Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never been under  Spiritual attack in the way that I am now. Most here  know that I've been attacked a lot in the past.  I'm being attacked in areas of my life that I thought I would never have to fight spiritual warfare in.

I'll go ahead and ask for prayer. I am struggling more than I ever have.

Please, please  pray for me
View Quote

Copy.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Honest not trolling question, what is a spiritual attack? From some of the posts here it seems like any bad thing can be considered a spiritual attack like getting sick or losing your job, those kind of things are just part of life.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Believing Satan is attacking you personally is one of the things that drove me away from the church. The Bible never says satan is omnipresent nor onmipowerful. Much to the contrary every time he is in the Bible he is singular and usually appears in physical form. He is also always visible in the Bible.

Christians nowadays love to put anything bad on Satan. Unless that bad thing turns out for the better then it was God all along. Did a guy actually come up and do all the bad things you guys are saying happened in this thread? Has satan visited all of you in physical form?

Why do you think you're so important that satan would spend his time attacking you personally?

I say this from a place of bitterness I admit. I saw my brother do something horrible and told my parents about it. They decided satan was involved and filling me with hate instead of face the facts about what their son had done. They burned our family down using every verse they could think of to protect my brother. Now that some time has passed my whole family thinks I should just forgive and move on from what he did because that's "the Christian thing to do". Christianity is used as a shield far too often to block out things people don't want to deal with. I'm sick of it.

Shit happens. It's life, not satan. Deal with your problems and most of them will go away.
View Quote
Well put, and one of the reasons I walked away from the church but continue my personal relationship with God.  They use Satan as the bogeyman for everything.... Oh, Mary Beth is gonna lose her leg! Satan has a hold on her.... It has nothing to do with her unchecked diabetes and weight problem for the last 20+ years.  

And also the equation that I see churches use more and more that giving = prosperity.... but you have to give to the church.  Throwing $200 at someone on Arf that needs it desperately is not the same as tithing to the church.  This irritates me, a lot.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Honest not trolling question, what is a spiritual attack? From some of the posts here it seems like any bad thing can be considered a spiritual attack like getting sick or losing your job, those kind of things are just part of life.
View Quote
That is the issue with it..... everything bad is a spiritual attack.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It can appear as a lot of different things.

For example, when my wife and I get ready to study the Bible, we get a whole series of interruptions:  dogs barking next door, phone rings, yelling outside the house.  Then we pray for protection and all the distractions abruptly stop.

On the other end of the scale, I was doing Bible study as a young man with another young man in a parked vehicle at the church.  We were suddenly struck by what felt like a tornado shaking the pickup around and a sense of evil came over us both.  We prayed for protection, and the disturbance moved a few yards away damaging an apartment complex next door.  We prayed for a wider area of protection, and the disturbance moved further away.  One more prayer and it stopped altogether.  (This was in Arizona, not an area known for a lot of tornadoes.)

Each person's experience will be different.  For me, I know it is spiritual if one of two things occurs.  1)  I feel the presence of evil as part of the attack.  2) I am attempting to do the Lord's will, but every kind of distraction happens to prevent me from the Lord's will.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you a Christian? I dont think one can accurately decern a spritual attack unless one is a Christian.

However,  a spritual attack is when those "part of life" things happen in ways that targets ones faith, Christian walk, or effectiveness in sharing the good news of Christ's sacrifice for our sins.  It's not just the normal stuff -but can be-
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Been the roughest three months I have had to deal with.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Often, but this is the norm for California.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I know of one girl (not personally, but I know her well enough) that was raised a homeschooled Christian that was the full blown "Jesus is coming back very soon" type. But from what she has recently said, she's been going through a weird phase the last six months that has her questioning Christianity and religion and she seems on the edge of becoming an atheist. She's even saying things like "when I was a Christian". She's been monologuing it all on TikTok and it's been interesting to hear, but I certainly didn't expect that from her.

I was homeschooled as well, but I wasn't raised religious in any way. However, I have come to believe in God just through seeing the very obvious demonic agenda that's being pushed in society throughout the world... You can't have one without the other is my belief.

I have been more sick over this last winter than I ever have been in my entire life. It actually ended with catching covid for the first time ever as a nice cherry on top of a sh!t sundae! Not sure if that was a spiritual attack or just bad luck, but it sure sucked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Theres a lot of definitions of what a SA is depending the person making the claim.

As I said last page, the Bible is clear that we're led to temptation by our own internal desires. We have that inate ability to sin because we're human.

Satan and his minions OTOH are very active in the world setting the stage for mankind to indulge in their desires. Thats through politics, orginizations, pop culture, etc..... I dont believe they spend as much time on individuals like people think except if its a key person or group to push an agenda/policy/culture/idea. Do that and all they have to do is sit back and let mankind indulge themselves. Take war, abortion, the sexual revolution or feminism and the LGTBQ movement for example. All these things that break down the family and society is attack on mankind as a whole. Dont need to spend much time on the individuals when you got all that going.

People already have their own personal struggles, childhood demons, sinful desires and wrong information to deal with without help from the debil. Thats why anytime someone claims "I under spiritual attack!" I have to womder how much they're in denial of their own shortcomings and just blaming it on the debil. Besides, theres PLENTY of instruction in the Bible how to fend off the debil. The armor of God for instance, Ephisians 6.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well put, and one of the reasons I walked away from the church but continue my personal relationship with God.  They use Satan as the bogeyman for everything.... Oh, Mary Beth is gonna lose her leg! Satan has a hold on her.... It has nothing to do with her unchecked diabetes and weight problem for the last 20+ years.  

And also the equation that I see churches use more and more that giving = prosperity.... but you have to give to the church.  Throwing $200 at someone on Arf that needs it desperately is not the same as tithing to the church.  This irritates me, a lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Believing Satan is attacking you personally is one of the things that drove me away from the church. The Bible never says satan is omnipresent nor onmipowerful. Much to the contrary every time he is in the Bible he is singular and usually appears in physical form. He is also always visible in the Bible.

Christians nowadays love to put anything bad on Satan. Unless that bad thing turns out for the better then it was God all along. Did a guy actually come up and do all the bad things you guys are saying happened in this thread? Has satan visited all of you in physical form?

Why do you think you're so important that satan would spend his time attacking you personally?

I say this from a place of bitterness I admit. I saw my brother do something horrible and told my parents about it. They decided satan was involved and filling me with hate instead of face the facts about what their son had done. They burned our family down using every verse they could think of to protect my brother. Now that some time has passed my whole family thinks I should just forgive and move on from what he did because that's "the Christian thing to do". Christianity is used as a shield far too often to block out things people don't want to deal with. I'm sick of it.

Shit happens. It's life, not satan. Deal with your problems and most of them will go away.

Sounds like satan got what he wanted. Maybe you were more of a warrior in Christ than you knew.

We can find all kinds of reasons of why things happen. But in the end if you are saved and have a relationship with Jesus you'll see thru the bs. I can quote you many verses of how he attacks. He owns the world right now. When Jesus went on his 40 days, satan offered him the world and to rule it. You'd kinda think Jesus would know that's a lie.

Some people are just shitty. Some people are clearly evil. A few might be possessed with demonic agents. I think most are just shitty.

All that said don't let others push you away. If you pray and ask for wisdom, ask for mercy, ask for guidance, ask for His will in your life, you'll receive it.

A pastor once said the dead feel no pain, he also said if you aren't a threat to satan why would he bother you?

I look at my kids and know how profoundly I love them. God loves us in even more. What could your kids do to end that love? God even more so.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not so much on a personal level , but as a nation it is full scale war .   The evil in the world currently has the upper hand ,  they are winning .  Our illustrious POTUS claims to be a virtuos , religious man , so reconcile that in ones mind .
View Quote

This. Our retard in chief is literally calling evil good and good evil.  This is also happening by almost every liberal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The spirit of antichrist is rising and is on display daily.

View Quote

Yeah.
Reject him.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are you a Christian? I dont think one can accurately decern a spritual attack unless one is a Christian.

However,  a spritual attack is when those "part of life" things happen in ways that targets ones faith, Christian walk, or effectiveness in sharing the good news of Christ's sacrifice for our sins.  It's not just the normal stuff -but can be-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. If we are 'of' the world, then everything appears to be 'just part of life'. While I can understand that to a degree, some/most things can be traced back to a decision that led to that. However, how do I explain to my cousin why he lost his 1 year old to cancer? I believe it's because we live in a fallen world.
Everything is a spiritual battle. God vs evil. God didn't intend it to be this way. Free will brought us here.

We put our faith in Jesus Christ, or we put it elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Every day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes.  It does feel like a spiritual attack.  It feels like a Holy war is being fought within my very soul.  I sometimes loose a battle but I remain steadfast in my belief that Jesus Christ died for my sins and that I am saved by his grace.  All glory be to God the father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Spiritual attacks? Ya'll are outta your ever lovin' minds.  You live in a time and place of affluence, comfort and safety that earlier generations could never even have dreamed of.  You can get in your car and drive across a continent in a few days with the expectation of arriving alive; not dying of dysentery or sepsis in some desert or on a mountain after a couple of months of walking.  You're probably sitting in your climate controlled house in a comfy chair with a full belly, while bemoaning your lot in life on a computer that can reach across the world in milliseconds.   If some medical malady were to befall you, you will probably have trained emergency medical personnel at your location within minutes, where they will stabilize you on your way to an ER where doctors are standing by to save you with miraculous drugs, tests, machines and surgeries.  There's a pretty good chance all your children survived past 5 years old too.  That was not the case 150 years ago. Ever known a polio victim? How about smallpox?

You guys really like placing the blame for every disappointment and setback in your lives on the devil rasslin' with your soul.  Frankly, it sounds ridiculous.   In your minds, you rationalize that the devil is making your life hard and testing your righteous mettle, when in reality you've conjured  a boogie man out of your own spoiled expectations of what you think you deserve.  Whaaaa.!!! Get over yourselves and appreciate what you have.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... the greatest trick the devil ever played....
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/crycryGirl-329.gif
View Quote

You're gonna bruise someone's persecution complex talkin' like that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#18]
As for myself, and temptation, I try not to open doors that could invite the demons in. Our best and only defense is to have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us. Every day lately, I find myself praying that the Holy Spirit fills me, and the ones I love, so much, that there is no room for anything displeasing to Jesus Christ. I pray that for you guys as well. Just ask Jesus into your life. Ask that He fills you with His Holy Spirit and pray, pray, pray throughout the day to Him. It's about a relationship. Now that I've said this, I'm sure I've got a bigger target on me. The older I get, the less I care about being some kind of Billy-badass in this world. I have no one to impress except the Lord. And I don't think I'm too impressive to Him because I fail everyday. But hopefully I bring something decent to Him each day through the gifts that He has given me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see prayer as having the same issues.  Someone is in need and a bunch of people get together to pray that that need get's filled.  Instead of actually helping the person they pray for them and feel better about it.
If prayer worked it would be one of the easiest things to prove.  There would be bends in logic in the world. People would have to be controlled by God to change events and actual "miracles" would be happening all the time.  They aren't.  Cancer does just go away, cars arrive at their location in storms without divine intervention, people get pregnant after years of trying.  This stuff just happens.
The logistics of prayer actually working and free-will existing is mind-boggling.  When people think their prayers are answered do they actually think a chain of events tens or hundreds of divine-inspired events occurred all orchestrated by God?  If someone prays for a job, did God get someone fired so a position opened up, send an email to a person so they would see a job listing, then take control of the HR Manager to hire that guy?  Or did the guy just get a job like everyone else?
Also all the unanswered prayers always have a reason for that...

Christians seem to have this way of explaining God that everything he does is mysterious and doesn't allow us to prove his existence.  Shouldn't the creator of the universe do some absolutely provable things every once in awhile?  If it were all true, we would actually see this stuff happen on a day-to-day basis.  Billions of prayers are sent a day, many of them for things are not logically possible. Yet everything attributed to God in the last 1500 years is this weird unseen unheard mysterious stuff that people attribute to him but it ALL is explainable with normal logic and random chance.

I recall a family that felt in the depths of their hearts they were led to foster 3 kids that were in need.  They truly believed this was their life's calling and said God actually spoke to them.  Everyone was praying for them.
Things went OK for a few months but one of the kids filed a false report that he got hit by one of the adults.  They dumped those kids so fast their heads were spinning.
People who had been saying all along "you're doing God's work by taking these kids in" immediately switched to "God must have other plans for them".
No, life happened and what was interpreted as "God's will" wasn't fun anymore.  You can't immediately say that you believed something was 100% God's Will then the opposite is now his will.  What those people just did was say that random life chances were God's will.  Meaning anything that happens, good or bad, is God's will (this is what many believe).  But if God actually had a will, it wouldn't appear as random chance.  It's very easy to say everything is God's Will no matter what happens, but that is what so many people say.  That is not a will, that is Chaos Theory!

The bible literally says prayer can move a mountain.  This has been written down for about 1900 years.  Seems like a lot of people have tried this (I did when I was kid and know others who have).  No mountains moved...
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I see prayer as having the same issues.  Someone is in need and a bunch of people get together to pray that that need get's filled.  Instead of actually helping the person they pray for them and feel better about it.
If prayer worked it would be one of the easiest things to prove.  There would be bends in logic in the world. People would have to be controlled by God to change events and actual "miracles" would be happening all the time.  They aren't.  Cancer does just go away, cars arrive at their location in storms without divine intervention, people get pregnant after years of trying.  This stuff just happens.
The logistics of prayer actually working and free-will existing is mind-boggling.  When people think their prayers are answered do they actually think a chain of events tens or hundreds of divine-inspired events occurred all orchestrated by God?  If someone prays for a job, did God get someone fired so a position opened up, send an email to a person so they would see a job listing, then take control of the HR Manager to hire that guy?  Or did the guy just get a job like everyone else?

Christians seem to have this way of explaining God that everything he does is mysterious and doesn't allow us to prove his existence.  Shouldn't the creator of the universe do some absolutely provable things every once in awhile?  If it were all true, we would actually see this stuff happen on a day-to-day basis.  Billions of prayers are sent a day, many of them for things are not logically possible. Yet everything attributed to God in the last 1500 years is this weird unseen unheard mysterious stuff that people attribute to him but it ALL is explainable with normal logic and random chance.

I recall a family that felt in the depths of their hearts they were led to foster 3 kids that were in need.  They truly believed this was their life's calling and said God actually spoke to them.  Everyone was praying for them.
Things went OK for a few months but one of the kids filed a false report that he got hit by one of the adults.  They dumped those kids so fast their heads were spinning.
People who had been saying all along "you're doing God's work by taking these kids in" immediately switched to "God must have other plans for them".
No, life happened and what was interpreted as "God's will" wasn't fun anymore.  You can't immediately say that you believed something was 100% God's Will then the opposite is now his will.  What those people just did was say that random life chances were God's will.  Meaning anything that happens, good or bad, is God's will (this is what many believe).  But if God actually had a will, it wouldn't appear as random chance.  It's very easy to say everything is God's Will no matter what happens, but that is what so many people say.  That is not a will, that is Chaos Theory!

The bible literally says prayer can move a mountain.  This has been written down for about 1900 years.  Seems like a lot of people have tried this (I did when I was kid and know others who have).  No mountains moved...
View Quote

In before "I don't need proof, I have faith" and all the standard BS.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

For example, when my wife and I get ready to study the Bible, we get a whole series of interruptions:  dogs barking next door, phone rings, yelling outside the house.  Then we pray for protection and all the distractions abruptly stop.

On the other end of the scale, I was doing Bible study as a young man with another young man in a parked vehicle at the church.  We were suddenly struck by what felt like a tornado shaking the pickup around and a sense of evil came over us both.  We prayed for protection, and the disturbance moved a few yards away damaging an apartment complex next door.  We prayed for a wider area of protection, and the disturbance moved further away.  One more prayer and it stopped altogether.  (This was in Arizona, not an area known for a lot of tornadoes.)

Each person's experience will be different.  For me, I know it is spiritual if one of two things occurs.  1)  I feel the presence of evil as part of the attack.  2) I am attempting to do the Lord's will, but every kind of distraction happens to prevent me from the Lord's will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry. That a grown ass man actually believes this bullshit terrifies me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eactly.  Faith is actually not what Chistians have.  They have blind faith.

If you are at the top of a mountain and there is a rope that is tied to a tree you can inspect and have a decent amount of trust it will hold you on the decent, that is faith in the rope.
If you are at the top of a mountain and their is no rope and no way to prove there will be a rope and a sign that says "jump off the mountain a rope will appear, trust me there is gold at the bottom but nobody who sees it can come back and tell others about it" that is blind faith.  You can't prove it either way so there will always be the possibility it is true.

Our government expects us to have faith in it and we can prove the government exists.  The moment you can start inspecting the thing you are asked to have faith in that faith suddenly becomes very thin.
Without the ability to inspect, blind faith is able to exist.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry. That a grown ass man actually believes this bullshit terrifies me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to know the mechanisms he believes are at play when those prayers are answered.  Is a physical force actually stopping that dog from barking?  Are demons actually creating that specific tornado (a natural phenomenon that occurs on it's own and moves around on its own)?  Is God cool with demons creating that tornado, but he moves it a little bit at a time (by what mechanism?) because the guy is praying for a specific amount of the tornado to move?  How was his prayer any different than the millions of prayers from people in the Holocaust that God choose to ignore?

It sounds like his truck was undamaged by the demon tornado but his prayer cause it to damage an apartment complex...  I have questions.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

....I was doing Bible study as a young man with another young man in a parked vehicle at the church.  We were suddenly struck by what felt like a tornado shaking the pickup around and a sense of evil came over us both.  We prayed for protection, and the disturbance moved a few yards away damaging an apartment complex next door.
View Quote

That was a dick move. Were the inhabitants just not holy enough, or what?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you are at the top of a mountain and there is a rope that is tied to a tree you can inspect and have a decent amount of trust it will hold you on the decent, that is faith in the rope.
If you are at the top of a mountain and their is no rope and no way to prove there will be a rope and a sign that says "jump off the mountain a rope will appear, trust me there is gold at the bottom but nobody who sees it can come back and tell others about it" that is blind faith.  You can't prove it either way so there will always be the possibility it is true.

Our government expects us to have faith in it and we can prove the government exists.  The moment you can start inspecting the thing you are asked to have faith in that faith suddenly becomes very thin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said you went to church back in the day, what denomination was that?  There are many false churches and other christian churches lead by preachers as deep as a puddle-those preach blind faith.  

In Revelation christ only commends one of the churches around at the time of his appearing; out of the others, one church is "dead", one is reprimanded for teaching things that cause the church to stumble, another is in total idolatry, and the last doesn't even have Jesus in the building!  It's likely you were feed bad doctrine.

There are many prophecies and historical sources that can be used to substantiate the Bible, the existence of God, and truth of his prophetic word. However, most people bring the prior objections up because they dont want to believe in God-or hear their way of life has missed the mark and requires judgment and eternal seperation from God.

If you recognize you are awaiting judgment for your sins against God then I can help show you his word is faithful. Otherwise, carry on and I hope your eyes are opened to the battle for your eternal soul before its too late.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Voted No. Our lives (my wife and I) are the best they have ever been, we are retired and have no job pressures.. We wake up every day looking forward to things we plan to do that day. After our home was destroyed by Hurricane Michael we left Florida and now live in the mountains of North Georgia surrounded by wildlife and with great neighbors. We are financially secure and have no worries. We pray daily and are thankful for what we have and our 50 years of marriage together.

Stop watching or listening to the news, spend less time with negative, angry people and your lives will improve. Many times when peoples lives are screwed up they want to look elsewhere for answers and to place blame other themselves.

One more thing...we have never prayed and asked God for anything. When we pray over dinner it is to give thanks for what we have.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

WOW, praise The Lord!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely

It also seems like more and more Christians are talking about the end times. Both Christians online and face 2 face.

I myself have had a 3 year battle with cancer and was diagnosed last September with stage 4 that metastasized into my abdomen. My oncologist didn’t want to treat me and gave me a 0% chance of me surviving. He actually said those words.

God is still in control though. I had a CT scan about a month ago and it is not showing any signs of cancer.

WOW, praise The Lord!!

Praise The Lord!  He obviously has earthly plans for you, brother!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Spiritual attacks? Ya'll are outta your ever lovin' minds.  You live in a time and place of affluence, comfort and safety that earlier generations could never even have dreamed of.  You can get in your car and drive across a continent in a few days with the expectation of arriving alive; not dying of dysentery or sepsis in some desert or on a mountain after a couple of months of walking.  You're probably sitting in your climate controlled house in a comfy chair with a full belly, while bemoaning your lot in life on a computer that can reach across the world in milliseconds.   If some medical malady were to befall you, you will probably have trained emergency medical personnel at your location within minutes, where they will stabilize you on your way to an ER where doctors are standing by to save you with miraculous drugs, tests, machines and surgeries.  There's a pretty good chance all your children survived past 5 years old too.  That was not the case 150 years ago. Ever known a polio victim? How about smallpox?

You guys really like placing the blame for every disappointment and setback in your lives on the devil rasslin' with your soul.  Frankly, it sounds ridiculous.   In your minds, you rationalize that the devil is making your life hard and testing your righteous mettle, when in reality you've conjured  a boogie man out of your own spoiled expectations of what you think you deserve.  Whaaaa.!!! Get over yourselves and appreciate what you have.

View Quote

A lot of truth in what you say. Too many people pray for things they want, good health finances etc instead of praying to God to give hanks for what they have. My Grandfather was the most Christian person I have ever known and his dinner prayer was always this and I use it to this day.   "Our Heavenly Father, thank you for this food and all the blessings of life, in his name we pray, AMEN"

He was a poor, humble man but never raised his voice, never said a bad word against anyone and would give you the shirt off his back. He never had much but was thankful for what he and his family had.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dude I am dying reading this comment.  I'm just imagining you walking behind a tornado praying it into apartment buildings and thinking God is listening to you and allowing you to direct a twisters path.

I haven't giggled so hard in a long time.

Quoted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one dying of laughter.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So....life then?

So you are a little bit depressed that things are going shitty, and that's a spiritual attack?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now notice how many people in this thread also do.....should be a little concerning.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

....I was doing Bible study as a young man with another young man in a parked vehicle at the church.  We were suddenly struck by what felt like a tornado shaking the pickup around and a sense of evil came over us both.  We prayed for protection, and the disturbance moved a few yards away damaging an apartment complex next door.

Maybe there was a prayer duel going on, and the apartment people lost.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One more thing...we have never prayed and asked God for anything. When we pray over dinner it is to give thanks for what we have.
View Quote

I've tried to make this a tenant of my own practice of faith.

I do often find myself asking for things by giving thanks for them though and then by reciting catholic prayers am also asking for forgiveness etc...

At any rate I am not expecting divine intervention, rather focusing to find what already exists.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You said you went to church back in the day, what denomination was that?  There are many false churches and other christian churches lead by preachers as deep as a puddle-those preach blind faith.  

In Revelation christ only commends one of the churches around at the time of his appearing; out of the others, one church is "dead", one is reprimanded for teaching things that cause the church to stumble, another is in total idolatry, and the last doesn't even have Jesus in the building!  It's likely you were feed bad doctrine.

There are many prophecies and historical sources that can be used to substantiate the Bible, the existence of God, and truth of his prophetic word. However, most people bring the prior objections up because they dont want to believe in God-or hear their way of life has missed the mark and requires judgment and eternal seperation from God.

If you recognize you are awaiting judgment for your sins against God then I can help show you his word is faithful. Otherwise, carry on and I hope your eyes are opened to the battle for your eternal soul before its too late.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I went to a Baptist Church that was smaller and tried to stick to the bible only as much as possible.  I have read the bible quite a few times and especially my last pastor was awesome.  I have confidence I got a pretty good education in what Christianity is.
A couple of verses to back up the bible clearly teaching blind faith:

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Yes, my church taught a lot about seeing God's works to base your faith on.  I remember sermons saying our faith was not blind faith, but the argument never made sense to me.  What they claimed were God's works were just the normal workings of the world.  Never did I see anything that could not have happened in a universe without a God.  It always bothered me growing up.
And to put your faith in a book written between 2600 and 1800 years ago does not make much sense.  Most all of the proof of the bible being true comes from the bible itself.

I would be very interested in hearing more about what you have to say about this:

I will warn you though that once I started to research my doubts trying to find other sources that backed the bible up (by looking at material that is outside of "biblical archeology") it became very clear that biblical sources do not use the same requirements as most other historians.
It turns out there are incredible resources that use actual scientific method to look at the history during the Anno Dominium era and earlier.  Unfortunately many of them conflict with biblical history in ways that don't allow both narratives to exist.  It has been largely agreed that the Israelites were never enslaved by the Egyptians and even if they were they claim to have escaped to Judea... Which in that time period was controlled by Egypt!  Ironically archeologist, geneticist, and historical linguist now all agree that Israelites were actually Canaanites all along.  So when they wrote their origin stories of how they ended up in Judea (Canaan is the same place) they were writing a story about how they got to exactly where they were without knowing the history of the land for the last 1000 years.  They did this through oral history and taking stories from other people and adapting them to their own (such as taking the Epic of Gilgamesh and plagiarizing it into the story of Noah).

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like so many others of the usual suspects come here to mock, this post misses the plot altogether in its scoffing bitterness.

Every word and sentiment wrapped up about the temporal and material life and its fleeting outcomes, which will be snatched from you in an instant in a day you can't control whether you sat fat and comfortable and successful wealthy in entertainment you whole life or wallowed in hardship and suffering - either extreme of Job - or anything in between.

For the soul on the pilgrimage every trial and every triumph of life is the spiritual battle. We are called to be warriors of the inner being - warriors of the heart winning the inner battle first, taking up arms willingly opting into the the battle of the secret unseen place from which then can flow the river of eternal life.  That battle is on no matter what the circumstances, but the stakes are up in a particular way when those who hate God in their hearts partner with the legions of rebellious entities to suppress the truth in order to excuse their love of sin.

"For the wisdom of the world is foolishness in God's sight" and "the wisdom of God is foolishness to those who are perishing"

There is no spiritual battle for those who opt out, placing their trust in things of the material world - there is only capitulation and bondage - self-deception and sometimes blissful denial.

And there is no victimhood for those who have placed Christ the warrior selfless-king as their King.

As Romans puts it, when we submit to Jesus as King and Savior we are "more than conquerors" in the true, unseen reality in spite of the circumstances of this earthly life:

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why do you think you’re so important that satan would spend his time attacking you personally?

I say this from a place of bitterness I admit. I saw my brother do something horrible and told my parents about it. They decided satan was involved and filling me with hate instead of face the facts about what their son had done. They burned our family down using every verse they could think of to protect my brother. Now that some time has passed my whole family thinks I should just forgive and move on from what he did because that’s “the Christian thing to do”. Christianity is used as a shield far too often to block out things people don’t want to deal with. I’m sick of it.

Shit happens. It’s life, not satan. Deal with your problems and most of them will go away.
View Quote

But we do know from the bible that 1/3 of the angels in Heaven rebelled against God and like man threw in their lot
with Satan.
We don't know how many total that 1/3 is.
Satan is neither omnipresent or omniscient but he has a whole lotta of agents working the human population...
In one case Jesus drove a demon out of a madman and the devils called themselves "legion" because they were many.
Satan is real demons are real and human nature is evil.
As long as a man is alive he will be tempted by the devil his minons and his own old nature...the human heart is desperately wicked who can know it.
He is faithful and will always save those who call upon his name.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#37]
These threads always bring out the "why are you stupid enough to believe this shit" crowd.

Unsubscribing.  I know my faith; I know Whom I put my faith in is real.  Not wasting time on skeptics.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Satan is real demons are real
View Quote

Please present testable, falsifiable evidence of satan and demons.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
(such as taking the Epic of Gilgamesh and plagiarizing it into the story of Noah).

View Quote

setting aside some of the minutia don't you find it interesting that there is record of a great flood from most cultures around the globe?

most of these are passed down through oral tradition which would of course be rife with error and adaptation to the locale as well as embellishment. Even if not historically accurate there are universal truths and similarities which span millennia and continents. We see the same sorts of narratives with similar archetypes and conflicts between them on these same scales in many religions and secular literary works. It can be a lot easier to try to pick them all apart than to find the value they offer.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

But we do know from the bible that 1/3 of the angels in Heaven rebelled against God and like man threw in their lot
with Satan.
We don't know how many total that 1/3 is.
Satan is neither omnipresent or omniscient but he has a whole lotta of agents working the human population...
In one case Jesus drove a demon out of a madman and the devils called themselves "legion" because they were many.
Satan is real demons are real and human nature is evil.
As long as a man is alive he will be tempted by the devil his minons and his own old nature...the human heart is desperately wicked who can know it.
He is faithful and will always save those who call upon his name.

View Quote

If God is omniscient and omnipresent and omnipotent, then why are people blaming Satan for anything?  God knows what he is doing, has the power to stop it, and won't.  God loves you, but not enough for him to stop Satan from giving you cancer, which he could do, easily.  God sits there and watches Satan use a tornado to kill your entire family while he is twiddling his thumbs.  God knows who Satan's angels are, where they are, what they are doing, but he does nothing to stop it.  Ie, you cannot claim God is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent AND that he loves you.  And you certainly cannot claim all those things AND claim that God performs miracles for you or that God grants your prayers, that would just be absurd.  Yet, people seem to just gloss over this insane contradiction . . ..
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw..he's just gonna cut himself with that edge
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
These threads always bring out the "why are you stupid enough to believe this shit" crowd.

Unsubscribing.  I know my faith; I know Whom I put my faith in is real.  Not wasting time on skeptics.
View Quote

Imagine my surprise.

See, this is where you guys get your proverbial tit in the wringer - you say it's faith, then you say it's real. If you would just leave it at faith, nobody can really challenge that. Faith is used in the absence of evidence, and is difficult to challenge. But it very seldom gets left there; invariably someone will declare (gods, demons, et al) to be real, then when you get challenged to provide evidence can't do it. It usually leads to a lot of philosophical 'if this, then that' garbage, but it the end it lacks anything of substance.

It's not dissimilar from arguments about the existence of Bigfoot. There's a lot of talk about why it could be, or is, but it's hard to get around the fact that at the end of the day, there just isn't any real, hard evidence.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Christians are always under spiritual attack.  It's been like this since the beginning.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Naw..he's just gonna cut himself with that edge
View Quote

LMAO, 'edge' and it's variations, is probably the most worn-out term on GD.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LMAO, 'edge' and it's variations, is probably the most worn-out term on GD.
View Quote

Its not like the exact same comment has been made twice in this very threa. . . .
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Brothers hold fast and know your scripture.

And our faith is not blind, the rejection of God by the ungodly is itself blindness, hear and see or don't hear and see:

From Romans:
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

And by their own words they fulfill the scripture:

From 2 Peter:
knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I went to a Baptist Church that was smaller and tried to stick to the bible only as much as possible.  I have read the bible quite a few times and especially my last pastor was awesome.  I have confidence I got a pretty good education in what Christianity is.
A couple of verses to back up the bible clearly teaching blind faith:

Yes, my church taught a lot about seeing God's works to base your faith on.  I remember sermons saying our faith was not blind faith, but the argument never made sense to me.  What they claimed were God's works were just the normal workings of the world.  Never did I see anything that could not have happened in a universe without a God.  It always bothered me growing up.
And to put your faith in a book written between 2600 and 1800 years ago does not make much sense.  Most all of the proof of the bible being true comes from the bible itself.

I would be very interested in hearing more about what you have to say about this:

I will warn you though that once I started to research my doubts trying to find other sources that backed the bible up (by looking at material that is outside of "biblical archeology") it became very clear that biblical sources do not use the same requirements as most other historians.
It turns out there are incredible resources that use actual scientific method to look at the history during the Anno Dominium era and earlier.  Unfortunately many of them conflict with biblical history in ways that don't allow both narratives to exist.  It has been largely agreed that the Israelites were never enslaved by the Egyptians and even if they were they claim to have escaped to Judea... Which in that time period was controlled by Egypt!  Ironically archeologist, geneticist, and historical linguist now all agree that Israelites were actually Canaanites all along.  So when they wrote their origin stories of how they ended up in Judea (Canaan is the same place) they were writing a story about how they got to exactly where they were without knowing the history of the land for the last 1000 years.  They did this through oral history and taking stories from other people and adapting them to their own (such as taking the Epic of Gilgamesh and plagiarizing it into the story of Noah).

View Quote

You are misinterpretating the selected verses to get "blind faith" out of that. It's about knowing and seeing enough proof to know he is trust worthy. Some need to see more than others.

Anyways, Here ya go. The exodus in Egyptian documents
The Exodus in Egyptian Documents

He does alot of research and compiling of translations from ancient sources and scroll fragments. Tons of information on his YouTube channel and website.

Also, Isaiah 53 it's a prophecy about Jesus and his crucifixion. There is also one in Daniel that predicts the exact day that the Anointed One, Jesus, would ride into Jerusalem on a donkey in the book of Daniel.   There's alot of prophecy, it will take me some time to pull up some good ones to go through.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Some of you sound like you are bordering on paranoid schizophrenia
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Like so many others of the usual suspects come here to mock, this post misses the plot altogether in its scoffing bitterness.

Every word and sentiment wrapped up about the temporal and material life and its fleeting outcomes, which will be snatched from you in an instant in a day you can't control whether you sat fat and comfortable and successful wealthy in entertainment you whole life or wallowed in hardship and suffering - either extreme of Job - or anything in between.

For the soul on the pilgrimage every trial and every triumph of life is the spiritual battle. We are called to be warriors of the inner being - warriors of the heart winning the inner battle first, taking up arms willingly opting into the the battle of the secret unseen place from which then can flow the river of eternal life.  That battle is on no matter what the circumstances, but the stakes are up in a particular way when those who hate God in their hearts partner with the legions of rebellious entities to suppress the truth in order to excuse their love of sin.

"For the wisdom of the world is foolishness in God's sight" and "the wisdom of God is foolishness to those who are perishing"

There is no spiritual battle for those who opt out, placing their trust in things of the material world - there is only capitulation and bondage - self-deception and sometimes blissful denial.

And there is no victimhood for those who have placed Christ the warrior selfless-king as their King.

As Romans puts it, when we submit to Jesus as King and Savior we are "more than conquerors" in the true, unseen reality in spite of the circumstances of this earthly life:

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, of all of the 8,000 to 12,000 gods that have been worshiped throughout history; in your mind, yours is the only one that is valid.  And to prove your point, you hold up a Bible as proof of that validity.  Although there is no irrefutable empirical evidence to support the claim your god had anything too do with it and the writings themselves are largely of unknown origin and veracity, you present it as proof positive that you are irrefutably correct.  Righttttt...  

What if I told you I was the best looking and most trustworthy person that has ever walked the earth?  And to prove it to you, I held up a book of unknown pedigree stating that those claims were not only 100% true and accurate, but divinely inspired complete with direct quotes of an invisible deity.  You have no idea where that book came from and have no other empirical evidence to disprove the claims.  Would you believe me?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you shorten your post like this one here then more people will read it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top