Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 56
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#1]
What separates those who’ve contracted Covid from those who haven’t?  Subliminal messaging?

Why a lot of us have had Covid and some of us haven’t

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Protest against New Zealand’s proposed Digital Identity Bill and the CCP

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Protests continue in Australia as Federal Election approaches

We Are Australians, We are COMING

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
It’s not the votes that count, but who counts the votes.

How To Vote Incompetence...cue the Australian Electoral Commission

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fully vaxxed but suffering from symptoms from Long COVID that sound a lot like the side effects from the vaccines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gI8vZ2-wmc
View Quote

Yep.  Why is it that the milder Omicron is a chronic condition for heavily vaxxed populations?

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Another goal achieved towards making Soylent Green a reality

l
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
A “least worst option” election will not change the course of things.  My guess is the most worst option will be selected.

'Least worst option': Australians to vote as 'close' race election reaches final blitz | Newshub

The assault on freedom by governments will continue.  After all, that is the current course of things.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
“...despite who wins the election in Australia, the agenda for what happens in Australia and many of the countries around the world is set here.”

This is where the agenda is REALLY set
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#9]
LIVE Coverage of the Australia Federal Election

Watch ABC News Australia live | ABC News
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Monkeypox hits Melbourne, then Sidney

Australia’s first monkeypox cases found in Melbourne and Sydney | 9 News Australia

Tripple-Vaxxed nurse suffering from Long Covid

Nurse suffering from long COVID unable to access financial support | 9 News Australia

Yet another reality in Australia (Perth) that sounds like the plot from some dystopian movie

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Scott Morrison loses the Prime Minister seat as Labor Party wins.

Australia turns further Left.

Surprise!  Surprise!  Surprise!

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Posted on 1/5/2022

Quoted:
If covid does continue to "rip" through Australia as it has been in the past few days, Scott Morrison is going to lose the next election, regardless of him being protected by the legacy media. He will become hated and blamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWA3cgKy5JY
View Quote

@SheltiePimp

You called it.  I’d be interested in hearing your take on everything now.

I’d say the legacy media turned against him as the election got closer as well.  Other than the protests & some of the noted court decisions, everything else in Australia seemed to be shifting further to the Left.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#14]
"Novak Djokovic is the symbol of freedom and courage, whoever prevented him from playing in Australia is a coward.”

[b]"Djokovic didn't just win one game, but he beat everyone who tried to stop him from playing. Art is individual, music is individual, sport is individual and neither the homeland nor the general position of a player can be denied.”

"So, whoever prevented Djokovic from playing in Australia is a coward, it is a government that is incapable and claimed to treat him like a sick person. So sick that he arrived in Italy and won as soon as these restrictions invented by inept people were lifted.”

“As soon as Djokovic had a chance to be what he is, he won. I see a world of miserable, incapable and cowardly. Djokovic is the symbol of freedom, of courage, I am with him and I am happy to support him on this extraordinary occasion.”

- Italian historian Vittorio Sgarbi

https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/news-novak-djokovic-symbol-freedom-courage-whoever-prevented-playing-australia-coward-italian-historian-vittorio-sgarbi-serb-s-visa-controversy
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Posted on 1/5/2022

@SheltiePimp

I’d say the legacy media turned against him as the election got closer as well.  Other than the protests & some of the noted court decisions, everything else in Australia seemed to be shifting further to the Left.

View Quote

I was surprised at the attitude in the past few days, with almost everyone turning on Scott and the disdain that the media and most people had for him. He screwed up too many times and covid fatigue and all the scandals in his cabinet were just too much, but I think a lot of people just wanted a change, and rising prices on everything really did push labor over. He was dropped like a rock tonight, everyone blaming him even before the election was called.  

Yes, it's a move to the left, and not without its dangers but it's not a dramatic move and the economy will be their focus because it will determine the next election, especially if we go into a recession or global shipping/food crisis. The economy is in real trouble and the reliance on China needs to stop, and that's going to be painful. The important thing is the relationship with the QUAD and how Anthony handles China's military expansion and the Solomons, and the continuation of the nuclear sub/technology deal.

Independent politicians did really well, which was kinda surprising.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Do these words & phrases all said within the first minute of the video sound familiar?  At this point, I really wouldn’t be surprised if the Democrat Party/US government helped out with the outcome of this election.

IN FULL: Anthony Albanese delivers victory speech after clinching win over Coalition | ABC News

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was surprised at the attitude in the past few days, with almost everyone turning on Scott and the disdain that the media and most people had for him. He screwed up too many times and covid fatigue and all the scandals in his cabinet were just too much, but I think a lot of people just wanted a change, and rising prices on everything really did push labor over. He was dropped like a rock tonight, everyone blaming him even before the election was called.  

Yes, it's a move to the left, and not without its dangers but it's not a dramatic move and the economy will be their focus because it will determine the next election, especially if we go into a recession or global shipping/food crisis. The economy is in real trouble and the reliance on China needs to stop, and that's going to be painful. The important thing is the relationship with the QUAD and how Anthony handles China's military expansion and the Solomons, and the continuation of the nuclear sub/technology deal.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Posted on 1/5/2022

@SheltiePimp

Appreciate your perspective.

I hope you’re right on the amount of swing to the left this government will create.  It looked like the Greens did quite well, too.  Is that right?  I was hearing that Labor will need the Greens support in order to govern effectively.  

I do hope the newly elected independent seats can be a louder voice for those citizens that were being ignored before, too.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Appreciate your perspective.

I hope you’re right on the amount of swing to the left this government will create.  It looked like the Greens did quite well, too.  Is that right?  I was hearing that Labor will need the Greens support in order to govern effectively.  

I do hope the newly elected independent seats can be a louder voice for those citizens that were being ignored before, too.

View Quote

Voting is still being counted but the Greens are doing really well as are independents, so the new government will have to be flexible as it looks like they won't get a majority and will have to work with the independents on big issues.

I don't think we will really know what direction the new government will go in before all the votes are counted, and they are 4 votes away from having a majority so there will be a power-sharing agreement with the Greens and independents as it stands now, but it could change in the next few days until all the votes are counted.

From everything I have seen today, this was a vote of no-confidence and defiance against covid lockdowns and covid management decisions like shutting borders and airports. The Morrison government could shout "we saved the most lives" all they wanted, but their actions impacted EVERYONE's lives. When Australians see European countries dropping all vaccine mandates and masks, they ask why are we still doing this and they are forcing teachers to get a double booster...

It is very clear that the new government will focus on climate change, whatever that means we won't know until actual policy starts to get legislated, but Anthony can not ignore the greens and independents so it will be a big policy focus. If, and its a big if, the new government goes after the sugar chain and cotton, or crops that are not really suited to Australia's climate but are the biggest political money contributors (to lobbyists or directly to parties), it will be a huge shift and will mean Australian politicians have to consider the wider community and not just financial contributors.

How Australia handles the hydrogen economy with Japan will be very interesting, Japan is willing to fund most of the development and purchase as much hydrogen as possible, but it's not really "green tech" on the production side so I'm not sure how the greens and independents will sway on that.

Anthony is going to the meeting in Tokyo with Japan, India, and USA on Monday, that's a very good sign for security in the region. China is studying the Ukraine conflict as close as the US is and they are already acting on that knowledge, and it's a real problem for everyone.

How the new Ozzie government moves in the defense sector (spending, contracts, purchases, partnerships, etc) over the next 3 to 6 months will show us the direction Australia is headed in terms of its China's strategy and regional security.

We live in interesting times!

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#19]
What is abundantly clear from this election, is no major block has a significant mandate to do anything drastic.  

This was an election built around general dissatisfaction with the direction of the country and its leadership.  The representation from the media around climate change etc is a very strong mis-read.  

The choice of leadership between Morrison and Albanese was a classic case of one option dumb, or another option of dumber and as a result of this and a lack of meaningful policy discussion the primary vote for the major parties collapsed to the mid thirties.

Unfortunately, the average Australian doesn't realise the dominant contributors to export earnings are oil/gas sector (primarily gas), mining - dominated by iron ore and exports of metallurgical coal (for the production of steel) and agriculture.  These three areas contribute ~ 75% of export earnings.  

Play with these export levers at your peril.  

Paul Keating once said Australia is a country of "lifters and leaners" in many respects he was right - what he didn't anticipate was the growth of the inner city, government employed leaners and the development of mendicant states such as Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia all of which have become government heavy consumers of wealth.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#20]
@SheltiePimp

@GroundhogOZ

Thank you both for your inputs!  

It’s very fascinating with the number of minor parties that you guys have.  Watching the election coverage the other day, it was almost like watching coverage of a bar fight with multiple participants as opposed  to a boxing match the way the US two party political system is structured.  America would benefit from more minor parties, especially after watching the Republican Party leadership falter the last several years, becoming harder and harder to distinguish some of their elected members from those in the Democrat Party.

I really like this video as it does a great job of showing that a two party system often turns into being  nothing more than just two sides of the same coin, no matter the country.

Facepuncher - Australian Election Parody

You guys are also at the tip of the spear when it comes to China.  Unfortunately, I think things will continue to escalate on that front.  I also still believe that Taiwan will collapse from within and fall to China much like what happened in Hong Kong, thus, the danger is greater and much closer than many realize.  Alliances with nations on this front also indicate the threat is growing as well.  We may be separate countries but still hold the same values.  Protecting and securing those values are key to the survival of all western nations.

Please feel free to post anytime.  I often post something that I’m not quite sure about, hoping someone will come along and set me straight.  Australia is a great country with great people.  It’s the government that’s the problem.  That can be said for many countries, including America.  Yes, we have the 2nd Amendment, but we’ve also learned that the other Amendments don’t mean anything to our current government, either, and they have a plan to make that one irrelevant as well.  The world is growing smaller and what happens in one part absolutely affects us all.

Freedom is very fragile now more than ever.  There is no talisman that will protect it. It takes all of us working together to protect those freedoms & values or we will all indeed lose them.  No western country truly exists in isolation anymore. That’s the main message I try to convey with this thread, so, again, please feel free to post your perspectives anytime.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#22]
NZ Jacinda Ardern travels to America but may not be able to meet with Biden.  Evidently, Californians lover.

Why Jacinda Ardern's White House meeting with Joe Biden is hanging in balance | AM
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#23]

‘An absolute rejection of the Morrison government’: Uhlmann reacts to election | 9 News Australia
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Another take on Saturday’s election.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Knives are out on both sides

Pauline Hanson at risk of losing Senate seat

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#26]

They were doing great until the vax
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What is abundantly clear from this election, is no major block has a significant mandate to do anything drastic.  

This was an election built around general dissatisfaction with the direction of the country and its leadership.  The representation from the media around climate change etc is a very strong mis-read.  

The choice of leadership between Morrison and Albanese was a classic case of one option dumb, or another option of dumber and as a result of this and a lack of meaningful policy discussion the primary vote for the major parties collapsed to the mid thirties.

Unfortunately, the average Australian doesn't realise the dominant contributors to export earnings are oil/gas sector (primarily gas), mining - dominated by iron ore and exports of metallurgical coal (for the production of steel) and agriculture.  These three areas contribute ~ 75% of export earnings.  

Play with these export levers at your peril.  

Paul Keating once said Australia is a country of "lifters and leaners" in many respects he was right - what he didn't anticipate was the growth of the inner city, government employed leaners and the development of mendicant states such as Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia all of which have become government heavy consumers of wealth.
View Quote

@Groundhog

I totally agree with you, I personally I didn't have a handle on what each party offers (and Im in Tokyo), and the clear differences in policy.

What worries me is the amount of iron ore Australia is selling to China, much of which is going into their naval/military expansion. If (or when) the Taiwan issue is pushed to something like what we have in Ukraine, Australia will be forced to put sanctions on China, which will not only damage the economy but it will also change the political landscape, same with coal and agriculture. How long Australia can suck on the boobs of China is a very difficult question the government will face, and countries like Brazil will quickly move in and take market share. I was speaking with a professional at a trading company a few weeks ago, and they think the only way to change that would be to shift exports to Europe and the US, but that is going to be very difficult and take years, but at some point we (Australia) will have to decouple from China, it is inevitable and China knows this and uses it a leverage. If the US decides to bring back manufacturing to US/Canada/Mexico, Australia will have a new export market, but it won't replace China so there is going to be a come to Jesus moment in the next few years.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@SheltiePimp

@GroundhogOZ

It’s very fascinating with the number of minor parties that you guys have.  Watching the election coverage the other day, it was almost like watching coverage of a bar fight with multiple participants as opposed  to a boxing match the way the US two party political system is structured.  America would benefit from more minor parties, especially after watching the Republican Party leadership falter the last several years, becoming harder and harder to distinguish some of their elected members from those in the Democrat Party.

I really like this video as it does a great job of showing that a two party system often turns into being  nothing more than just two sides of the same coin, no matter the country.

. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJKuqoDCQU

You guys are also at the tip of the spear when it comes to China.  Unfortunately, I think things will continue to escalate on that front.  I also still believe that Taiwan will collapse from within and fall to China much like what happened in Hong Kong, thus, the danger is greater and much closer than many realize.  Alliances with nations on this front also indicate the threat is growing as well.  We may be separate countries but still hold the same values.  Protecting and securing those values are key to the survival of all western nations.

Please feel free to post anytime.  I often post something that I’m not quite sure about, hoping someone will come along and set me straight.  Australia is a great country with great people.  It’s the government that’s the problem.  That can be said for many countries, including America.  Yes, we have the 2nd Amendment, but we’ve also learned that the other Amendments don’t mean anything to our current government, either, and they have a plan to make that one irrelevant as well.  The world is growing smaller and what happens in one part absolutely affects us all.

Freedom is very fragile now more than ever.  There is no talisman that will protect it. It takes all of us working together to protect those freedoms & values or we will all indeed lose them.  No western country truly exists in isolation anymore. That’s the main message I try to convey with this thread, so, again, please feel free to post your perspectives anytime.

View Quote

Regarding Taiwan, Japan has already explicitly stated that an attack on Taiwan is an existential threat and they have to act. There is a long and close history between the two countries going back before WWII, and Japan can not survive without the semiconductor industry. It is different to Ukraine because it has a natural moat and China can not stage troops without been observed, so Taiwan will be a lot of warning (hopefully).

We will see what happens with the QUAD, hopefully Taiwan joins officially.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Regarding Taiwan, Japan has already explicitly stated that an attack on Taiwan is an existential threat and they have to act. There is a long and close history between the two countries going back before WWII, and Japan can not survive without the semiconductor industry. It is different to Ukraine because it has a natural moat and China can not stage troops without been observed, so Taiwan will be a lot of warning (hopefully).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@SheltiePimp

@GroundhogOZ

. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJKuqoDCQU

I have no doubt about Japan’s resolve.  It’s the resolve of other countries as well as the Taiwanese government that I question.

Biden’s handling of Afghanistan should also be a clear warning sign that America is no longer dependable.

Yep, the time is quickly approaching when we will find out how it all shakes out.  Hopefully, the Red Dragon will back down in the end.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Recently, the drumbeats towards internet censorship has been growing louder in New Zealand.

...and now Australia.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Jacinda Ardern on Stephen Colbert Show discuss gun control

"We Will Buy Them Back And We Will Destroy Them" - PM Jacinda Ardern On Gun Control In New Zealand

ACT leader tells who won and who lost with NZ gun control law (1:40 mark)

ACT leader hits out at PM Jacinda Ardern's gun comments on Stephen Colbert show | AM
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Welp
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#35]
New PM Anthony Albanese discusses China influence in the Pacific

PM Albanese speaks on Chinese influence in the Pacific region | 9 News Australia
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Crime is noticeably up in Auckland, NZ

Dairy association says 70 percent of attacks unreported | Newshub

Gang violence will subside, Police Minister assures Aucklanders
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's looking more like Australia needs a revolution. American style or French...
View Quote

They have nothing left except their razor sharp accents.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#39]
No more cooking with gas.

Trust the state to secure your private information?

Thousands have privacy breached in major state government bungle | 9 News Australia

Australia wants even more gun control

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#40]
New definition of “consent”

New consent laws start on the 1st of June in NSW | 7NEWS
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Samoa signs pact with China

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#43]
These pieces of shit really don’t want anyone with a different opinion to have a voice.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/108385293454163039

Meeting with Twitter, Amazon, Microsoft, and Governor Newsom.
Tech tête-à-tête as PM meets with Amazon, Twitter on US trip | Newshub

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#44]
They really don’t care about your concerns or safety.

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Hopefully, the courts will do the right thing.

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Covid-zealot Greens demand Daniel Andrews crack down harder on Victorians who aren't wearing masks on public transport and promote more hated restrictions before winter

- Greens MP Tim Reed wants the VIC government to crack down on Covid rules
- Dan Andrews said he wouldn't be changing rules based on the Green's advice
- But Victorian AMA president said increased measures would be welcome

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10865033/Greens-demand-Daniel-Andrews-crack-passengers-arent-wearing-masks-public-transport.html
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Australia battles to stop TEN Pacific islands signing security deals with China after Samoa and the Solomons both form partnerships with Beijing

- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi started a 10-day tour of the Pacific this week
- China and Australia are battling for diplomatic ties across the region
- Australia is trying to stop as many as 10 nations from signing pacts with China
- Foreign Affairs Minister Penny Wong this week visited officials in Fiji
- Australia pledged to send ADF troops to Papua New Guinea for election aid

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10864441/Australia-battles-stop-TEN-Pacific-islands-signing-security-deals-China.html
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#48]
“I didn’t get around to it.  Work and life got in the way.”

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#49]
War is on the horizon in the Pacific and it’s coming quickly.

Concerns over China's growing influence in the Pacific | AM
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes, not everyone turned them in back then but it looks a lot like 1996 all over again with the recent crackdown.

Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top