Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/14/2022 12:51:37 PM EDT
Waiting on getting tires installed at Costco. First time using them. Any issues with Costco?  Good or bad experiences?

Getting a set of Michilin defender Ltx's
$1,087 OTD

Attachment Attached File

ETA.  Great experience at Costco. In and out in an hour with making an appointment an hour before walking in.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just drove 500 miles yesterday to Tennessee. Great ride on new tires. (Probably not the smartest way to test new tires )
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
A good friend of mine used to run a Costco tire center.  Good dude.

I'd say they are GTG.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd say they are GTG.
View Quote

So far service is good. Friendly, fast, and adult techs doing the work.

Apparently they come with a tire protection plan with the purchase(not extra). Has anyone used this?  Other places charge $25-35 per tire for  something similar.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Our go to place.  Never had an issue.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Sales and install is good. They will find any excuse they can not to swap over summer/winter tires. Which is fine and I understand.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Shouldn't you ask BEFORE buying them?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Costco or Sams the only two places I've bought tires for the last twenty years.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only two places here had a deal I was looking for. First place fucked me by saying the tires would be available in a day. 3 days later still no tires. So I went to Costco and they had them on stock.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Costco and Michelin are pretty small companies.

Give it about a 87% chance you have issues
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Only place I've had that truly gave you an honest prorated allowance on a damaged tire.
Buy all my tires there.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Just had those same tires put on my SUV at Costco. Best price around, and took about 45 minutes.

Only complaint was they put those stupid green valve stem caps on. Had to go buy another set of black ones.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#11]
My go-to place for tires. Just bought those exact tires a couple of weeks ago
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just had those same tires put on my SUV at Costco. Best price around, and took about 45 minutes.

Only complaint was they put those stupid green valve stem caps on. Had to go buy another set of black ones.
View Quote
Green is for the nitrogen fill.

I prefer black as well for my custom blend of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and trace gases.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Those are excellent tires and Costco is good to go.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Only place I buy tires.  Last set of LTX went about 60,000 miles.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Costco and Michelin are pretty small companies.

Give it about a 87% chance you have issues
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Apparently they come with a tire protection plan with the purchase(not extra). Has anyone used this?  Other places charge $25-35 per tire for  something similar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say they are GTG.

Yes, i only had my tires for 6 months. had a flat tire recently due to nail and just walked in to costco and they plugged it for free
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I just had a set of tires installed by Costco on my 4Runner.  $500 cheaper than anywhere else for the same brand tires.  I have probably used Costco for the last 4 or 5 sets of  tires for our vehicles.They are GTG.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Waiting on getting tires installed at Costco. First time using them. Any issues with Costco?  Good or bad experiences?

Getting a set of Michilin defender Ltx's
$1,087 OTD

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220414_121427_jpg-2348729.JPG
View Quote

Free rotations and balancing while you shop for the life of the tires.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Not Costco but Sams Club. I found tires in my size cheaper from Sam's and will return to either of them. They're basically the same thing but with different brands.

Love the free rotations. Could have tires rotated at any Sam's Club for free, something I could and did take advantage of when out of town and my tires hit rotation milage. Also had once replaced on the road for free under their road hazard/warranty.

Buy with confidence, OP. Take advantage of the freebies.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Is there anything at Costco that isn't G2G?

Even their vacation and auto purchase plans are better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Only issues I had was when it came time for the free rotation & balance. Getting an appointment at my center that jived with my schedule was sometimes difficult. Often no one at the desk when you got there. More than once I'd have them paged by the Costco customer service desk to come out. Lastly, the R & B often took up to an hour and a half.

They always took care of me, but when I needed new tires I went with Discount Tire. Prices just as good and much faster service. YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I've bought my tires at Costco for years. Never a problem.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Costco is gtg, tire warranty is pretty solid too that is included. Just know they are a stickler for the safety rules with tires, which is a good and a bad thing at times.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just got into my car. Noticed the green nitrogen caps too. I wasn't expecting them to put nitrogen in there.

Someone remind me, why nitrogen?

They even gave me back my old valve caps.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I've used them in the past, no problems.  I prefer Les swab for convenience and customer service, free flat, rotation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#26]
The Costco closest to me is hot garbage as is their tire center. The could not balance my tires to save their life when they installed them. They broke two center caps and then feigned ignorance. Never again.

The Costco tire center about 20 miles the other way is great.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I prefer black as well for my custom blend of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and trace gases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, I have a special tank full of it in my garage.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I have those tires on my Grand Cherokee, love them.  I buy all my tires at Costco, have for years.  They warranty replaced a tire for me that I trashed off road.  It popped off the bead and was fixed on the trail.  They asked me how I got dirt and rocks inside the tire .
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Both my GF's Kia and my F-150 are on Costco-sold tires. Zero issues. I just had my free rotation done recently.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I would , but they don't do alignments,  so making 2 stops makes me not use them
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Even though we moved to Ga, we just replaced the tires on the wife units 4Runner with the same tire at our old NC tire shop when visiting family.

$1066 out the door. No upcharge for flat repairs and all that jazz.

Even fixed a stripped stud and lug nut for free because they could.

No reason for posting other than workday beers
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I are had 4 sets of tires done at Costco and never an issue.  Remember they do free rotations also so use that service
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#33]
GTG other than it being somewhat harder to get in for rotations.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, about 6 months after getting all new tires, I came around a blind turn and in the road there was a couple concrete blocks that fell off a truck. I swerved to miss but didn’t quite make it. Destroyed both tires on the right side of the car. AAA towed me to the store, they had me fill out a form stating what happened, I paid the $30 ($15 each tire back then) install fee and an hour later I left with two brand new tires.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I used them frequently in the past. No issues.

Sears on the other hand…
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#36]
GTG
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Costco closest to me is hot garbage as is their tire center. The could not balance my tires to save their life when they installed them. They broke two center caps and then feigned ignorance. Never again.

The Costco tire center about 20 miles the other way is great.
View Quote

Locale dependent....definitely a YMMV kind a thing.  The tatted up know it all that runs the one local to me as been a PITA to deal with on a set of michelens that are wearing way too fast.  

Latest solution was to only replace 2 of the 4 tires with a different model tire because the ones I have they don't have mine in stock.  That's a no go for me and he wants to charge me full price for 2 of the 4 to replace all 4.  Costco customer resolution had to get involved.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep, about 6 months after getting all new tires, I came around a blind turn and in the road there was a couple concrete blocks that fell off a truck. I swerved to miss but didn’t quite make it. Destroyed both tires on the right side of the car. AAA towed me to the store, they had me fill out a form stating what happened, I paid the $30 ($15 each tire back then) install fee and an hour later I left with two brand new tires.
View Quote

Interesting. The docs I have specifically say damage due to an accident is not covered.

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  I guess that would fall under "impact damage"
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#40]
I guess since it wasn’t an “accident” in the sense that a car hit me or I hit a car, they chalked it up to a road hazard
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#41]
The only issue I had, I bought a set of Michelin LTX MS2 for my truck.

Michelin has a 6 year warranty, Costco has a 5 year warranty.

At 5 years and 6 months I had 2 of them separate.

Took them to Costco, Sorry, nothing we can do.

Went around the corner to Discount tire, The prorated the 2 separated tires and I bought 2 others and saved money.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Just sucks getting in for a rotation.

I like Discount Tire better. I get the Costco price and have Discount match.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just got into my car. Noticed the green nitrogen caps too. I wasn't expecting them to put nitrogen in there.

Someone remind me, why nitrogen?

They even gave me back my old valve caps.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220414_133258_jpg-2348788.JPG
View Quote

The basic idea is that nitrogen is a larger molecule, so it doesn’t leak out as much. That is true if you’re talking about molecules working their way between other molecules, layer after layer. How much pressure is being lost that way?  Exactly. Actual pressure loss will be from a real leak, which molecule size doesn’t matter. Others may claim nitrogen doesn’t experience pressure changed from temperature changes. Regular air is already almost 80% nitrogen. And nitrogen does compress and expand…that’s what decompression sickness is from (the bends).

So although it’s not complete and utter bullshit, it’s just bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#44]
My tire picked up a nail while I was traveling out of town. Went in to the nearest Costco to get it repaired first thing in the morning.  They couldn't get to it until later that afternoon.  I had to remove the tire, put on my spare and drop off the tire for service.  They fixed it no problem, but I had to do the tire changes.  PITA
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#45]
You will wait. And wait. And wait.

It’s 4 hours, whether it’s installing 1 tire or 4, or even rotating tires.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would he care what the dumbasses here on GD think?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Hope your not driving a 2003 Ford Explorer.
I Bought tires through Costco online, paid for and appointment scheduled 2 weeks out.  The local store waits until the day before install to tell me they can’t install Blizzak tires on Ford Explorers because of some corporate policy due to an old lawsuit. I asked if he’s referring to the Ford and Firestone debacle from 20 years ago?  he seemed to think that was the reason for the policy.  I got my money back and went to a different tire store
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Over $1,000? Can't wait for a sale? I think they do buy 3 get 1 free for Michelin a lot.

ETA: Eh not so great but right now I see $150 off a set of 4 Michelins.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I have bought their tires before, only issue I had was getting back in there to get them rotated and rebalanced, it was always a very long wait.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Bought multiple sets of tires from them never a problem
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top