Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Related...

Dis be a big ass cat yo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYP_8S9qPzs
View Quote

homie in the blue jeans trying to un-ass the area...

not that i blame him actually....

my fat slow ass would look like a Vegas buffet probably.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I lol'd at the end, "Yeah get the fuck away". Where was the bravado before that moment? "Cute kitty" etc etc
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm a bit over 6' and about 185. I carried a dead lion across my shoulders down out of the mountains, biologist weighed it at 80 pounds. If that thing had been alive and fighting I wouldn't be here today to tell about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, grow some balls and grab whatever is available and go caveman on that little cat. What a fucking pussy that guys is. Not saying I wouldn't get away unscathed but, can promise that cat would be dead and I might need some stitches but, it's not like that was damn full-grown tiger or lion.

I'm a bit over 6' and about 185. I carried a dead lion across my shoulders down out of the mountains, biologist weighed it at 80 pounds. If that thing had been alive and fighting I wouldn't be here today to tell about it.

ODFW has catalogued Cougars at over 200 lbs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The ranch I lease in SW Tx is full of them, they kill between 5-10 every year there. When I'm hiking those canyons, there's a lot of times where I'm peeking around blind corners with my pistol in hand. Especially when going into caves, they use those as dens and feeding grounds.

directly above my head on that ridge point, there's a cave that they use frequently. I really need to invest in a good 10mm.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Man I woulda been chucking rocks way quicker
View Quote

Yes, right from the start of that.
Of course I would have fired a shot into the air to scare it off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Not smart enough to carry a gun the first time.

Smart enough to make sure he has a gun the next time???

I don't walk out of my house without a gun, let alone go in the woods.  I've never seen a cougar in real life and the only bears I've seen have been while riding ATVs or bass fishing, but I still had that gun even though I never needed it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Related...

Dis be a big ass cat yo!

dude in the blue jeans was actually kind of a little bitch, he just bailed and left his buddy alone and yeeted himself into a tree lol
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, grow some balls and grab whatever is available and go caveman on that little cat. What a fucking pussy that guys is. Not saying I wouldn't get away unscathed but, can promise that cat would be dead and I might need some stitches but, it's not like that was damn full-grown tiger or lion.

I don't know if I have ever seen one. I' have seen one that I think would weigh at least twice as big as the one I mentioned. We weighed a live male mountain goat once that came in at 250, I can hardly imagine a 200 pound cat on that scale.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Once when I was back in the hills I met and talked with an old trapper. He had a couple good stories about releasing mountain lions from his bobcat sets, the way he did it was not something I would want to try.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Did he not even have a blade? Sheesh.

I wouldn't want to get into an unarmed scuffle with a cat large or small, but I wouldn't have let it follow me. Square off with it and stand your ground, advance on it and hold your ground. There are easier meals out there.

That cat was stalking him out in the open because it was hungry enough to taketthe risk and it felt that he wasn't a threat. It was testing him to see if it could scare him, make him run... Then he would have been dinner. Guy got lucky.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't know if I have ever seen one. I' have seen one that I think would weigh at least twice as big as the one I mentioned. We weighed a live male mountain goat once that came in at 250, I can hardly imagine a 200 pound cat on that scale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's getting uncomfortably close to African lion size Quick search show the females at 280.

That'll be a no from me
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

dude in the blue jeans was actually kind of a little bitch, he just bailed and left his buddy alone and yeeted himself into a tree lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Related...

Dis be a big ass cat yo!

I would not work with him again
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]
what's funny is the guy posts his EDC with a sig 365 on the gram

guess he didn't carry that day hiking???
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top