BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Register out of state to get around bullshit.

Like Vermont
Ask me how I know
View Quote

This.

My HMMWV wears Utah plates sitting in an Illinois at this moment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anybody in CO want to sell me a deuce and a half?
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
When's the month long convoy of military vehicles rolling around the capital going to start.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:18:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are a lot of vehicles about to be listed for sale.
View Quote

Yup, just bring a big ass trailer because you ain't driving it home.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can you register it in a neighboring state?
View Quote

Not if Colorado is anything like Texas.  They required a ton of proof of residency before I could register my vehicle there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How would a commercially manufactured Hummer H1 fall under military surplus vehicle?

Under that logic wouldn't every commercial  Jeep also be a mil vehicle?

What about Chevy Pick-ups and Blazers? CUCV anyone?
View Quote

This 100%  A H1 has as much in common with an 998 as a CJ5 does with a military jeep.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Climate change cult probably.
View Quote

More likely, trying to cut down on road maintenance.  My friend had an H1 from the dealer, when I ride in it with him you could almost hear it making pot holes.  Plus I think it was wider then most vehicles, even 3500 Pickups.  He was constantly hitting the rumble strips to stay in his lane.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did you just call me a pussy communist?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

It wasn't me!!

L.O.L.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Register out of state to get around bullshit.

Like Vermont
Ask me how I know
View Quote

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can't have those terrible war machines on our streets. Meanwhile Shitavious rolls around doing drivebys in a vehicle with no tag, a broken windshield, and no working brakelights.
View Quote
That's how you get away, dawg. Can't have brake lights or turn signals. That's how they be knowin yo nex move.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Fear of militias.

Fear of the peasants having vehicles as good or better than gov when it comes time to fight.

They will probably make up something about mil vehicles causing more wear and tear to the roads than "normal" motor vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've seen armored rigs mentioned several times in here. Those can't be sold as surplus right? Nothing with armor was what I thought the rules said.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?

Guessing tree hugger feel good BS?

The carve out for municipalities is a nice touch though.

Liberals should FOAD.
Cops need to keep their MRAPs

I've seen armored rigs mentioned several times in here. Those can't be sold as surplus right? Nothing with armor was what I thought the rules said.

There was (probably still is) a program where PDs could "buy" surplus military vehicles, including armored shit, for basically scrap value.  Put me firmly in the extremist camp of "no goddamned exceptions for special classes."

Fuck any law that exempts police, cities, etc.  CA loves that with their "safe" pistol list.  All states do it somewhere.   And the feds.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?
View Quote

Feelz
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can register it here and claim to stay here, just bring a small camper and park it in my yard for a nominal yearly fee and drive your vehicles there in Commie colorado. Get plates, tags and registration.  It happens here for people who cant or dont want to do smog testing.
View Quote

Just need a timeshare trailer... 365 nights available to purchase at $1 a night (additional lodging fees may apply).
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#15]
That bill history is somewhat fascinating.  The original bill simply excluded military surplus vehicles from emissions and safety testing, by explicitly giving them a waiver.  That actually does seem consistent with the remarks earlier in the thread that the sponsors wanted to make it easier to register them.  By the time it got out of committees they literally struck through every line and rewrote the whole thing to simply change the law and classify them as off road vehicles.  It passed both chambers with only one person voting against it.  Even the original sponsors voted for it.  I'm guessing most of them didn't even understand what they were voting for.  

Here's the official bill summary:
BILL SUMMARY
Surplus military vehicles - certificates of title - on-road and off-road use - appropriation. The act defines surplus military vehicles as off-highway vehicles for the purposes of titling these vehicles and of using these vehicles on and off road. These changes in the definition are as follows:

A surplus military vehicle may be titled as an off-highway vehicle;
A surplus military vehicle is not registered as a motor vehicle; and
A surplus military vehicle is treated as an off-highway vehicle for the purposes of on-road use and off-road use.
These changes do not apply to military vehicles that are valued for historical purposes.
View Quote
I could see reading that and seeing "may" be registered as off-highway vehicles and "for the purposes of on-road use" to mean you don't have to register them that way and they're still allowed on the roads, if you didn't bother to actually consider the possible consequences.  I think the DMV is "interpreting" it exactly as it's written.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Find 100 acres in Colorado. Incorporate it as ARF-ville. Sell 1 square foot plots. "Buy" mil surplus vehicles from screwed citizens.  Call them "Municipality vehicles".  Deputize anyone that owns 1 square foot. Issue them a department M-16.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
3. Can any Surplus military vehicle be registered for on road use?
The only surplus military vehicles that can be registered for on-road use are vehicles that are leased or owned by a municipality, county or fire protection district for the purposes of assisting with firefighting efforts, including mitigating the risk of wildfires.

Find 100 acres in Colorado. Incorporate it as ARF-ville. Sell 1 square foot plots. "Buy" mil surplus vehicles from screwed citizens.  Call them "Municipality vehicles".  Deputize anyone that owns 1 square foot. Issue them a department M-16.

for the purposes of assisting with firefighting efforts, including mitigating the risk of wildfires.

That sounds like something you'd have to drive all over the state for...
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
CO is so full of fuck it isn't funny.  That shithole state is lost.
View Quote

I always loved visiting Colorado but sadly not anymore, too many commie intellectuals determining peoples lives out there
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There was (probably still is) a program where PDs could "buy" surplus military vehicles, including armored shit, for basically scrap value.  Put me firmly in the extremist camp of "no goddamned exceptions for special classes."

Fuck any law that exempts police, cities, etc.  CA loves that with their "safe" pistol list.  All states do it somewhere.   And the feds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?

Liberals should FOAD.

But those can’t be sold to us. They don’t but them they’re free if they pay the cost of transport and are supposed to be kept in condition to return them. Same program a lot of police get M16’s from.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?

Liberals should FOAD.

This is armored and street legal here.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#20]
We need one place in the US that works like ship registration in Panama and Liberia.

F- those idiots
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That bill history is somewhat fascinating.  The original bill simply excluded military surplus vehicles from emissions and safety testing, by explicitly giving them a waiver.  That actually does seem consistent with the remarks earlier in the thread that the sponsors wanted to make it easier to register them.  By the time it got out of committees they literally struck through every line and rewrote the whole thing to simply change the law and classify them as off road vehicles.  It passed both chambers with only one person voting against it.  Even the original sponsors voted for it.  I'm guessing most of them didn't even understand what they were voting for.  

Here's the official bill summary:
I could see reading that and seeing "may" be registered as off-highway vehicles and "for the purposes of on-road use" to mean you don't have to register them that way and they're still allowed on the roads, if you didn't bother to actually consider the possible consequences.  I think the DMV is "interpreting" it exactly as it's written.

View Quote
So the politicians let themselves get duped.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#22]

You can buy all the armored vehicles you want that’s not the issue. Armored military vehicles can’t be sold to the civilian market and can only go to authorized groups, foreign countries, or be destroyed. That’s why you don’t see MRAP or even uparmored hummers being sold on govplanet
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We need one place in the US that works like ship registration in Panama and Liberia.

F- those idiots
View Quote
MT.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are you claiming there are no civilian H1s with a diesel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, the civilian H1 for road plates was sold with a petrol engine (5.7-liter gas V-8) that was smog legal.

Its just the military surplus diesels that where never smog legal to begin with, that you can not get plates for to drive the roads, and the same reason that you can not import a Toyota Hilux diesel into the states for the same reason.

Are you claiming there are no civilian H1s with a diesel?
I've only ever seen 1 H1 with gas engine. Worked on probably a dozen diesel powered ones.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've only ever seen 1 H1 with gas engine. Worked on probably a dozen diesel powered ones.
View Quote

There was exactly 767 gas 350 and 2 8100 vortec gassers made.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I knew they did some Duramax rigs but didn't know the 8100 made it into any of them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not if Colorado is anything like Texas.  They required a ton of proof of residency before I could register my vehicle there.
View Quote

Lots of trucks with South Dakota and Idaho plates.  Idaho is easiest and cheapest.  Fuck Colorado.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm shocked (well, not really considering how things are happening in Colorado) that this was implemented as such. I'm particularly shocked that the bill was co-sponsored by Sonnenberg from Sterling, a rural Colorado republican with lifelong roots in agriculture. He came back saying it's been implemented in a manner they didn't intend for, but why he or anyone else for that matter; felt the burning desire to make law for a problem that doesn't exist.

I have compiled a text document with every single Colorado legislators email address, it makes it very simple copy and paste the addresses so you can send a message to every last one of them in one shot. Could someone with a contributing account who can post an attachment get with me? I'd like get it up on here for anyone who cares to share their thoughts on this bill. The more messages they get the better. Tell them the magazine capacity limit is stupid too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nice job you liberal fucks.
Colorado DMV just revoked the titles to all military surplus vehicles. They will only be issued an “ORV” (Off Road Vehicle.) title.
This includes HMMV vehicles even if it was purchased from a dealer as a civilian vehicle when new.
You spent $70k on a brand new Hummvee H1 from your local Chevy dealer when they came out?
Fuck you, you can’t drive it on the street anymore.

View Quote

What? Do the "purchased from a GM dealer as a civilian vehicle" H1s not have 17 digit VINS?

From your hotline:
this change does not impact any Hummer make that was made by General Motors for on-highway use and has a conforming 17-digit VIN.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are a lot of vehicles about to be listed for sale.
View Quote

You mean that there will be a lot of vehicles registered in Montana to LLC’s.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How would a commercially manufactured Hummer H1 fall under military surplus vehicle?

Under that logic wouldn't every commercial  Jeep also be a mil vehicle?

What about Chevy Pick-ups and Blazers? CUCV anyone?
View Quote

Same reason they ban guns on looks
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What? Do the "purchased from a GM dealer as a civilian vehicle" H1s not have 17 digit VINS?

From your hotline:
this change does not impact any Hummer make that was made by General Motors for on-highway use and has a conforming 17-digit VIN.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I just read that at least one civilian Hummer owner (aka "H1)" had his vehicle reinstated.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just read that at least one civilian Hummer owner (aka "H1)" had his vehicle reinstated.
View Quote

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What was the reasoning?
View Quote

What does it matter what the reasoning is?   You know anything coming out of the noise holes is going to be a lie anyways.

OK, so they made their rule; now they can enforce it.  Good luck.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top