BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're saying the same thing as me.  If you fall under the existing Post 86 exceptions, you can have one.  So that'd be an SOT/07/.Gov organization
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So owning a bumpstock is illegal for everyone ? @Wangstang
Not exactly. If you fall under the existing post 86 exceptions you could own one but you better have it registered.
Didn’t they reclassify the bumpstock itself THE machine gun? So none of them were made before 86. So you can’t own a machine gun made after 86, right? Unless your an SOT.
You're saying the same thing as me.  If you fall under the existing Post 86 exceptions, you can have one.  So that'd be an SOT/07/.Gov organization
Maybe we can get Trump to make it easy to get an SOT/07 and we can all have bumpstocks again.............
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Maybe we can get Trump to make it easy to get an SOT/07 and we can all have bumpstocks again.............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not exactly. If you fall under the existing post 86 exceptions you could own one but you better have it registered.
Didn’t they reclassify the bumpstock itself THE machine gun? So none of them were made before 86. So you can’t own a machine gun made after 86, right? Unless your an SOT.
Now that there is thinking. How about they make it so that we can get an SOT/07 with no requirements other than the same background check we currently do for NFA items?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My mistake, for some reason, I thought you were talking about the individuals that happen to legally own pre 86 full auto toys. Such as just because I have an SBR AR, that allows me to be in possession of more than one upper with a barrel less than 16”. Carry on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Now that there is thinking. How about they make it so that we can get an SOT/07 with no requirements other than the same background check we currently do for NFA items?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought they had to have a request on official letterhead to make post samples.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought they had to have a request on official letterhead to make post samples.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not if you change the rules
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not if you change the rules
View Quote
Or just follow the law and not the rules.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
To clarify: are we presently at the stage where someone needs to get arrested and charged with possession to further challenge this rule change?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#8]
i am curious about status as well.

last i heard, we are still waiting for scotus response on if they will hear this case.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SCOTUS denied the stay request. The cases are still being litigated. There is not really much else to “report” at this time other than we need to wait a bit for the next step.
View Quote
Fantastic! I genuinely thought that they'd all been tossed out due to the exact lawsuits being brought rendered moot.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#12]
But bumpstocks don’t exist anymore since they all had to be turned in or destroyed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
But bumpstocks don't exist anymore since they all had to be turned in or destroyed.
View Quote
Sure they were.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
But bumpstocks don't exist anymore since they all had to be turned in or destroyed.
View Quote
At this point, its about slapping DJT's dick for over-stepping POTUS authority.

Actually, that is what is has ALWAYS been about.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep,many think it's OK to give Trump a pass,but we'll see how it plays out when a dem does it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Working a new angle?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Other than the las vegas shooting, there never will be any used in a crime since they were all turned in or destroyed.??
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep,many think it's OK to give Trump a pass,but we'll see how it plays out when a dem does it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup many don't care because
1. DJT did it
2. The first target was a "worthless hunk of plastic"

They will yell and scream when a dem uses the precedent he set to really fuck us all.....and we will say we tried to warn you, but you ignored us.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep. Not ended. Not even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SCOTUS denied the stay request. The cases are still being litigated. There is not really much else to "report" at this time other than we need to wait a bit for the next step.
Fantastic! I genuinely thought that they'd all been tossed out due to the exact lawsuits being brought rendered moot.
Nolo, what does the 'no crime committed' letter really mean?

Surely the ATF would know if a bumpstock was used in Vegas.  Or are the just lying knowing there is no accountability?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Surely the ATF would know if a bumpstock was used in Vegas.  Or are the just lying knowing there is no accountability?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SCOTUS denied the stay request. The cases are still being litigated. There is not really much else to "report" at this time other than we need to wait a bit for the next step.

I think it's to get ahead of the curve. Much easier to formulate arguments knowing that the ATF has no records of any crimes committed where bumpstocks were used. "Even the government admits that there is no record of a crime committed using those 'oh so dangerous' bumpstocks."
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what did the Vegas shooter use?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So what did the Vegas shooter use?
View Quote
Officially?

We don't know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The ATF has NEVER examined the weapons.  I have that from FOUR people.  DOJ, ATF and US attorneys.  Four different people.  They still haven't examined them and DO NOT HAVE THE WEAPONS.  The FBI does.  The letter is a fuck you to Len and I.  Well... we shall see what happens next.
View Quote
Opps, sounds like the cluster fuck is just starting, go get them Nolo!

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The ATF has NEVER examined the weapons.  I have that from FOUR people.  DOJ, ATF and US attorneys.  Four different people.  They still haven't examined them and DO NOT HAVE THE WEAPONS.  The FBI does.  The letter is a fuck you to Len and I.  Well... we shall see what happens next.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate our government.

In a normal world that letter should be very good ammo for you.

But I don't think ANY legal argument is going to matter.  Bump stocks will be illegal no matter what.  Period.  They just decided.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#26]
KEEP
CALM

AND
BINARY
ALL THE
THINGS
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hate our government.

But I don't think ANY legal argument is going to matter.  Bump stocks will be illegal no matter what.  Period.  They just decided.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate our government.

Trump decided.

And the bureaucratic behemoth backed him on it cause...spoiler alert, they hate guns more than Trump.

Banana Republic
Page / 24
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top