BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The ones I have seen have the buffer assembly connect to a removable piece so when it breaks due to the recoil stress, you can just print a new one and reattach it to the rest of the lower.

Here is one I did at 50% scale just for shits-and-grins....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/446553/20180723_094448-616865.JPG
View Quote
turn that into a .22!
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
As if the majority of guns used in crimes are not stolen by felons.

Much easier to do, and works everytime.

morans like chuck want people to believe that crimials get their guns legally by buying them from a gunshop and that criminals intent on armed robbery and murder will not break gun laws.

When is this madness going to be stopped and people like schumer shown for what they are.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not really.  The ATF has previously decreed from on high that even if you LOAN out your tools to someone to allow them to make their own firearm that you are in essence manufacturing.

Give vs. sell doesn't change the fact that they will come after you for manufacturing.  It's the act, not the money.

It's a crazy world when I can't loan out a jig to someone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is to keep someone with a milling machine from making their own lower? Most guys in machine shops make a lot harder stuff than a upper or lower.
Conceivably with additive manufacturing you could make an entire lower with the lower parts 'installed' all in one print.  Once the tech gets to that level of refinement it'll be pretty crazy.
If you won the lottery, couldn't you just endow Ghost Gun Charities LLC and give them away for free?

You're not "in the business" if you don't charge for your product, right?
Not really.  The ATF has previously decreed from on high that even if you LOAN out your tools to someone to allow them to make their own firearm that you are in essence manufacturing.

Give vs. sell doesn't change the fact that they will come after you for manufacturing.  It's the act, not the money.

It's a crazy world when I can't loan out a jig to someone.
Damn. I knew they put the kibosh on "drill parties" so I guess that makes sense.

Bastards.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So people wanting to do bad things were following the law and now that it is legal, they will start making 3-d printed guns.

if that is the case, can we take the original wording that prevented them from making them anyway and make an anti-murder law? It would be awesome to use that magic wording and put an end to murders.

Chuck You is a moron.
View Quote
He is not a moran, but he thinks everybody else is, especially his base, and he is mostly right because the morans believe his bull shit
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
so where would I download said 'ghost guns' from?  asking for a friend.....
View Quote
They will be back on the 1st.  I wonder if it's illegal if I share them today.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And historically and legally the registered part of the gun is the reciever.  The gov has to play by their own rules, well with Trump in office at least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately, this is how you get serialized and regulated barrels with a needed background check.  You know that will be the solution politicians will dream up.
And historically and legally the registered part of the gun is the reciever.  The gov has to play by their own rules, well with Trump in office at least.
Like with bump stocks?
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Schumer is a disgusting goblin who hates our constitution, people are learning what team he plays for. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]
What is the best filament for 3d printed lowers?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11770/copies

Looks like Thingiverse has removed the STLs.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I do NOT have or do NOT plan to buy a 3D printer, but I downloaded the files just to increase the download count and piss off Chuck.  I think everyone should download  the files just to give old Chuck something to bitch about.

BTW someone needs to explain to Chuckie how the interweb works and how he will never be able to remove the plans or block access to them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Schumer is more of a threat to America than an inanimate object called a ghost gun,fuck chuck
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The weapon is between people’s ears, Chuck.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#14]
"Ghost Guns?" What, are they "invisible?" Can they dematerialize and then materialize at will??? What a stupid phrase to use about an inanimate object.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#15]
if you see one you'll know how spooky they are
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The ones I have seen have the buffer assembly connect to a removable piece so when it breaks due to the recoil stress, you can just print a new one and reattach it to the rest of the lower.

View Quote
Cool...
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#17]
“Vice” had a short video on this last week.
While talking about the availability of easily 3D printed guns they showed an image of not only the actual goofy printed single shot plastic gun we all know, but also 3D renderings of an AR, AK, and VZ58.
So of course if this is how it’s being covered, the uninformed now think people are printing out piles of fully formed AKs in their living room.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I 3D printed an AR before it was cool
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Schumer is a whiny bitch. Even his name is mushy and sad sounding. When I hear his whispery hostile voice I feel like my ears are being raped by his old man pud. Someone please make him go away. No one should ever have to listen to that man talk again!
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#20]
If Schumer is complaining about it, it must be good for the country.  MAGA.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BTW, everyone who is worried that (metal) barrels will become registered parts like receivers to try and stymie 3D printed guns, there is already a solution that uses 3D printing.

You get some seamless metal tube of the right diameter, or just drill a straight hole yourself on a drill press.

You 3D print a plastic spiral the size you need and in the twist rate you want. Put thin wire in the grooves, then insert it in the metal tube. You take a battery charger for a DC source, hook it up to the wires and the barrel steel, and run salt water through the barrel with an aquarium pump and a bucket.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/02/diy-barrel-rifling-using-salt-water-electricity-3d-printed-jig/

And DMLS printers will probably be $1000 or less by 2030  anyway.
View Quote
Interesting....
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Ghost gun huh?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#23]
We hear ya Chuck, someone needs to do something about that pesky 1st amendment too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This piece of shit is gonna be pissed (assuming that he wins FDF's seat) that FCS brought the ghost gun bullshit to the national level first...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/350291/IMG_5069-616813.JPG
View Quote
Another dumb Fuck!
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Solid Works, calipers and the guns are all available. Oh - My - God,,,,,, the horror.

DON’T DRAW THE GUN11!!11

RrRRRrrrrREEEEeeEeEGrble
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Dear Chuck,

Get Fucked.

Sincerely,

America
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wish more mass shooters were armed with 3D printed guns (versus regular ones) due to their propensity to break.

Aluminum > plastic > 3D printed plastic
View Quote
I’m experimenting with a newer variation of carbon fiber filament that’s showing promise for an FPV drone. Excellent mechanical properties. Very tough. The CF fibers interlock during layer deposition and make a very solid part. Virtually no curling. Damn near glass-filled nylon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh. My. God.
It's an AR for a raccoon.

FINISH IT. In like .22LR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh. My. God.
It's an AR for a raccoon.

FINISH IT. In like .22LR.
If i had the .STL files for the rest I'd 3d print the whole damn thing. Would make a nice desk toy.....

I did print a full size lower at 100% infill. My printer definately needs some adjustment as the finished model was probably 95-99% full size. My spare FCG and upper wouldn't fit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
turn that into a .22!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

turn that into a .22!
I'll leave that to the professionals......
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Has anyone seen a finite element stress analysis or durability test results???

No one is going to be doing that in their  garage.

I wouldn’t want to be the guy pulling that trigger knowing that piece was never tested and demonstrated to not blow up.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, this is how you get serialized and regulated barrels with a needed background check.  You know that will be the solution politicians will dream up.
View Quote
Kalif is already working on this -- background checks on bolts, barrels, triggers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen a finite element stress analysis or durability test results???

No one is going to be doing that in their  garage.

I wouldn’t want to be the guy pulling that trigger knowing that piece was never tested and demonstrated to not blow up.
View Quote
Yes and yes. That was done years ago. FEA has been at the "garage" level for years, it's nothing special anymore and the current best designs have been shown to last thousands of rounds without failure.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#34]
OMG! That's like so SCARRY!
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
OMG! That's like so SCARRY!
View Quote
I agree. Polymer lowers are very SCAR-Y
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#36]
There have been plans online for a few years now, were they illegal down there?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Kalif is already working on this -- background checks on bolts, barrels, triggers.
View Quote
No problem

80% bolts
80% barrels
80% triggers
All coming soon, mark my words
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
There have been plans online for a few years now, were they illegal down there?
View Quote
Yes and no.

The problem Defense Distributed ran into was they posted them online. State considered it an ITAR violation (it regulates the export of any tech that can be utilized by a foreign military).  Violating ITAR is remarkably easy. Simply entering certain countries with regulated material can put you at risk of being in violation. Even civilian tech can be regulated if it can be adapted for military use.

This is the basis for how the Fed has kept these files offline as best they can. Actually possessing them isn’t itself illegal AFAIK, but allowing free distribution to anyone on the internet is considering exporting.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 4:46:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
no different than 80% frames/lowers
View Quote
Trust me, they know.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Trust me, they know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no different than 80% frames/lowers
Trust me, they know.
Well....no shit!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Firearms are not that hard to manufacture.

Criminals do not manufacture firearms.

3d printers are not going to change that.
View Quote
This. I'm having a hard time imagining them going to all the trouble to buy a 3d printer, invest time to learn how to operate it and then make their own (especially if they have a criminal record). There may be a few entrepreneurs, but for the most part, black market guns...
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Why do we all gotta be workin out of our basement as he suggests?

....ok, he right
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don't keep up with the 3d printing world at all, but I would have thought that since 2013 there would have been thousands of these files floating all over the world.  All sorts of stuff is "illegal" on the internet somewhere, but t does not seem to stop those activities.
View Quote
Has anybody priced a printer that will print a strong enough resin part to actually fire for more than ten rounds?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hmmm...
View Quote
Could be a version of a boating accident.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#46]
The Pedophile Chuck Schumer warned that the results could be disastrous — and could potentially arm people who cannot legally purchase a gun under existing laws.

Chuckie doesn't want anybody owning a firearm so what's the big deal?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Has anybody priced a printer that will print a strong enough resin part to actually fire for more than ten rounds?
View Quote
Pretty much any off-the-shelf printer will. The quality of FDM printers is improving by leaps and bounds, prices are coming down.

Printed lowers have surprisingly good longevity given the simple thermoplastic material they’re made out of. I’m not saying they’re better than aluminum, but they can work in a pinch.

As I posted earlier, newer nano carbon-filled plastics (PLA, PTFE, ABS, etc) are remarkably durable and they don’t tear up brass extruder nozzles like they used to. The printer tech is there, now the materials are catching up.

Chuck should be happy, most of the plastics these can be printed from are highly recyclable. No trash for the landfill, unless we’re talking AKs.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#48]
You know if this is constitutionally free speech how is chuckie gonna make a law to ban it.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top