Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I caught up with him one night in a back alley in St Denis. Didnt end pretty.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Panthers have been spotted before but it’s few and far between.

Bear are literally everywhere and the gubment introduced redwolves years back in this part of the state. They now interbreed with the coyotes and you can’t tell a wolf from a coyote at a distance
View Quote
I grew up close by in Martin County, and have seen a Panther. I have several friends that have pictures of wolves/coyotes on trail cams.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna guess either BOP or chihuahua.   Hard to tell anymore.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
ManBearPig
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pit Bull on its way to a child biting.
View Quote
This. They're seeing hoof marks and looking for zebras.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
bring back the short faced bear.  It was bigger than the polar bear.  Way bigger and meaner too.
View Quote
How would they know if it was meaner?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Manbearpig.

Edit: Damn!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It took TWRA a long time to admit big cats are in TN.  I never really understood why they denied it for so long.
View Quote
GA DNR is the same way. One was shot about 50 miles south of me in west GA a few years ago, DNR said it was a Florida cat that got lost. I tracked one in the snow several years ago when I spotted the tracks crossing an AT access trail, it had at least 2 cubs with it. I gave up when the tracks went into a very steep and icy area. I have pictures somewhere of the tracks, I'll have to try and find them sometime.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What I heard about why wildlife agencies deny claims about big cats in the east is if there are big cats then they are endangered. Endangered animals cost money out of budgets, if it is a case of one being out of their natural habitat no plan is needed. Once the population is large enough then the agency can state that the species is in the area in large enough numbers to not need protection. But that is just what I was told at my club by one of the older hunters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Negative.  SC DNR will NOT admit there are Panthers in SC.
It took TWRA a long time to admit big cats are in TN.  I never really understood why they denied it for so long.
What I heard about why wildlife agencies deny claims about big cats in the east is if there are big cats then they are endangered. Endangered animals cost money out of budgets, if it is a case of one being out of their natural habitat no plan is needed. Once the population is large enough then the agency can state that the species is in the area in large enough numbers to not need protection. But that is just what I was told at my club by one of the older hunters.
That's pretty much it.  Any wildlife agency that recognizes a large predator in their area is asking for a lot of headaches.  The agency will have some people that want to hunt them, some people that want them exterminated, and some people that will want to protect them.  The agency will piss off people regardless of how they handle the situation.  Additionally the agency will have to put together a management plan and monitor the population, which cost a lot money (and will piss off more people).  FWIW - I'm a wildlife/fisheries biologist working in the private sector but have several friends with the TWRA.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I saw this on Supernatural.Txl

Txl
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I heard through the grapevine there were 2 female lions that went “missing” near Columbia SC not long ago.

No joke.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Little old lady got mutilated, late last night....
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look for the nearest werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA
Little old lady got mutilated late last night.

Aaaoooooooooooo!

*Beaten like a rented mule
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cougar. They found one in CT a few years back that was hit by a car. Since there aren't supposed to be any Eastern Mountain Lions left anywhere, the wildlife biologists did genetic testing and found it was from  1500 miles out west. It just wandered east until it got squished on a road.
View Quote
I’ve posted these before. They were confirmed in writing by SCDNR as being made by a large cat around the size of a Mt Lion. Found them in McCormick Co SC in the middle of our hunting lease.

It had killed a deer that I found covered with litter near these tracks. You can see where it drug the deer straddling it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Human.

Panther.
Wanna bet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Lycan
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#17]
“Canine DNA was found on Mrs. Hamilton’s clothing, however the testing does not differentiate between wild canines such as wolf or coyote indigenous to the area and domestic canines,” said an updated post from the sheriff’s office. “At present Sheriff’s Investigators are collecting DNA from domestic canines in the area for further testing.”

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article226423575.html#storylink=cpy

BOP
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
“Canine DNA was found on Mrs. Hamilton’s clothing, however the testing does not differentiate between wild canines such as wolf or coyote indigenous to the area and domestic canines,” said an updated post from the sheriff’s office. “At present Sheriff’s Investigators are collecting DNA from domestic canines in the area for further testing.”

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article226423575.html#storylink=cpy

BOP
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Pitbull smelled the school children on her clothes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Cougar. They found one in CT a few years back that was hit by a car. Since there aren't supposed to be any Eastern Mountain Lions left anywhere, the wildlife biologists did genetic testing and found it was from  1500 miles out west. It just wandered east until it got squished on a road.
View Quote
It was from here, the Black Hills of SD. Made a lot of news headlines here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They claimed the same thing here even though multiple people had seen them.    Finally one got hit by a car on the interstate and they had to admit they were around.    Years later they had to shoot one in town.

Mountain Lion

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59/Mountain_Lion_Omaha_jpg-850026.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like Georgia says there are no cats here ....till one gets shot.......and they have to say don't do that again
They claimed the same thing here even though multiple people had seen them.    Finally one got hit by a car on the interstate and they had to admit they were around.    Years later they had to shoot one in town.

Mountain Lion

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59/Mountain_Lion_Omaha_jpg-850026.JPG
I grew up in Western NE and we knew they were there then. Hell, people used to hit them with cars between Scottsbluff and the school house turn.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]
They mostly move at night. Mostly.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Virginia is the same way, it baffles the shit out of me as to why they go to such great pains to deny their existence here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
His hair was perfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look for the nearest werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA
His hair was perfect.
STOP READING MY MIND!!!  LOLOL!!!!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top