[#1]
"Red touch yellow"
Kill that mother fucker.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Dead
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
You have to really put in some work to get a coral snake to envenomate you.  I'd let it live.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Confirm actual coral snake, then nuke from orbit
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
They move pretty fast and are hard to catch.  Lucky for me i'm slow and have never caught one.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Any snake that can kill my kids gets smoked. House rules
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
In my yard?  Torch that fucker for my dog’s life.

In the woods?  Let it be.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have to really put in some work to get a coral snake to envenomate you.  I'd let it live.
View Quote

This is where I'm generally at though I've never actually seen one as I'm a northerner. Rattlers, copper heads, cotton mouths... dead on sight. But I hear those coral snakes are pretty docile.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Let live, they are rear fanged. You would have to work to try to get venomated. It is close to impossible to get hurt by a coral.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#11]
They're a put the least aggressive snake I've ever encountered.  If you get bit by a coral snake, it's your own goddamn fault.  

Pardon
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Only 1 death has been reported in the last 40 years in this country. The kid tried to make a finger puppet out of it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Confirm actual coral snake, then nuke from orbit
View Quote

This is the only correct answer.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Pfft... I pick those little guys up and fling em out of the way.

Let it live.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#15]
The last copperhead I shot in the barn, I felt bad about doing it

It was raining outside and the poor bastard was just trying to get out of the rain I'm sure

But there were my pets and livestock...

I didn't want to risk shooting a hole through my barn, so I got one of my cans and screwed it onto one of the most accurate pistols I own. I used a bare lead bullet because I shoot a LOT of steels and I've learned a lot about lead splashes...and I used to shoot a lot of pool (billiards)

...shot the concrete a couple of inches aside of the snake's head and shotgunned it with lead "sprue". One silenced bullet became a shotgun when it hit concrete and the ricochet was a fountain of lead

my wife asked me if I had just butchered a cow in the back of the barn

read the Book of Genesis...I hate snakes
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Red touches Black, friend of Jack.

Red touches Yaller, kill a Feller.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]
That’s the only venomous snake that gets a pardon in my yard. It takes a fair amount of work for them to sink their fangs into you. Rattlesnakes on teh other hand are an entirely different story.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd leave it be.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't like snakes and down here in South Louisiana we see a lot of them.

Cotten Mouths, Rattle Snakes and Copper Heads all go bye-bye by the bullet.

Coral Snakes, not so much.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Pardon.  They don't move too fast, and supposedly their little mouths make it hard for them to bite lots of pieces parts.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a live and let live policy on them. They're sharp looking snakes and if you get bit by one it's because you were fucking with it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Red touches Black, friend of Jack.

Red touches Yaller, kill a Feller.
View Quote

I always thought it was Red on Black, two steps back...Red on Yellow, friendly fellow.

With my limited knowledge of Coral snake ID it's a good thing we don't have them here.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#24]
If its near the house ill kill it.  Otherwise if its on the outskirts of the yard ill just pester it with a stick until it decides my property isnt very conducive to finding its next meal.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The last copperhead I shot in the barn, I felt bad about doing it

It was raining outside and the poor bastard was just trying to get out of the rain I'm sure

But there were my pets and livestock...

I didn't want to risk shooting a hole through my barn, so I got one of my cans and screwed it onto one of the most accurate pistols I own. I used a bare lead bullet because I shoot a LOT of steels and I've learned a lot about lead splashes...and I used to shoot a lot of pool (billiards)

...shot the concrete a couple of inches aside of the snake's head and shotgunned it with lead "sprue". One silenced bullet became a shotgun when it hit concrete and the ricochet was a fountain of lead

my wife asked me if I had just butchered a cow in the back of the barn

read the Book of Genesis...I hate snakes
View Quote

Don't read Numbers 21:6 then...
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I don’t know shit about the difference between venomous and not besides a rattle snake so I kill any and all snakes fuck those cunt ass serpents
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Personally, I'd live and let live, but that's just me. It's pretty hard to get bitten by a coral snake (they can get their fangs into, but they're very uninclined to strike IME). I know the majority of GD disagrees, though.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#28]
If you have small kids who can't follow instructions, kill it. Otherwise let it be.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't have a problem with any snakes.

They leave me alone and I leave them alone.

They're eating things outside that I don't want inside.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Common venemous vs rare.....

I've never seen a coral and I feel worse for it. Corals and easterns would get a pardon and relocation.

Copper heads and moccasins and pigmys....not worth it....execute.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They're a put the least aggressive snake I've ever encountered.  If you get bit by a coral snake, it's your own goddamn fault.  

Pardon
View Quote

When I was about one or so I had a sand box right outside the back door so I could play in it and my mother could watch my from the kitchen. On day she realized I was playing with something and looked to see what it was. It was a corral snake. That ended that sand box. I don't remember any of it but that's what I was told.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Definitely let live.  Very cool, docile snakes, and will eat other venomous snakes with much worse temperaments.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't read Numbers 21:6 then...
View Quote

I see you own a concordance, but I fail to see your context
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

IIRC they’re rear fanged, so gonna be hard to get bit.
Plus, they’re not exactly aggressive.

Let ‘em be.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#35]
ALL SNAKES MUST DIE
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Bites are so rare they quit making antivenin about 5 years ago.  Our only true neurotoxin snake but small fixed fanged and has to latch on a while to dose you.

I vote live.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Live & let live with those unless by my house where my little guys might get messing with one
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Encountered a coral snake in its burrow while renovating a flower bed last year. It did nothing but politely flee. Non-aggressive, shy creatures.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don’t know shit about the difference between venomous and not besides a rattle snake so I kill any and all snakes fuck those cunt ass serpents
View Quote

Sounds like the snakes suffer for your ignorance.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I always thought it was Red on Black, two steps back...Red on Yellow, friendly fellow.

View Quote

There’s a reason you don’t hear that one very often.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Fucking Nancys on here.

A single death has been reported due to a coral snake bite in the United States in the last 40 years (roughly, since coral snake antivenom became available).
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is where I'm generally at though I've never actually seen one as I'm a northerner. Rattlers, copper heads, cotton mouths... dead on sight. But I hear those coral snakes are pretty docile.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll try to run away, then they'll try to play dead, then they'll poke at you with their mouth, then they'll try to run away again, then they'll shit themselves, then they'll fake strike, eventually they'll start biting for real but they won't release venom, and finally after you've really pissed it off and really should have got the idea and the snake thinks it's about to die, they'll bite and give you a little venom.  But it's really potent venom, so if you spend that 30-60 minutes trying to convince the snake that you're going to kill it if it doesn't kill you, you'll find out that the barest amount of coral snake venom is enough to kill you quickly.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Venomous snakes that appear in my yard die.

Venomous snakes that appear beyond the boundaries of my yard live.

Except for cottonmouths. Cottonmouths that try to get fish off my stringer or out of my fish basket die.

I hate cottonmouths and freely admit I doth persecute them at times.

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Dead. I have little kids that would try to make the cute little wormy-worm into a finger puppet.

Copperheads and rattlesnakes too.  

When they’re bigger and understand where to look and how to  identify venomous Mr. No-Shoulders, the conversation will change.

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's just sad.  I don't feel too bad if a rattlesnake or copperhead gets ended for being in a yard where kids play, even if relocation is preferable.  But killing them all, even the ones that are not venomous, is horrible.  And it gets you lots of rodents.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is not necessary.  There are a lot of snakes (non venomous) that eat or deter venomous snakes while also keeping your rodent and bug populations in check.

There’s probably a Facebook group for snake identification in your area or adjacent states.  Good resource in helping you learn how to identify them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are not aggressive like rattlers and water moccasins.

If I came across one where I didn't want it, I'd capture and transport to someplace farther away.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Pardon. They're next to harmless unless you're an idiot and they still do a good job of helping with rodents.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top