BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

There is a real and appreciable difference in the dynamics of a group of men and a group of women, 9 times out of 10.

Perhaps, but the incident in the cartoon does not point to that.  The logical fallacy that comic aptly portrays is quite relevant here, and embodies a shitload of GD memes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was in 4th BCT when this happened. Why are we talking about it again?

The story is even dated from back in 2010...

You don't even have to read very far down the first page.
Quoted:

yes it is

There's a more recent thread in which several people posted that this never happens in the military.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
2 year old story, but yeah... Officer wives...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD fuckin news.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't even have to read very far down the first page.
Quoted:

yes it is

There's a more recent thread in which several people posted that this never happens in the military.

I know when it happened, I was in his Brigade, we were deployed. It impacted our job zero other than talk of OMG did you hear...

I was asking why it is being brought up again thats all. So I guess it was because of the wife's facebook thread from the other day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why let chronological reality ruin a perfectly good flow of butt-hurt?  Next we can get all fired up over the way the epresidential election was stolen... in 1876.

Link Posted: 10/21/2012 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The FRG was almost the bane of my time in command. One has no command authority over the wives, if they don't want to get involved, you can't make them. But I still got to be held responsible if the FRG didn't work...
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why let chronological reality ruin a perfectly good flow of butt-hurt?  Next we can get all fired up over the way the epresidential election was stolen... in 1876.

Betcha some uppity bitch was to blame....
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Terminal Lance, a strip for every occasion.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
Any woman that EVEN thinks it's OK to mess with a man's career and work place should be outright paddled like a child.

Why would you reward such poor behavior like that? Men make no freaking sense.

Link Posted: 10/21/2012 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I understand back in the day the 2nd Brigade Commader of the 82nd.,  gathered the officers wives together in the Division theater and asked them to seat themselves according to rank. Afterwards he chastised them by letting them know that they had no rank and held no sway. They were there to support their husbands and the families of the troops. End of story.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Probably

Them women are always causing trouble

Free

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Betcha some uppity bitch was to blame....

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top