Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am on the Keto diet and not drinking soda is killing me. I can have diet sodas but what is the current consensus on them? Ok to drink? Gonna give me super cancer?
View Quote

im in ketosis and have been stuck at a weight for 2-3 weeks. said fuck it and started drinking coke zero. Lost 2 lbs in the past week.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Chemical cocktail.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Drink Diet Rite.   Seriously, uses Sucralose as the sweetener.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I switched from regular to diet soda some years ago.  At the time I part of my job entailed offering field support to remote service reps.  I found that they would call and ask me about something about a call a few days earlier and I and would have no recollection of the call at all.  Then I read somewhere that aspartame may affect short term memory for some people.   I quit drinking the diet soda and the problem went away.  I have since met a few other people who have had he same problem.  Anecdotal evidence for sure, but real enough for me.  

Then there is that whole myth of the "runner's high".  I never experienced that either and I used to run 5 miles a day.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Best advice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like with anything - moderation.

Best advice.

I wouldn't say everything
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Drink water
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Bad for you:
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

im in ketosis and have been stuck at a weight for 2-3 weeks. said fuck it and started drinking coke zero. Lost 2 lbs in the past week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am on the Keto diet and not drinking soda is killing me. I can have diet sodas but what is the current consensus on them? Ok to drink? Gonna give me super cancer?

I'm not sure there is a correlation between that.

If you hit a plateau try doing a one night carbload.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I just can't stand the flavor of diet drinks.  Aspartame tastes bitter to me and I'll get the occasional headache after drinking it, and the other flavors like Stevia, etc all have a weird off taste.

I just don't drink many soft drinks, maybe once a week, and mostly regular HFCS stuff.  The sugar sweetened ones taste best.  If I feel like a daily sweet drink, I'll drink sweet tea.  We always have a pitcher in the fridge at home.  I won't drink a nasty tasting substitute.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top