Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Their house brand uppers were really good even though they were likely BA barrels
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DSG ain’t far from me so I would always go by there when I lived in Fort Worth.

I hope someone can take their place.
View Quote

Hope ain't a strategy my friend.

Hope didn't storm the beaches of Normandy.

Hope didn't go to the moon.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Their house brand uppers were really good even though they were likely BA barrels
View Quote

Ballistic advantage barrels are awesome
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm just annoyed that I had a Steiner T536 listed on the EE for months, NIB at 450 and had to take 350. They have one on auction that's nearly 600.

Auctions are weird, people bid just to "win".

Sucks they went under.
View Quote

@grey50beast

New EE model?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ditto

Also bought several 10-packs of their aluminum mags, they’re good mags
View Quote

I think there were threads last year that they folded.
Just bad business climate and COVID hammering the economy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#7]
IIRC I have several paper-wrapped 10-packs of their aluminum mags unopened.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think there were threads last year that they folded.
Just bad business climate and COVID hammering the economy.
View Quote

No, they failed because their customers all went to other places, such as PSA, because they could save a few dollars in an order.

Here is the fact of the matter.  Most who said they would support DSG for not gouging in mag prices, did not support them as they said they would.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damn fine print -- "18% buyer's premium on all purchases"
View Quote

I don’t know about this auction company, but the ones around here charge the seller, too. They’re eating 30-40% of the money from the sale while complaining about people not wanting to use their services anymore.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Regularly ordered from them. Had some good prices and never a hiccup. They were a solid vendor. Hate they went out of business.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:53:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sure would like to get one of their owb G48 holsters in fde...

View Quote

@GySgt_D

I really like (I guess "liked" now) their OWB holsters in FDE.  I have them for my Glock 48 ( one of my off duty guns), 19 (current duty gun), 34 (old duty gun) and my 42 (another one of my off duty guns).   Have some single mag carriers too.    

Attachment Attached File

They were well made holsters in a thicker Kydex for their price range.  DSG gave an LE discount too.  A few of the Texas guys that dealt with them in person said they were good guys too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 2:30:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@GySgt_D

I really like (I guess "liked" now) their OWB holsters in FDE.  I have them for my Glock 48 ( one of my off duty guns), 19 (current duty gun), 34 (old duty gun) and my 42 (another one of my off duty guns).   Have some single mag carriers too.    

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/dsg_png-3278980.JPG

They were well made holsters in a thicker Kydex for their price range.  DSG gave an LE discount too.  A few of the Texas guys that dealt with them in person said they were good guys too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure would like to get one of their owb G48 holsters in fde...

@GySgt_D

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/dsg_png-3278980.JPG

Yep. Going to miss their holsters.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 5:56:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Was one of my favorite places. Ordered a TON of stuff from them. Even made a point of visiting the retail store when I was in Dallas one time years ago.

View Quote

^^^
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I too got in on their mags during the Sandy hook BS, most sellers were canceling orders so they could gouge, DSG kept their word and fulfilled orders at pre-panic costs.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#15]
DSG was my favorite online supplier.

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Sad news.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#17]
lost one of the good guys. Slow sells or what killed them
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Very sad to see them go. I order from them more than most over the years.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Interesting how most of the bids are up to retail price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Bummer. Bought a few things from them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, they failed because their customers all went to other places, such as PSA, because they could save a few dollars in an order.

Here is the fact of the matter.  Most who said they would support DSG for not gouging in mag prices, did not support them as they said they would.
View Quote

I shopped with DSG over PSA for a few reasons even though DSG meant paying sales tax.  Shipping was very fast with DSG, none of PSAs shenanigans.  It was easy to reach an actual human working there if you had an issue and they quickly responded in favor of the customer.

I felt on mags they were competitive with anyone, for me it was just the sales tax premium I paid but it was worth it.

Hate to see them gone.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I remember during the post-SandyHook panic, DSA kept their prices for PMAGS at pre panic prices and kept accepting orders, telling customers that they would keep filling orders and shipping mags until Magpul stopped making them or the Government shut them down.

They are standup guys and we salute you!
https://media1.tenor.com/m/ivv5dTKvV4AAAAAC/hee-haw.gif
View Quote

They were great.  My dad and I bought a bunch of the 10 packs in gray and black.  I also bought a bunch of my AR-10B mags and parts from them.  They always had good prices and availability.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#23]
If they carried something, I got it from them, even if jt meant paying a little more. If not, I got it from someone else.

Their customer service was top notch and earned my business time and time again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top