Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've wanted one of their original tanto fixed blades but they are too $$$ for me to bite.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to buy something from him. I've never found a Cold Steel I really wanted but I'll find something.

People like this need our support.
I've wanted one of their original tanto fixed blades but they are too $$$ for me to bite.
Factory Seconds were a thing on their website. I got a blemmed knife or two that way. Uneven coat, grind mark on the blade. No Cares Given
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Same, I'm picking up a Cold Steel poly shileghlagh, so I don't wreck my real one in this shitty weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-9__xnV5_k
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m not much of a “knife guy”. Its a tool, I have a couple.  This makes me want to buy a cold steel and kershaw.....cause screw benchmade.
Same, I'm picking up a Cold Steel poly shileghlagh, so I don't wreck my real one in this shitty weather

I've got a bunch of Cold Steel knives.
I'm going to get a shillelagh now because fuck you bench made guy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
https://ltspecpro.com Decent prices I stumbled across.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like their stuff also i hope they have been doing the right thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now, what about CRKT?
I like their stuff also i hope they have been doing the right thing.
So does the M-21 in my pocket.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For $60 on Amazon there's no reason not to give it a try.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Still popular with quite a few of them. They were also issued the Recon Tanto folder for a while from what I understand.
They are nice knives.

A few years ago I was watching one of my favorite repeat movies - Black Rain.  When Sato pulled the knife on Michael Douglas, I started looking for a similar knife on the net.  Came across Cold Steel's site and started looking at all their knives and saw an interesting knife that of course I did not need.

Their dual edged OSS.   Saw their videos on it.  Read some reviews.  And then saw this youtube video.

Sold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aot5PjjAntc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aot5PjjAntc
For $60 on Amazon there's no reason not to give it a try.
Nothing beats a dagger for stabbing things.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nothing beats a dagger for stabbing things.
View Quote
Sometimes stabbing isn't enough.

@ 1:57

Hand-And-A-Half Sword : Cold Steel
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He sounds operator as fuck carrying no less then 3 knifes on him as all times
View Quote
One for every 150 lbs.  He's a big man.  He can also shoot.

I have purchased cold steel in the past.  Even have one in my suv.

Txl
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]
ECA*

@ 1:19

*everyday carry axe

If that had a telescoping handle like an ASP...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’ve had one for over 20 years. It’s a great piece of work. Razor sharp and keeps an edge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get an SRK. Once you handle it, you're in love with it for life.
I’ve had one for over 20 years. It’s a great piece of work. Razor sharp and keeps an edge.
i'm surprised he didn't spook the buffalo with his clanging balls.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Lynn maybe a goofy fucker, but I went ahead and ordered a Tokyo Spike
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lynn maybe a goofy fucker, but I went ahead and ordered a Tokyo Spike
View Quote
Even indie reviewers are now doing meat tests!!!

@ 4:00

Cold Steel Tokyo Spike - 53NHS - Review and meat test
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this serious?

Where’s his red stapler?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Been eyeballing their drop forged knives, specifically the new model survivalist and hunter. I'm partial to the old air force survival knive, but their survivalist looks damned near unbreakable, as far as combat knives go.

Will probably pick up an SR1, seeing as I snapped my el-cheapo milwaukee knife into pieces.

Never, ever let an electrical engineering student borrow your knife.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes, Cape Buffalo, thank you for the correction.

Link to video:
https://youtu.be/FKI1xmtf5Ck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a cape buffalo.  Big difference.  The cape buffalo is by far the most dangerous of the Big 5.  He is brave as hell.
Yes, Cape Buffalo, thank you for the correction.

Link to video:
https://youtu.be/FKI1xmtf5Ck
Ho Lee Fuk that was badass!  He got that cape buffalo down on the first shot!
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ECA*

@ 1:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEQ41xTUBMI

*everyday carry axe

If that had a telescoping handle like an ASP...
View Quote
Not sure if he is in other videos, but Lynn is carrying a handgun on his hip in that video.

Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Smart move for cold steel
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
My dad has one of those. It's well made and came sharp.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I just bought a rajah 2 from bladhq because of you. $100something right now. Stonewash blade
View Quote
Its a great knife
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m not much of a “knife guy”. Its a tool, I have a couple.  This makes me want to buy a cold steel and kershaw.....cause screw benchmade.

I got 1 of these several yrs ago, when they were still using actual Blackthorn wood, it is nice. Where the thorns have been cut off, with the
sealant or coating they used- it could draw some serious blood if needed.

I've picked up some unique items from CS over the yrs, Lynn would get some interesting ideas on his travels, and pick up quite a variety of
weapons.  They make some very good knives
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not sure if he is in other videos, but Lynn is carrying a handgun on his hip in that video.

View Quote
I wish they'd sell those ketchup-filled ballistic gel torsos.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Get an SRK. Once you handle it, you're in love with it for life.
View Quote
I have a carbon SRK that I bought at the PX in 2003, I love that knife.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I only have 1 CS knife, a medium voyager tanto with serrated edge. Its not the nicest looking or the lightest but its damn near bombproof. I might need to get an SRK. Of you guys that have them, which steel do you have? $40 for the SK5 is tempting
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Now  i need to buy another Cold Steel.  Recommendations for an around the camp folder for hiking?  Something larger and beatable for pocket carry but not heavy enough it makes sense to carry a fixed blade.
View Quote
https://www.coldsteel.com/finnwolf.html

Pretty much exactly what your asking for. A folding Mora, if you will
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I just got around to watching the video in the OP.  I need to buy more Cold Steel.  This guy is a brother from another mother.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#25]
USPS just dropped this off.
Amazon Sunday delivery.

It's not very sharp but that's not the point of a dagger I suppose.
It is very pointy and stabby. Made in Taiwan.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
USPS just dropped this off.
Amazon Sunday delivery.

It's not very sharp but that's not the point of a dagger I suppose.
It is very pointy and stabby. Made in Taiwan.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/436951/20190224_120128_01_jpg-856511.JPG
View Quote
I believe that’s the knife in John Wick: Chapter 2.

John Wick Chapter 2: Knife Fight
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They are not even close to novelty. Cold Steel has always made serious weapons. They are pretty much the only company out there that has always been unapologetic in saying that they are selling WEAPONS, and they back it up by demonstrating what they can do. No one else has the balls to do that -- the idea of cutting people with knives is just too icky for them to even contemplate. So their competitors tap dance around the issue, and often hesitate to offer full sized combat knives at all.

Cold Steel says that knives are weapons -- and free men have a right and obligation to defend themselves. Cold Steel basically started the combat / tactical knife trend back in the 80's, driving their Tantos through car doors and the like back in Soldier of Fortune magazine (and what not). The industry probably wouldn't even exist without them.

Today, they are still doing their thing, still completely over the top. But that's the POINT. They are openly giving their customers permission to see their knives as weapons. You don't have to imagine what it will do, you don't have to pretend you are buying it to chip ice or open letters or slice cardboard, it's a weapon. And they are more than willing to demonstrate the point by slashing cows in half, hacking up liters of soda, or even chopping through meat stuffed cowboy boots. I LOVE IT.

Another thing: people give them crap for their line of cheap knives and tools. It's true, it does tend to de-value their entire lineup in the eyes of people who can afford anything they like and collect only the best. But not everyone can afford to drop hundreds on some Gray Poupon pocketknife. Lynn Thompson wants those folks to have a bad-ass weapon as well. And I will bet you good money that you can take one of those $20 plastic-sealed Walmart specials and abuse the ever loving hell out of it without it failing. It might not be pretty, but it will probably be a great value for the money if that is all you can afford.

I have been a Cold Steel fan for years. In my opinion they make exceptional knives and weapons, their higher end products rival anyone's and are often objectively better.

Oh yes....

FUCK BENCHMADE.
View Quote
The thing I always respected about CS is that even though they may sell some cheap stuff at the bottom of the lineup, it usually seemed to be functional and serious, not junk.  E.g. Bushman.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now  i need to buy another Cold Steel.  Recommendations for an around the camp folder for hiking?  Something larger and beatable for pocket carry but not heavy enough it makes sense to carry a fixed blade.

Just ordered a Master Hunter in 3V.    I have the Ultimate Hunter for a folder and could not really come up with a folder replacement.  I love the XHP.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I own a pocket Bushman. As long as you don't try to baton it sideways through a 10"+ dead dry log, it should be bomb proof.

I like it a lot for food prep. The lock and construction are awesome, and it's super flat, so if you want to carry it, it rides very well in the pocket for a knife of it's size.

I'd have a lot more of their stuff if they made more in the US.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They are not even close to novelty. Cold Steel has always made serious weapons. They are pretty much the only company out there that has always been unapologetic in saying that they are selling WEAPONS, and they back it up by demonstrating what they can do. No one else has the balls to do that -- the idea of cutting people with knives is just too icky for them to even contemplate. So their competitors tap dance around the issue, and often hesitate to offer full sized combat knives at all.

Cold Steel says that knives are weapons -- and free men have a right and obligation to defend themselves. Cold Steel basically started the combat / tactical knife trend back in the 80's, driving their Tantos through car doors and the like back in Soldier of Fortune magazine (and what not). The industry probably wouldn't even exist without them.

Today, they are still doing their thing, still completely over the top. But that's the POINT. They are openly giving their customers permission to see their knives as weapons. You don't have to imagine what it will do, you don't have to pretend you are buying it to chip ice or open letters or slice cardboard, it's a weapon. And they are more than willing to demonstrate the point by slashing cows in half, hacking up liters of soda, or even chopping through meat stuffed cowboy boots. I LOVE IT.

Another thing: people give them crap for their line of cheap knives and tools. It's true, it does tend to de-value their entire lineup in the eyes of people who can afford anything they like and collect only the best. But not everyone can afford to drop hundreds on some Gray Poupon pocketknife. Lynn Thompson wants those folks to have a bad-ass weapon as well. And I will bet you good money that you can take one of those $20 plastic-sealed Walmart specials and abuse the ever loving hell out of it without it failing. It might not be pretty, but it will probably be a great value for the money if that is all you can afford.

I have been a Cold Steel fan for years. In my opinion they make exceptional knives and weapons, their higher end products rival anyone's and are often objectively better.

Oh yes....

FUCK BENCHMADE.
View Quote
Well said. As far as cheap, Ed from Ed's Manifesto every now and then does a run on fruit
knives. He can't keep them in stock they sell so fast. They are very effective to boot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Hes a good salesman.  Ive had a Recon Tanto since the 90s.  I like their stuff and have bought more over the years.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 12:32:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://ltspecpro.com Decent prices I stumbled across.
View Quote
Just looked at them, shipping was kind of steep. But they definitely weren't selling at high MSRP
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Well BitchMadeKnives had their PR Flack talk to Tom Greshan on Gun Talk. It was largely a soup sandwich. Tom Gresham called them on their support for a Federal law for Interstate Transportation of knives. He basically told them the bill they are supporting will likely lead to knife owners getting arrested because it gives people a false reading. He urged them to back off their support for the law. Then after BitchMade signed off  the Oregon Firearms Federation came on after and took BitchMade to the woodshed for being full of double talk.

https://guntalk.libsyn.com/benchmade-talks-about-destroying-guns-donations-to-anti-gunners-oregons-strict-gun-control-bill-gun-talk-radio-22419-a
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a lot of knives that I use for hunting and skinning, but my Cold Steel Master Hunter is one of my faves.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 1:47:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Finn Wolf is a tank.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 1:54:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like a cold steel knife is in my future!

You know shits really hit the fan for a company when their rivals in kaliforniastan are doing pro-2A rebutal vids.

I want a spear and a gladius machete.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 2:26:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Just ordered a cold steel code 4 tanto, retro grey aluminum scales are a bonus.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 2:49:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Just ordered a couple CS machetes.  Been wanting to pull the trigger on them for a while.   I wish the 18" Bowie machete was still around but it is apparently discontinued and unobtainable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:14:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just ordered a couple CS machetes.  Been wanting to pull the trigger on them for a while.   I wish the 18" Bowie machete was still around but it is apparently discontinued and unobtainable.
View Quote
@ ken_mays This one?

https://www.coldsteel.com/bowie-machete-with-sheath.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:20:19 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
That one is the 12" blade.  This is the one I really want:

https://www.onestopknifeshop.com/store/cold-steel-97bw18s-bowie-machete.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:28:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I really enjoy my  CS bushman and it’s the dedicated  camper knife.
We have throwing competitions with it, batton wood, place it on a limb and have spear throwing challenge. Pretty much beat the ever living crap out of it. Lynn would be proud.

Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We have throwing competitions with it, batton wood, place it on a limb and have spear throwing challenge. Pretty much beat the ever living crap out of it. Lynn would be proud.

https://www.coldsteel.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/480x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/9/5/95buskz_1.jpg
View Quote
Those are a great idea, but they look so slippery they're scary.   I would have to knurl that bitch or something.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:37:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Those handles hollow or solid?
View Quote
Hollow to make a spear.  They’re damn near bomb proof and come with a fire starter
CS Bushman

It comes in a Bowie Blade too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah they know they fucked up but it's going to take a few weeks to months before they understand how mad we are. I can almost forgive them for chopping the firearms - those guns were going to bet executed if they helped (they shouldn't have) or not. But the tens of thousands given to anti-gun democrats is very telling and made me re-think the gun chopping.
View Quote
That is my thoughts.

No tolerance for supporting the leftists agenda.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#47]
I've had quite a few CS knives in my collection over the years. I think I still have 4 or 5 left over from probably late 80's, early 90's. Looks like a good time to let them go to good homes. I had a couple Bitchmades, but I can't seem to find them. Maybe they're hiding...
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#48]
While not balanced perfectly and sometimes heavy, most of their products are sturdy as hell. If the SHTF, I’m gonna wish I had more of their products.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone have one of their drop-forged fixed blade knives:

Link Posted: 2/26/2019 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Those are a great idea, but they look so slippery they're scary.   I would have to knurl that bitch or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.coldsteel.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/480x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/9/5/95buskz_1.jpg
Grip tape.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top