Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The state of Montana runs on Canadian Whiskey. Hell, the forest service still maintains some of the old smuggler trails as recreational trails.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try Reserve.
View Quote
Crown Royal reserve is very, very good Whiskey.

Nothing for people,that love strong flavors, but the very definition of “smooth.”

Lol at the marketing claims... what marketing? I can’t remember ever seeing any marketing for Crown Royal.

It just sits there, selling, and not sucking... usually getting smeared at by the crowd you see forming above.

Shit, Reserve costs more than most of those whiskeys (that includes bourbons) with fancy wooden caps and wax and labels. They quietly sustain sales with their cheap plastic cap, because people who buy it aren’t trying to impress anyone but themselves.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Blasphemy!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Crown Royal isn't a good replacement for anything except maybe Boone's Farm and Thunderbird.
View Quote
Lol.  Truth.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Canadian Club 9 year old is quite good. Makes me want to try the 12 year old and better.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nothing for people,that love strong flavors, but the very definition of “smooth.”

Lol at the marketing claims... what marketing? I can’t remember ever seeing any marketing for Crown Royal.

It just sits there, selling, and not sucking... usually getting smeared at by the crowd you see forming above.

Shit, Reserve costs more than most of those whiskeys (that includes bourbons) with fancy wooden caps and wax and labels. They quietly sustain sales with their cheap plastic cap, because people who buy it aren’t trying to impress anyone but themselves.
View Quote
Oh wow! I thought you knew everything about everything. how could i have been so wrong.

Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wow! I thought you knew everything about everything. how could i have been so wrong.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/124978/mattK-433354.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/124978/mattk1-433355.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/124978/crownhorse-433357.jpg
I still can’t remember ever seeing any marketing for Crown Royal.

Were images of sports I don’t watch supposed to trigger my memory?

Thanks, so they sponsor A NASCAR(?) team and, what, horseracing?

They still sell their premium blends with plastic caps. And usually cardboard boxes and cheap cloth bags. They don’t play the current shelf presentation game at all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Oh wow! I thought you knew everything about everything. how could i have been so wrong.
View Quote
He's right again.  I did a taste test last weekend between Crown Rye, Reserve and regular.  Regular was better.  Rye would be fine for a Manhattan I'm sure.  Don't like or want extreme flavors.  Anyway, the best time to enjoy whiskey is miles into a wilderness, same as for coffee.  Taste has less to do with what's in the bottle or what the grind is, and more to do with where you're enjoying it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I still can’t remember ever seeing any marketing for Crown Royal.

Were images of sports I don’t watch supposed to trigger my memory?

Thanks, so they sponsor A NASCAR(?) team and, what, horseracing?

They still sell their premium blends with plastic caps. And usually cardboard boxes and cheap cloth bags. They don’t play the current shelf presentation game at all.
View Quote
The Nascar sponsorship cost them 400k per week. I don;t think Crown is bad at all. In Texas it is served everywhere. many times I cannot find a proper Irish so I am forced to buy Crown. I like it okay. To me it's not top shelf whiskey. it's just okay.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been told that the Kirkland brand Canadian Whiskey is pretty much Crown Royal.  At about $20 for a 1.75 the difference is negligible.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I still love a crown and coke
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been told that the Kirkland brand Canadian Whiskey is pretty much Crown Royal.  At about $20 for a 1.75 the difference is negligible.
View Quote
Tested that head-to-head against CR regular also.  CR definitely better, Kirkland not bad but not worth having a Costco membership.

Fuck Costco anyway -- they're just the minivan me-too crap membership of suburbia.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]
30 more hours of no sugar as my wife and I close out our 21-day sugar detox...
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Navy base I drill at goes through SO MUCH crown, they get an even better volume deal that other military exchanges, $39 a handle.
View Quote
Louisiana? There are some epic stories from Omaha, NE when LSU goes to the World Series.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#15]
That shit is nasty
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice Canadian whisky and a free D&D dice back as well, what's not to love?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Dragons milk is the replacement for bourbon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like my Bourbon bit sometimes I like to change it up. Crown Royal is a good line of Whiskey, I  like their rye bit it needs to breath some before you drink it. The regular and black is very nice but the XO is exquisite!
View Quote
*breathe, dude.  Breathe.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Meh.

Considered horse piss around here.
Rite of passage whiskey for 18 year old's and college binge drinker types.

There are much better Canadian Whiskey's out there for about 20% less than your average priced bottle of Crown.

I prefer Forty Creek and will pick it up when it goes on sale.

Sipping on a glass of Alberta Springs and Coke right now.
If anybody remembers, Alberta Springs used to come in its own wooden box, but it doesn't anymore (costs I guess)
Same as Crown doesn't come in a bag unless sales are down and they bring them back for promo purposes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Go choke yourself  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s because bourbon tastes like burnt assholes.

Canadian whiskey is delicious.
Go choke yourself  
LOL

The guy knows what burnt assholes taste like.   There is no hope for him.

OP, your drunk - go to bed.  There is no way on this earth that CR is a good substitute for bourbon.

Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Just finished a bottle from 1971
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Agree.  Dependably good.  Comfortable.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I just like whiskey.

Irish, scotch, Canadian straight, Canadian blended, American whiskey, American single malts, single grain rye, near rye, bourbon, Japanese, Indian single malt, Japanese blended, japanese single malt, Tasmanian single malt.

Sweet, dry, lite, oily, sherried, pleated, old, young, finished... whatever

Whiskey/whisky is a good thing. The more being made, the better
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]
drinking vanilla beam because soom asshole left it here and my FIL  just died 1 hour ago

and i know  it is wattt ya drinking  post
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Having a glass now
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Louisiana? There are some epic stories from Omaha, NE when LSU goes to the World Series.
View Quote
You know it!!  

Belle Chasse.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#27]
nothing wrong with a crown and moxie. crown maple on the rocks is good too.

never see a bald guy drinking moxie, shit puts hair on you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Meh.

Considered horse piss around here.
Rite of passage whiskey for 18 year old's and college binge drinker types.

There are much better Canadian Whiskey's out there for about 20% less than your average priced bottle of Crown.

I prefer Forty Creek and will pick it up when it goes on sale.

Sipping on a glass of Alberta Springs and Coke right now.
If anybody remembers, Alberta Springs used to come in its own wooden box, but it doesn't anymore (costs I guess)
Same as Crown doesn't come in a bag unless sales are down and they bring them back for promo purposes.
View Quote
I wouldn't quite characterize it a "horse piss", especially when you contrast it against high volume American Whiskies like Jack & Jim, which I consider inferior compared to CR.

That being said, yes, there are better Canadian Whiskies, some even cheaper than CR, like Tangle Ridge. Tangle Ridge, for like <$30 a bottle, tastes almost identical to Crown XR Blue at $140 a bottle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Crown royal black is close to bourbon.  Its finished in bourbon barrels.  Nice stuff.
View Quote
Yes it is, I just bought another 5th of it today...
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I wouldn't quite characterize it a "horse piss", especially when you contrast it against high volume American Whiskies like Jack & Jim, which I consider inferior compared to CR.

That being said, yes, there are better Canadian Whiskies, some even cheaper than CR, like Tangle Ridge. Tangle Ridge, for like <$30 a bottle, tastes almost identical to Crown XR Blue at $140 a bottle.
View Quote
You MUST try this..

https://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Products/DoubleBarrel
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's why I basically say that CR is overrated.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
drinking vanilla beam because soom asshole left it here and my FIL  just died 1 hour ago

and i know  it is wattt ya drinking  post
View Quote
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I remember my Dad used to like sharing some with relatives.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#34]
The biggest proponent of CR was a gentleman I knew that was from western PA.  He was great engineer that worked on the Apollo program helping to put America on the moon.  He said duct tape saved their ass.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
I have not yet tried that, it will be my next purchase.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Had a few Green Apple Crown and Dr. Pepper tonite. Yumm!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The biggest proponent of CR was a gentleman I knew that was from western PA.  He was great engineer that worked on the Apollo program helping to put America on the moon.  He said duct tape saved their ass.
View Quote
Heh !

So was my FIL, until I introduced him to Gibsons Finest the very first time I met him.
From that time until his passing a few years back, he always warned me that he would call Customs and have me banned from the USA if I didn't pick up some Gibsons for him at the Duty Free shop.
We had a great 20 year relationship.

His pic and bio hang on the Wall of Fame in the VAB, I bet he knew your friend from PA...
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Heh !

So was my FIL, until I introduced him to Gibsons Finest the very first time I met him.
From that time until his passing a few years back, he always warned me that he would call Customs and have me banned from the USA if I didn't pick up some Gibsons for him at the Duty Free shop.
We had a great 20 year relationship.

His pic and bio hang on the Wall of Fame in the VAB, I bet he knew your friend from PA...
View Quote
Maybe so.  There were a lot less people around back then.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Try it with OJ and a dash of lime.

It really goes well with citrus.

No, I am not kidding.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#40]
First time I ever got drunk as a young lad was on Crown.  I had eaten doritos and when I started getting sick I thought I was throwing up blood.  I had to clean it all up in the morning and go to work.  Fun times.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ghetto whiskey
View Quote
This.  Purple and gold drank.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Big fan of  Crown Vanilla.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No, I am not kidding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I am not kidding.
I like it with diet mtn. dew too. i'll try it with OJ next time. Sounds good!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Maybe so.  There were a lot less people around back then.  
View Quote
FIL hired on at the tail end of Mercury.
Ground floor Gemini and Apollo, retired after Apollo 12 and consulted for JPL and Rockwell in CA.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#45]
CR Black is the best I've tried. I want to get a bottle of their new bourbon expression, and then start in on their limited editions.

My father in law likes it, so I always try to have a bottle around for him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just like whiskey.

Irish, scotch, Canadian straight, Canadian blended, American whiskey, American single malts, single grain rye, near rye, bourbon, Japanese, Indian single malt, Japanese blended, japanese single malt, Tasmanian single malt.

Sweet, dry, lite, oily, sherried, pleated, old, young, finished... whatever

Whiskey/whisky is a good thing. The more being made, the better
View Quote
I'm going with what he said, but I'll add the only Crown royals I really like are the Northen Harvest Rye and the XO. Both are nice.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

FIL hired on at the tail end of Mercury.
Ground floor Gemini and Apollo, retired after Apollo 12 and consulted for JPL and Rockwell in CA.
View Quote
I'm still not convinced that they had help from alien life forms.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I like my Bourbon bit sometimes I like to change it up. Crown Royal is a good line of Whiskey, I  like their rye bit it needs to breath some before you drink it. The regular and black is very nice but the XO is exquisite!
View Quote
Heretic!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top