styling.
View Quote
Chevy replaced the 5.7/350 with the 323/5.3 liter back then in the C- and K lineup. Pistons were undersized and piston clap was commonplace. So was using oil.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Should have gotten the 2.0, or 2.4, or 2.5 ecotec. Those motors run.
View Quote
The 2.2 Liter ecotec is a good motor too. The 2.5 Liter is pretty damn good too. GDI with 73000 miles, valves never cleaned yet.

The Cruise 1.5 liter Turbo is a POS. Never by a car with a turbo unless you race it or it's a diesel.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The 2.2 Liter ecotec is a good motor too. The 2.5 Liter is pretty damn good too. GDI with 73000 miles, valves never cleaned yet.

The Cruise 1.5 liter Turbo is a POS. Never by a car with a turbo unless you race it or it's a diesel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should have gotten the 2.0, or 2.4, or 2.5 ecotec. Those motors run.

And never buy a diesel.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It will be replaced by something even worse.
View Quote
A whole lineup of station wagons made to look like trucks.
Yuck.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My step sister had a wood panel with purple paint PT Cruiser. It was given to her by a friends parents for a first car. Pretty ragged out at that point too. All I could think about when I first saw it was that someone paid good money for that when new.
View Quote
It was the constant horrific death squeal of the CV transmission that made me
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And then there was the Vega's ill-fated descendant, the Monza.  It wasn't as big a turd as the Vega's rolling collection of poor design choices, but it was still a turd.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9714/Chevy-Monza_13__jpg-752616.JPG
View Quote
Haha!  My stepfather bought one of those.  Did you know you had to unbolt the motor to change the spark plugs?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anybody remember these babies?  Mid 80s Toyota mini van

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/86FABAE0-9FA4-436A-8404-3B7BE6114E0E-752874.jpg

Same ex wife from the above story wanted one of these when we were married.  She was convinced she needed one for our two young sons. I was an asshole because I wouldn’t buy one.

She also wanted one of these, I wouldn’t buy it either.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/CD2B43F0-1893-439B-AAB7-D8C750211C26-752876.jpg

So, after the divorce she bought the Nissan version, like below.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/FA5507AB-C15D-48EE-BBF5-72C30FE5EDE5-752875.jpg

Complete pile of shit, probably the worst Japanese car ever.  Nissan was in negotiations to buy it back when the electric window motor caught fire and burned it to the ground.

That’s when she was looking for either a Neon or a Geo.
View Quote
I'm assuming you were a good choice for ex-husband, because she made really bad car buying choices.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Little update here

Car is all back together. All new hoses, new head and new gaskets.

P0016 and P0017. But it may have been my fault. I have been drinking heavily while putting this fucking thing back together. Forgot the oil plug, so no oil in first start.

Put everything back correct and drove it 30 miles around the block and down to the gas station. Not much over 40mph.

No issues. No rough start, no rough idle, plenty of power.

I am Guessing that it jumped a tooth on the cams?

Bought the timing adjustment kit from amazon. Should be here this week and next weekend will readjust the timing.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top