Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/20/2018 9:14:04 AM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
The case is over a 2016 YouTube video made by Meechan and published on his comedy Count Dankula page of his girlfriend’s dog Buddha paising its paw in return for a treat, having been trained to respond to phrases.

YouTuber ‘Count Dankula’ Found Guilty in ‘Sh*tposting’ Case by British Court

Scottish YouTube personality Count Dankula — real name Mark Meechan — was found guilty at Glasgow Sherrif Court Tuesday of a hate crime, and potentially faces two months in prison after recording a video of his girlfriend’s dog doing Nazi salutes.

Reporting from inside the courtroom, journalist and street organiser Tommy Robinson said Meechan had been found guilty of being “Grossly Offensive” under the Communications Act of 2003 and will be sentenced this afternoon.

The case is over a 2016 YouTube video made by Meechan and published on his comedy Count Dankula page of his girlfriend’s dog Buddha paising its paw in return for a treat, having been trained to respond to phrases.

Buddha’s owner Suzanne Kelly had previously said “He (Buddha) will lift his paw to virtually anything if he gets a treat for it. We have taught him to lift his paw to food, like ham or cheese.” and that her boyfriend had “never expressed anti-Jewish or anti-Semitic” views and has “always been very supportive towards minority groups”, reported Herald Scotland before the trial.

Speaking outside the court Tuesday morning, Meechan said: “It’s been two years of my life completely put on hold, I’ve not been able to get a job, there have been threats against my life… threats off Antifa, far left radicals.”

“They’ve tried to portray me as a racist and a Nazi, apparently context doesn’t matter anymore.”

Explaining how a simple joke had been taken out of context, Meechan said: “what they should have realised from the start is realise how ridiculous this entire thing is, okay he’s just a shitposter, he’s and edgy comedian’, there are famous comedians who have done much worse than me [like Frankie Boyle] and you don’t see them getting arrested”

“The thing which makes it so ridiculous is that this is over a joke, I’m a Youtuber, I made the joke video for a laugh… but then people wanted to misrepresent that.”

Speaking to journalists waiting outside the court waiting for the verdict before he went inside, Meechan blasted the police and mainstream media for having colluded before his arrest, allowing journalists to set up outside his home to photograph and record him being taken away by officers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Was this in the US
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was this in the US
View Quote
United Kingdom...
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Short term memory.  Dunno who he is.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
YouTuber ‘Count Dankula’ Found Guilty in ‘Sh*tposting’ Case by British Court

Scottish YouTube personality Count Dankula — real name Mark Meechan — was found guilty at Glasgow Sherrif Court Tuesday of a hate crime, and potentially faces two months in prison after recording a video of his girlfriend’s dog doing Nazi salutes.
Reporting from inside the courtroom, journalist and street organiser Tommy Robinson said Meechan had been found guilty of being “Grossly Offensive” under the Communications Act of 2003 and will be sentenced this afternoon.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Short term memory.  Dunno who he is.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]
The guy is in UK. He did a skit where he had his pug watch a video of Hitler giving a speech and then showed the pug giving a nazi salute, just like the monkey in raiders of the lost arc, and now he's been convicted of some bullshit hate crime and might go to jail.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey UK, Why don't you just stand up for yourselves?  Oh wait, you're not armed and you have no right to free speech. Do as instructed subjects.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]
The first amendment really is special. My favorite is the second amendment, but the first amendment is a good one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Bloody poofters.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The guy is in UK. He did a skit where he had his pug watch a video of Hitler giving a speech and then showed the pug giving a nazi salute, just like the monkey in raiders of the lost arc, and now he's been convicted of some bullshit hate crime and might go to jail.
View Quote

Wow.

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Every time I start feeling down about the United States, I just think about eurocuck islamo-states like the UK and Sweden and it makes me feel better.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The first amendment really is special. My favorite is the second amendment, but the first amendment is a good one.
View Quote
Its a shame the Limeys don't have any of them...
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Something about a boot stomping on a human face forever...
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#16]
This guy goes to jail over a pet prank but Islamic women carrying signs glorifying Nazis and the Holocaust is protected speech in the UK? WTF.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Disgusting verdict.  There truly is no free speech in Britain.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#18]
SENTENCING LIVE BROADCAST
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So Her Majesty's Government has done more to prosecute a guy over making a pug give a nazi salute as a joke than it has on the kidnapping, rape, and even murder of thousands of girls in the UK at the hands of Pakistani rape gangs.

If you've ever wondered how government becomes the bad guys, here's a good example.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Every time I start feeling down about the United States, I just think about eurocuck islamo-states like the UK and Sweden and it makes me feel better.
View Quote
Hate to harsh your mellow, dude, but they are just a glimpse of America's future in maybe 20-30 years.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#21]
The UK needs more 5th of November.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Sentencing delayed until April 23rd.

They can't give him more than six months, so they just kept delaying the trial and now the sentencing to put the worry in him while they swing the Sword of Damocles above his head.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Sentencing postponed until April
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Makes sense when the UK government says this.

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hey UK, Why don't you just stand up for yourselves?  Oh wait, you're not armed and you have no right to free speech. Do as instructed subjects.
View Quote
And people don't understand why we cling to our firearms.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I love it when someone claims "America isn't special" bull fuggin shit! Our legal system, and our bill of rights and our democratic REPUBLIC are pretty damn unique!
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wYr73wf.png
View Quote
Is that real!?!??? If it is...yep stick a fork in them, they're done.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Makes CA look sane.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wYr73wf.png
View Quote
This cant be real????

Time to burn it down across the pond, no its PAST time to burn it down
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I love it when someone claims "America isn't special" bull fuggin shit! Our legal system, and our bill of rights and our democratic REPUBLIC are pretty damn unique!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And yet a good portion of the country wants to wad it all up and throw it in the can.  "Cuz feelz."
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#32]
So if Fawlty Towers was on TV today, John Cleese would be tried for “The Germans” episode?

The UK used to have an epic sense of humor....used to.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#33]
The  UK is circling the drain. Time to write it off. Am I in before
Swede er Funky?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Was this in the US
View Quote
It will be if/when the Democrats get a hold of power again.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
United Kingdom...   Cuck Island
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was this in the US
United Kingdom...   Cuck Island
FIFY

This is awful.  His videos were really funny.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was this in the US
sort of.

The government won't jail people for making their dog respond to Sieg Heil or Gas The Jews.  Instead, the Democrats, Leftists, and liberals will blacklist all conservative speech, and everyone making conservative speech.  The government won't be involved; it will be social media keeping "watchdog" lists like SPLC and ADL currently do.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Gas the pug
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Watching Fawlty Towers The Germans must be a capital offense.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Somebody should post up his map of the world video.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#40]
They need their own 1776.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Now I want a Nazi pug
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#42]
From the article:

Reporting from inside the courtroom, journalist and street organiser Tommy Robinson
View Quote
What the fuck?  So basically an admitted propagandist then?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#43]
That’s bullshit.  The dog is the one that did it, it’s the one that should be in jail.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

United Kingdom...
View Quote
Thank God!  I thought this was going to be in the US.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Can you imagine if his pug raised his paw and had a butter knife?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Our nation is truly alone in its support of free speech, but the leftists will still attack it the same way they attack all other individual rights.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So Her Majesty's Government has done more to prosecute a guy over making a pug give a nazi salute as a joke than it has on the kidnapping, rape, and even murder of thousands of girls in the UK at the hands of Pakistani rape gangs.

If you've ever wondered how government becomes the bad guys, here's a good example.
View Quote
Needed bolding.

The irony of it is that Prince Phillip, King Ed VIII (aka Duke of Winsor) and plenty of minor royals all had Nazi sympathies or family members way back when.

But luckily the thought police are bringing people who say or think mean things to justice now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Someone tell the Marines that the UK is full of Muslims and (North Sea) Oil.  Let nature take its course.

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#49]
I feel horrible saying this, but the video was funny. Offensive as fuck? Yes. But I enjoy edgy comedy like that
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I bet the SAS raided their house in the middle of the night and wisked the poor pug to a top secret torture chamber on the Isle of Wight where puggles will never breathe free air again.

Godspeed puggles.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top