User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/15/2019 5:06:11 AM EDT
You can purchase an entire wheel of Parmaggiano -Reggiano for $900

OR...

A 6.6 lb. food service tub of Nutella for $22

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/costcos-bizarre-product-hit-list-6-weirdest-items-you-can-buy-at-this-mega-supermarket

Link Posted: 12/15/2019 5:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I was in our local Costco the other day and they had one of those cheese wheels on display and for sale, you would be so plugged up after eating that stuff.

Link Posted: 12/15/2019 5:19:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Covap Jamon Iberico Bellota Ham Leg with Stand and Knife, 15.4 lbs.
Your Price $559.99

100% Iberico Bellota Ham
Aged Over 3 Years, Acorn Fed
Each Pig Freely Roams on a Minimum of 2  Acres
Each Pig is Raised in the Valle De Los Pedroches in Southern Spain.
Aenor Certified for Animal Welfare
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Wtf $560 for some ham?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Just bring back my three pound cans of Kirkland's 100% Columbian Coffee Supremo Bean Dark Roast please.

eta, for $8.41.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll take a claw and a Doomsday kit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in our local Costco the other day and they had one of those cheese wheels on display and for sale, you would be so plugged up after eating that stuff.

View Quote
The power of cheese. ??
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Look at some of the booze prices - I've seen booze behind glass for over $1000 a bottle, some higher. In Costco. If I had that kind of money I'd probably be shopping somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Your Price $559.99

100% Iberico Bellota Ham
https://images.costco-static.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=12026540&imageId=1368553-847__1&recipeName=350
View Quote
WANT
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Your Price $559.99

100% Iberico Bellota Ham
https://images.costco-static.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=12026540&imageId=1368553-847__1&recipeName=350
View Quote
I saw one of those in my local Costco a few weeks back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OR...

A 6.6 lb. food service tub of Nutella for $22

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/costcos-bizarre-product-hit-list-6-weirdest-items-you-can-buy-at-this-mega-supermarket

http://favoritememes.com/_nw/88/08081462.jpg
View Quote

Cheese
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Who buys an “I” color diamond?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#15]
He went to Costco...

Somehow I don't see that playing out well in Palm Beach...
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#16]
You're not my mother, I'll buy whatever I want at Costco.
Did you see the samples over by the pallets of eggs? They were yummy.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Who buys an “I” color diamond?
View Quote
I wonder, at that price, you could buy a hell of a lot nicer diamond and have a custom designed ring to mount it in.  I showed my wife that earlier today and she said, nope to damn big and would snag on everything.

That said, most people can't even see the differences in color, until you get into the fancy colored diamonds.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who buys an "I" color diamond?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Someone who doesn't want to spend twice as much at that size  for a F/VS1, or 3x for a D internally flawless. Its why people shop at Costco.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wtf $560 for some ham?
View Quote
https://youtu.be/1xcqXBGv5DM
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I saw one of those in my local Costco a few weeks back.
View Quote
So did I. Wife said no
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wonder, at that price, you could buy a hell of a lot nicer diamond and have a custom designed ring to mount it in.  I showed my wife that earlier today and she said, nope to damn big and would snag on everything.

That said, most people can't even see the differences in color, until you get into the fancy colored diamonds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who buys an "I" color diamond?

It's size - a D/IF -F for around that price is roughly half the size. Hardly anyone can tell the difference of color or clarity in social situation. Half the size easily can.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Certified for animal welfare, yeah until he ended up hobbling around on a little peg leg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your Price $559.99

100% Iberico Bellota Ham
Certified for animal welfare, yeah until he ended up hobbling around on a little peg leg
Can you imagine the margin dollars on an item like that?

ETA that has to be pay on scan, I don’t think Costco would absorb that risk.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's size - a D/IF -F for around that price is roughly half the size. Hardly anyone can tell the difference of color or clarity in social situation. Half the size easily can.
View Quote
My wife worked in the Jewelry business for a longtime, and said, most people would say it is a fake rock, big stones like that are normally looked down on.  I bought her a new diamond for her wedding ring a couple of years ago for our 30th anniversary and she picked a 1.5 carat  VVS1 D color and has been very happy with it.

Want to get real fancy, Blue Nile has a 10.70 Carat Flawless D color right now for $1.6 million.

Blue Nile - 10.70 Carat
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wtf $560 for some ham?
View Quote
Special ham, that the poors can’t have. Like that Wagyu stuff.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wtf $560 for some ham?
View Quote
That kit is $700 on Amazon.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I like the bullshit about "chocolate" diamonds, they used to be called defects! An ass for every seat.
Oh the pork leg, A friend of mine got one for a mutual friend of ours (I don't think he paid that much) was rotten in about two weeks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I like the bullshit about "chocolate" diamonds, they used to be called defects! An ass for every seat.
Oh the pork leg, A friend of mine got one for a mutual friend of ours (I don't think he paid that much) was rotten in about two weeks.
View Quote
Those "chocolate" diamonds used to be ground into diamond dust and used for industrial purposes, I was amazed when Jared hit the market with them talking about how "Special" they are, I looked at a few of them a couple of years ago and they looked like mud.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Your Price $559.99

100% Iberico Bellota Ham
View Quote
I would actually love to buy that one. Too much money for poor people like me but you sure as hell can't take it with you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Reminds me of my Italian grandfather.

My sister was getting married and the dinner was held at a fancy Italian restaurant.

The had a wheel of Parmaggiano they used as part of the food display.

My 80 something year old Italian grandfather bent half a dozen butter knives in half prying off a 10-15 pound chunk of the wheel and hid it in my grandmothers purse..
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The power of cheese. ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The power of cheese. ??
If it’s real Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano, I would have that thing eaten in an hour. I go through that stuff WAY too fast. “A little for the salad, a little for me. A little for the pasta, a little for me. A little for me, and a little for me...”

Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My sister was getting married and the dinner was held at a fancy Italian restaurant.

My 80 something year old Italian grandfather bent half a dozen butter knives in half prying off a 10-15 pound chunk of the wheel and hid it in my grandmothers purse..
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#34]
No bulk imitation crab meat...I’m out
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#35]
The lobster claw and the doomsday preppers kit look like something you'd find in fallout.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If it’s real Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano, I would have that thing eaten in an hour. I go through that stuff WAY too fast. “A little for the salad, a little for me. A little for the pasta, a little for me. A little for me, and a little for me...”

View Quote
I'd do this with it. Have had it a few times, very decadent. Maybe top it with some of that pig leg....
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I went to Fogo De Chao they did the same, and I probably ate as much Parmigiano as I did steak.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
If someone ate that, they wouldn't poop until 2021.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I find that hard to believe.   Unfortunately my wife’s diamond is an “H” drives me nuts.  I guess that’s the price you pay for using a family heirloom that my great grandpa bought in 1910
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your Price $559.99

100% Iberico Bellota Ham
Well, when you have a pig that special, you don’t eat him all at once.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I find that hard to believe.   Unfortunately my wife’s diamond is an “H” drives me nuts.  I guess that’s the price you pay for using a family heirloom that my great grandpa bought in 1910
View Quote
You are talking an entirely different class of diamond than what is available now a days, in 1910, there were very few colorless or flawless diamonds even found, and the ones that were normally ended up in collections.

Things in the diamond markets have changed a lot over the last hundred years.  Even owning a diamond was out of reach for most people in 1910, one thing you might check, is the stone  in your wife's ring a ideal cut or an old European cut, many stones in that day were cut in the Old European style, which allowed the color to be more noticeable.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Your Price $559.99

100% Iberico Bellota Ham
View Quote
I saw this one at my local Costco.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Look at some of the booze prices - I've seen booze behind glass for over $1000 a bottle, some higher. In Costco. If I had that kind of money I'd probably be shopping somewhere else.
View Quote
Why? They probably got a massive deal on it and you'd be saving a ton.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wtf $560 for some ham?
View Quote
Heathen!  Not just "some ham."  Some of the most heavenly stuff you can put in your mouth.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My wife worked in the Jewelry business for a longtime, and said, most people would say it is a fake rock, big stones like that are normally looked down on.  I bought her a new diamond for her wedding ring a couple of years ago for our 30th anniversary and she picked a 1.5 carat  VVS1 D color and has been very happy with it.

Want to get real fancy, Blue Nile has a 10.70 Carat Flawless D color right now for $1.6 million.

Blue Nile - 10.70 Carat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue Nile - 10.70 Carat
No doubt - but depends on the social set.  "Most people" don't buy 10 carat diamonds. Lol I'd at least need to sell a place or two to swing one. But climbers - climbers do. Mostly they aren't as flush as they'd have you believe - hence the size over quality. It's an arduous climb from Palo Alto to Hillsborough tho, so needs must.

As you said - virtually no one can tell between adjacent grades. Acquaintance who's come into the venerable family store quips, the grades for your wife, because she knows. The look - you buy the look for her friends (status).

Glad to see I was close to my estimates on pricing. Just went through this, would have been easier if my SO was in the biz.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You are talking an entirely different class of diamond than what is available now a days, in 1910, there were very few colorless or flawless diamonds even found, and the ones that were normally ended up in collections.

Things in the diamond markets have changed a lot over the last hundred years.  Even owning a diamond was out of reach for most people in 1910, one thing you might check, is the stone  in your wife's ring a ideal cut or an old European cut, many stones in that day were cut in the Old European style, which allowed the color to be more noticeable.
View Quote
It’s a nice wavy European cut. A shade under 1.25 cts.  She loves it and I love the family approval that goes along with it
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just bring back my three pound cans of Kirkland's 100% Columbian Coffee Supremo Bean Dark Roast please.

eta, for $8.41.
View Quote
YES YES Yes!!1
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've never had cheese like that, so excuse the ignorance, but what is the allure of a piece of cheese that old and expensive?
Is it that much better? Different? Crunchy?
What's so special about it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That kit is $700 on Amazon.
View Quote
that's probably Chinese almost lead free ham
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Know nothing about the "Ham Kit" but I'm assuming it's the Spanish equivalent to real Italian Prosciutto?

Keep in mind that until recently it was illegal to import such pork products which was stupid...or a plot by American pork producers to keep a superior product out of the reach of 'mericans for no other reason than pure profit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top