User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't even have to go that far.

If the DEA gets 10% of their budget from marijuana enforcement (Which I would guess is off by a lot) - you really expect them to cut 10% out of their budget on their own?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The more stuff they can keep "ultra illegal" the more money they make on raids and asset seizure.

They have no interest in making society more free.

Don't even have to go that far.

If the DEA gets 10% of their budget from marijuana enforcement (Which I would guess is off by a lot) - you really expect them to cut 10% out of their budget on their own?
Yep, no way are they going to downsize their own department.

Once an organization get so big, it takes on a life of its own. It protects its interest against all who threaten it.  Which is exactly what the government is doing and has been for at least the last 40+ years that I am aware of.

The non-medical uses is a joke, they keep it schedule I, which makes it very difficult to do any research with it, then claims no research proof.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Good.

I don't want my kids to grow up in a world where pot is legal.  Pot is the devil's tool to do the devil's bidding.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It's economics. They make a lot of money off putting people in jail for weed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
should be a state level issue
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Be interesting to see all the present day and past day big shots in DC who have big pharma stock in their portfolios
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
To any doctors here..........how can marijuana be considered as bad as heroin and worse than meth and cocaine?

Why do so many states allow medical marijuana but the DEA won't?

My layman's guess is "pension and dental plan".
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good.

I don't want my kids to grow up in a world where pot is legal.  Pot is the devil's tool to do the devil's bidding.
View Quote

Morphine made from opium to relieve pain and suffering is ok though...correct?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#8]
So are the Fed's gearing up now to do a massive raid on the entire state of Colorado?

The more states that give the feds the finger over marijuana, the stupider the feds look.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope Trump gets rid of the entire agency in addition to about ten other useless ones. I want to see soup lines from one end of D.C. to the other.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So are the Fed's gearing up now to do a massive raid on the entire state of Colorado?

The more states that give the feds the finger over marijuana, the stupider the feds look.
View Quote
The feds are much more involved in into country trafficking that uses once inside the state.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate stupid.

this is stupid.

the nations capital has had medical mj for decades.....

the nations capital.......
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Dopers lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I hate stupid.

this is stupid.

the nations capital has had medical mj for decades.....

the nations capital.......
View Quote
it's legal for recreation in the fucking capitol... Wrap your head around that.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Relying on a federal agency to change the classification is fucking stupid though. Many on this site cry when the BATFE changes classifications on firearms by a bureaucrat. Yet when a bureaucrat protects their job by making pot needles illegal, well that is good for america!

Congress is the proper venue to decriminalize marijuana.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Relying on a federal agency to change the classification is fucking stupid though. Many on this site cry when the BATFE changes classifications on firearms by a bureaucrat. Yet when a bureaucrat protects their job by making pot needles illegal, well that is good for america!

View Quote
Republicans won't reclassify it. The holy rollers would throw a tantrum and have to have a drink and a cigarette to calm down.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, no shit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, counting on Congress to do the right thing.

Good luck with that.

Yeah, I know you were just saying, but is it any surprise folks are hoping the bureaucrat does the right thing?

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Republicans won't reclassify it. The holy rollers would throw a tantrum and have to have a drink and a cigarette to calm down.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No doubt. The whole thing is a about $$$ and power just like everything else.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#21]
It should be treated just like alcohol for recreational use and like a prescription medicine for medical use
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
And alcohol and caffeine.

Alcohol and tobacco are specifically excluded from the definition of controlled substance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Marijuana is worse than Cocaine

So when will they classify tobacco as a Schedule 1 drug? Has no medical use and a extremely high potential for abuse with severe physical dependence.

Alcohol and tobacco are specifically excluded from the definition of controlled substance.

They tried it once with alcohol.

Big surprise, it created a lot of crime and did not stop folks from using it.

Why does that seem familiar?

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marijuana is worse than Cocaine

So when will they classify tobacco as a Schedule 1 drug? Has no medical use and a extremely high potential for abuse with severe physical dependence.

This!  Alcohol kills thousands every year.  Marijuana does not.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Found one, so how much money does your department seize in the glorious fight against the devil weed? You must be proud of all the lives that are saved by making pot Illegal.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://67.media.tumblr.com/7860aa18a1086834a05942dcc486c8cc/tumblr_n218vvbOsu1so2h9go1_1280.jpg

I'll have a coke.   The liquid kind.   Actually a diet one please.
good to see you have no problem with the government wasting a significant portion of your tax dollars on something pointless.  

Thanks.  With ice and a piece of lemon.  

Found one, so how much money does your department seize in the glorious fight against the devil weed? You must be proud of all the lives that are saved by making pot Illegal.  

I am not part of a department.  

There's zero bills to change any of this.   Not even from the democrats, when they had full control of both houses and the presidency, and a dope smoking president himself.  

The time that all of you are wasting on this is more valuable as a distraction to them than any amount of money spent chasing the people smuggling this into the country.

The federal government, by keeping this illegal, has control.

They will never, ever give up any control once they have it.   It's like asking for a tax to go away.  

No congressional support, no push from the media, and an extremely small and incoherent population of people pursuing it.  

Here's the most important part - With absolutely no money to back up their cause.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Reclassifying it into another DEA schedule wasn't going to happen right now regardless, because of the recognized medical use issue.  Decriminalizing/delisting it from Schedule I is an entirely different discussion.

There's a couple of problems to be resolved before FDA will reclassify it as "safe and effective" for a medical use.

1)  An actual, rigorous, scientifically valid study proving it is safe and effective for said medical use.  In the article, they even reference the existence of some studies in progress. Should one of these studies pan out, the issue will doubtlessly be revisited.  Anecdotal "proof", or customary use in folk medicine, will not accomplish that.  

2)  The delivery system.  Igniting and inhaling the smoke of ANY substance is generally considered hazardous to health, and as such will likely never be approved as a delivery system - that whole "safe" thing the FDA has such a hardon for.  If it ever does get approved for some medical use, it won't be in a raw smokable form.  Vaping or inhaler/nebulizer type apparatus maybe, at best.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And then there is the flip side, how much money they make not putting some people in jail for weed........

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And then there is the flip side, how much money they make not putting some people in jail for weed........

Well, it will cost you about $2-3000 to get caught with weed and you'll probably spend a night in jail which costs them like $10
I see them still winning
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Also, why is marinol schedule 3 if the plant it comes from is schedule 1? Another marijuana based drug is cesamet. (Marinol is synthetic THC)

The fact that there are already lower scheduled THC drugs contradicts marijuana being schedule 1.  
View Quote
So they can claim that mj has no medical uses.  Only things which COME from mj has medical uses.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#29]
There will be so much butt hurt in the GD as many were hoping to be able to buy the ganja
over the counter, of course all under the "freedom" BS.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Obama administration has denied a bid by two Democratic governors to reconsider how it treats marijuana under federal drug control laws, keeping the drug for now, at least, in the most restrictive category for U.S. law enforcement purposes.

Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg says the decision is rooted in science. Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States," and by some measures, it remains highly vulnerable to abuse as the most commonly used illicit drug across the nation.

"This decision isn't based on danger. This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine," he said, "and it's not."

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/10/489509471/dea-rejects-attempt-to-loosen-federal-restrictions-on-marijuana

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/573b94ab52bcd029008c3779-1200-1285/bi-graphics_drug-scheduling-chart.png
View Quote

Looking at that I'd put it at 3 or 4.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In other news: Drug War is still a failed campaign, our Federal gov't sucks, and fuck Obama
View Quote

[/thread]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
By those definitions alcohol should be a Schedule 1 controlled substance.
View Quote

Tobacco too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

[/thread]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In other news: Drug War is still a failed campaign, our Federal gov't sucks, and fuck Obama

[/thread]
Pretty hypocritical since he admits to smoking pot and his daughter just got caught smoking it.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
so should Tobacco. Odd that it took an amendment to the constitution to ban Alcohol but the .gov now just does whatever the fuck it wants.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
By those definitions alcohol should be a Schedule 1 controlled substance.
so should Tobacco. Odd that it took an amendment to the constitution to ban Alcohol but the .gov now just does whatever the fuck it wants.  

This.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There will be so much butt hurt in the GD as many were hoping to be able to buy the ganja
over the counter, of course all under the "freedom" BS.
View Quote

The war on drugs causes most of the crime in cities that is used as a reason to restrict the 2nd amendment.

Anti-gun pro-drugwar idiots.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#37]
lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Also, why is marinol schedule 3 if the plant it comes from is schedule 1? Another marijuana based drug is cesamet, which is Schedule 2.

The fact that there are already lower scheduled THC drugs contradicts marijuana being schedule 1.  
View Quote

In a nutshell, the delivery system.  There is practically zero chance the FDA will ever approve a drug as "safe" that must be ignited and smoked to administer it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#39]
At the rate they tax the fuck out that other plant people smoke I'd have guessed they'd be all for it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#41]
how is weed schedule 1 and coke and  meth are schedule 2?

just legalize all that shit already, it would clear up so much violence and get so many none violent offenders out of jail.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Tyrants gonna tyrant
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Funny how people question the governments ruling on pot but are proud of our second amendment. The federal government have professional scientists who did research on pot and have found it is one of the most harmful drugs with no medical benefits. Fact is pot makes you practically retarded, you can't hold a job and if you piss positive for it you will lose your job. I say good ruling. Hope it's illegal forever. We are finally getting control of the war on pot putting an end to people using the drug, why would we legalize it now. We must trust our governments rule and never question it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't really give a fuck what the govt says anymore, bunch of hypocrites that don't even abide by the laws they make/enforce, they don't care, why should I? See what Thomas Jefferson had to say about unjust laws.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There's the bottom line.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah, pot is in the same league as heroin

gotta keep drug warriors employed
There's the bottom line.  

Hells yeah.

WASHINGTON — Federal drug agents regularly mine Americans’ travel information to profile people who might be ferrying money for narcotics traffickers — though they almost never use what they learn to make arrests or build criminal cases.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#49]
I read somewhere the US government holds a patent for medicinal uses of marijuana.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good.

View Quote

Lol.  A drunk is about 10x more dangerous than any stoner.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top