Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is the Constitution, specifically the preamble and the 1st amendment anti Christian?

View Quote

It does not codify Christianity so it is anti-Christian in the same sense as Atheism is a construct of Christianity. One can be an Atheist only if God exists. If God does not exist then not believing in God is not an incorrect view and Atheism does not exist.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Trolls appear in the Norse Pagan religion and mythos.

Not very Christian, Tom.
View Quote
And you're not being very Christian either. But when it comes down to it, be honest...you are trolling. So it fits. I could have called you a depraved heathen that just wants to cause trouble, but I didn't. Jesus called the Pharisees vipers and white washed tombs.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Your premise is that this is a Christian nation?  

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, you haven't said how I'm incorrect, please tell me?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he was.

I'm glad you're reading your OT, but you don't seem to have a clue what's going on in Psalm 2.
Well, you haven't said how I'm incorrect, please tell me?

Well, first, you haven’t made any claims of what it says, you’re just dropping it like a trump card with no context whatsoever.

Second, Psalm 2 is about the eternal nature of the kingdom of God, maintained through the Messiah, despite the chaos seen on earth.

It really doesn’t have anything to do with the governance of a nation.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It wasn't merely a step down.

Look at the bolded part. It's clear.

It was a flat out rejection of God as king.

At this point, I suspect you are yanking my chain, because I have made my answer clear, multiple times, on what you have asked here. I don't think you'd be asking if you were reading what I posted instead of just skimming it. My nose is not tweaked about it or anything, but it's really odd on your part.

As for what sort of politicians?

(Exodus 18:13-23)
[13] It came about the next day that Moses sat to judge the people, and the people stood about Moses from the morning until the evening.
[14] Now when Moses' father-in-law saw all that he was doing for the people, he said, "What is this thing that you are doing for the people? Why do you alone sit as judge and all the people stand about you from morning until evening?"
[15] Moses said to his father-in-law, "Because the people come to me to inquire of God.
[16] When they have a dispute, it comes to me, and I judge between a man and his neighbor and make known the statutes of God and His laws."
[17] Moses' father-in-law said to him, "The thing that you are doing is not good.
[18] You will surely wear out, both yourself and these people who are with you, for the task is too heavy for you; you cannot do it alone.
[19] Now listen to me: I will give you counsel, and God be with you. You be the people's representative before God, and you bring the disputes to God,
[20] then teach them the statutes and the laws, and make known to them the way in which they are to walk and the work they are to do.
[21] Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens.
[22] Let them judge the people at all times; and let it be that every major dispute they will bring to you, but every minor dispute they themselves will judge. So it will be easier for you, and they will bear the burden with you.

[23] If you do this thing and God so commands you, then you will be able to endure, and all these people also will go to their place in peace."

View Quote
No I'm not trying to yank your chain, you're be serious, I respect that. Yes, it was a rejection of God, I thought I was using your term, my apologies.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

uh ...

NO.

The meaning of the text of cotus is what determines that.

As in any contract situation with multiple establishing parties, enforcing that always falls - ultimately - to the parties that made the thing.

One of the bigger reasons that our fedgov is a necrotic disaster ... is because it has been allowed to functionally determine what is and is not according to the constitution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The arbiter of last resort to decide whether what the federal government did is Constitutional is the federal government itself.

uh ...

NO.

The meaning of the text of cotus is what determines that.

As in any contract situation with multiple establishing parties, enforcing that always falls - ultimately - to the parties that made the thing.

One of the bigger reasons that our fedgov is a necrotic disaster ... is because it has been allowed to functionally determine what is and is not according to the constitution.

Brother I think you need to re-read my post.

I dislike the federal government and am an advocate for Jeffersonian ideals
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Dear fellow Californian, stop making the rest of us look bad MMMKAY
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We may or may not ignore bad government, but does God? I don't think so. He has quite a bit to say about government in the OT and NT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The federal government is given specific powers by states

The states give up monies to fund this specific power

The arbiter of last resort to decide whether what the federal government did is Constitutional is the federal government itself.

That's my answer to the government question. The answer to your second question is that my only master is the God of creation, the heavens and the earth. This really isn't a hard concept to me. Ignore stupid government, get to know the creator of the universe better and contemplate his greatness. Easy.
We may or may not ignore bad government, but does God? I don't think so. He has quite a bit to say about government in the OT and NT.

I am now questioning if you're having an argument in good faith.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't believe in luck, but moving forward I'm not promoting a "theocracy" like Iran, but one more like ancient Israel where the magistrate, for instance David, worked with the priests to help him rule the country. He had his duties and the priests had their duties. There was a separation, but not in an absolute sense...they worked together. I don't even propose a monarch, a constitutional republic if just fine, but on what precepts does the Christian desire his constitution to be based? One's that violate God's precepts. What can we learn from righteous Kings like Hezekiah or Josiah?
View Quote
And you are going to force everyone to subscribe to your interpretation?

Even if you're a significant minority?  And the others?  Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius?
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

He didn't claim that.

He asked if the 1st amendment was anti Christian.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol.

John 8:7
View Quote
Various people have interjected various comments that don't really have anything to do with the subject, they, like a lot of people on GD who really dislike what a Christian, may or may not have to say from a Christian perspective, say bad things. If you can show me how I am misjudging, feel free, if you are right I will repent...till then.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Some seem to think I don't know what Psalm 2 is about. It's about Christ and God the Father's decree that He is the King of all the kings of the earth, that they should obey Him (kiss the son) or they will perish. That's just a quick go over, there's more to the Psalm.
View Quote
Matt.22 Verses 34 to 40

[34] But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
[35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus doesn't say "Psalm 2".

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The intent of the Founding Fathers was probably something like: "You go to a Protestant Christian church that has rails around the altar. I go to a Protestant Christian church that does not have rails around the altar. Let's agree to handle this disagreement in ways other than burning each other at the stake." The idea that what they put in the Constitution would be used to tear crosses off of war memorials or prevent students from saying a prayer at a graduation ceremony would never have occurred to them in a million years.

And yet, thanks largely to the courts and their power to "interpret" the Constitution (which is functionally identical to the power to rewrite the Constitution), here we are.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The intent of the Founding Fathers was probably something like: "You go to a Protestant Christian church that has rails around the altar. I go to a Protestant Christian church that does not have rails around the altar. Let's agree to handle this disagreement in ways other than burning each other at the stake." The idea that what they put in the Constitution would be used to tear crosses off of war memorials or prevent students from saying a prayer at a graduation ceremony would never have occurred to them in a million years.

And yet, thanks largely to the courts and their power to "interpret" the Constitution (which is functionally identical to the power to rewrite the Constitution), here we are.
View Quote

As an atheist, I agree.

I cannot stand the capital "A" Atheists that go around being offended at the sight of a cross. I do not believe the Founders intended these things. In fact, just like the 2A, I feel their language is plain enough and needs no extra interpretation.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is the Constitution, specifically the preamble and the 1st amendment anti Christian?

Psalm 2  Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
View Quote
Thomas Jefferson didn't think so.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And you're not being very Christian either. But when it comes down to it, be honest...you were trolling. So it fits. I could have called you a depraved heathen that just wants to cause trouble, but I didn't. Jesus called the Pharisees vipers and white washed tombs.
View Quote

Hey, I’m not the guy you called a troll. I was just commenting.

You post like some kind of Nephilim or something.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It does not codify Christianity so it is anti-Christian in the same sense as Atheism is a construct of Christianity. One can be an Atheist only if God exists. If God does not exist then not believing in God is not an incorrect view and Atheism does not exist.
View Quote
It sure doesn't codify Christianity, that's the whole point. What it does codify is religious pluralism in contradiction to the 1st commandment of God. I'll wait while someone comes along and from the scriptures explains how God/Christ has told everybody that they have the freedom to believe and and act contrary to His reveal will. That the governments of the world are not required to kiss the Son. This thread was designed to maybe get Christians to think about the initial question.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Is this a weed thread, or a mental illness thread?
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
My premise is that IT IS NOT a Christian nation, far from it. My premise is that ALL nations are required to be. Psalm 2.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Holy hell, op. Google "confirmation bias" and "cherry picking" while you're at it.
The question is nonsensical. No, it isn't.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, first, you haven't made any claims of what it says, you're just dropping it like a trump card with no context whatsoever.

Second, Psalm 2 is about the eternal nature of the kingdom of God, maintained through the Messiah, despite the chaos seen on earth.

It really doesn't have anything to do with the governance of a nation.
View Quote
So that part about the kings of the nations being required to kiss the Son is about what? There are only two choices here in who you're going to serve (thanks Bob Dylan). So who are the kings of the earth kissing?
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Brother I think you need to re-read my post.

I dislike the federal government and am an advocate for Jeffersonian ideals
View Quote
Ok, I will.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know why? I'm trying to converse with all as seriously as I can.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anti Christian? No. Secular? Yes.

Though some wanted Jesus Christ inserted, Thomas Jefferson explains the absurdity of that notion,

"Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed, by inserting the word "Jesus Christ," so that it should read, "a departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by a great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan, the Hindoo, and Infidel of every denomination."

In other words, the COTUS and 1st Amendment aren't anti-Christian, but they're for all Americans of any faith..., which may be to the chagrin of Christians, but, oh well.

View Quote

That was for the VA bill for Establishing Religious Freedom

Had nothing to do with the 1A.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why not explain how "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" is somehow anti Christian.
View Quote

It isn't it refers to a state church like the Kings of England imposed upon the people.

America was founded as a church relocation project got rid of those pesky protestants that wanted to worship
God and His Son they way they saw fit.

The founders knew this and were a part of the movement to free America from the restraints of the king.

Especially in their religious lives.

Pagans & their communists brethren have sought to twist the meaning to propagandize for the notion that
the founders were against religion...

So the troll in this case is the OP trying to start trouble with Christians and looking for allies in that harassment

imo
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So that part about the kings of the nations being required to kiss the Son is about what? There are only two choices here in who you're going to serve (thanks Bob Dylan). So who are the kings of the earth kissing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, first, you haven't made any claims of what it says, you're just dropping it like a trump card with no context whatsoever.

It really doesn't have anything to do with the governance of a nation.

It’s a call to all the earth to trust in Jesus. It has nothing to do with the governance of a nation.

It’s like you googled a Bible verse about kings and decided to cram the worst takes possible into it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And you are going to force everyone to subscribe to your interpretation?

Even if you're a significant minority?  And the others?  Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius?
View Quote
I don't subscribe to forcing this issue. What I believe is that someday Christ will subdue the nations to Himself by His word/law. But I think Christians should really ask themselves what part they have had in this mess of a country, if they think it's a mess, and what does God think about giving free rein to gross idolatry. Do they enjoy have wretched Ahabs ruling over them?
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The federal government is given specific powers by states

The states give up monies to fund this specific power

That's my answer to the government question. The answer to your second question is that my only master is the God of creation, the heavens and the earth. This really isn't a hard concept to me. Ignore stupid government, get to know the creator of the universe better and contemplate his greatness. Easy.

Trolling and stupidity is hard to differentiate from one another.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That was for the VA bill for Establishing Religious Freedom

Had nothing to do with the 1A.
View Quote

Yes, which informed his views on the 1A.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is this a weed thread, or a mental illness thread?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So, OP, what's your alternative?  Please, be specific.

I see things like "In God We Trust" on every piece of US currency, and quotes from the Founders like, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" and wonder how you can see anything about this country's founding as anti-Christian?

It's not a binary choice.  Just because the Constitution doesn't specifically endorse Christianity doesn't mean it's anti-Christian.  It simply recognizes that people might have other beliefs.

View Quote
It is binary, Jesus said you are either for Him or against Him. The founders did use a lot of god talk, but many didn't believe Christian theology or precepts. What they did do was codify religious pluralism. You can believe or disbelieve in any god, worship anyway you want...that's our law of the land. It's my premise that that directly violates the 1st commandment.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

FPNI

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Matt.22 Verses 34 to 40

[34] But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
[35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus doesn't say "Psalm 2".

View Quote
Here are some of the NT scriptures that quote Psalm 2 about Jesus. I don't know why you are quoting Matt 22 v34-40.

Some verses of Psalm 2 are referenced in the New Testament: Verses 1-2: in a speech attributed to Peter and John in Acts 4:25 26. Verse 7: in Acts 13:33; Hebrews 1:5; Hebrews 5:5. Verses 8-9: in Revelation 2:26,27; 12:5; 19:15.

For ease I just cut and pasted these.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thomas Jefferson didn't think so.
View Quote
Ok, but then I don't think Jefferson was a Christian. I wish I could have talked to Jefferson, but I can't, I'm talking to you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hey, I'm not the guy you called a troll. I was just commenting.

You post like some kind of Nephilim or something.
View Quote
I know, I was trying to word it so as not to convey that...in your previous post it sounded trollie. IMO.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He didn't claim that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't claim that.

My answer was yes.

1John 4:3. and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

The diabolical scheme of Satan is to disguise and counterfeit Christianity so that people (in this case) believe in America and it’s “goodness” rather than Christ. The constitution says; “a more perfect nation” it doesn’t say;  “A perfect nation”.

Christians understand that this world is not their home-where ever they were born, live, or will pass into eternity from.

This nation never has been Christian because this nation (whatever that means) collectively does not confess Jesus as Lord.
Individuals can and do… but this “nation” never has or will.

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Psalm 2  Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
View Quote

OP knows nothing about the founding fathers or American history.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It isn't it refers to a state church like the Kings of England imposed upon the people.

America was founded as a church relocation project got rid of those pesky protestants that wanted to worship
God and His Son they way they saw fit.

The founders knew this and were a part of the movement to free America from the restraints of the king.

Especially in their religious lives.

Pagans & their communists brethren have sought to twist the meaning to propagandize for the notion that
the founders were against religion...

So the troll in this case is the OP trying to start trouble with Christians and looking for allies in that harassment

imo
View Quote

And you would be wrong. I asked it seriously...the nature and application of government is as serious as a heart attack to me. I want a godly government. I don't think the modern church thinks about these things much, ancients did, maybe I'm wrong. I'm not primarily looking for allies, I'm looking to how should governments glorify Christ. I knew this would be highly controversial, but I do want what is best for my brethren...that is again...God fearing men in government.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It is binary, Jesus said you are either for Him or against Him. The founders did use a lot of god talk, but many didn't believe Christian theology or precepts. What they did do was codify religious pluralism. You can believe or disbelieve in any god, worship anyway you want...that's our law of the land. It's my premise that that directly violates the 1st commandment.
View Quote

So the only legal religion in the USA should be (rolls dice...) the Russian Orthodox Church.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Some seem to think I don't know what Psalm 2 is about. It's about Christ and God the Father's decree that He is the King of all the kings of the earth, that they should obey Him (kiss the son) or they will perish. That's just a quick go over, there's more to the Psalm.
View Quote

I would strongly suggest that you do a lot more studying.

The Bible was not originally split into chapters and verses
(they are tools for the reader to use)

Read Psalms1 and 2 together and it will help you understand

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the
path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of
the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted
by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall
not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the
ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Why do the nations rage, And the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set
themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the Lord and against His
Anointed, saying, “Let us break Their bonds in pieces And cast away Their cords from us.”

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision.
Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep
displeasure: “Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion.”

“I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.
Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your
possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ”

Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear,
And rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, what if it does? There is nothing in the US Constitution that says that you must be a follower of Christ, and thus a Christian. You are free to worship as you please concerning any deity that you want.

Or no deity at all.

It is a fact that not all will inherit the kingdom of the One true God.

On the contrary, many will die the second death and be separated from the kingdom of God throughout the eternal realm.

God knew this from way before the beginning concerning anything we might think we know about the divine nature and character of God.

The Bible states that it is not God's will that any should perish.

But, people don't have the power beyond the grave to save themselves.

The great mystery that all will experience at one point and there's nothing ultimately that we can do to stop it.

God, knows about all things great and small.

He knows the human heart like no other.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's a call to all the earth to trust in Jesus. It has nothing to do with the governance of a nation.

It's like you googled a Bible verse about kings and decided to cram the worst takes possible into it.
View Quote
Well, I would disagree, the church has been looking into this Psalm and it's ramifications concerning magistrates for centuries. The psalm specifically calls out the kings of the nations, not just a general call to the world to believe. I think your critique fails at that point. And your making assumptions about me that are not true.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, I would disagree, the church has been looking into this Psalm and it's ramifications concerning magistrates for centuries. The psalm specifically calls out the kings of the nations, not just a general call to the world to believe. I think your critique fails at that point. And your making assumptions about me that are not true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a call to all the earth to trust in Jesus. It has nothing to do with the governance of a nation.

It's like you googled a Bible verse about kings and decided to cram the worst takes possible into it.

Lol.

You’re so hilariously wrong here I don’t know where to begin.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would strongly suggest that you do a lot more studying.

The Bible was not originally split into chapters and verses
(they are tools for the reader to use)

Read Psalms1 and 2 together and it will help you understand

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the
path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of
the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted
by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall
not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the
ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Why do the nations rage, And the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set
themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the Lord and against His
Anointed, saying, "Let us break Their bonds in pieces And cast away Their cords from us."

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision.
Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep
displeasure: "Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion."

"I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.
Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your
possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel.' "

Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear,
And rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

View Quote
Thank you I try to study, you should too. You seem to be ignoring that very last part.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Lol.

You're so hilariously wrong here I don't know where to begin.
View Quote
If you don't know where to begin, try exegeting Psalm 2 publicly...just trying to help you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you don't know where to begin, try exegeting Psalm 2 publicly...just trying to help you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

You're so hilariously wrong here I don't know where to begin.

You should take your own advice.

This whole thread is a case study in eisegesis. Literally nothing you’ve said here is true.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

not sure exactly what you are asking.  my favorite scripture regarding this is in Mark 12 -- Jesus challenged by the Pharisees.

Paying the Imperial Tax to Caesar

13Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax b to Caesar or not? 15Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”   And they were amazed at him.

-------------

basically meaning there is man's law and God's law.  don't confuse them or assume one or the other do NOT apply.  in the end -- all that matters is your love for God and Jesus' redemption on the cross.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is any of that biblical? Has Christ signed off on that view? What does Psalm 2 require? Can men/Christians write laws that violate God's laws?

not sure exactly what you are asking.  my favorite scripture regarding this is in Mark 12 -- Jesus challenged by the Pharisees.

Paying the Imperial Tax to Caesar

13Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax b to Caesar or not? 15Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”   And they were amazed at him.

-------------

basically meaning there is man's law and God's law.  don't confuse them or assume one or the other do NOT apply.  in the end -- all that matters is your love for God and Jesus' redemption on the cross.

Completely wrong interpretation of this scripture passage.

Jesus was calling them hypocrites because THEY KNEW/KNOW and Believed that EVERYTHING belongs to God….. and that that NONE of it was Caesar’s -that it all belongs to God.
Ps 24:1, 89:11, 50:12
Also the poll tax was paid with a coin bearing the image of Tiberius Caesar with the inscription that read “Caesarea Avgvsti Divi Pater Patriae” Caesar the Divine.

Jesus did not tell them to pay the tax. Jesus was giving them a contemptuous sarcastic rebuttal that they could not argue (as Jews) against.

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So, what if it does? There is nothing in the US Constitution that says that you must be a follower of Christ, and thus a Christian. You are free to worship as you please concerning any deity that you want.

Or no deity at all.

It is a fact that not all will inherit the kingdom of the One true God.

On the contrary, many will die the second death and be separated from the kingdom of God throughout the eternal realm.

God knew this from way before the beginning concerning anything we might think we know about the divine nature and character of God.

The Bible states that it is not God's will that any should perish.

But, people don't have the power beyond the grave to save themselves.

The great mystery that all will experience at one point and there's nothing ultimately that we can do to stop it.

God, knows about all things great and small.

He knows the human heart like no other.
View Quote
Yes, the constitution does say you are free to worship or not any god you wish. It's codified into law. It also violates the 1st commandment. God/Christ, nowhere in the scriptures, has said this is ok, men are commanded to have no other gods before Him. It's actual pretty simple. I'm not really talking about ultimate salvation here, but the nature and duties of magistrates in the here and now. Is it not the biblical way that ALL summit to the LORD? Who's law is supreme after all?
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes, the constitution does say you are free to worship or not any god you wish. It's codified into law. It also violates the 1st commandment. God/Christ, nowhere in the scriptures, has said this is ok, men are commanded to have no other gods before Him. It's actual pretty simple. I'm not really talking about ultimate salvation here, but the nature and duties of magistrates in the here and now. Is it not the biblical way that ALL summit to the LORD? Who's law is supreme after all?
View Quote

Who at present is the Lord of this world?

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top