Excellent videographer for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice vertical video

CWX doesn’t have nice things. Including videographers. I don’t make the rules, I just die under them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Explain why I should be nicer next year and not go full nightmare mode?
View Quote

in all seriousness, leave it the same

it's perfect nightmare
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Whatever happened to “reasonable” boom?
View Quote

it was still booming reasonably saturday morning

I tested its meddle the night before by punching it out of kai's hand into the ground. boom was fine but it just deflected the damage into the sandster's toe (sorry buddy )
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

it was still booming reasonably saturday morning

I tested its meddle the night before by punching it out of kai's hand into the ground. boom was fine but it just deflected the damage into the sandster's toe (sorry buddy )
View Quote

Reasonable boom activated self defense mode.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. It has earned its place where all previous booms have failed
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I yeeted it off the porch when certain parties wouldnt turn it down while I was making sushi. Im pretty sure it stayed out in the wild for a few hours before retrieval.  It seemed to survive with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
connex is actually 2 obstacles. one for the down and back. another for up an over.

i think they needed to be 10 mins each obstacle. doing 3/5 had me dying compared to the guys who could only do the tire.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]
One of my greatest regrets in life... top ten at least, was not having my camera ready when the last boom got the halberd. I feel confident cold steel would have at least given me clip on thermal money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

CWX doesn't have nice things. Including videographers. I don't make the rules, I just die under them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice vertical video

CWX doesn't have nice things. Including videographers. I don't make the rules, I just die under them.
OK, but...  the weather in the evenings was nice.  Downright pleasant, in fact.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That was the coldest August weekend ever.
View Quote

Haliburton weather machine is broken
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I forgot how bad swamp mud sucks.  It's everywhere.

https://i.imgur.com/VVZlgGl.jpg
View Quote

Everywhere?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
connex is actually 2 obstacles. one for the down and back. another for up an over.

i think they needed to be 10 mins each obstacle. doing 3/5 had me dying compared to the guys who could only do the tire.
View Quote

Are...are you trying to make Classic fair? That's not how this works.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]

It felt good to 6-pack again. Well, at least after I puked. Thanks @JohnStoner for the pics!
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you to our awesome sponsors, the Cola crew that kept us fed and ran people through the course. Most importantly, thank you RustedAce for putting this together. You ran a miserable event. It was wonderful.

I took almost 20 minutes off my time from last year, and still placed near the bottom.

I've got a lot to do before next year, as I plan on taking another 20 minutes off my run.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I need to make a disclaimer and let people know that if they want pics, provide me with phone and I will take pics.

Every year my wife is like, show me pics of the event, and I'm like, what pics?
View Quote

Can confirm

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Best shooting pictures of me from any of the Cola Wars thanks to @thesandstertx

And I’m actually wearing my helmet like I’m supposed to

My shooting here last year was a cluster fuck due to a blown primer locking my bolt up HARD. Think I took 7 rifle penalties followed by 4 pistol, so redeeming myself shooting was my number 1 goal, along with trying not to go 0 for 0 on obstacles.

Cleared rifle and left 1 pistol and really happy with that, although still need to work on being more accurate and efficient with the pistol.

Range pics:

Regular

Zoomed

Zoomed more
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Made it back to Idaho...still have another day of driving tomorrow after seeing some more family.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#22]
That's the sort of thing that makes me glad for a stomach that feels fine and back to normal within five minutes of chugging.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Please go do, you know, the thing:

Geissele
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Thanks-for-Sponsoring-CWAR-X-/444-296818/

AIM Surplus
https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Thanks-for-the-Continued-Cola-Warrior-Sponsorship/217-296819/

I don’t have the zuckerspace capabilities so please do the needful.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#26]

I had a blast this year and think CW x was one of the best events ever. Thanks to Rusted Ace for putting on an awesome event and all of the people who helped run. Full disclosure we followed all CDC guidelines and did not eat any bats. I of course want to thank all the sponsors who are more than generous. Big thank you to Geissele who sponsors triggers rails and uppers for High Woman and High Man.Not pictured prizes from Weapon Genetics, specifically airsoft grenades that my kids used on the local fauna. Big thanks to ADW knives who donated the knife I won! Its an amazing combat blade that would work great for bush craft and camping too. I want to thank kaik and locoengineer for patches this year. I won targets by Bluegrass targets and now can hunt Harry and the Henderson's entire sasquash family.  

There were so many great sponsors this year and I cant thank them enough for making Colawarrior and amazing event.

Please check out these sponsors if you haven't already!
03screwlariat
2nd Amendment Surplus
Abe & Moe
ADW Knives
Aim Surplus
ALG Defense
American Defense Mfg
Arisaka
Arson Machine
Blue Grass Targets
Cherry Balmz
Craddock Precision
Criterion Barrels
Cutting Edge Creations
Damn Yankee Kydex
doc_Zox
Esstac
Forward Controls Design
Geissele
Holdway Customs
Jolly Green Juan
Keep.Clear.Design
Macon Armory
Matt Helm knives
Mississippi Auto Arms
MK Machining
MOA Targets
SBF Kydex
Night Vision Inc
Rebel Rifle Ordinance
SPE Tactical Surplus
Tater's Welding
The Pew Shack
TNVC
Weapon Genetics
Vinland Pipes
Zero Day Consulting

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#27]
After action report on my gear, since we had new and punishing requirements to haul through the course.

The Esstac Daeodon was, as usual, an excellent plate carrier.  Very comfortable to wear, and while the weight of the armor certainly impacted my run, this was about the most comfortable way to have them on me.  The Esstac shooter's belt was new, and also performed great.  I was going to have it regardless, to carry my med pouch, but there was some uncertainty until right before the run as to whether I'd carry mags and chug on the belt or in pouches on the armor and a backpack I'd brought.  My initial thoughts were correct, and the mags, counter balanced by a dump pouch that was nearly tailor-fit perfect for a 2L, was a very comfortable way to beat those burdens through the course.  Peeps in the abdominal pouch, hung from the plate carrier, was an ideal carriage.  The one thing I lacked was a pouch for the chaser soda, I'll add a small pouch if there's a next time.  For this, a cargo pocket worked.  The helmet was not a big factor, I'd stripped batteries and NVG mount to save weight.  The straps adjust quickly, handy when you need slack for peeps and chug ingestion.  I do want to add a sling to the rifle, both for carriage during the run to the range, as well as to hasty sling up for standing shots.  The rifle was most excellent, and the ACOG/RMR was well capable of dealing with the targets, particularly the RMR for the standing one armed shot at the end.  Not having to drop my head for that shot is valuable.  The CWOCK is a CWOCK, and did its usual admirable job.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#29]
He needs a patch that says "I can find this guy"
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Gear I used at classic :

ESSTAC ASS carrier
ESSTAC Kiwi pouches
ESSTAC TQ holder
Ops-core bump helmet
Glock 17 with brownell's RMR cut slide holding Trijicon SRO
ALG Magwell
Glock 24 round mags
2 A Arms Balios Lite reciver set
2 A Arms ultra light weight profile barrel
LWRC ultra compact stock kit
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Geissele MK4 rail
PWS 556 muzzle brake
Forward Controls Bolt Release
Geissele Super Precision Scope Mount 2.04
NX-8 1-8
ALG sling swivels
Geissele super charging handle
Lancer mags
Camelbak MULE

I wouldn't use this stuff if it wasn't top quality gear. I think most of it is the best available.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I need to put together a list also. Good idea.

I picked this up today. Big thanks to SPE Tactical for sponsoring.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
After action report on my gear, since we had new and punishing requirements to haul through the course.

https://i.imgur.com/4TdQvoE.jpg

The Esstac Daeodon was, as usual, an excellent plate carrier.  Very comfortable to wear, and while the weight of the armor certainly impacted my run, this was about the most comfortable way to have them on me.  The Esstac shooter's belt was new, and also performed great.  I was going to have it regardless, to carry my med pouch, but there was some uncertainty until right before the run as to whether I'd carry mags and chug on the belt or in pouches on the armor and a backpack I'd brought.  My initial thoughts were correct, and the mags, counter balanced by a dump pouch that was nearly tailor-fit perfect for a 2L, was a very comfortable way to beat those burdens through the course.  Peeps in the abdominal pouch, hung from the plate carrier, was an ideal carriage.  The one thing I lacked was a pouch for the chaser soda, I'll add a small pouch if there's a next time.  For this, a cargo pocket worked.  The helmet was not a big factor, I'd stripped batteries and NVG mount to save weight.  The straps adjust quickly, handy when you need slack for peeps and chug ingestion.  I do want to add a sling to the rifle, both for carriage during the run to the range, as well as to hasty sling up for standing shots.  The rifle was most excellent, and the ACOG/RMR was well capable of dealing with the targets, particularly the RMR for the standing one armed shot at the end.  Not having to drop my head for that shot is valuable.  The CWOCK is a CWOCK, and did its usual admirable job.
View Quote

But that's not an acog/rmr on your rifle...
Anyway good job on your run, I'd like to go to classic some day but I don't think my shoulder would hold up.

Eta: now I know how to use my esstac belt.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Are you the score keeper?
Is that why your score is so awsome compared to everyone else?
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Compare how fast he moves vs how fast I move in the video and you'll understand.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Anyway good job on your run, I'd like to go to classic some day but I don't think my shoulder would hold up.

View Quote

Mine didnt. It gave up during the handstand.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

SuperQ's did too, 6 inches from finish.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#38]
My gear worked great, everything else failed, especially the nut behind the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/4TdQvoE.jpg

D'oh!  That's the pic from the old thread, when the ayatollah wanted to know how we were planning to deal with the new torments.  I changed to the TA33/RMR since.

Here's my much messier gear pic, post run, taken Friday.

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn, it's uncomfortable when you're upside down.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a glorious hero of the colaland, his legs slipping down the side of the connex, valiantly fling his hand and the weight to the side to touch the line, in the split second before his face impacted the dirt.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I saw a glorious hero of the colaland, his legs slipping down the side of the connex, valiantly fling his hand and the weight to the side to touch the line, in the split second before his face impacted the dirt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was no longer able to breath at that point!
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I was no longer able to breath at that point!
View Quote

https://youtu.be/Fx1Kn0lk81o?t=11

looks like you took a knee to me
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Working on downsizing images and will get them posted! If you'd like the full size or RAW images for any of you, send me a message!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Finally made it home after our 4,921 mile trip to Cola Warrior X.

Haven't really unpacked everything so I don't have a great picture of all of the awesome swag I got from getting high woman, but managed to snag this one at the event. As always Geissele and ALG are awesome sponsors. Thanks for the amazing upper, it will go great with the ADM lower that I won at the event as well. I think it's time I build a rifle with an ACOG on it, and this might be the perfect one to do it!

Attachment Attached File

I learned a lot at this event. I was extremely happy with my gear, used a lightweight 16" rifle with a razor 1-6 on it (made it not so lightweight) and my (almost) brand new CZ shadow 2 at the range. Didn't clear pistol as quickly as I would have liked, but that's what I get for using an almost new pistol. It had less than 100 rds through it before the event. I can't be too picky since I cleared the range, but there is always room for improvement, time to start training.

Used a airsoft helmet and my husbands Esstac plate carrier, would like a smaller one for myself but other that that it worked out great. Just more excuses for me to get my own I guess.

My chug was very much less than par, my worst chug performance ever at a cola warrior. I can blame it on a lot of things including the 35 hour drive, humidity, lack of sleep, etc. but none of those are good reasons. One of these days I will figure the chug out. More things to practice.

As for the obstacles...I was hoping to get the tire, but besides putting in a good honest effort (and I have the bruises to prove it) I was unable to complete any obstacle. These obstacles are hard, and at most events I am happy if I can get 2-3 of them. The bench was basically 2x my weight so that wasn't happening even if I had a hare of upper body strength. Looks like i need to buck some more bales this summer since I don't have access to a gym right now. I was able to run the entire way to the range, which was a nice bonus that I wasn't expecting, especially with all the extra gear.

Winning High Woman at Cola Warrior X is a huge honor that I am happy to hold. My first Cola Warrior ever was West II. I hadn't been shooting for very long (maybe a year) and decided to drive to Nevada to try it out. Without ever seeing more than 1-2 targets at a "range" I was extremely overwhelmed. Since that event (and maybe even at that event, I can't remember) I have always placed 2nd or 3rd for females. At Cola Warrior Northwest I finally got high woman and within a year I was able to do it again at X. Having a personal range set up year round is extremely helpful, but it is amazing to see how far I have come as a shooter since that event.

Meeting new cola warriors is always great. Even when we rolled in at 1am, we had people helping us find a good camping spot and making sure we got set up, had food and beverages in hand. Cola Warriors always amaze me and as soon as I get home that post cola depression sets in. I can't wait for my next event, hopefully we will see everyone again at Northwest this winter in North Idaho. It might be actually freezing rather than the "cold" temperatures we saw in the swamp last week.

Thanks Rusted Ace for hosting, glad we were able to make it down and we are hoping to again in the future. Very thankful for everyone helping with timing, cooking food and making everything run smoothly. This was one of my favorite events that I have attended.

This event kind of turned into BMSMB's and I's honeymoon. We had to postpone ours this summer due to COVID and because of this we had the vacation time to drive down to X. It was a pleasure spending that time with y'all. Thanks for making it great!

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top