Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
HUH....I did not get my mention.

I hope Seattle gets the gubbmint they voted in.  And they can suck a fart outta my ass...
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We firefighters an shit now!!!

View Quote

Looks like they're going to have to cancel the Guns and Hoses hockey games from here on out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who rule Afrikatown?
View Quote
YeetCannon runs africatown!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote

Yeh, sorta like "Chinatown" - except that unlike Chinatown, it's apparently not deemed to be racist.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
What idiots, sounds like misappropriation of city funds/material to me
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
dude, I'm sorry that we're at the cutting edge of clownworld..

this used to be a kinda country type state... conservative, just solid but kinda laid back when I was growing up many decades ago... I don't even
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It was closed and operations moved to a new station several years ago.  So what was given away was an old, empty fire station.
View Quote

Which, in Seattle real estate, translates to about 30 million dollars

NBD guys, we're down with the struggle!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I can’t wait for my state to start giving away property. I am ready to make a list but not sure where to start. Maybe a campground on the lake. Anyhow, I’m sure I will win in the courts when the state balks at my requests. At least the USSC are on our side..right?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
what's the black population of Seattle anyway? it can't be more than 10% can it?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It was closed and operations moved to a new station several years ago.  So what was given away was an old, empty fire station.
View Quote

It would be funny if it needed a shit-ton of repairs.

But with Seattle supporting communists and all that, the city would probably fix it all up first.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeh, sorta like "Chinatown" - except that unlike Chinatown, it's apparently not deemed to be racist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Africatown?

Actually in Seattle it's called the "International District".  Which is also apparently not deemed to be racist.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#12]
So now they can use the trucks to drive around and set random fires now?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That station looks like a dump.

eta- Is station 6 even active or was it closed/browned out and just being used for equipment storage?  

Yep:

"Fire Station 6 built in 1932 at the intersection of East Yesler Way and 23rd Avenue South, and has been decommissioned and unused for years. Now, it will be repurposed into the William Grose Center for Cultural Innovation.

Seattle's Department of Neighborhoods announced the move Friday, saying the transfer of the station into a community space is direct investment in Seattle's black community and increases the communities' ownership of land in the Central District. The Central District has long been home to much of Seattle's black community, but the recent tech boom has left many longtime residents struggling to keep their homes amid rapid gentrification."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seattle-will-transfer-fire-station-6-to-black-community/ar-BB15peHg

It's a crusty old empty building, but let's get all wound up about it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like they unloaded a white elephant.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Station 6. Makes sense. 6 is the Devil's #.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This an onion article
View Quote

OP posts fake news, laced with underlying racial sterotypes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This shit needs to stop now.
View Quote
I disagree, let them have their little experiment and let it run it's course to it's inevitable, bloody end. Let America see what it looks like.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This an onion article

Is it fake?  Because I can't find where it's fake?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This an onion article

Fuck I don’t know. I can’t find where it’s fake,but I can’t confirm it’s real
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, it's on a .gov Seattle city government website.

https://frontporch.seattle.gov/2020/06/12/city-of-seattle-will-transfer-fire-station-6-to-community/
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Now can we light it on fire?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#22]
What is “Cultural Innovation?”
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#23]
That'll be burned dow/ran down/wasted in no time at all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#24]
so the fire station which belongs to the citizens (aka the community) will instead be given to a mob (aka the community?) instead of providing FIRE services which assumedly were needed thus the fucking entire reason they built it in the first place??

holy shit how can people be this stupid?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote

And here I thought it was Wakanda
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yep:

"Fire Station 6 built in 1932 at the intersection of East Yesler Way and 23rd Avenue South, and has been decommissioned and unused for years. Now, it will be repurposed into the William Grose Center for Cultural Innovation.

Seattle's Department of Neighborhoods announced the move Friday, saying the transfer of the station into a community space is direct investment in Seattle's black community and increases the communities' ownership of land in the Central District. The Central District has long been home to much of Seattle's black community, but the recent tech boom has left many longtime residents struggling to keep their homes amid rapid gentrification."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seattle-will-transfer-fire-station-6-to-black-community/ar-BB15peHg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta- Is station 6 even active or was it closed/browned out and just being used for equipment storage?  

Yep:

Well, they are giving into their demands.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, it's on a .gov Seattle city government website.

https://frontporch.seattle.gov/2020/06/12/city-of-seattle-will-transfer-fire-station-6-to-community/

Honest question-does .gov mean it’s an actual governmental site?  Because if it does, i was wrong about OP posting fake news and I’ll have my crow lightly rotisseried with a side of hot sauce.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote

Is CHAZ now Africatown.

Cops kill more white people, we should take over something like maybe the Hamptons and demand an ocean front mansion.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Who rule Afrikatown?
View Quote

Aunty?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#30]
So i guess here is the question. Is that a functioning  fire station or just a unused or administrative building. If that is used for actual firefighters i dont even have words

ETA: Asked and answered.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#31]
So is Seattle now Africatown?  And the PNW native americans sign off on that?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK.. thats what i was missing.. Then Who cares.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#33]
The city is going to transfer a POS building that probably needed about $1.2M in repairs, reduced their maintenance costs and took a nice "charitable" tax write off.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Fucking trucks will be sitting on concrete blocks by midnight.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just give them the whole city and get it over with.
View Quote

Agreed, skip the BS and be done, that's the end goal anyways. The sooner we let them have it, the sooner it will all burn, literally and figuratively.

The sad irony is how hard the black leaders fought during the civil rights movement to end segregation only to have their grandchildren welcome it with open arms.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Modern day Danegeld.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Africatown?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#40]
All of those words looked like English but I couldn’t understand any of it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Who rule Afrikatown?
View Quote

Chaz Raz, homie.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#43]

So its a building that probably would have sold $1 due to  it being built in the 30s and needing 500k in renovations and not zoned residential. Fail to see the issue.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Can we get a meme of the little kid in front of the burning house, only with a Zergfaced grinning fireman?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Africatown is a group that acquires land throughout Seattle for the blacks.  Apparently not by purchasing it but by demanding people give it to them
View Quote

And... that's not considered the most offensively racist thing, evar?

Ookayyyy...
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Honest question-does .gov mean it’s an actual governmental site?  Because if it does, i was wrong about OP posting fake news and I’ll have my crow lightly rotisseried with a side of hot sauce.
View Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.gov

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Should make for an interesting Cops vs Firefighters charity event.
View Quote

What cops and what firefighters? The building is being given away to the antifafags, not the firefighters. I imagine that without a station, they will be laid off permanently. Same for the police with the abandoned precinct they ran away from. But, this is great. It shows just how pathetically stupid and incompetent that the communists/hippies/anarchists running Seattle and the state of WA truly are. Maybe the WA voters will finally drop their diapers and put on their big boy pants and vote these hippies and commies out of office permanently. But, one wonders how they ever got to the point of electing these iceholes in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I mean, I can't fault them for other people being dumb enough to just give things away...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Africatown is a group that acquires land throughout Seattle for the blacks.  Apparently not by purchasing it but by demanding people give it to them

I mean, I can't fault them for other people being dumb enough to just give things away...

I can. It's called extortion and they're criminal thugs that need to be living and scrubbing the concrete floors in a refurbished and modernized Alcatraz unit of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote
What?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top