Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Brian Williams reported that story.
View Quote

He was in a "bird" that was shot down by an RPG. Very brave dude.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
This is all I will say. Not because I'm a Delta Squirrel Brah operator, because it's second hand and I have no other info.
I worked in a hospital on the North Shore of the lake during/after Katrina.

A guy I work with was a SEAL.
He stopped on the side of the interstate to talk to a team and ended up spending the evening with them bullshitting and whatnot.
Some of the thugs down there were being culled down around the dome.  Not a thing was reported, which is OK with me.
I don't remember the whole story. If I run into him again I'll ask.
At the time, we were under the impression that plenty of killing was going on, so I'm sure it didn't register with me as anything out of the ordinary.

I resupplied a  medic who was attached to some kind of civilian team that was getting in a bit of shit. This guy didn't normally roll with any kind of tac team and he really didn't care for it. He said there was quite a bit of gun play.

My favorite, and I don't know anything about it, was some gangs loaded up in watercraft and went in breaking into gun stores/banks/etc.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Reporters? Yeah, they are always 100% accurate. Whatever Brian Williams said must be true.

I question stories that come out after someone died, that we can't confirm they actually said. Specially when those stories are then used to claim the dead person spun tall tails.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

So if you tell a reporter it happened (and your SEAL buddies), you didn't actually confirm it?

Gotcha.

Reporters? Yeah, they are always 100% accurate. Whatever Brian Williams said must be true.

I question stories that come out after someone died, that we can't confirm they actually said. Specially when those stories are then used to claim the dead person spun tall tails.

When asked if Kyle has ever told the story to her, his own wife said "I’ve been sticking to what he decided to share publicly and only share those things.”

That is an odd way to word things if your husband never told you about the story privately.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
these Kyle threads have taught me this:
When hearsay helps Kyle, we should believe it.When hearsay makes Kyle look like a liar, we should not believe it.
I think Kyle was a hero who had feet of clay.   The problem is most people don't want heroes with feet of clay, so they use the system above to evaluate the stories that have come out about him.

View Quote

OTOH, people like to tear down other people for some reason. Perhaps it makes them feel good about themselves.  Regardless, I don't think hearsay is enough to condemn a man, IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When asked if Kyle has ever told the story to her, his own wife said "I’ve been sticking to what he decided to share publicly and only share those things.”
That is an odd way to word things if your husband never told you about the story privately.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  lol
So if you tell a reporter it happened (and your SEAL buddies), you didn't actually confirm it?
Gotcha.

Given all of the fuss with the recent lawsuit, I'd suggest that this is probably the answer her lawyers have told her to say to anything controversial about Kyle.  Although it may seem odd to one not involved in a lawsuit, it really isn't proof of anything, one way or another, which is what it is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When hearsay helps Kyle, we should believe it.  When hearsay makes Kyle look like a liar, we should not believe it.

View Quote

The same is true for the other side of the equation.   Josh is a perfect example of that from his posts in other threads.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OTOH, people like to tear down other people for some reason. Perhaps it makes them feel good about themselves.  Regardless, I don't think hearsay is enough to condemn a man, IMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When hearsay helps Kyle, we should believe it.When hearsay makes Kyle look like a liar, we should not believe it.

I think Kyle was a hero who had feet of clay.   The problem is most people don't want heroes with feet of clay, so they use the system above to evaluate the stories that have come out about him.

To me, admitting that people have faults isn't condemning them.  The number of military men who tell tall tales is pretty high in my experience.    Go to any VFW and buy a few rounds and you'll see what I mean.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The problem is using unverified and likely unverifiable stories to undermine someone's credability, and create fake "facts" that indicate someone was a lier.

I don't hero worship Kyle. I respect him as a sniper and SEAL. Although I suspect his claimed kill count is inflated (along with most other snipers, frankly, as well as fighter pilots, etc), and I also think SEALs talk too much.

I do wish his family well, and see no reason to pile on a dead man whan all we have to go on is hearsay.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
One thing I was wondering about from the book was when he mentioned he was carrying concealed in CA.  It's been some time since I read the book so I don't recall every single detail, but I don't think he mentioned anything about having a CCW. Are Seals allowed to CC pretty much anywhere?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

To me, admitting that people have faults isn't condemning them.  The number of military men who tell tall tales is pretty high in my experience.    Go to any VFW and buy a few rounds and you'll see what I mean.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may be true and we all have our faults, however, I'm just not going to put a specific fault on someone based on hearsay.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The same is true for the other side of the equation.   Josh is a perfect example of that from his posts in other threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When hearsay helps Kyle, we should believe it.  When hearsay makes Kyle look like a liar, we should not believe it.

I covered both sides of the equation.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Claiming faults based upon hearsay is another matter.

Of course he had faults. We have no facts to support he was a serial liar, which is what some claim.

I find any claim of many kills questionable, from Simo Häyhä to Carlos Hathcock and moreso involving Russian snipers. It is easy to convince yourself you made the shot when you didn't, and the tendency is to error on the side of "kills".

However, framing Kyle as a liar because of what otherws wrote after his death is suspect.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One thing I was wondering about from the book was when he mentioned he was carrying concealed in CA.  It's been some time since I read the book so I don't recall every single detail, but I don't think he mentioned anything about having a CCW. Are Seals allowed to CC pretty much anywhere?
View Quote

Pretty sure he would have to go through the regular process which was near impossible in San Diego or LA at the time. But sometimes people carry without a permit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#15]
double tap
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Confirmed kills aren't up to just the shooter saying, yeah I got 3 today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone other than Chris Kyle ever explained how the "kill count" was arrived at? Because it sounds a lot like Chris Kyle has a kill count because Chris Kyle said so. Not that he didn't kill some guys, but Hathcock had documentation and witnesses.

Yeah?  Tell us more.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#17]
So, if I understand this thread correctly, Chris Kyle didn't lie about the gas station killings, Marcus Luttrell told that lie.  There is trouble in SEAL town.  BTW, there were threads on Arfcom about the gas station killings long before the current boil over.

Is this like when Luttrell told the NRA Convention he was late because he stopped to beat up some liberal protestors on his way?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, if I understand this thread correctly, Chris Kyle didn't lie about the gas station killings, Marcus Luttrell told that lie.  There is trouble in SEAL town.  BTW, there were threads on Arfcom about the gas station killings long before the current boil over.

Is this like when Luttrell told the NRA Convention he was late because he stopped to beat up some liberal protestors on his way?
View Quote

whoa bro, are you calling marcus luttrell a liar?

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No man who single handedly faced down hundreds of taliban I am going to call a liar.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Not a source.

If it was an interview with Mooney (who has been grossly misquoted in other articles about Kyle by other people), then presumably there would be an audio or video recording of the interview...or at the very least a transcript. But none of these source documents have surfaced that I've seen. It's always "he told..." or "several people close to him...."
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So, was Luttrell bullshitting about the car jacking stories ?
It is an Internet toughguynavysealsniperrangerseal staple.
View Quote

Maybe. Or maybe Kyle was. Likely that if the story was true, it would be verifiable. But "likely" isn't enough for me to condemn anybody, especially based on 2nd or 3rd hand accounts.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#22]
So Kyle didn't say he was in New Orleans just that he had heard that some SEALs were used there working on leave for PMCs.

Zippidy do dah.  Sounds like just normal sharing of gossip.

As far as the car jacking goes if it came from some interview then I would expect there is a recording even if done by a print journalist.  If no recording it's all bullshit, because we've had so many misreports and down right lies there is no way you can take anything like that to heart.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Neither story is in his book. I myself have no idea where the stories came from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This should turn out derptastic from the Chris Kyle haters.

With their "HE LIED ABOUT THESE THINGS SO NONE OF THE OTHER STUFF HE DID MATTERS!!!!!!!!"

I'm also curious if this is in the book or just something made up by the haters. I know, I know, I should read the book myself, but I'm a bit slow

Neither story is in his book. I myself have no idea where the stories came from.

Brian Williams?  ETA - Crap, beat by a mile
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you're right that there's a lot of that going on. But I haven't seen any kind of tangible evidence that Kyle claimed these stories. Obviously the Ventura story is documented, and was largely false...so I have no issue imagining that he embellished or outright made up some stories. But without any actual evidence that he embellished or made up THESE stories, I'm going to default to skepticism, which should be the default position for ANY claim lacking tangible evidence.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The problem is using unverified and likely unverifiable stories to undermine someone's credability, and create fake "facts" that indicate someone was a lier.

I don't hero worship Kyle. I respect him as a sniper and SEAL. Although I suspect his claimed kill count is inflated (along with most other snipers, frankly, as well as fighter pilots, etc), and I also think SEALs talk too much.

I do wish his family well, and see no reason to pile on a dead man whan all we have to go on is hearsay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If by fighter pilots you're referring to air-to-air kills, these are documented by their HUD tapes. And while air to ground kills are more difficult to accurately keep track of, the strikes are also documented by their targeting pod footage and whatever BDA is done post-strike. The vast majority of air-to-ground weapons employment is on video, so the numbers probably aren't as inflated (operable word being "as") as one may presume. Unless the guy is 9 shots deep and bragging at the bar...then all bets are off.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#26]
If you're trying to compare him to Brian Williams or Obama, just stop.

1) He's not a "news" personality on a national TV show.

2) He's not a public official.

The guy was a soldier. His job was to kill and demoralize the enemy.

If you kill a bunch of bad guys and save the lives of a bunch of your own men, you're a badass motherfucker. Hence, the "Legend". The more of these stories that circulate and pass around, the more the guys on the other side shit their pants, don't shoot as straight or just decide not to fight.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#27]
These threads drive me fucking batshit. As big as Arfcom is, surely we have someone that was a Marine or Soldier in Ramadi or Blue Diamond or Shark who knew the man and yet they remain silent. I've got my own opinion I try to keep a lid on because some Chris Kyle ball-gagger who's never been anywhere or done anything will try and drag me into a pit thread.

I was in NOLA for Katrina as a contractor for FEMA. You know what blackwater did in New Orleans? They guarded the red cross and FEMA offices and distribution points. Whoopdee fuckin' do. There were SEAL and SWCC guys there. Most of them had come over from Stennis when the storm was coming believing that Belle Chasse would be a better place to get stuck than Gulfport. Most of the Active Duty from Belle Chasse had bugged out to NAS Atlanta and the base was mostly closed so most of them ended up doing jack squat. I talked to a couple at a famous bar on a random wednesday afternoon. Yeah, no shit. Drinking in the middle of the day in civvies because they had no job to do. A week after the storm it was business as usual in the Quarter.

I was in Ramadi for 21 months in 2007-2008 as a contractor. The SEAL Det there wasn't very large and I had cause to work with them occasionally. They strutted around dressed like cowboys in shit-kickers and belt buckles with a big fish hook on the hat bill, Then they would put on their Marine FROG suits and go out and ruin someone's day. Usually a friendly iraqi that the 9th Marines S-2 had been working until the seal team decided to smack him around and break a bunch of shit in his house. Then a platoon commander gets the shit job of going out there and consoling him, giving him cash for all the shit the sailors broke and assuring him that the information he is passing is important and we are his friend.

Most of you white-knighting a guy you will never meet just sound ridiculous. Anybody who claims they were forced to shoot a kid is full of shit. It's the oldest most cliched trope in the book.  Anyone who says they were .mil and shot anyone in NOLA, Liar.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
These threads drive me fucking batshit. As big as Arfcom is, surely we have someone that was a Marine or Soldier in Ramadi or Blue Diamond or Shark who knew the man and yet they remain silent. I've got my own opinion I try to keep a lid on because some Chris Kyle ball-gagger who's never been anywhere or done anything will try and drag me into a pit thread.

I was in NOLA for Katrina as a contractor for FEMA. You know what blackwater did in New Orleans? They guarded the red cross and FEMA offices and distribution points. Whoopdee fuckin' do. There were SEAL and SWCC guys there. Most of them had come over from Stennis when the storm was coming believing that Belle Chasse would be a better place to get stuck than Gulfport. Most of the Active Duty from Belle Chasse had bugged out to NAS Atlanta and the base was mostly closed so most of them ended up doing jack squat. I talked to a couple at a famous bar on a random wednesday afternoon. Yeah, no shit. Drinking in the middle of the day in civvies because they had no job to do. A week after the storm it was business as usual in the Quarter.

I was in Ramadi for 21 months in 2007-2008 as a contractor. The SEAL Det there wasn't very large and I had cause to work with them occasionally. They strutted around dressed like cowboys in shit-kickers and belt buckles with a big fish hook on the hat bill, Then they would put on their Marine FROG suits and go out and ruin someone's day. Usually a friendly iraqi that the 9th Marines S-2 had been working until the seal team decided to smack him around and break a bunch of shit in his house. Then a platoon commander gets the shit job of going out there and consoling him, giving him cash for all the shit the sailors broke and assuring him that the information he is passing is important and we are his friend.

Most of you white-knighting a guy you will never meet just sound ridiculous. Anybody who claims they were forced to shoot a kid is full of shit. It's the oldest most cliched trope in the book.  Anyone who says they were .mil and shot anyone in NOLA, Liar.
View Quote

That was the least of infractions in the book.

Overall, the book was shit and need a complete re-write. Of course, if CK were still alive I wouldn't tell him that.

Not sure what you did as a contractor as that is a very broad statement to make, but tell me about your time in Ramadi. I'm interested.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Bama, I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or being sarcastic. I don't mean to offend, I can only speak to my experience and what I saw but the way I remember it the real guys out in the shit were the cops from other areas that came in to help. Kansas City PD and NJ guard MPs each saved my bacon while Blackwater guys were checking my ID at the warehouse and making me sign in triplicate when I needed MREs for my guys.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

If SEALs aren't awesome, then why do so many SEALs write books about how awesome SEALs are?

Thats what I thought, you can't answer that one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was in Ramadi in 2006 and resuscitated Ryan Job and met Kyle on a few occasions while in Ramadi.  It has nothing to do with "white knighting" or "ball-gagging" but simply not calling someone a liar without solid evidence.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If SEALs aren't awesome, then why do so many SEALs write books about how awesome SEALs are?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Checkmate.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Checkmate.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Checkmate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Checkmate.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'll post this so folks can see what was said about Katrina.

http://sofrep.com/19314/american-snipers-engage-us-citizens-in-new-orleans-circa-2005/

The Long Shadow Of Katrina: Military Snipers Engaging U.S. Citizens?
by Brandon Webb · April 15, 2013 · Posted In: Op-Ed  

In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle (author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many active duty Spec Ops snipers (some Navy SEALs), took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company), Blackwater.
-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They aren't in his book. I don't know about anything at the Superdome but I think he mentioned the car jacker thing in some interview. I could be wrong about that.

The interview that I'm aware of goes on to say that Kyle didn't / wouldn't talk about the carjacking story, and then the reporter went on to say "but I'm convinced that it really did happen, even though he wouldn't talk about it."  And then stuff seems to have sprung from that.

I'll post this so folks can see what was said about Katrina.

http://sofrep.com/19314/american-snipers-engage-us-citizens-in-new-orleans-circa-2005/

The Long Shadow Of Katrina: Military Snipers Engaging U.S. Citizens?
by Brandon Webb · April 15, 2013 · Posted In: Op-Ed  

In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle (author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many active duty Spec Ops snipers (some Navy SEALs), took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company), Blackwater.
-

Those guys can just take leave from active duty to go work for a PMC?  How does that work?  

That's really interesting... assuming that a "deployment hiding no integrity douche" can be believed on any topic.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How accurate was Luttrell's first book?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The carjacking story is in Luttrell's book. The NOLA story was told to Brandon Webb by Kyle and published on his website, then later removed.

It's not a mystery, didn't take more than a couple of minutes to find.

WTF? Does anyone take them seriously?

How accurate was Luttrell's first book?

"Luttrell's" first book wasn't written by Luttrell.  The second book, the one I referenced, was.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

This about covers it.  Kyle was a hero, therefore we hero-worship, and anything that casts him in a bad light must not be credible, even if told by other people we hero worship.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Annnnd here comes the SEAL haters.

Haha...feel the hate swell inside them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This is all I will say. Not because I'm a Delta Squirrel Brah operator, because it's second hand and I have no other info.
I worked in a hospital on the North Shore of the lake during/after Katrina.

A guy I work with was a SEAL.
He stopped on the side of the interstate to talk to a team and ended up spending the evening with them bullshitting and whatnot.
Some of the thugs down there were being culled down around the dome.  Not a thing was reported, which is OK with me.
I don't remember the whole story. If I run into him again I'll ask.
At the time, we were under the impression that plenty of killing was going on, so I'm sure it didn't register with me as anything out of the ordinary.

I resupplied a  medic who was attached to some kind of civilian team that was getting in a bit of shit. This guy didn't normally roll with any kind of tac team and he really didn't care for it. He said there was quite a bit of gun play.

My favorite, and I don't know anything about it, was some gangs loaded up in watercraft and went in breaking into gun stores/banks/etc.
View Quote

CSB, I heard sompin like that myself. I also read his statement on his activity there is on tape. I havent tried to find it tho. Dont plan to try.  If they killed looters and dont want it in the media far be it from me to link stuff that might get cogs turning somewhere. Not that I think it would, you just never know.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pretty sure he would have to go through the regular process which was near impossible in San Diego or LA at the time. But sometimes people carry without a permit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concealed means concealed right?

I was kind of thinking that he'd have to go through the normal process. I'll have to go back and find the pages where he talks about CC'ing in California.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hearsay goes to the truth of the matter asserted.

We are not trying to determine if Kyle did or did not kill people at gas stations or at the superdome.

The (arguable) fact that he claimed to have done these things reflects on his truthfulness.

So, let's look at a proven (to a legal standard before a jury) fact.

Kyle defamed a celebrity and well known douche bag.  Since the celebrity was at issue (as it is with all public figure defamation cases, because there is a higher standard...actual malice...that needs to be reached to win).

Ventura is as unsympathetic a plaintiff as you could possibly imagine.

All things being equal, Kyle and his widow were the most sympathetic defendants you could imagine.

Yet, a jury heard the evidence and concluded that there was malice.

In other words, Kyle knowingly, with the knowledge of falsity, lied.

Kyle was proven, in court, at an elevated standard that is more difficult to prove than normal people, to be a liar.

He may have been many things.

But among those things, he was a liar.

It's a shame, and given his service to the nation, I don't think his lies should be the sum of his legacy.

But he was a liar and I don't think good judgement requires me to approach any statements attributed to him with a neutrality bias.

Liars rarely lie once.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We are not trying to determine if Kyle did or did not kill people at gas stations or at the superdome.
The (arguable) fact that he claimed to have done these things reflects on his truthfulness.
Kyle defamed a celebrity and well known douche bag.  Since the celebrity was at issue (as it is with all public figure defamation cases, because there is a higher standard...actual malice...that needs to be reached to win).

All things being equal, Kyle and his widow were the most sympathetic defendants you could imagine.

Kyle was proven, in court, at an elevated standard that is more difficult to prove than normal people, to be a liar.

It's a shame, and given his service to the nation, I don't think his lies should be the sum of his legacy.
But he was a liar and I don't think good judgement requires me to approach any statements attributed to him with a neutrality bias.
Liars rarely lie once.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liars rarely lie once.

Best excuse I heard -- "He was just building his brand."
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The carjacking story is in Luttrell's book. The NOLA story was told to Brandon Webb by Kyle and published on his website, then later removed.

It's not a mystery, didn't take more than a couple of minutes to find.
View Quote

Brandon Webb is a fucking piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No dog in the fight either way on my part.  Seems like a lot of heresay to me.  "Someone told me Chris Kyle said X"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No dog in the fight either way on my part.  Seems like a lot of heresay to me.  "Someone told me Chris Kyle said X"

This is what I've always seemed to find.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone other than Chris Kyle ever explained how the "kill count" was arrived at? Because it sounds a lot like Chris Kyle has a kill count because Chris Kyle said so. Not that he didn't kill some guys, but Hathcock had documentation and witnesses.

Tell me more about what makes a confirmed kill.  School us.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Annnnd here comes the SEAL haters.

Haha...feel the hate swell inside them.
View Quote

I'm not a seal hater but they have a reputation and a stereotype for a reason. Part of it isn't their fault. The PR machine and slobbering love affair it inspires has politicians and commanders putting them in roles where they don't fit. Conventional or joint commands tolerate them because of the giant piles of money that come along with inviting seals to your party. Rarely is it worth that hassle the comes with it especially when you're waging a "hearts and minds" counter insurgency 1000mi from water.

If you see a bunch of flat black bro-dozers in front of a bar in the tidewater area... just keep on driving.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top