User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Posted: 7/22/2024 8:24:26 PM EDT
VIDEO: Cop Shoots Innocent Woman Holding a Pot in her Kitchen | FIRED & CHARGED
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
According to the body cam, that’s a bad shoot in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Bad doop, gud chute. Threatening a LEO with a pot of boiling water was a poor choice
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s a bad muthfuckin’ apple. But at least he went home safe…..
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
What did she say to him that set him off?  I couldn't make out what she said.

ETA: Found it in this article.  “I rebuke you in the name of Jesus.”

https://apnews.com/article/illinois-police-shooting-911-murder-7a1b433183933ca94f266c0f90753a33
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://apnews.com/article/illinois-police-shooting-911-murder-7a1b433183933ca94f266c0f90753a33
View Quote

She called 911 for a suicide by cop.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Some stills from the body cam vid very briefly show her with the pot raised and tipped forward, mid-throw.  From a crouched position.  Whether that establishes a significant enough threat will be debated.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Why it would be so difficult to inform the Leo "I've got a pot of water on the boil for pasta, I'm going to turn it off and move it to a cold burner"?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]
He's going to jail.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some stills from the body cam vid very briefly show her with the pot raised and tipped forward, mid-throw.  From a crouched position.  Whether that establishes a significant enough threat will be debated.
View Quote

I'd give the cop the benefit of the doubt.

He was instructing her to put it down the sink, she became non compliant, she sought cover, she made sudden movements while holding the pot. Sucks, but that's what it looks like to me.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#10]
She threw the water. Fuck her.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Election year + Ben crump = good shoot
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s good customer service then.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone trying to justify this just stop. They literally could have just left if they thought she was a problem. They had no reason to even be in her house demanding ID to begin with. I hope that asshole rots in jail
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
According to the body cam, that’s a bad shoot in my opinion.
View Quote

You need to see the other bodycam.  She was also throwing a pot of boiling water at them when they shot her.  You can see the steam coming up from it at the edge of the kitchen floor.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You need to see the other bodycam.  She was also throwing a pot of boiling water at them when they shot her.  You can see the steam coming up from it at the edge of the kitchen floor.
View Quote
You can see the whole thing. She pops up, raises it above her head and chucks it at them.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree this was a good shoot but it could have easily been a good "taser".   For pity sake, the officer refused to render aid....thats is gonna convict him by itself
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

She goes to throw it after they pull their guns and threaten to shoot her. At that point she responds to their threat.  All of this could have been avoided had they decided to not fuck with her demand ID they had no legal right to require.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Mental illness. Good shoot even though the herp eye guy left out the footage of the shooting.

Herp eye guy is reaching Ben Crump level of trolling.

Should be rated troll.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just imagine the smell
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Bad shoot.

BUT, the lady was either intoxicated or mentally ill. That was obvious.

And I can certainly see how that would make cops nervous.

Still a bad shoot.

IDK how folks do the job nowadays.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Skipped through most of the body cam earlier today. Unless I missed it, not sure why they really pushed the issue.  “No one is outside.  Have a good night.”

My guess is he appears to be trying to go down the CIT rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She goes to throw it after they pull their guns and threaten to shoot her. At that point she responds to their threat.  All of this could have been avoided had they decided to not fuck with her demand ID they had no legal right to require.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No she didn't. They should have left once they cleared the area and were standing awkwardly on the front porch. Did you even watch the video?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably because she picked it up again, turned toward them, and started talking the crazy talk.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
...she responds to their threat...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
...she responds to their threat...  

...by taking the room temperature challenge

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No she didn't. They should have left once they cleared the area and were standing awkwardly on the front porch. Did you even watch the video?

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
She deserved to get shot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#28]
How does one go about getting a kickback for all these videos?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I don't know about the whole situation and there's probably stuff they should have done better too.  I'm only talking about what happened immediately about the shooting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Make shitty ragebait content defending the worst dregs of society harder than the ACLU.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I prefer just watching the raw body cam and not listening to the annoying background commentary.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol
View Quote

Lol, he is going to prison
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#33]
The cop was kind of a dick.  
A lot of these use of force issues could be resolved by not being a dick.

“Yea. We checked the property out. We get that you saw someone, maybe they left before we got here?  Feel free to inventory your stuff while we are here and call us again if needed.”
Instead he was loud and confrontational and puffing his chest at her.

Not sure why they needed her DL. She’s gone and the RP, not a criminal.  

They had no need to enter her home.  

Having said that, if you throw boiling water at a cop, they will kill you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Probably because she picked it up again, turned toward them, and started talking the crazy talk.
View Quote

They should have never been in their to begin with.  The moment they thought she was acting weird they could have backed out and left. She had not committed a crime no reason to continue the encounter
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

With reflexes like his I doubt he spends his off time chasing cage kickers or pussy on welfare.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I prefer just watching the raw body cam and not listening to the annoying background commentary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But then you miss out on all the lawyering from people that try to get that sweet taxpayer money for themselves and then a little left for the family that cares so much now that she’s dead but not when she was alive and needed help.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#37]
After watching the second video, if he was worried about getting splashed with boiling water then why did he move closer to her?  Why not tell her to put the pot down and move away from it with her hands up before moving towards her?  Or why not just back on out the front door after drawing his gun and only shoot if she comes after them at that point?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Could have been avoided if they just left.  Also, water never would have made it that distance.  Bad shoot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
After watching the second video, if he was worried about getting splashed with boiling water then why did he move closer to her?  Why not tell her to put the pot down and move away from it with her hands up before moving towards her?  Or why not just back on out the front door after drawing his gun and only shoot if she comes after them at that point?
View Quote

Just stop with logic. Plenty of folks in this thread think it was a righteous shooting despite common sense.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice gymnastics there.  The lady was mentally not all there.  The grand finale was asking the cop why he’s backing away from the boiling water, asking why he doesn’t like her boiling water, then saying I rebuke you in the name of Jesus.  

All indicating her intent to fuck them up with her boiling water.  She needed to be in a home, and unfortunately her mental illness got her killed.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Could have been avoided if they just left.  Also, water never would have made it that distance.  Bad shoot.
View Quote

Water would have never made it that distance?  You wanna stand there and take a chance?  

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bad doop, gud chute. Threatening a LEO with a pot of boiling water was a poor choice
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#44]
@lawyerup  Doing Gods Work!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Water would have never made it that distance?  You wanna stand there and take a chance?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course not.  That's why I would put some distance between myself and her instead of closing in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nice gymnastics there.  The lady was mentally not all there.  The grand finale was asking the cop why he’s backing away from the boiling water, asking why he doesn’t like her boiling water, then saying I rebuke you in the name of Jesus.  

All indicating her intent to fuck them up with her boiling water.  She needed to be in a home, and unfortunately her mental illness got her killed.  
View Quote

The only thing that got her killed was an asshole cop
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Watched it several times, and did not see her even attempt to "Throw Boiling Water" on anyone!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

did she invite both of the cops into her home?  or did i miss something?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They should have never been in their to begin with.  The moment they thought she was acting weird they could have backed out and left. She had not committed a crime no reason to continue the encounter
View Quote

I believe they suspected the black SUV in her driveway was stolen.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Watched it several times, and did not see her even attempt to "Throw Boiling Water" on anyone!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His video conveniently left out the shooter's bodycam video. She threw it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top