User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#1]
got a little dirk on my boots....
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the look, and I would kinda like a pair....but my general goal is to wear as little footwear as possible. Nike frees when I have to wear shoes, barefoot or flip flops the rest of the time. I've considered them for something semi formal but I don't know if I would ever get them broken in. Then there's the elevated heel issue, the arch support...all evil.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really loved my Ariats, but after 8 years the cheap Chinese boots are worn out. Been thinking about a new pair, but havent decided which brand I want to go with. Selection is also limited in NH beyond Justins and random Ariats, so that makes it hard too. I got my Ariats at a western store in Nebraska, and they had a wall of cowboy boots to choose from.
View Quote
Aren't double h made down in Pennsylvania or something? Should be able to find some?

Big fan here. Farming, trucking, ranching, Nothing else works as good. Have Lucchese, Double H, Dan Post, Tony llama, Ariat. Some for dress, some for work. Square toe only!

Ariat isn't what it used to be even 5 years ago :( But I can say that about all brands of every thing I guess... If I am not wearing boots, I am barefoot on a Florida beach. That said I have worn jeans and boots to the beach before!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#4]
In high school I had some Frye square toe and now I have 2 pair of US made Tony Lama's and a pair of Nocona that need the sole replaced. I love them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#5]
A quality boot is a quality boot.   I'd take a good pair of anything over junk.

I have zero use for any of the specific attributes of a cowboy boot, though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep. Wear them regularly. I have two pair of Lucchese including these ostriches

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Knew a hottie in college who wore boots with spurs.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:05:54 AM EDT
[#8]
All day everyday
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Like any footwear they have their use and I do have a pair. They are very good for what they were intended to be used for, namely riding and occasionally kicking an obstinate cow.

They also are a better choice in snake country than about anything outside of dedicated snake boots.   Outside of that there are better footwear options for most other tasks. For instance, they absolutely suck for rock climbing.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top