Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The goal has to be regime change in China.

Even if the Chinese agree to every US demand on trade and faithfully implement them, they would still be getting tremendous amounts of revenue from the US that they would use to build their military.

They have openly stated on many occasions that they fully intend to fight a war with the US if we don't substantially leave Asia and accept their hegemony in the region.

We shouldn't have any trade with them at this point.
View Quote
How  much face can Xi lose on the inter national stage before the people behind the curtain decide he has to go?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#4]
What many fail to realize is that, over the past 3 decades, politicians from both sides of the ailsle have been trading American jobs for cheap Chinese goods. Reversing this trend is going to take more than just a couple of years.

We've enjoyed the music, now it's time to pay the piper.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If we kick out Chinese professors and graduate students, there will be no one left to teach hard science classes or do academic research.
View Quote
LOL. There are plenty of people named Patel, Kim, Nguyen, and Mohamed who will pick up the slack.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't believe China is trying to negotiate. Every time the stock plummets trump has to make a comment to the American people to pump the stock's back up again. He said the same thing 4 and 6 months ago. Pretty soon everyone will catch on and the stock's won't go back up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't believe China is trying to negotiate. Every time the stock plummets trump has to make a comment to the American people to pump the stock's back up again. He said the same thing 4 and 6 months ago. Pretty soon everyone will catch on and the stock's won't go back up.
The guy in charge of negotiating says they want to negotiate:
In response, Chinese Vice Premier Liu He told a state-controlled newspaper on Monday that "China is willing to resolve its trade dispute with the United States through calm negotiations and resolutely opposes the escalation of the conflict," Reuters first reported, citing a transcript of his remarks provided by the Chinese government. Liu is China's top trade negotiator.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Beijing is denying any call took place so there's a decent chance Trump simply made something up on the spot...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-china-trade-chinese-called-us-twice-xi-jinping-seeks-make-a-deal-today-2019-08-26/
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When are the never-Trumpers going to realize that POTUS is working for the Nation's best interests?
View Quote
Right before the democrats realize this
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He should turn the screws a little tighter.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Honestly, the trade deal with Japan for agricultural goods probably blew their minds. They thought their embargo would put the screws to his base, and instead he turned around and sold it to someone else without missing a beat.
View Quote
I raffed
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#11]
If it weren't for DT's impeding my civil rights and pursuit of happiness, I'd say he's the best CIC I've ever even read about. The guy is a true boss. The mission act has made my VA experience so good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Most definitely a tactic.

They have done this repeatedly. Drag out negotiations, then when an agreement is close suddenly take a hard line and blow the process up. Then when consequences are about to hit at the last possible moment signal that they want to negotiate...and rinse, repeat, etc.

They are trying to play out the clock on the Trump presidency because they're sure they will get a better deal out of someone else, hoping someone like Mittens Ram-me will get elected and continue the scam.

The counter to that is to keep the pressure on and apply even more stating no relief until they make the deal. Consequences continue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like they've had enough. Probably a stalling tactic,
Most definitely a tactic.

They have done this repeatedly. Drag out negotiations, then when an agreement is close suddenly take a hard line and blow the process up. Then when consequences are about to hit at the last possible moment signal that they want to negotiate...and rinse, repeat, etc.

They are trying to play out the clock on the Trump presidency because they're sure they will get a better deal out of someone else, hoping someone like Mittens Ram-me will get elected and continue the scam.

The counter to that is to keep the pressure on and apply even more stating no relief until they make the deal. Consequences continue.
China is a one horse town, trading primarily with the US

The tariffs are hurting them a lot worse than the US

Stall tactics don't remove the tariffs
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Right before the democrats realize this
View Quote
The Democrat Party bosses have known this since just after President Trump took office. That's one of the main reasons they're trying so hard to defeat him before the the low-infomation voters realize what's happening.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When are the never-Trumpers going to realize that POTUS is working for the Nation's best interests?
View Quote
This. He's not conventional because he's not a politician but he's definitely trying to work in the best long-run interests of the US.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#16]
So how much Chinese/Democratic collusion will take place in the 2020 election?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My sources (financial and banking sector) in China say central government’s plan is to stall in anticipation of Trump’s electoral defeat in 2020.
View Quote
No doubt.  Do you think China will leave it all to chance?

They are actively working to subvert our republic and overthrow Trump.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
All of it.  All of the collusion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
China intends to dominate the planet, not just Asia.  2030 was the goal, and they enjoyed considerable acceleration while The Kenyan was in the Whitehouse.

Now they wait.  Maybe suffer a set back, but always playing a very long game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if the Chinese agree to every US demand on trade and faithfully implement them, they would still be getting tremendous amounts of revenue from the US that they would use to build their military.

They have openly stated on many occasions that they fully intend to fight a war with the US if we don't substantially leave Asia and accept their hegemony in the region.

China intends to dominate the planet, not just Asia.  2030 was the goal, and they enjoyed considerable acceleration while The Kenyan was in the Whitehouse.

Communism hasn't been a viable long-term strategy for anyone else yet, so hopefully we're OK for a while

I wouldn't disagree that is their goal but I don't think it's achievable for them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is amazing and refreshing that for the first time in my life our president is actually doing what is best for our nation.  Every other one has done their best to screw us every way they could and as much as they could without having street riots.  Yes he dicked up in bumpstocks but anyone that really thought those were going to remain legal....well I would love to sell them a bridge.  The never trumpers will not accept anything other than “orang man bad”
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Beijing is denying any call took place so there's a decent chance Trump simply made something up on the spot...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-china-trade-chinese-called-us-twice-xi-jinping-seeks-make-a-deal-today-2019-08-26/
View Quote
I skimmed the article and didn't see anything like what you are claiming.  Maybe I am just missing it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#22]
the giant fentanyl shipment caught going into mexico yesterday is signs china is fucking lying.

fuck china.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Japan is buying ag products and asking for USMC F-35s to operate from their "totally not aircraft carriers". You guys have a good ally behaving like one,China can take a few more twists of the screws.
View Quote
I love that they "totally aren't aircraft carriers" and agree they are acting like an ally should.  What do they call them...helicopter destroyers? those have got to be the worlds biggest destroyers
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's a Damn shame they own so much of our debt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fine, back to normal. Sure.

Fuck that!

Trump should impose a PERMANENT tariff on ALL Chinese goods tied to their currency manipulation of the Yuan. They artificially lower it 3%, we impose a matching tariff of 3% on EVERYTHING THEY EXPORT TO THE US.

Fuck this softball bullshit with commies. They're our enemies and we should not be doing business with China AT ALL.
When you owe the bank $25,000, the bank owns you.

when you owe the bank $25 Billion, you own the bank.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I skimmed the article and didn't see anything like what you are claiming.  Maybe I am just missing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind, I found it.  It was hard to find in between all the bullshit CBS had in that story to support China and try to make USA look bad.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that!

Trump should impose a PERMANENT tariff on ALL Chinese goods tied to their currency manipulation of the Yuan. They artificially lower it 3%, we impose a matching tariff of 3% on EVERYTHING THEY EXPORT TO THE US.

Fuck this softball bullshit with commies. They're our enemies and we should not be doing business with China AT ALL.

troof
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that!

Yep.....delay the deal and the US will cancel 1% of its debt to you (China) every business  day.  We will give you the weekends off.  Deal or no deal beeotches?

Don't like it?  Come collect it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The issue of Chinese fentanyl is still a problem.  I’d like to see Trump force the Chicom’s to get a handle on it.  Until then he should completely turn the screws on them - maybe announce a 72 hour inspection procedure for every Chicom freighter coming into the US
View Quote
Lol no it's not.

You guys sound like Moms Demand Action with all your panty wetting about fentanyl.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#29]
They're stalling and are hoping that Trump doesn't get reelected. Just IMO.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol no it's not.

You guys sound like Moms Demand Action with all your panty wetting about fentanyl.
View Quote
they found 25 fucking TONS, of it going into Mexico in the last few days.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/08/25/25-tons-of-fentanyl-from-china-seized-in-mexico/

I don't know what planet your from but that sounds like a bit of a problem to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They're stalling and are hoping that Trump doesn't get reelected. Just IMO.
View Quote
No that's bee their gameplay since day 1.

Also look at their use of our tech industry to help promote that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone remember when Th_At know it all  guy used to spam this board with post after post and page after page of bullshit regarding how great it was to move manufacturing from The United States to China ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
They don't call it a long march for nothing.   Frankly I can't see any real reason to take the screws off until we see regime change.    Why anyone ever thought doing business with china was a good idea is beyond me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#34]
China doesn’t have good intentions PERIOD. They want control and are willing to play deception and the long game. Xi will hold onto the thrown long time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/08/25/25-tons-of-fentanyl-from-china-seized-in-mexico/

I don't know what planet your from but that sounds like a bit of a problem to me.
View Quote
Until on Wednesday we find out, "Oops! Jose and Juan down at the port Customs Station didn't know how to read the field test and it was never fentanyl."
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Until on Wednesday we find out, "Oops! Jose and Juan down at the port Customs Station didn't know how to read the field test and it was never fentanyl."
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#37]
CNBC
"In China's onshore market, the yuan fell to 7.1500 per dollar, the lowest since February 2008.  In the offshore market, the yuan slid to as low as 7.187 yuan, the weakest since international trading in the currency began in 2010, before recovering to 7.1624 yuan - down 0.4% on the day - after Trump's upbeat comments on a trade deal."
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The issue of Chinese fentanyl is still a problem.  I’d like to see Trump force the Chicom’s to get a handle on it.  Until then he should completely turn the screws on them - maybe announce a 72 hour inspection procedure for every Chicom freighter coming into the US
View Quote
And that would be an easy position to take. Properly applied, 58,000lbs is enough fentanyl to wipe out most of the country-this is a national security issue that absolutely does require inspecting every ship coming into the country and is worthy of sinking any vessel found to be carrying it in the high seas.

A month of container inspections with thousands of freighters lined up waiting idle off of California would absolutely make the Chinese make any problems with fentanyl a distant memory.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I wouldn’t leave Asia........ they won’t leave Central America or Africa, and they are nosing around Greenland....... tough crap Commies
View Quote
We’ll leave Asia just as soon as they abandon the Panama Canal...
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
This!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My sources (financial and banking sector) in China say central government’s plan is to stall in anticipation of Trump’s electoral defeat in 2020.
View Quote
@Laoshi let us know when they start bailing for the houses they've bought in the USA. That'll be when the fun is about to kick off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never

It’s in their name. They will start saying that Trump is in secret alliance with aliens coming to invade the planet next.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah...solid denial...pfftttt..ShareBlue shills.

Beijing did not confirm any weekend phone calls between its trade representatives and U.S. officials, and in regular remarks to reporters, a Foreign Ministry representative said he was unaware of any such phone conversations.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
My thoughts exactly.  Trump can put china in their place for the moment.  Hopefully Trump can come up with a long term solution that is unlikely to be reversed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#45]
When they sign a deal we like, then they'll have bent the knee.

Until then, all of these reports are hot air.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Chinese PROPAGANDA--------China global news network.

The talking head are going crazy all over the board. A group of multi country talking heads from around the world. This includes a Nevertrumper professor from US, French, British, and a few Chinese.

" Oh Trump is impossible to negotiate. He will not allow the US team to send clear signals on their intentions."

"Trumps message changes so often it is very confusing."

"The US team is sending mix signals to China's team. This is not the way to negotiate. The Clear signals the US has used in their negotiations in the past has been thrown away and a new way of less clear signals are not working."

"Presidential negotiations need to play by the rules. Trump stating he is having " Second thoughts and wanything can change. " NOT FAIR NOT FAIR we need to pin down this man so as to give us the ability to plan our moves. His ego is driving the global market down."

"Trump is not heeding the rules on trade and this hurts the world."

" 2020 and Trump reelection run is fast approaching. He need to appeal to his base but the farmers are no longer supporting him. He is playing both sides of the street and will not commit to a firm rules based negotiations until after his reelection. "

" The US is tanking the global economy. Trump has abandoned the multilateral global agreement of the past and his US first policy is hurting the US allies. Trump only cares about US and the rest of the world is not getting their fair share of the global economy. "

" The US needs help from the world. Trump doesn't represent the majority of the US. The US has many other leaders who are constantly working to help the rest of world. These great democratic US leaders are in contact with the rest of the world. Trumps reelection is going to be hurt by the collapsing US economy. "

G7
Trump and Russia ----- Trump love Russia = China says this is bad because Russia is mean.
Trump and EU-------------Trump is making Europe sad and shaming them by asking for fair trade.
Trump and Iran ---------   Trump is killing the Iranian economic power around the world. THIS IS UNFAIR.

Trump has changed the rules and he feels the US doesn't have to follow the agreements or rules of the past. Rude orange man, TRUMP BAD.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#47]
 LMFAO.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No doubt.  Do you think China will leave it all to chance?

They are actively working to subvert our republic and overthrow Trump.
View Quote
I hate to say it but Trumps big mouth is his biggest enemy come Election Day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beijing did not confirm any weekend phone calls between its trade representatives and U.S. officials, and in regular remarks to reporters, a Foreign Ministry representative said he was unaware of any such phone conversations.
Lol, that’s the softest “denial” I think I’ve ever read.

Trump openly talking about the calls is another poke at the ChiComs - who do not talk about the status of negotiations - and IMO demonstrates how much leverage he currently has.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not really. They're around 5% of total US debt, down from 13%.
View Quote
They've been selling them off since ~2015 to defend their dogshit currency.

The string of dominoes has, IMHO, already begun. It will end with the collapse of the Yuan and China's economic house of cards will come crumbling down.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top